• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:42
CEST 23:42
KST 06:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6854 users

Jangbi retires - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46 47 Next All
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
August 29 2013 05:33 GMT
#61
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.


If that were the case, he could just change races. I think the issue is the game design in general.
EsMuyVien
Profile Joined July 2011
United States408 Posts
August 29 2013 05:33 GMT
#62
Fuuuuuuuck... Will miss seeing him JangBang.
If what I think is happening is happening - it better not be.
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
August 29 2013 05:33 GMT
#63
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.

I was even thinking, if theres enough protoss retiring, Blizzard might consider re-design the race
not gonna happen though
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 29 2013 05:33 GMT
#64
Inb4 he tries to be a LoL pro
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 05:35 GMT
#65
On August 29 2013 14:33 pylonsalad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.


If that were the case, he could just change races. I think the issue is the game design in general.


There are several players on record who said they didn't want to disappoint their fans and felt like they had to play the race they did in BW even if a switch would suit their play style more. For example Bisu. Yes, many people have commented on the design flaws of the game it isn't anything new but you got to do the best with the tools you have and players still find success.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
August 29 2013 05:35 GMT
#66
Damn Cya JangBii!
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
August 29 2013 05:36 GMT
#67
Wow thats sad and unexpected.

StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 05:37 GMT
#68
On August 29 2013 14:33 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.

I was even thinking, if theres enough protoss retiring, Blizzard might consider re-design the race
not gonna happen though


Try to take the positives out of this. This leaves a seat for more up-and-comers to fill the void. A lot of these KeSPA players who have been playing years and years of BW are part of the old guard. This is great news for the young generation of players even if JangBi leaves big shoes to fill.
FoShao
Profile Joined November 2012
United States256 Posts
August 29 2013 05:37 GMT
#69
now who's going to do the JangBanging? D:
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 05:37 GMT
#70
On August 29 2013 14:33 pylonsalad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.


If that were the case, he could just change races. I think the issue is the game design in general.

Some players stuck to the same race they played in BW for their fans. SCII terran benefits greatly from multitasking and would suit Bisu fine but he kept playing protoss for the fans. Same with Flash and protoss(although its not mentioned as much.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
August 29 2013 05:38 GMT
#71
wow fuck, he was so good in last PL but retires all of a sudden
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 05:38:43
August 29 2013 05:38 GMT
#72
Who's next? Bisu? Come to SSL and let's see your stooooooorms!
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Malphite
Profile Joined December 2012
United States186 Posts
August 29 2013 05:38 GMT
#73
I'm crying... I stopped playing this game in Dec (after playing BW from 1998 all the way to 2008... than sc2 til Dec).... but i'm sad my favorite game all time is dying.

I mean when the best BW player at the end retires less than a year in SC2.... somethings wrong. He was the best player in BW at the end. I'm actually sad, I've always thought he would be the first BW pro to do big things in SC2. It's a shame, as much as I think League is the new Esports king, I love watching SC2. I watch more SC 2 than LoL and i strictly only play League.

If flash/Jaedong retires.. I don't know how i'd feel.
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 05:38:37
August 29 2013 05:38 GMT
#74
that is sad, but I shall not be honest if I say that I'm not glad about his decision. Maybe we'll see him in SOSPA matches and that is so much more fun!
Legend of the Fall! I shall not miss you in SC2, I shall miss you in BW
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
August 29 2013 05:39 GMT
#75
NooOoO T.T Today I was just thinking that Jangbi had a good shot this season of Code S, he is really good!! T.T This game as a huge surprise to me..
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
August 29 2013 05:39 GMT
#76
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.

I agree, protoss is an abomination in sc2 compared with bw, unlike terran.
Hope to see him in sospa leagues.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
August 29 2013 05:40 GMT
#77
On August 29 2013 14:33 Disengaged wrote:
Inb4 he tries to be a LoL pro


Would love to see him try, there's an old pro BW protoss doing quite well in LoL these days.

This is too sad, I suddenly feel a lot less interest in SC2 now that my favorite player is gone.
Thank you so much for all the great memories ;~;

Everyday Girl's Day~!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 29 2013 05:40 GMT
#78
FUCKING HELL WHAT
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 05:42 GMT
#79
On August 29 2013 14:38 Malphite wrote:
I'm crying... I stopped playing this game in Dec (after playing BW from 1998 all the way to 2008... than sc2 til Dec).... but i'm sad my favorite game all time is dying.

I mean when the best BW player at the end retires less than a year in SC2.... somethings wrong. He was the best player in BW at the end. I'm actually sad, I've always thought he would be the first BW pro to do big things in SC2. It's a shame, as much as I think League is the new Esports king, I love watching SC2. I watch more SC 2 than LoL and i strictly only play League.

If flash/Jaedong retires.. I don't know how i'd feel.

don't, Flash and JD are earning too much money to forfeit their spots. But looks like the tendency of retirements is only getting stronger while ppl continue lying about SC2 future. If you ask me, I'd say that I have doubts not because pros retiring, but because all my friends stopped playing SC2 and switched to different games.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 05:42:21
August 29 2013 05:42 GMT
#80
On August 29 2013 14:40 lichter wrote:
FUCKING HELL WHAT

your eyes are not deceiving you, Jangbi retired!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub265
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14084
NaDa 21
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1967
shahzam576
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1110
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 18m
INu's Battles
13h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 18m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.