• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11113 users

Jangbi retires - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 47 Next All
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
August 29 2013 05:54 GMT
#121
He's the one of the last ones I would've expected to retire
MarkusCZ
Profile Joined November 2011
Czech Republic6 Posts
August 29 2013 05:54 GMT
#122
bad day gl hf in life !
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
August 29 2013 05:55 GMT
#123
Sad

goodbye Jangbi, I really loved your play.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 05:55 GMT
#124
On August 29 2013 14:51 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:37 StarStruck wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:33 Arceus wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.

I was even thinking, if theres enough protoss retiring, Blizzard might consider re-design the race
not gonna happen though


Try to take the positives out of this. This leaves a seat for more up-and-comers to fill the void. A lot of these KeSPA players who have been playing years and years of BW are part of the old guard. This is great news for the young generation of players even if JangBi leaves big shoes to fill.

I love the players more than the game. For instance this event takes away much interest of me in this GSL. Thats the case for most sports imo
Gotta devote more time to watching the SSL I guess


Oh I agree with you there because I really enjoyed watching JangBi excel. It's a token to him because near the end of the KeSPA BW days he was the Protoss to look out for and then look what he did with SC2 in PL. The guy is a beast. I used to criticize him a lot for using so many proxies early on his BW career but I give credit where it's due and this guy has proved himself time and time again. Very good player and he will be missed. Now it's time for someone else to step up and lead Khan to victory. Who wants to take JangBi's seat?
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
August 29 2013 05:55 GMT
#125
WHAT???!?!?

And ... retiring while in Code-S??
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
August 29 2013 05:55 GMT
#126
Wow, that sucks. For now. Hope he plays some BW before he goes into military. Not surprised, though I thought Stork would've retired first.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
August 29 2013 05:56 GMT
#127
Well fuck.
Refer to my post.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 05:56 GMT
#128
On August 29 2013 14:52 Scarecrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three).

Are you high? Fantasy's vastly outperformed Bisu in SC2

early on, yes he did. I think once HoTS released, Bisu started performing on par or better than Fantasy. I haven't seen Fantasy play in a while though so I could be wrong. As for stork, well, we can both agree he was the worst from all three XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 29 2013 05:56 GMT
#129
I don't think anyone expected Jangbi to retire before Stork...
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
August 29 2013 05:56 GMT
#130
Writer@joonjoewong
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 05:56 GMT
#131
On August 29 2013 14:55 RiceAgainst wrote:
Wow, that sucks. For now. Hope he plays some BW before he goes into military. Not surprised, though I thought Stork would've retired first.


I think a lot of us saw Birdtoss retiring before Mr. Jangbang. ;/
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 05:57 GMT
#132
On August 29 2013 14:56 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:55 RiceAgainst wrote:
Wow, that sucks. For now. Hope he plays some BW before he goes into military. Not surprised, though I thought Stork would've retired first.


I think a lot of us saw Birdtoss retiring before Mr. Jangbang. ;/

ya, agree with this. Maybe Bisu is next
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 29 2013 05:57 GMT
#133
On August 29 2013 14:52 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:50 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:49 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 myminerals wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

I wonder why Bisu didn't, it doesn't look like he's doing well anyway.
So here is my try Stork, Bisu, Effort, Roro

Roro isn't retiring yet. He won the last WoL GSL getting 100k although he's fallen a lot from that period. Effort, possibly. Must be painful to be an OSL winner and can't make it past RO32(I believe).

he won 50k not 100k

50? wasn't it 100 million won? I may be basing this on GSL open season prize although I watched the game live and saw him get the cheque.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1

60 mil won
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 05:58:35
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#134

StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#135
On August 29 2013 14:56 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:52 Scarecrow wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three).

Are you high? Fantasy's vastly outperformed Bisu in SC2

early on, yes he did. I think once HoTS released, Bisu started performing on par or better than Fantasy. I haven't seen Fantasy play in a while though so I could be wrong. As for stork, well, we can both agree he was the worst from all three XD


Bisu still has a ton to prove though man. Okay, so he got a few wins in PL. What has he done in Individual Leagues? In either case I don't see the worth in comparing players in a retirement thread. Difference is too small.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#136
Secretly I am hoping Khan buy Prime or something

..God this makes me so sad
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#137
On August 29 2013 14:52 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:47 pylonsalad wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:35 StarStruck wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:33 pylonsalad wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 ShiroKaisen wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:29 Arceus wrote:
what the fuck I was sure JangBi has what it takes to win this GSL
too many protosses retire. goddamn this game


that's what happens when protoss is by far the least fun of the three races...to play as and play against.


If that were the case, he could just change races. I think the issue is the game design in general.


There are several players on record who said they didn't want to disappoint their fans and felt like they had to play the race they did in BW even if a switch would suit their play style more. For example Bisu. Yes, many people have commented on the design flaws of the game it isn't anything new but you got to do the best with the tools you have and players still find success.


I find it telling that it's mostly ex-BW players retiring recently. Just like those who dropped out when Kespa made the switch, I think many just don't like the new game as much but stayed on because, well, they don't have a choice if they want to be progamers. They have a reference for comparison that the non-Kespa SC2 players don't have.

With the uncertain future of proleague, I think we're going to see a few more retirements from players who were star players in BW but not doing too great in SC2.


When you've been playing a game for the vast majority of your adolescence years? It's very hard when you're told you aren't allowed playing it anymore and you have to play a new game. Very hard and the pressure on them is enormous. I'm really happy for guys like Sea who got out right away because he knew it wasn't for him and look at him now. Before they switched from BW to SC2. Sea was in a BW nightmare in PL. It was some of his darkest days as a player where he looked absolutely clueless. Ever since his return to BW and joining Sonic League he's now a beast again.



I agree. I'm happy for the guys who recognized right away that SC2 wasn't for them. It just sucks that there won't be any new blood in BW.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#138
On August 29 2013 14:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
Beyond unsurprised


you must get some high level insider information at Clauf to not be surprised by this
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#139
What?

Jangbi! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

at least come back to BW.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
August 29 2013 05:58 GMT
#140
Yes! Great news, come back to BW baby ^^
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
ProTech131
UpATreeSC 125
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31332
Calm 3035
Shuttle 825
firebathero 161
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 28
Hyun 28
Bale 27
NaDa 25
[ Show more ]
soO 23
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Free 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7779
XaKoH 279
Fuzer 147
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1609
fl0m1463
x6flipin258
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu568
Other Games
FrodaN1260
Beastyqt774
ceh9551
B2W.Neo546
mouzStarbuck410
Livibee191
byalli153
C9.Mang0127
RotterdaM104
KnowMe99
ToD95
Trikslyr79
Mew2King56
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 34m
Replay Cast
4h 19m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.