• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:54
CEST 03:54
KST 10:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6938 users

Jangbi retires - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 47 Next All
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
August 29 2013 05:59 GMT
#141
That is sad
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
T.O.P
Profile Joined December 2012
469 Posts
August 29 2013 06:00 GMT
#142
Noooooooooooooooooo!! dang. Good luck Jangbi
I'm not the real T.O.P just a fan!
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
August 29 2013 06:00 GMT
#143
Dammit, this is so fucking sad, my favorite players, the ones that I look up to and admire the most are the ones retiring.

I thought Jangbi had a shot at a SC2 championship for real, some of his games in Proleague where pure brilliance, I'm really down upon reading this.

Good luck to you Jangbi wherever you go.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Pisko.
Profile Joined August 2011
United States214 Posts
August 29 2013 06:00 GMT
#144
Blizzard killed BW for this...
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
minilance
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 06:00:37
August 29 2013 06:00 GMT
#145
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jangbi was my favorite player
Bisu, Jangbang <3
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 06:01 GMT
#146
On August 29 2013 14:58 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:56 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:52 Scarecrow wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three).

Are you high? Fantasy's vastly outperformed Bisu in SC2

early on, yes he did. I think once HoTS released, Bisu started performing on par or better than Fantasy. I haven't seen Fantasy play in a while though so I could be wrong. As for stork, well, we can both agree he was the worst from all three XD


Bisu still has a ton to prove though man. Okay, so he got a few wins in PL. What has he done in Individual Leagues? In either case I don't see the worth in comparing players in a retirement thread. Difference is too small.

Bisu had a ton to prove on while he was in BW. Never actually won anything from the days of Savior! I always said he had not fighter's spirit, something that makes old veterans like JD still play.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 06:01 GMT
#147
On August 29 2013 14:57 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:52 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:50 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:49 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 myminerals wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

I wonder why Bisu didn't, it doesn't look like he's doing well anyway.
So here is my try Stork, Bisu, Effort, Roro

Roro isn't retiring yet. He won the last WoL GSL getting 100k although he's fallen a lot from that period. Effort, possibly. Must be painful to be an OSL winner and can't make it past RO32(I believe).

he won 50k not 100k

50? wasn't it 100 million won? I may be basing this on GSL open season prize although I watched the game live and saw him get the cheque.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1

60 mil won

thanks, must be thinking of fruitdealer then.

On August 29 2013 14:58 myminerals wrote:


watched this clip so many times I lost count lol

On August 29 2013 14:58 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:56 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:52 Scarecrow wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three).

Are you high? Fantasy's vastly outperformed Bisu in SC2

early on, yes he did. I think once HoTS released, Bisu started performing on par or better than Fantasy. I haven't seen Fantasy play in a while though so I could be wrong. As for stork, well, we can both agree he was the worst from all three XD


Bisu still has a ton to prove though man. Okay, so he got a few wins in PL. What has he done in Individual Leagues? In either case I don't see the worth in comparing players in a retirement thread. Difference is too small.

ya true. Mostly going off the PL wins for Bisu although Parting said he's amazing in practice or something.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BlackPanther
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States872 Posts
August 29 2013 06:01 GMT
#148
Makes sense. He wasn't making any progress in SC2 and he was going into military service soon anyway.
Dreamsmasher2
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada38 Posts
August 29 2013 06:02 GMT
#149
i want jangbi streaming on afreeca BW obviously
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 29 2013 06:02 GMT
#150
On August 29 2013 15:01 BlackPanther wrote:
Makes sense. He wasn't making any progress in SC2 and he was going into military service soon anyway.


I'm pretty sure he was the 2nd best Protoss in the HotS half of Proleague and he was on the Power Rank a month ago.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
August 29 2013 06:03 GMT
#151
Damn it, so sad It's kind of rare when players reach a second peak... Jangbi's first peak was during the Dragons era, then he became a "pae-wang", only to come back and win 2 OSL titles back to back ! Then he was forced to switch to SC2... I can imagine the frustration when you worked so hard to reach the top only to be forced to switch games

gg Jangbi, hope to see you playing BW soon.
ॐ
Whisperkill
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada76 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#152
On August 29 2013 14:19 Tosstriss wrote:
Shit, just heard the news on Mafia but damn...


By hearing the news on mafia you mean while playing mafia or that Action also retired? If so, that would be pretty awesome to have a KT Zerg in SOSPA.

Kinda hoping for Hoejja to leave as well so I have a favorite player to cheer for(though Mafia Zerg would do just perfect)

On topic, that's kind of sad in an SC2 point of view, but exciting if he plays Sonic's leagues as he was obviously the top BW player at the time of the switch. Even Minidong wouldn't withstand the fury of the Almighty.
RIP 우정호, best broodwar player.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#153
If I don't see an epic 10,000 word article about JangBi by next week I am going to be so disappointed in TL
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#154
On August 29 2013 15:01 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:57 opterown wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:52 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:50 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:49 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 myminerals wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

I wonder why Bisu didn't, it doesn't look like he's doing well anyway.
So here is my try Stork, Bisu, Effort, Roro

Roro isn't retiring yet. He won the last WoL GSL getting 100k although he's fallen a lot from that period. Effort, possibly. Must be painful to be an OSL winner and can't make it past RO32(I believe).

he won 50k not 100k

50? wasn't it 100 million won? I may be basing this on GSL open season prize although I watched the game live and saw him get the cheque.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2013_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1

60 mil won

thanks, must be thinking of fruitdealer then.

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:58 myminerals wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OQJKlbOuI

watched this clip so many times I lost count lol

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:58 StarStruck wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:56 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:52 Scarecrow wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three).

Are you high? Fantasy's vastly outperformed Bisu in SC2

early on, yes he did. I think once HoTS released, Bisu started performing on par or better than Fantasy. I haven't seen Fantasy play in a while though so I could be wrong. As for stork, well, we can both agree he was the worst from all three XD


Bisu still has a ton to prove though man. Okay, so he got a few wins in PL. What has he done in Individual Leagues? In either case I don't see the worth in comparing players in a retirement thread. Difference is too small.

ya true. Mostly going off the PL wins for Bisu although Parting said he's amazing in practice or something.


Ofc he is. It's fucking Bisu mechanics. o; Practice is practice man but when it comes to the real deal you got to perform regularly. ;/ I was a huge supporter of Bisu back in the BW days, but I know when they're struggling.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#155
I apologize if this offends anyone but this put a huge smile on my face. While I kind of hate Jangbi for preventing Fantasy victories at the last 2 finals, I am looking forward to seeing him in SSL. He was so damn good before the switch...
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#156
Wow he was starting to do so well.

Hopefully he does amazing in w/e he does next!
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#157
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.

I lol'd. You should go on your my friend.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 06:04:58
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#158
On August 29 2013 15:01 BlackPanther wrote:
Makes sense. He wasn't making any progress in SC2 and he was going into military service soon anyway.

On the contrary he became quite good. From the moment he first lost to a zerling runby he turned into a very skilled toss, so we can't say he was not making progress.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 29 2013 06:04 GMT
#159
On August 29 2013 15:04 Whisperkill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:19 Tosstriss wrote:
Shit, just heard the news on Mafia but damn...


By hearing the news on mafia you mean while playing mafia or that Action also retired? If so, that would be pretty awesome to have a KT Zerg in SOSPA.

Kinda hoping for Hoejja to leave as well so I have a favorite player to cheer for(though Mafia Zerg would do just perfect)

On topic, that's kind of sad in an SC2 point of view, but exciting if he plays Sonic's leagues as he was obviously the top BW player at the time of the switch. Even Minidong wouldn't withstand the fury of the Almighty.


We're both listening to the Esports Mafia Week 18 cast man. That's how I heard about it too lol.
Savagewood
Profile Joined June 2012
United States84 Posts
August 29 2013 06:05 GMT
#160
Sad for Jangbi, they need to give the Code S spot to IdrA for the lulz.
"It turns out the game is a lot harder when you can't see the whole map."-IdrA, regarding his match against Spades.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 174
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14741
Rain 1511
GuemChi 877
sorry 35
Bale 16
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever434
NeuroSwarm194
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 454
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1060
Mew2King93
Other Games
summit1g6561
JimRising 534
WinterStarcraft507
C9.Mang0176
ViBE131
Trikslyr59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick808
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta42
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt210
Other Games
• Scarra954
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 6m
INu's Battles
9h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 6m
OSC
20h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 6m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.