• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9937 users

[Battle.SC] Automatic Replay Launcher

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Mars_Quirinus
Profile Joined November 2012
3 Posts
November 18 2012 00:07 GMT
#1
I'm posting this for Mars_Quirinus who can't make new threads yet.





[image loading]



MANLIEST program you'll ever find. An uber-hyper-mega-super useful replay tool for StarCraft: Brood War.

Features:
  • Automatic launch of replay files (no need to navigate through menus)
  • Replay file association
  • Window mode (by XeNotRoN)
  • Production of current units (hotkey: F5)
    [image loading]

  • Unit count (hotkey: F6)
    [image loading]

  • Worker count
    [image loading]


Installation:
  1. Download the archive from http://battle.sc
  2. Extract in the appropriate directory.
  3. Launch BattleSC.exe.


[image loading]












*** All glory to the Battle.SC Launcher! ***

Current version of launcher is only a first step. We want to continue to develop it. I hope you loved our project and help kick-start it.

Our goals:
  • Create auto matchmaking plugin
    User only needs to start launcher and hit search button. Everything else will be done automatically:
    Launcher will search for enemy to match your skill level.
    Launcher will test connection between you and your opponent to make sure the game won't lag(real connection test, not ping).
    Launcher will solve problems with local ip-addresses and port-forwarding.
    SC2TV implemented their server with autosearch engine a few years ago. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough time to support it. I'm happy to announce that now they are supporting our project. They consult us on different tech questions and will provide source code of their server (if we need it).

  • Add hotkey manager.
    The 'p' key is too far away.

  • Build an army of military robots,
    which can be controlled with starcraft-like interface. It's time for us to rise.

  • Improve/adapt graphics
    Brood War looks great. But it works in 640x480 resolution and 4:3 format. Every modern monitor has at least twice as big resolution and works in 16 : 10 or 16 : 9 format. Apple is already using retina displays in their products, and it's a matter of time when other companies start using them too.

    Stretching makes game ugly. There are well-known technics for adapting games for modern resolutions. We want to test them on bw, find the best, and integrate in our launcher.

    The goal is not to make game look better, the goal is to make game look exactly the same in bigger resolutions as it looks in 640x480.










[image loading]

[image loading]

Short, old, bad quality video with Steve Jobs mentioning StarCraft during his keynote.

Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
November 18 2012 00:08 GMT
#2
A-m-a-z-i-n-g-!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 00:12:23
November 18 2012 00:10 GMT
#3
Amazing. I bet Sayle would hate it though! (The replay part)
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
jjwhg
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States155 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 00:17:37
November 18 2012 00:17 GMT
#4
This looks like it could be promising. It's good to see some BW-related development . I particularly like the hotkey manager: I use a Dvorak keyboard, and it's a huge pain to switch layouts to play BW.
♥ Bisu ♥
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 00:18:25
November 18 2012 00:18 GMT
#5
TL needs a like button
hell we're already blue and white
Moderatorsloppy little slug
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
November 18 2012 00:19 GMT
#6
O_O
This is really great, going to go try it out right now!
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
November 18 2012 00:20 GMT
#7
I want to try using this to cast. I don't know if it a positive or if it is too much, but it looks too good to not at least give it a shot.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
TehRei
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden261 Posts
November 18 2012 00:22 GMT
#8
This looks almost too good to be true O_O

I really need to get to sleep now, but I'll definitely play around with this first thing in the morning
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
November 18 2012 00:45 GMT
#9
This is fucking dope.
I'm trying it out right now.
I knew this would come.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
November 18 2012 00:47 GMT
#10
Wow, amazing

But I kinda dislike "Hotkey manager" thingy :/
#FPPS
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
November 18 2012 00:49 GMT
#11
OK, so I tried it and it works great. I mean, this has upped my replay viewing experience by like 500%. (and I finally know how many SCV's to build per base, lol)

The only thing that I have to say is that I had a bit of trouble with the windowed mode, so I disabled it. Basically what happened was that I was playing around with the buttons and somehow ended up making it taller than my monitor so I am now unable to see the top bar to change the windowing again. This might be an issue but I was never planning on using windowed mode so for me it doesn't matter too much, I'm just pointing it out for you to know.

Also, if you are thinking of features to put in, maybe an ability to hop to a certain part of a replay by clicking on the progress bar, I mean I just hate how you can't rewind it. I'm not sure it this is doable or not, it's just something I'm throwing out there.

But so far, all the features are great. I commend you, Mars_Quirinus, for your great work. Good luck with this project, I'll definitely be using this.
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 00:54:59
November 18 2012 00:51 GMT
#12
Sick sick this is awesome! Multiple unit selection and player hotkey selection would be awesome too (but I guess there already are plugins for that).

Here's a mirror in case something doesn't work for someone.

Edit:
Also, our names are almost identical, I guess we both had the same idea. Cheers!
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
November 18 2012 01:07 GMT
#13
On November 18 2012 09:49 shizaep wrote:
OK, so I tried it and it works great. I mean, this has upped my replay viewing experience by like 500%. (and I finally know how many SCV's to build per base, lol)

The only thing that I have to say is that I had a bit of trouble with the windowed mode, so I disabled it. Basically what happened was that I was playing around with the buttons and somehow ended up making it taller than my monitor so I am now unable to see the top bar to change the windowing again. This might be an issue but I was never planning on using windowed mode so for me it doesn't matter too much, I'm just pointing it out for you to know.

Also, if you are thinking of features to put in, maybe an ability to hop to a certain part of a replay by clicking on the progress bar, I mean I just hate how you can't rewind it. I'm not sure it this is doable or not, it's just something I'm throwing out there.

But so far, all the features are great. I commend you, Mars_Quirinus, for your great work. Good luck with this project, I'll definitely be using this.

Press Alt + F9 to toggle double sized window mode.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
November 18 2012 01:10 GMT
#14
i have some mixed feelings about this honestly
the courage to be a lazy bum
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 18 2012 01:16 GMT
#15
oh my fucking god. THis is amazing
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
makmeatt
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
2024 Posts
November 18 2012 01:17 GMT
#16
On November 18 2012 10:10 ZoW wrote:
i have some mixed feelings about this honestly


Not quite sure if those additional features are listed as a fluff or Mars is actually working on them, but either way, even though the game's fourteen years old, I also can't find myself too excited for them. The replay loader and its features are amazing though, so huge props to Mars!
"Silver Edge can't break my hope" - Kryptt 2016 || "Chrono is not a debuff, you just get rekt" - Guru 2016
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
November 18 2012 01:18 GMT
#17
Really cool as a replay tool, and auto matchmaking is cool. However, changing hotkeys just ain't BW. Neither is playing in a higher resolution. I guess if you make your own league, you can have your own rules where these things are ok. That wouldn't be too bad, although I'm sure people would have mixed opinions since no other tournament will have these rules, putting stress on other servers to either reject your users or incorporate your changes.

I would focus on automatchmaking as a priority. It sounds the most interesting.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
November 18 2012 01:24 GMT
#18
If automatchmaking somehow fixes people from being unable to host games then we could potentially see a huge increase in BW's population.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
November 18 2012 01:30 GMT
#19
Wow that replay interface... *_*...

downloading...
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 01:32:32
November 18 2012 01:30 GMT
#20

Our goals:

Create auto matchmaking plugin
User only needs to start launcher and hit search button. Everything else will be done automatically:
Launcher will search for enemy to match your skill level.
Launcher will test connection between you and your opponent to make sure the game won't lag(real connection test, not ping).
Launcher will solve problems with local ip-addresses and port-forwarding.
SC2TV implemented their server with autosearch engine a few years ago. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough time to support it. I'm happy to announce that now they are supporting our project. They consult us on different tech questions and will provide source code of their server (if we need it).


I'm excited. Please do this.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, you shouldn't let people change their hotkeys. Letting people do that is like letting people play fighting games with automatic combos. The fact that H and P are so far away is part of the game. If they weren't, microing two groups of mutalisks at the same time would be much easier than it is.

It will also force people to get used to new hotkeys, or play with a disadvantage, because you can change your hotkeys to a superior layout.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 482
UpATreeSC 85
Codebar 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35941
Calm 3837
Shuttle 1288
FanTaSy 959
actioN 281
EffOrt 273
firebathero 190
Rush 180
Hyuk 161
Dewaltoss 93
[ Show more ]
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 55
Barracks 53
Free 30
Hyun 29
Aegong 25
Bale 25
soO 22
HiyA 20
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7034
Dendi1123
XaKoH 332
Fuzer 1
League of Legends
KnowMe59
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1489
x6flipin658
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes665
Other Games
singsing2485
FrodaN1097
Beastyqt646
mouzStarbuck316
B2W.Neo286
Livibee216
byalli213
C9.Mang0108
RotterdaM102
Trikslyr69
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
Other Games
• Shiphtur802
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 13m
Replay Cast
5h 58m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.