• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:07
CEST 10:07
KST 17:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7569 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 28

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 61 Next
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
April 20 2012 22:50 GMT
#541
On April 21 2012 07:46 AKomrade wrote:
I'm rather unsurprised that Flash hit Masters like that. He is simply so good, he can "transcend" games in the same genre. Granted, Masters isn't the "pro level", but I personally think that given SKT's roster, what the coach said about having many players in Diamond is much more surprising.

VERY interesting to see that Violet is GM on NA and Masters on KR and that SKT's A team (what I'm guessing from the quotes) all have GM accounts already.


To be fair, Masters is not exactly as big a of an accomplishment as people make. When I play SC2 (I don't play it much, but I do), I do strategies like mass marines and mass air protoss and still maintain my rank pretty easily.

I'm far more impressed that Horanng (seriously? Horang of all people) is maintaining a 90% winrate in GM, that's just ridiculous.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
April 20 2012 22:52 GMT
#542
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.
EleGant[AoV]
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
April 20 2012 22:52 GMT
#543
On April 21 2012 00:52 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 00:44 1sz2sz3sz wrote:
some key points:

ace really isn't focusing on sc2 that much.
the best player with sc2 on KT so far is apparently action
the best player with SC2 on SKT1 so far is Fantasy who switched to zerg
the coaches agreed from the players they've seen play SC2 so far, that the best is Horang2 from CJ and said he has had 90% winrate in Korean Grandmaster before


Fantasy, Zerg??!!?

Nooooo

Oh well I guess I can get used to that.


Fantasy the counterpart to Idra? Both are now Zerg?
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
April 20 2012 22:53 GMT
#544
On April 21 2012 07:52 Goldfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 00:52 Dodgin wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:44 1sz2sz3sz wrote:
some key points:

ace really isn't focusing on sc2 that much.
the best player with sc2 on KT so far is apparently action
the best player with SC2 on SKT1 so far is Fantasy who switched to zerg
the coaches agreed from the players they've seen play SC2 so far, that the best is Horang2 from CJ and said he has had 90% winrate in Korean Grandmaster before


Fantasy, Zerg??!!?

Nooooo

Oh well I guess I can get used to that.


Fantasy the counterpart to Idra? Both are now Zerg?

How are their gg timings?
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
Darkong
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
April 20 2012 22:54 GMT
#545
On April 21 2012 07:53 e_i_pi_1_0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:52 Goldfish wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:52 Dodgin wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:44 1sz2sz3sz wrote:
some key points:

ace really isn't focusing on sc2 that much.
the best player with sc2 on KT so far is apparently action
the best player with SC2 on SKT1 so far is Fantasy who switched to zerg
the coaches agreed from the players they've seen play SC2 so far, that the best is Horang2 from CJ and said he has had 90% winrate in Korean Grandmaster before


Fantasy, Zerg??!!?

Nooooo

Oh well I guess I can get used to that.


Fantasy the counterpart to Idra? Both are now Zerg?

How are their gg timings?

Polar opposites of one another
Trolling the Battle.Net forums, the most fun you can have with your pants on.
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
April 20 2012 22:55 GMT
#546
I'm actually super excited for the new format.

I played some BW when I was little, then got into WC3 and WoW, and from that scene to SC2... ever since I got into SC2 though I've always had a ton of respect for the BW players, teams, and hardcore fans. I don't watch many BW games simply because it's not a game that I play and understand quite as well as SC2, but when I do it's quite interesting, and for some players even an honor to watch them play.

This new format is a great oppertunity be able to watch BW legends play a classic game as well as bring new and exciting strategies to a more modern game that I personally also play. I hope they keep this format for a long time! I'm sorry for the hardcore BW fans that there will be less BW games, but hopefully they can still enjoy the games that will be played, and possibly come to enjoy some of the SC2 as well.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
April 20 2012 22:55 GMT
#547
Could be the winrates and rank are all made up by their coaches. I can totally imagine people having GM ranks or good win/loss % but i wouldn't be suprised if they was trolololing around with eachanother
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
empty.bottle
Profile Joined July 2009
685 Posts
April 20 2012 22:55 GMT
#548
On April 21 2012 07:53 e_i_pi_1_0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:52 Goldfish wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:52 Dodgin wrote:
On April 21 2012 00:44 1sz2sz3sz wrote:
some key points:

ace really isn't focusing on sc2 that much.
the best player with sc2 on KT so far is apparently action
the best player with SC2 on SKT1 so far is Fantasy who switched to zerg
the coaches agreed from the players they've seen play SC2 so far, that the best is Horang2 from CJ and said he has had 90% winrate in Korean Grandmaster before


Fantasy, Zerg??!!?

Nooooo

Oh well I guess I can get used to that.


Fantasy the counterpart to Idra? Both are now Zerg?

How are their gg timings?


I've heard that whenever he loses, he ask the other player to apologize for playing that game.
TrainSamurai
Profile Joined November 2010
339 Posts
April 20 2012 22:58 GMT
#549
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.


fOrGG and Hyun are nowhere near the TBLS.

Anyway they're playing thier own seperate league. They have the best mechanics +way of thinking within BW. I highly doubt they would have that much difficulty adapting to sc2. The problem is being able to deliver the same results.When I was playing I felt like sc2 had a ridiculous variance that allows a crapper player to win (a better player wins on average but the winrate won't be as high compared to BW), if the TBLS can show that isn't the case then I'll be happy to look into it more, if they fail then yea.... Of course this is assuming the games are entertaining.
LoL is the greatest thing to happen to ESPORS. LoL is the KING of ESPORTS
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 20 2012 23:01 GMT
#550
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.
TrainSamurai
Profile Joined November 2010
339 Posts
April 20 2012 23:05 GMT
#551
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.
LoL is the greatest thing to happen to ESPORS. LoL is the KING of ESPORTS
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 23:08:47
April 20 2012 23:06 GMT
#552
On April 21 2012 08:05 TrainSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.


I watch BW and SC2, take my word for it. Flash is in a separate league for sure, but Jaedong, Stork, and Bisu lose to players who were on fOrGG/Hyun's level every month.
TrainSamurai
Profile Joined November 2010
339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 23:10:46
April 20 2012 23:07 GMT
#553
On April 21 2012 08:06 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 08:05 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.


I watch BW and SC2, take my word for it.


On April 21 2012 08:05 TrainSamurai wrote:
Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.


Flash won't be playing MVP.
LoL is the greatest thing to happen to ESPORS. LoL is the KING of ESPORTS
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
April 20 2012 23:08 GMT
#554
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


ForGG beat Flash in 2008 so it has absolutely no relevance to the current abilities of both ForGG and Flash. Starting late doesn't mean shit in SC2. Look at Lucifron: just came out of retirement to win a major LAN event. Look at Cruncher: loses 1-2 to Idra after being in retirement. That Flash guy? Became a pro in 2007 and almost instantly became the best terran in the world.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 23:14:23
April 20 2012 23:10 GMT
#555
On April 21 2012 08:08 setzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


ForGG beat Flash in 2008 so it has absolutely no relevance to the current abilities of both ForGG and Flash. Starting late doesn't mean shit in SC2. Look at Lucifron: just came out of retirement to win a major LAN event. Look at Cruncher: loses 1-2 to Idra after being in retirement. That Flash guy? Became a pro in 2007 and almost instantly became the best terran in the world.


Don't pretend that coming back from retirement is even similar to starting late, please.

e: I see what's going on. Ignore my previous posts, my sentiment now is that proleague SC2 will be behind GOM SC2 in skill until HotS.
TrainSamurai
Profile Joined November 2010
339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 23:25:25
April 20 2012 23:23 GMT
#556
On April 21 2012 08:06 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 08:05 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.


I watch BW and SC2, take my word for it. Flash is in a separate league for sure, but Jaedong, Stork, and Bisu lose to players who were on fOrGG/Hyun's level every month.


Last yr Flash got knocked out of OSL and MSL losing to players like classic, Hyuk, Ssak. Bisu failed the individual leagues but he was monstrous in proleague. Jaedong lost a lot of ZvZ, he has really bad luck when it comes to BO, ZvZ were what stopped him from getting more golds. Stork did have a run for dual individual and he was looking pretty invincible until Zero beat him, in his game vs HiYa I think he only lost like 1 dragoon?

This year Flash lost 3 times in PO and etc etc etc. Every TBLS is in a different league compared to normal BW pros.
LoL is the greatest thing to happen to ESPORS. LoL is the KING of ESPORTS
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 20 2012 23:28 GMT
#557
10) Coaches are sad that SC1 only grew in Korea. They really wanted it to grow like how SC2 is with MLG. However, they believe that a foreign community (i.e. mentioning Team Liquid) still exists for BW and they were hoping that this community will always exist. They see that while the eSports community has grown with SC2, in actuality, they feel like the Korean eSports Community has simply grown smaller due to this growth.

11) The coaches REALLY WANTED to approach the foreign scene apparently. Like no other. But because of the strong idea that 'BW is ours and proleague is ours', the coaches couldn't approach the foreign scene. They see that the foreign community is there with the comments, team liquid, and youtube videos, but they just couldn't do anything about it. (tone of regret does exist here) They were happy that the previosu finals was done globally, but still sad that it's so late.

This is amongst the most depressing of the interview. It's such a shame that they never did see us as an important audience until it was much too late.

My biggest fear with the whole switch to SC2 because it's strong internationally is the whole top down approach. They're basically trying to create a market rather than a league forming out of a massive fan base. It totally makes sense for MLG and IPL to pick up SC2 because of the massive enthusiasm in North America/ Europe etc. And whatever you think of MOBA's, it makes sense to create big LoL tournies because of the massive fan/ userbase.

But in Korea, there already is GOM, but SC2 never spread like wildfire. And yet KESPA is now going to try to rope the Koreans in. But what if it all fails and we sacrificed a fading but successful BW league for a SC2 league flop because of no domestic support? Can the international community actually that massive so as to support a second Korean league across the waters? It reminds of Gary Bettman's approach to expanding hockey teams to south US where they don't even get natural ice in order to play hockey. Sure ice hockey is popular elsewhere (northern US and Canada), but can a league create a fan base where there was very little domestically? There's a reason northern hemisphere countries dominate the Winter Olympics and particularly ice hockey.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
April 20 2012 23:29 GMT
#558
On April 21 2012 08:06 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 08:05 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 08:01 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:52 ImbaTosS wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:46 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:34 TrainSamurai wrote:
On April 21 2012 07:32 Cassel_Castle wrote:
I watch more SC2 than BW, but I really feel that BW pros shouldn't switch until at least HotS, maybe even LotV. There are too many issues with WoL for it to be the premier competitive RTS.

Last match being MC vs Thorzain game.


From TSL3? That would be an average/mediocre game by 2012 standards.


Yea. You have no idea how much I disliked I had for sc2+ its fans after watching that game xD (Time watching sc2 is time not watching BW). I'll give it one more chance when TBLS plays.


I wouldn't count on TBLS having any results in WoL since they've started so late (look at fOrGG and Hyun) but with HotS everyone will have to learn new strategies and the best players should rise to the top.

Would people stop talking about fOrGG and Hyun as if they were anywhere NEAR as good as TBLS, before they went on to SC2. Please. Stop it.


MVP is one of the best SC2 players ever and he, like Hyun, only took a game off Flash. fOrGG won an entire Bo5 against Flash. But MVP had a lot more success than Hyun/fOrGG because he started a year earlier. SC2 experience matters, if you don't believe that and you think it will take less than a year for TBLS to win a GSL you don't follow SC2 and the pros that have switched.


Dude they're playing in seperate leagues. Those guys are nowhere near TBLS, just take our word for it.


I watch BW and SC2, take my word for it. Flash is in a separate league for sure, but Jaedong, Stork, and Bisu lose to players who were on fOrGG/Hyun's level every month.




You realize that starcraft is a game where a 60% winrate means you are a very solid player, right? You obviously don't watch enough of it.
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
FlyingDike
Profile Joined December 2011
United States221 Posts
April 20 2012 23:32 GMT
#559
What's TBLS?
gn0m
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden302 Posts
April 20 2012 23:34 GMT
#560
On April 21 2012 08:32 FlyingDike wrote:
What's TBLS?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/TaekBangLeeSsang
It is Bisu, Stork, Flash and Jaedong
-_-
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss568
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King469
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister826
JimRising 484
Happy361
KnowMe32
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt431
Other Games
• Shiphtur458
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 53m
Patches Events
7h 53m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.