• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:01
CEST 17:01
KST 00:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8035 users

[G] Streaming BW on JustinTV - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
July 08 2012 03:35 GMT
#261
On July 08 2012 09:32 nucLeaRTV wrote:
Is BW the only game you can stream full screen using UScreen? It doesn't seem to work with CS 1.6 for example >__>

What is the problem that you are having? I've tried it with a few other games and it seems to work fine. If you've paid for Xsplit, you can also add CS as a game source which should allow it to stream in fullscreen.
t.t
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 22 2012 11:46 GMT
#262
Ok, so here's problem of me.

Software: Flash Media Encoder 2.5 + UScreenCapture
CPU: Athlon 2.8+ (2.1GHz), 1GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X (64MB)
OS: Windows XP SP3
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nalmesser (never used before)
Upload speed: 1,2 Mbps (http://speedtest.net/result/2133489228.png)
Problem: Stream doesn't work at all :D
And seriously, i did everything correctly. I chose FME over XSplit because of bad computer, even chose older 2.5 version. I downloaded Uscreencapture from links in OP, however my uscreencapture folder is a little bit different: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I can't make screenshot of my FME settings, same as I can't use copy/paste in FME - i don't know why. I had to write fms url and stream key manually. Also in my registry, I didn't have VirtualStore folder but created it and did all steps correctly.
Settings are:
VIDEO: format: VP6; Bit rate: 500kbps; Size: 640x480; 15fps
AUDIO: format: MP3; Stereo; Sample rate: 44100 Hz; Bit rate: 128kbps
OUTPUT: fms url: rmtp://live.justin.tv/app

I can connect my stream to twitch server, I appear online but nothing happens on stream. Screen is black and there's no sound. I have DirectX 9.0c as it was requirement for FME 2.5, turned firewall off. I had higher bit rate but lowered it. I don't thnink it's problem with connection because stream would lag or drop frames. It just doesn't send stream at all.
thx bye
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-22 12:11:47
August 22 2012 12:06 GMT
#263
On August 22 2012 20:46 )Messer( wrote:
Ok, so here's problem of me.

Software: Flash Media Encoder 2.5 + UScreenCapture
CPU: Athlon 2.8+ (2.1GHz), 1GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X (64MB)
OS: Windows XP SP3
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nalmesser (never used before)
Upload speed: 1,2 Mbps (http://speedtest.net/result/2133489228.png)
Problem: Stream doesn't work at all :D
And seriously, i did everything correctly. I chose FME over XSplit because of bad computer, even chose older 2.5 version. I downloaded Uscreencapture from links in OP, however my uscreencapture folder is a little bit different: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I can't make screenshot of my FME settings, same as I can't use copy/paste in FME - i don't know why. I had to write fms url and stream key manually. Also in my registry, I didn't have VirtualStore folder but created it and did all steps correctly.
Settings are:
VIDEO: format: VP6; Bit rate: 500kbps; Size: 640x480; 15fps
AUDIO: format: MP3; Stereo; Sample rate: 44100 Hz; Bit rate: 128kbps
OUTPUT: fms url: rmtp://live.justin.tv/app

I can connect my stream to twitch server, I appear online but nothing happens on stream. Screen is black and there's no sound. I have DirectX 9.0c as it was requirement for FME 2.5, turned firewall off. I had higher bit rate but lowered it. I don't thnink it's problem with connection because stream would lag or drop frames. It just doesn't send stream at all.



install camtasia 4 or 5
dont forget to configure VP6 codec, setting to fastest speed (i guess its too waek comp for better options)
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 22 2012 23:54 GMT
#264
Why camtasia and not Uscreencapture? Usc seems much easier to use, i don't need to configure anything.
How to configure VP6 codec? Just change video settings in FME? There are available presets in FME but i set everything as posted above.
thx bye
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
August 23 2012 00:26 GMT
#265
yeah its the best thread atm when u want to learn how to stream
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 11:11:57
August 23 2012 01:55 GMT
#266
Now I discovered accidentaly that stream works only in 1024x768 input size. But i can't stream whole screen while sc is taking only quarter of it. Also colours are bad, everthing is black or white (text in game).


Story is continued today morning...
So UscreenCapture works only for full screen resolution and stream works properly when I set my screen resolution to 640x480. Then video is displayed properly and stream shows everything in game. Almost everything because colours still are bad. In game everything is black, only text is white. And anything doesn't lag until I launch sc. Bw lag my comp itself, of course only during stream. I expect that colours bug can be fixed easily but what about sc eating CPU?
thx bye
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 24 2012 11:14 GMT
#267
Any advices?
thx bye
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 11:20:27
August 24 2012 11:19 GMT
#268
set bw high priority
use low resolution to stream on fmle-
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 24 2012 19:24 GMT
#269
On August 24 2012 20:19 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
set bw high priority

In task manager, processes tab, right? I will try this.But does it matter if i don't have 2 or more cores?
thx bye
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
August 24 2012 19:34 GMT
#270
On August 25 2012 04:24 )Messer( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 20:19 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
set bw high priority

In task manager, processes tab, right? I will try this.But does it matter if i don't have 2 or more cores?

u test and tell me if work or not ^^. take sure ur programs dont bug
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 25 2012 23:41 GMT
#271
wow, helped a lot I didn't test yesterday because i lost hope but today there's almost no lag, at least it's not constant. Sometimes mouse freeze and it is annoying during battles but i hope it won't be frequent problem.
Now only colours problem. Most search results says about win7 but i have XP. Also there are advices how to fix it when using Camtasia but I'm using uScreenCapture. I disabled 'Color cycling' in sc menu/video but it didnt help; restart of stream during game didn't help. Reason might be graphic card? I have old Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X (64MB) with newest drivers. I suppose this too because I can't make screenshot in battle net, it's whole black. But in game printscreen works properly.
thx bye
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
August 26 2012 00:14 GMT
#272
On August 23 2012 08:54 )Messer( wrote:
Why camtasia and not Uscreencapture? Usc seems much easier to use, i don't need to configure anything.
How to configure VP6 codec? Just change video settings in FME? There are available presets in FME but i set everything as posted above.


cause i use camtasia, cant help you with uscreen
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 26 2012 01:00 GMT
#273
Did you try windowed mode for SCBW? I haven't been able to get UscreenCapture to work with fullscreen SCBW so I just use windowed mode.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 26 2012 01:32 GMT
#274
UscreenCapture works properly with fullscreen if I change screen resolution to 640x480; and it's ok. You suggest that w-mode may help with colour bug?
thx bye
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 26 2012 01:54 GMT
#275
Well, the colour bugs I had with fullscreen BW and UScreenCapture was that most of the stream was black with some white showing through, which sounds like what you said.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Rlentless
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong322 Posts
August 26 2012 02:03 GMT
#276
To fix colors Camstasia users have to stop and then start recording to correct colors. I'm not sure about UscreenCapture can do this too. Also on page 9 there is a guide for UscreenCapture and xxsplit.
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
August 26 2012 10:34 GMT
#277
uscreencapture seems only bunch of .dll or other strange files but not .exe so i never launch it. Restart of stream in FME doesn't help.
Stream in window mode helps in quality of video and everything looks almost perfect but like i expected, it lags game even more. High priority for sc doesn't help. Mouse cursor works for 5 seconds then 3 seconds freeze and so on.
thx bye
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 11:51:13
August 26 2012 11:48 GMT
#278
On August 26 2012 10:32 )Messer( wrote:
UscreenCapture works properly with fullscreen if I change screen resolution to 640x480; and it's ok. You suggest that w-mode may help with colour bug?


W-mode usually does not have the colour bug. You can try setting your (desktop) resolution to 640 x 480 and moving the starcraft window so that it takes up the whole screen.

If using W-mode and not fullscreen, try using SCFH:
http://koitsu.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/how-to-install-and-use-scfh-dsf/

Set the input as 640x480, see if this works.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
August 26 2012 12:09 GMT
#279
window mode require high cpu use
)Messer(
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 14:26:39
August 26 2012 13:02 GMT
#280
Even I start FME from command line, which should be less cpu intensive as Fold adviced, sc in window mode still lags. I must stay in full screen mode even w-mode is solution for bad colours. Also i tried to play vs comp in w-mode and stream had almost 300 frame drops during 8 minutes long stream.

It's a shame how many little stupid mistakes I did during setting stream up. But now everything should be fixed and stream seems running properly. I will start streaming tomorrow.
thx bye
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1360
ComeBackTV 572
SteadfastSC454
TaKeTV 395
LamboSC2296
IndyStarCraft 141
Rex140
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 454
LamboSC2 296
IndyStarCraft 141
Rex 140
ProTech140
BRAT_OK 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42510
Shuttle 2460
EffOrt 856
Horang2 803
Light 765
Mini 695
Soma 408
Stork 337
BeSt 334
firebathero 324
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 281
Rush 240
Snow 223
ggaemo 218
ZerO 162
Leta 148
hero 72
Pusan 69
Sharp 54
Sea.KH 53
Killer 48
sorry 45
Mind 37
Shinee 36
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 31
Shine 27
Yoon 26
Sexy 24
Bale 22
soO 21
Trap 21
Terrorterran 20
Free 14
Sacsri 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9512
Dendi837
qojqva748
Fuzer 215
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
fl0m331
markeloff199
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1961
crisheroes1264
XaKoH 186
Other Games
singsing1958
B2W.Neo1002
Liquid`VortiX208
Hui .195
ArmadaUGS163
QueenE100
Mew2King89
Trikslyr28
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 18
• mYiSmile117
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2141
League of Legends
• Nemesis2685
• Jankos2353
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV195
• Shiphtur77
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 59m
Stellar Fest
21h 59m
OSC
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 18h
Online Event
1d 19h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.