• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:34
CEST 16:34
KST 23:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8172 users

[Interview] OSL Ro36 Day 6 Interviews

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 09:10:56
November 19 2010 13:18 GMT
#1
Hiya

[image loading]

MAGIKARPPPP

- Thoughts on making it into the OSL for the 2nd consecutive time?
▲ I've been doing poorly in the Proleague lately, and I wanted to break out of my slump today. Thankfully I was able to put up good results today, and I'm quite pleased.

- Your strategy in the first set 1 was good. Did you practice it a lot?
▲Recently, I've had a tendency to lose if I play too standard, so I put a lot of thought into early game planning, and it paid off. Two starports works really well.

- Your 2nd set was quite strategic.
▲Originally I just wanted to go for a double [T/N "雙開" ? Double expo?], but after thinking about it I decided to go for a 4-rax hanbang. As long as we're not in cross positions, I'm pretty confident. I somehow felt that there would be a hidden expo, but to me that was Soulkey's last resort - he put a lot into that, and I took advantage of it.

- You're slumping in the Proleague
▲I'm still trying to figure out why. For a while I was feeling pretty down and it seems to have carried on for a while. Right now I really want to get back into it so I've been continuously practicing.

- Yesterday Hwaseung went to film a commercial
▲My singing is slightly less than ideal so I didn't end up going, haha. Honestly though, it was largely because of today's matches. It's a pity I couldn't go, though. If there's another opportunity I definitely want to go.

- You regained some of your momentum today?
▲Today's matches were really strange; I didn't feel nervous at all. When players are in slumps they always get nervous, but I got my confidence back today. I'll work off of that and do even better. In the 2nd round, I'll help my team rise in the rankings.

-Final remarks?
▲I keep doing poorly and losing, and I feel bad for my fans, and I'm worried about what my coaches and parents might think. In the 2nd round, I'll do even better than I did last season. Thanks to the Zergs who practiced with me - SKT's soO in particular.

Source: Wfbrood

Paralyze

[image loading]

AFROTOSS I BELIEVEEEEEEE

- Thoughts on qualifying for the OSL Ro16 for the first time?
▲I'm really pumped up. I'm in totally new ground right now. I was definitely a lot more nervous than I was in the first ground - in fact, I still feel it now. In the 1st match against Great, I was so nervous that I had no idea what to do, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's a lot better.。

- You got an advantage early on in both games
▲These were recommended openings from the hyungs. In the first game I planned to use DTs to fight, but they got blocked. Thankfully I was pretty lucky and made a recovery. My opponent emphasized defense, and I felt I still probably had a chance and kept on fighting. In the 2nd game, Leta's opening felt like a wave - hard to stop, but as long as I held on, I would win. Before I broke the contain, I was ridiculously nervous.

- You have lots of nicknames right now, which is you favorite?
▲There certainly are a lot of them; Luffa-toss, Afro-toss, Broccoli-toss [T/N I'm pretty sure these are really loose translations, given that I'm doing KR -> CN -> EN], etc. they're all fan created, so I don't really have much of a preference, it's all good.

- Apparently you considered straightening your hair before?
▲When I was a kid, it was pretty bad. I'd go and get my hair cut really short - it was a real pain in middle school, in particular. Right now though, my hairstyle's become my trademark, haha. Although lots of people have wanted me to go straighten it, I kind of like it the way it is now ^_^

- SKT already has two strong Protoss
▲They've both been helping me ever since Wednesday. They've always been great to me. Sun helped me a lot for today's match as well. Though I've never started in the Proleague, I don't mind as long as our four Protoss do well overall.

- Who do you want to face in the OSL Ro16?
▲It doesn't matter who advances. I was a fan of Bisu-hyung when he was in MBC, and now that we're on the same team, I don't want to face him. I don't like team-kills. Other than that, I don't have any thoughts on Ro16 opponents yet.

- You're going to participate in the Group Selection, what do you plan to do?
▲I'm pretty low-key right now, though all of a sudden everyone's paying attention to me. It's going to be very nerve-wracking - I think playing well is more important than showing off during the Group Selections.

- Final remarks?
▲Right now we're on break from Proleague, but after the match against Hwaseung, S2-hyung kept on helping me practice. Yesterday Ssak-hyung also helped me out a lot. My team has taken very good care of me, and I want to thank everyone. Also, I wish S2-hyung and soO-hyung the best for their MST matches tomorrow.

Hyuk

Source: PLU

Hyuk! (interview courtesy of Infinitestory!)

[image loading]

Q: Thoughts on entering the OSL Ro16?
A: I really wanted to make the Ro16 roday, so this time I practiced a ridiculous amount. That allowed me to succeed, which was pretty miraculous.

Q: Why did you want to make Ro16 so badly?
A: I've been playing pretty horribly recently, and in SPL I'm not doing well. I'm getting older and I'm the team captain, but I need to be a better gamer as well. Slumping made me very dejected, so I wanted to start performing better.

Q: Your facial expression was bad after your loss in the first game.
A: I didn't originally prepare for that type of opening. I played impromptu, so I was constantly berating myself, asking "Why did you play this way?" But then I thought, in the upcoming games I would definitely use the strategies I had the best grasp of. So I pulled myself together that way.

Q: You played excellently in the 2nd and 3rd games.
A: The 2nd game was good overall. In the 3rd game, my zergling runby did less damage than I anticipated, but what mattered is that I held the advantage throughout the game.

Q: In game 3, your mutalisks were not very effective.
A: I only had 5 mutalisks left, but I a-moved them to snipe off a high templar. I felt that it bought me time, so it wasn't a big deal.

Q: Recently, your team has been working hard at the individual leagues.
A: Yep. It's provided us a lot of benefit. Every player has his designated time to play, so everyone is doing well in the individual leagues. It's helped us find confidence, so our SPL performance is getting boosted too.

Q: Last season, you left behind a lot of regrets in the OSL.
A: I put too much energy into random things, so I was unable to concentrate on the games. I felt really apologetic to the coaches, and I hoped to begin anew next time. I feel like there's nothing that tops the importance of focusing on my matches now, but that still hasn't solved the issue in front of me.

Q: This season's goal?
A: I don't really have a goal to speak of. I'm redoubling my efforts in practice, so I'm confident I'll see results.

Q: Anything else?
A: Sun, Best, and Bisu have been helping me practice for a long time. They helped me analyze the enemy's style, so I want to thank them for that. It seems that people have been worried about me, but now I've advanced, so I'm now very happy and there's no need to worry. Despite being captain I haven't been getting good results, so I felt ashamed. It's good that I advanced today, and from now on I'll show everyone a new Captain Hyuk.

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_58457.html
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 13:24:38
November 19 2010 13:23 GMT
#2
Eagerly awaiting Afrotoss's interview.

Thanks for the translation and all the best to you (T)Magikarp.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 19 2010 13:25 GMT
#3
Thanks for the really fast translation.

Hiya's confidence coming back? It would be nice to see Oz doing something other than scraping the bottom of the barrel again.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
November 19 2010 13:26 GMT
#4
That was quick, thanks for the interview, looking forward to the others
Ooh Hiya's been practicing with soO
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
November 19 2010 13:35 GMT
#5
Afrotoss' interview posted! It's great to see that SKT is treating him well. It would be so pimp if SKT could field all 4-Ps in one match, haha.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 13:57:35
November 19 2010 13:38 GMT
#6
CUCUMBERTOSS/LUFFATOSS FIGHTING!!!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
but please hyuk yourself when you are playing against KT players in MSL/OSL/PL
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 13:44:11
November 19 2010 13:42 GMT
#7
LOL cucumbertoss hahahahaha
Glad to hear SKT is taking care of him and everyone is helping him out.
▲These were recommended openings from the hyungs. In the first game I planned to use DTs to fight, but they got blocked. Thankfully I was pretty lucky and made a recovery. My opponent emphasized defense, and I felt I still probably had a chance and kept on fighting. In the 2nd game, Leta's opening felt like a wave - hard to stop, but as long as I held on, I would win. Before I broke the contain, I was ridiculously nervous.

He didn't seem nervous, his play was cool as ice. Really impressed me that game.

I really like Afrotoss, I hope he does really well.

and please no team kills, I hate team kills...

+ Show Spoiler +
I can't believe his hair is all natural
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
November 19 2010 13:43 GMT
#8
On November 19 2010 22:38 BLinD-RawR wrote:
CUCUMBERTOSS FIGHTING!!!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
but please hyuk yourself when you are playing against KT players in MSL/OSL/PL


After checking again it seems more like "Luffa-toss" than Cucumber, which makes sense given his hairstyle. My bad :p
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
November 19 2010 13:58 GMT
#9
They f'd up my LB, but I don't care. This is fking hilarious
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
November 19 2010 13:59 GMT
#10
Straighten your hair?? Afrotoss you CAN'T! You'll lose your strength!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
November 19 2010 14:26 GMT
#11
On November 19 2010 22:59 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Straighten your hair?? Afrotoss you CAN'T! You'll lose your strength!

He won't, probably read/watched One Piece. No wonder he made the right decision.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 19 2010 14:27 GMT
#12
Paralize is sooo likeable - great personality, awesome looks, bisuesque playing style. I'm a fan !
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 19 2010 14:56 GMT
#13
On November 19 2010 22:18 Funnytoss wrote:
- You got an advantage early on in both games
▲These were recommended openings from the hyungs. In the first game I planned to use DTs to fight, but they got blocked. Thankfully I was pretty lucky and made a recovery. My opponent emphasized defense, and I felt I still probably had a chance and kept on fighting. In the 2nd game, Leta's opening felt like a wave - hard to stop, but as long as I held on, I would win. Before I broke the contain, I was ridiculously nervous.

What perspective - and strength.

On November 19 2010 22:18 Funnytoss wrote:
- SKT already has two strong Protoss
▲They've both been helping me ever since Wednesday. They've always been great to me. Sun helped me a lot for today's match as well. Though I've never started in the Proleague, I don't mind as long as our four Protoss do well overall.

Aw, the SKT Tosses are one happy family. We know from past interviews that the SKT Zergs are also one happy family. Then there's Oov/Fantasy/Canata/Ssak. Probably depressed.

On November 19 2010 22:18 Funnytoss wrote:
- You're going to participate in the Group Selection, what do you plan to do?
▲I'm pretty low-key right now, though all of a sudden everyone's paying attention to me. It's going to be very nerve-wracking - I think playing well is more important than showing off during the Group Selections.

This guy knows what's up. All those show-offs at the group selections who proceed to fail spectacularly.

Thanks for the translations.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
November 19 2010 15:07 GMT
#14
Thanks for the fast translations!

Broccoli-toss i real cool.
화이팅
windofsword
Profile Joined October 2009
Hong Kong92 Posts
November 19 2010 15:16 GMT
#15
雙開=14cc
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 21:14:57
November 19 2010 15:23 GMT
#16
Calling it: afrotoss OSL champion.
afrotoss
Profile Joined November 2010
1 Post
November 19 2010 15:27 GMT
#17
Afrotoss new protoss bonjwa
afropower
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 19 2010 15:30 GMT
#18
I've voted against afrotoss every time in LB but this guy is awesome!
also glad hiya made it to yet another group selection, hopefully he plans something good
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
November 19 2010 15:34 GMT
#19
Afro gives power.

It is scientifically proven in One Piece. xD
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
November 19 2010 15:37 GMT
#20
The Luffa-toss nickname in original Korean is "Scrubber-toss". (The thing you scrub your sink with? idk the precise word in English, sorry. 수세미토스?) Afro-toss and Broccoli-toss is the same.
웅진 멘쓰즈
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33413
Bisu 2990
Shuttle 1721
Hyuk 1321
EffOrt 695
Mini 683
Larva 347
Soma 286
ZerO 257
firebathero 241
[ Show more ]
hero 92
Zeus 91
Last 85
Sexy 80
Mong 42
Hyun 42
Killer 39
Pusan 35
Trap 34
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Hm[arnc] 31
Aegong 27
PianO 27
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 14
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7346
qojqva1425
Dendi959
Counter-Strike
fl0m2053
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes901
Liquid`Hasu551
Lowko401
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1314
Beastyqt369
Livibee204
Hui .195
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King88
KnowMe86
elazer58
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7341
• WagamamaTV197
League of Legends
• Jankos1884
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 26m
INu's Battles
21h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.