• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:12
CEST 21:12
KST 04:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8016 users

[Interview] OSL Ro36 Day 6 Interviews - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 19 2010 21:11 GMT
#41
I dunno how to liquibet, but if I did I'd be 0:3 T_T
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 19 2010 21:18 GMT
#42
Hiya looking good with the dyed hair! And goooo afrotosss!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 21:25:24
November 19 2010 21:20 GMT
#43
On November 20 2010 05:49 moopie wrote:
I guess I'm the only one on TL that dislikes this guy so far, but I'll go with no.


What exactly can you dislike about him? (Except his looks maybe, pretty subjective stuff.)

The guy:
- has been providing very high-level/bisuesque/entertaining games,
- isn't afraid to show emotions and happiness after winning,
- already gives pretty damn good interviews,
- seems to be getting a lot of attention from fans (and deservedly so), meaning he has the potential to be a real asset to BW popularity in the next few months if he manages to get far enough in the indiv leagues.

Saying this guy will become as strong/consistent as any of the current "dragons" is extremely premature, but I don't really see anything objectively dislikable about him.
Administrator
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 19 2010 21:25 GMT
#44
Afrotoss is the new stuff.
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 19 2010 21:34 GMT
#45
if it was afro-zerg i'd like it
but I'm fucking tired of protosses and terrans. They've pretty much discovered everything in their play. Zerg revolution needed. Especially with someone (I remember even players) saying that in "ideal game" zerg would be favored. So finally prove that if you said....
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
November 19 2010 21:44 GMT
#46
On November 20 2010 06:20 PoP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2010 05:49 moopie wrote:
I guess I'm the only one on TL that dislikes this guy so far, but I'll go with no.


What exactly can you dislike about him? (Except his looks maybe, pretty subjective stuff.)

The guy:
- has been providing very high-level/bisuesque/entertaining games,
- isn't afraid to show emotions and happiness after winning,
- already gives pretty damn good interviews,
- seems to be getting a lot of attention from fans (and deservedly so), meaning he has the potential to be a real asset to BW popularity in the next few months if he manages to get far enough in the indiv leagues.

Saying this guy will become as strong/consistent as any of the current "dragons" is extremely premature, but I don't really see anything objectively dislikable about him.

His looks are a subjective thing, though he does look like Franklin from AD. Knocking Leta out with DTs rubs me the wrong way though, I like Leta (yes I know he's not always consistent and all that) and he was one of the players I wanted to see make it deep this OSL.

On top of this, having everyone fall all over themselves to praise this guy after 4 games in the OSL is a bit of overkill, reminds me a lot of how everyone was thinking Snow as the second coming last year. Snow was good, but having every poster in every LR/interview thread say how he was awesome and the next bonjwa and all that got annoying.

To each his own.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
November 19 2010 21:49 GMT
#47
On November 20 2010 06:34 _Quasar_ wrote:
if it was afro-zerg i'd like it
but I'm fucking tired of protosses and terrans. They've pretty much discovered everything in their play. Zerg revolution needed. Especially with someone (I remember even players) saying that in "ideal game" zerg would be favored. So finally prove that if you said....



WTF, Protoss NEEDS more players than Zerg players! Zerg players have more accomplishment than Protoss player, at least Zerg had a Bonjwa. P.S. I am a Zerg player myself
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
November 19 2010 21:52 GMT
#48
On November 20 2010 06:11 _Quasar_ wrote:
I dunno how to liquibet, but if I did I'd be 0:3 T_T


You click the part at the top left that says open liquibets.

Now you can be 0:3 like me!
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
November 19 2010 21:55 GMT
#49
On November 20 2010 06:44 moopie wrote:
His looks are a subjective thing, though he does look like Franklin from AD. Knocking Leta out with DTs rubs me the wrong way though, I like Leta (yes I know he's not always consistent and all that) and he was one of the players I wanted to see make it deep this OSL.


DTs didn't really win him game 1 tbh, the game was pretty even/standard after that considering he cut a lot of probes as well. I even think the supply count was even at some point after Leta took his nat, which is usually very good news for Terran.

On top of this, having everyone fall all over themselves to praise this guy after 4 games in the OSL is a bit of overkill, reminds me a lot of how everyone was thinking Snow as the second coming last year. Snow was good, but having every poster in every LR/interview thread say how he was awesome and the next bonjwa and all that got annoying.


Fair enough, though the reason so many people dislike someone or something because of people supporting him/her/it has always been kind of a mystery to me. Guy's objectively overhyped at the moment, but I doubt he can do anything about it (besides changing his looks or behavior maybe, which would be a shame).
Administrator
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
November 19 2010 22:12 GMT
#50
On November 20 2010 00:34 dukethegold wrote:
Afro gives power.

It is scientifically proven in One Piece. xD


One Piece!

I cant believe his hair is natural....
Jaedong :3
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 19 2010 22:54 GMT
#51
On November 20 2010 06:49 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2010 06:34 _Quasar_ wrote:
if it was afro-zerg i'd like it
but I'm fucking tired of protosses and terrans. They've pretty much discovered everything in their play. Zerg revolution needed. Especially with someone (I remember even players) saying that in "ideal game" zerg would be favored. So finally prove that if you said....



WTF, Protoss NEEDS more players than Zerg players! Zerg players have more accomplishment than Protoss player, at least Zerg had a Bonjwa. P.S. I am a Zerg player myself

But protoss have always been taking titles from bonjwas (like Garimto, Nal-ra, Anytime, Bisu at last). And don't forget that Protoss was a reason that this Zerg bonjwa was not a bonjwa anymore X_x

My point is that if in SC there is a balance, the Zerg must become stronger overall, if overall apm/micro increases (because low-skill favors protoss and middle skill favors terrans). I mean, if Zerg is a such hard race to play (requires some inhuman calculations to deal with economy enough precisely, while P and T all have a simple exponential growth of economy...), there must be some reward for it. Or zerg becomes a little underpowered. =__=

And I mean that both JD and Flash brough SC to the point when randomness and chance almost disappear from it and are replaced with precise counting of variants, possibilities and responses...

So Zerg must search for the builds that haven't got serious "holes" in them. And current builds... yes, they seem to have holes. -___-
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
November 19 2010 23:04 GMT
#52
On November 20 2010 07:54 _Quasar_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2010 06:49 Xiphos wrote:
On November 20 2010 06:34 _Quasar_ wrote:
if it was afro-zerg i'd like it
but I'm fucking tired of protosses and terrans. They've pretty much discovered everything in their play. Zerg revolution needed. Especially with someone (I remember even players) saying that in "ideal game" zerg would be favored. So finally prove that if you said....



WTF, Protoss NEEDS more players than Zerg players! Zerg players have more accomplishment than Protoss player, at least Zerg had a Bonjwa. P.S. I am a Zerg player myself

But protoss have always been taking titles from bonjwas (like Garimto, Nal-ra, Anytime, Bisu at last). And don't forget that Protoss was a reason that this Zerg bonjwa was not a bonjwa anymore X_x

My point is that if in SC there is a balance, the Zerg must become stronger overall, if overall apm/micro increases (because low-skill favors protoss and middle skill favors terrans). I mean, if Zerg is a such hard race to play (requires some inhuman calculations to deal with economy enough precisely, while P and T all have a simple exponential growth of economy...), there must be some reward for it. Or zerg becomes a little underpowered. =__=

And I mean that both JD and Flash brough SC to the point when randomness and chance almost disappear from it and are replaced with precise counting of variants, possibilities and responses...

So Zerg must search for the builds that haven't got serious "holes" in them. And current builds... yes, they seem to have holes. -___-


Please don't turn this thread into a balance discussion, and if you decide to turn it into a balance discussion, please make your thought understandable lol.
Khassar de Templari
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 00:34:43
November 20 2010 00:27 GMT
#53
On November 20 2010 06:55 PoP wrote:
DTs didn't really win him game 1 tbh, the game was pretty even/standard after that considering he cut a lot of probes as well. I even think the supply count was even at some point after Leta took his nat, which is usually very good news for Terran.

I disagree. Leta was still behind the entire game, couldn't take his nat for a while after Paralyze (because of the DTs and the turret snipe when Leta was trying to finally creep to his nat). He was never able to establish a large force and because of that had to be very aggressive, to try to cripple his opponent and come back a bit. Unfortunately his siege behind Paralyze's base was thwarted easily (good play on Paralyze's part but Leta was highly outnumbered). Same when he tried to grab a 3rd. In the end it was the DTs that sealed an advantage Leta wasn't able to surpass. Game 2 was just Leta disappointing though.
Fair enough, though the reason so many people dislike someone or something because of people supporting him/her/it has always been kind of a mystery to me. Guy's objectively overhyped at the moment, but I doubt he can do anything about it (besides changing his looks or behavior maybe, which would be a shame).

The hype is way over the top. At least Snow's hype began after he dominated the dream league and then ripped through the prelims. Paralyze has a very mediocre non-televized record and a short OSL career so far. BTW, this hype started BEFORE his 2-0 of Leta, so that was based off of 2 games vs great and his prelims play alone (and the afro, which I believe is why so many people are flocking to him). If he can actually deliver solid wins for the next few months I might be a fan. At the moment he's pretty underwhelming.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
November 20 2010 00:44 GMT
#54
Wait, where is Hyuk's interview?
nozaro33
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan1819 Posts
November 20 2010 01:34 GMT
#55
The hype is because of the HAIR
otherwise I wouldn't really care much about afrotoss
#1 Flash / #2 NaDa / #3 Stats fan / KT fan for life
We Are Here
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Australia1810 Posts
November 20 2010 02:59 GMT
#56
"This hairstyle brings out the wildness from inside a man. People say, is it the afro that makes the champion, or the champion that makes the afro...? It is still unexplained by modern science..."
He who turns those around him into allies, possesses the most terrifying ability in the world.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 05:35:28
November 20 2010 03:02 GMT
#57
On November 20 2010 09:44 dukethegold wrote:
Wait, where is Hyuk's interview?

it is here
+ Show Spoiler [now added to OP] +

Hyuk

[image loading]


Q: Thoughts on entering the OSL Ro16?
A: I really wanted to make the Ro16 roday, so this time I practiced a ridiculous amount. That allowed me to succeed, which was pretty miraculous.

Q: Why did you want to make Ro16 so badly?
A: I've been playing pretty horribly recently, and in SPL I'm not doing well. I'm getting older and I'm the team captain, but I need to be a better gamer as well. Slumping made me very dejected, so I wanted to start performing better.

Q: Your facial expression was bad after your loss in the first game.
A: I didn't originally prepare for that type of opening. I played impromptu, so I was constantly berating myself, asking "Why did you play this way?" But then I thought, in the upcoming games I would definitely use the strategies I had the best grasp of. So I pulled myself together that way.

Q: You played excellently in the 2nd and 3rd games.
A: The 2nd game was good overall. In the 3rd game, my zergling runby did less damage than I anticipated, but what mattered is that I held the advantage throughout the game.

Q: In game 3, your mutalisks were not very effective.
A: I only had 5 mutalisks left, but I a-moved them to snipe off a high templar. I felt that it bought me time, so it wasn't a big deal.

Q: Recently, your team has been working hard at the individual leagues.
A: Yep. It's provided us a lot of benefit. Every player has his designated time to play, so everyone is doing well in the individual leagues. It's helped us find confidence, so our SPL performance is getting boosted too.

Q: Last season, you left behind a lot of regrets in the OSL.
A: I put too much energy into random things, so I was unable to concentrate on the games. I felt really apologetic to the coaches, and I hoped to begin anew next time. I feel like there's nothing that tops the importance of focusing on my matches now, but that still hasn't solved the issue in front of me.

Q: This season's goal?
A: I don't really have a goal to speak of. I'm redoubling my efforts in practice, so I'm confident I'll see results.

Q: Anything else?
A: Sun, Best, and Bisu have been helping me practice for a long time. They helped me analyze the enemy's style, so I want to thank them for that. It seems that people have been worried about me, but now I've advanced, so I'm now very happy and there's no need to worry. Despite being captain I haven't been getting good results, so I felt ashamed. It's good that I advanced today, and from now on I'll show everyone a new Captain Hyuk.

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_58457.html
Translator:3
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
November 20 2010 03:17 GMT
#58
CAPTAIN HYUK FIGHTING
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
November 20 2010 05:13 GMT
#59
Thanks infinitestory, Hyuk's interview wasn't posted yet when I went to bed. Added to the OP!
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
November 20 2010 05:31 GMT
#60
Wait...Hyuk is SKT's captain? What happened to Canata?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 55
JuggernautJason55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23666
Mini 393
Hyuk 157
ggaemo 122
firebathero 121
Dewaltoss 114
ZZZero.O 36
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7144
febbydoto18
League of Legends
Doublelift17
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3413
Khaldor1550
crisheroes1028
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
FrodaN2535
fl0m893
Beastyqt743
KnowMe441
mouzStarbuck306
summit1g157
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King51
Trikslyr42
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1102
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 107
• StrangeGG 44
• Adnapsc2 22
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7998
• WagamamaTV420
Other Games
• imaqtpie832
• Shiphtur288
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 48m
INu's Battles
16h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.