• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:47
CEST 14:47
KST 21:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

Why I hate Starcraft - Page 10

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
ProbeSaturation
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada292 Posts
January 02 2010 03:05 GMT
#181
the hot blond girl on my college dorm floor says
Bisu>>>>jaedong
HeartOfTofu
Profile Joined December 2009
United States308 Posts
January 02 2010 03:09 GMT
#182
On January 02 2010 09:35 JohannesH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2010 08:41 HeartOfTofu wrote:
I think an interesting way to make Starcraft more fun to watch for the average person is to add a "minor league" type of system for so many of the 2nd stringers we see on the sidelines. I'm sure if you watch the lesser skilled people play, you'll often see a lot more of "old school Starcraft" in it.

Foreigner matches?

B-teamers might not be that interesting to watch though, I feel that it'd be just as much standard boring playing as with A-team pros, just a small bit worse, and without that excitement of important games.


Personally, I would love to see "foreigner" matches televised in a professional league. The truth is that the top foreigners do have playstyles that differ from Korean players and they tend to be more creative and varied. Whether it's because of different mechanical abilities or gaming environments, it would be refreshing to see people other than the typical Korean robots playing once in a while. I often find the games on the live user streams more interesting and unpredictable than most Korean pro games.
I like to asphixiate myself while covered in liquid latex... Do you?
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
January 02 2010 04:07 GMT
#183
On January 01 2010 12:14 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2010 11:44 Abyzou wrote:
[image loading]


This thread sure went as expected.

Can I have a good nuke mods? I love Boxer way too much to say no.

Also, in case I didn't mention it? Flash is cancer and TL is full of frothing fanboys who eat that shit up. Oh and people who like 'loli', aka cartoon child pornography, and think it should be legalized. Totally cool dudes, see the attached image for my reaction.

It's true Best's loss prompted me to write this - I couldn't sleep because it was nagging me, so I had to post it. I've felt this way for a fucking long ass time though. You're definitely correct in that JD is just as 'bad' as Flash is, however, he is at least somewhat charismatic, he has a much better understanding of how to communicate with fans and just plain being an ambassador of SC, just like Boxer was/is. That's why I like him. He has heart. And fuckin' sick dance moves.

Also lol'd at the PM I got from someone, I feel so offended that someone dares message me and call me a retard.

Happy new years, you delightful queers. I've had some good fucking food and wine. <:

Adios.
so you write a post about how flash is boring and defensive and mechanical in response to a game where he reads his opponent and does an allin timing rush to punish HIM for aiming for a long macro game?


Ups somebody got owned
Bye Abyzou, we all had a good laugh.
I bet you really would like to be nuked so people couldnt read anymore just how retarded your posts were

btw
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm a hardcore Jaedong Fan



oh and best post in this thread:
On January 01 2010 03:07 iNfeRnaL wrote:
Imo this just depends a lot on the point of view.
Personally I'm quite a good player but I can't help but to stare in awe at my monitor if Bisu/Jaedong/Flash/Stork are playing.
They're just out of this world.
Maybe Flash isn't all that characteristic, ya.
But BISU!??!?! Fuck yea he is. Fucking cocky bitch that tends to underestimate opponents and looks pretty decent for an asian.
Stork's silvers already made up their own character in Stork's psyche so you might as well call him a shizo...
And Jaedong, well - he's Jaedong, kid is probably the incarnation of the word ballsy - add to it his death stare and yea, you've got Jaedong the motherfucker that's trashing every fucking other newbie around.
Okay, except Flash from this statement as for recent results.
Still.
Lee motherfucking Jae Dong. k?
kthx.


:p
beep boop
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-02 08:02:08
January 02 2010 07:57 GMT
#184
its not the game that you should hate, its the players. Most of them are completely uncharismatic.
In icehockey you get all those fights and agitators aswell as those beautiful goals and classy winners. In starcraft all you get are those classy winners. (Well.. fbh isnt exactly a classy winner and bisu seems to be one cocky bitch, thats why people love them)

In short, there needs to be more bad manners on the field in order to appreciate the classy players.

What i would love to see, are not gamechanging strategies.. ofcourse i love to see baby harassing with wraiths and reach raping everything with dark archons.. but its not as important as the players themselves. I want to see progamers:

- Cockiness // Floyd Mayweather jr. is a fine example here, he got under opponents skin in boxing+ Show Spoiler +

- Moan and bitch // Christiano Ronaldo would be my example here, tons of physical football fans absolutely hate the guy, meanwhile some teenagers praise him to heavens.+ Show Spoiler +

- Throw some good winning poses, lift their hands and shout instead of just shyly bowing for the audience // Fatal1ty from FPshooters + Show Spoiler +

- Being complete assholes // Sean avery from hockey+ Show Spoiler +

- Last and by the far least, i want to see SOME players being completely calm and boring, like most of the current starcraft progamers are.
I dont want to be totally out :3
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
January 02 2010 08:28 GMT
#185
Man, it's gonna suck for him when Flash wins both leagues.
Remember Violet.
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-02 11:39:47
January 02 2010 11:39 GMT
#186
flash might be the most boring player ever.. but he's playing terran the way it was designed to be played (playing defensively to secure wins through a mineout when needed).

the games that some people loved or hated were : flash vs effort on destination// flash vs calm on fighting spirit // flash vs shuttle(?) on hbr. All involving massive defensive play with siege tanks.
Personally, I hated those games but I can understand why people though that they were brilliant strategical plays by FlaSh, because they totally were too.

I'd say that what I hate most about starcraft is when you're trying to win a game and you have like 6-8 bases vs their 2-3, but they refuse to give up because they think they're boxer and can always pull off miraculous comebacks. Actually, it's mostly just terran players who does this and it hurts more when the maps it make easy for them (i.e. destination).
THE ANSWER IS 288
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
January 02 2010 13:02 GMT
#187
On January 02 2010 16:57 suxN wrote:
In short, there needs to be more bad manners on the field in order to appreciate the classy players.

Bad manners are not necessary... Just some distinctiveness between players, instead of most people being shy teenagers.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
yarders
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom194 Posts
January 03 2010 16:54 GMT
#188
Please correct me if Im wrong but as I understand its not Flashs macro which differentiates him from the other players. Yes he has great macro but he doesn't have the best in the game. I dont think his apm is even near the highest. Im sure Calm had much higher Apm in their recent match. As I understand it the reason Flash is so good is his game sense. He has such a brilliant knowledge of the game that he knows exactly what to do in every situation. e.g. his last game versus Best.

This is his great skill, its highly entertaining to watch and it completely wrong for haters to just label him as a robot because its simply not true.

There are still so many other important elements to the game other than macro e.g. 60 kill Archon yesterday.

Also to those people who hate comebacks and camping. Personally I love epic comebacks and great defence and thats why I support and play Terran. Fair enough if thats not your style and you dont enjoy that but that just means you hate the Terran race because that is the style of Terran. That has nothing to do with Starcraft in general past or present.
WheelOfTime
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada331 Posts
January 03 2010 23:38 GMT
#189
Stop trying to dramatize everything.

Losing interest in SC does not automatically equate hate.

-10/5 if this was blogged.
exeprime
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United Kingdom643 Posts
January 03 2010 23:58 GMT
#190
I hate Flash too :3

Wish we'd have more players like JulyZerg on his good days. Now *that* was entertaining Starcraft.
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
January 04 2010 00:08 GMT
#191
IMO the problem is that the older players, and to an extent some newer players, understand the concept of fanservice. Players do something cool to provide entertainment to fans, and the fans return with adoration. For example, a reason why FBH is so well-liked is because he understands that concept. If I remember, he says he never really had a thing against savior, but was just providing entertainment for the viewers. Very few of the newer players do anything of the sort in my opinion. Of course, a player dominating the games and destroying everyone is cool too but meh.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
January 04 2010 00:28 GMT
#192
Remember when Movie showed off the templar vs Pure?
Yeah... I can name the exact moment I started liking By.Movie.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
DongTanks
Profile Joined January 2010
Singapore15 Posts
January 04 2010 14:30 GMT
#193
I agree that strategies and build orders are so standardised that there is few innovation nowadays. To me, personally, I think the interesting things about watching Starcraft games are:
1. big scale skirmishes (LOL! It is always exciting to see which side has the last man standing)
2. micro battles (cannot help but be amazed at Bisu probes)
3. and those unforgettable "GEE GEEEEEE......."

And HEY! Being a player of the most baller game which withstood the test of time makes us all COOL! What's cooler than this bro? heehee...
One may not be gosu, but passion alone makes him a Starcraft player.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
January 04 2010 16:09 GMT
#194
I kinda agree with the OP. Starcraft just isn't the same anymore, and all the players play so alike. The personalities don't exist that much anymore and frankly I'm quite bored of watching a gazillion games played by no-names, on the same maps each and every week.

I guess the people who still love watching korean pro Starcraft with a passion, are the newer people on the scene.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 04 2010 16:30 GMT
#195
Nostalgia is a powerful force. Watch the average game from 3 years ago - they are terrible. It's a similar thing people feel about TL. Read the average post from 3 years ago - it is also terrible.
Moderator
Kaolla
Profile Joined January 2003
China2999 Posts
January 04 2010 17:54 GMT
#196
have to say i liked sc b efore and still do, but i dont like flash's style so much...
he turtles too much and yea i know when you try to abuse it he will attack... but still it doesnt make good games to watch... often eitehr players will kill themselves by trying to attack his mass camp style or he owns them with a huge army and great timing... alot of games just look like crap... sure he can sometimes make great comebacks with his turtle style, but it irritates me more than that it excites me >.<
he has to be the dominant progamer i liked least of all times >_<
its me
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
January 04 2010 17:57 GMT
#197
On January 05 2010 01:30 Chill wrote:
Nostalgia is a powerful force. Watch the average game from 3 years ago - they are terrible. It's a similar thing people feel about TL. Read the average post from 3 years ago - it is also terrible.


lol I just thought of that :3
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 04 2010 18:06 GMT
#198
On January 05 2010 02:54 Kaolla wrote:
have to say i liked sc b efore and still do, but i dont like flash's style so much...
he turtles too much and yea i know when you try to abuse it he will attack... but still it doesnt make good games to watch... often eitehr players will kill themselves by trying to attack his mass camp style or he owns them with a huge army and great timing... alot of games just look like crap... sure he can sometimes make great comebacks with his turtle style, but it irritates me more than that it excites me >.<
he has to be the dominant progamer i liked least of all times >_<

Please tell me you're being sarcastic or something...
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
iargue
Profile Joined December 2009
United States2 Posts
January 04 2010 21:37 GMT
#199
On December 31 2009 22:55 Abyzou wrote:
Flash is, at the end of the day, a macrobot with perfect mechanics, and he doesn’t have heart like the star players of old did. He’s the best but that doesn’t really matter when it’s not entertaining.



I remember when he 3-0'd stork for the championship. His two armory push build was uncounterable for a long time. No one ever did that, and it proved that he was capable of coming up with his own ideals.

Every game that I watch from flash, I see him do all kinds of different game plays. I watched a TvT where he didnt start producing tanks (Stuck to vultures) until he claimed his third expand. He did such an excellent job, he came back and won a game the announcers said he was far behind in.

I've watched him marine/tank push against protoss, I've watched him siege line push, I've watched him single expand push, I've watched him wraith harass, and I've watched him drop against protoss. His game play style is never the same two times in a row, and thats why he is invincible... They dont know what he is going to do. Before flash came along, it was "tvp = tank/dragoon fights till no more minerals" and "tvz = marine/medic vs defilers". Flash introduced multible different builds to it. The zerg is now forced to know if he is going bio or mech. And then he could switch it up in a matter of seconds and go with mech.

Its sad to see that you cannot watch the game properly and see how awesome it is...
Hugo(Sphere)
Profile Joined July 2008
United States44 Posts
January 04 2010 21:42 GMT
#200
It's simple really. You want to play checkers, when the game has now evolved into chess. There is no right or wrong, but that's pretty much the long and short of it.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko531
ProTech153
Rex 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50024
Bisu 1856
Horang2 1183
Hyuk 483
BeSt 454
Soma 400
Mini 333
EffOrt 329
Light 299
Larva 261
[ Show more ]
Rush 128
ZerO 125
Mong 99
Barracks 80
Leta 77
Snow 55
ToSsGirL 49
Pusan 47
Shinee 37
Mind 37
Aegong 28
JYJ 26
Bale 24
Sexy 23
sorry 19
Noble 12
Terrorterran 12
JulyZerg 11
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3335
XaKoH 368
Counter-Strike
Fnx 533
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1366
Khaldor1185
Other Games
gofns37472
singsing2279
olofmeister1031
B2W.Neo459
hiko275
Livibee185
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS59
Liquid`VortiX13
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 40
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH219
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
13m
OSC
9h 13m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 13m
Online Event
22h 13m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.