• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8124 users

iCCup New Rank Coming? - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-15 20:26:08
December 15 2009 20:25 GMT
#101
On December 16 2009 05:03 eXigent. wrote:
huh? Who says focusing on improving is not enjoying the game?


All the people who keep complaining that getting stomped on by higher-level players isn't fun. Technically they're still 'improving', but clearly it's no fun. What I mean is that you shouldn't focus on improving at the expense of having fun (yes this can happen).

On December 16 2009 05:03 eXigent. wrote: I think anyone who is playing starcraft obviously enjoys the game already, otherwise why would they continue to play it? To alot of people, being able to improve and show results is one of the most enjoyable experiences the game can offer.


Uh, look at all the complaints about people in the D/D- level not being able to find games around their skill level. Clearly there can be improvements made to iccup to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm not talking about enjoying starcraft as an rts game. I'm talking about enjoying the experience of playing on the iccup ladder.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-15 21:21:35
December 15 2009 21:20 GMT
#102
There has been a serious lack of iCCup admins being mysterious in this thread what happened? Used to be so much fun making you wonder if we were agreeing with you or not.

Anyways the thing is iCCup is a competative ladder. If its going to take a rewriting of the ladder code I wouldnt expect to see an E rank. Because honestly E rank players arent our market, they're not why people come and play the ladder. If it can be done simply then okay maybe you'll see it. I have no idea how it works but honestly I don't see why since most people who would get down that low would just /clearstats or make a new account anyway.
TurboMaN
Profile Joined October 2005
Germany925 Posts
December 15 2009 21:47 GMT
#103
A maphack will destroy the game flow so hard ...
Hope they dont get it in.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
December 15 2009 21:58 GMT
#104
Ahh the start of a new iCCup season AND NEW RANKS?

Probably shouldn't be E if anything, rather F. E just reminds me of the highest grade you can get in elementary school. Regardless, a legal maphack...wtf
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Apexplayer
Profile Joined September 2009
United States406 Posts
December 15 2009 22:06 GMT
#105
This sounds like a great idea actually, ICCUP is very scary to newcomers and my friend was so excited about his first win the other day. But maybe there can be a section people can play under for first timers. This might be free of those true b+ people who just like beating d players.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
December 16 2009 01:25 GMT
#106
On December 16 2009 06:20 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Anyways the thing is iCCup is a competative ladder. If its going to take a rewriting of the ladder code I wouldnt expect to see an E rank. Because honestly E rank players arent our market, they're not why people come and play the ladder. If it can be done simply then okay maybe you'll see it. I have no idea how it works but honestly I don't see why since most people who would get down that low would just /clearstats or make a new account anyway.


On who's behalf are you to say we are rejecting markets? Last I checked, iCCup wants as many players playing the ladder as possible. Saying "we don't want them to play our game" sounds ridiculous. Unless you are 2easy or something, speak for yourself and watch yourself before speaking on the behalf of the entire iccup admin team.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
December 16 2009 01:43 GMT
#107
On December 15 2009 02:05 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2009 02:01 UFO wrote:
On December 14 2009 13:03 Chef wrote:
Even though this is clearly bullshit, I kind of like the idea of new ranks.

Suppose this: You can choose to either start at D rank (1000 points) or if you're honest to god totally new to StarCraft, volunteer to become E rank and start at like -1000 points. At E rank you never lose points when you lose a game, and you get to play with people who are just figuring stuff out like you. After screwing around for awhile you'll eventually build up to 0 points which is D-, and then your games count normally.

For a lot of people iCCup being a ladder isn't really that important. They just want to find games. This caters to that audience.





This is an awesome idea. I can`t see any argument against it, it would be so perfect for new players and other n00bs. There could be just some simple optional command that would turn you in E rank with - 2000 points . No points to be lost after lost game. For new players it would be a lot better place to start playing , since getting owned at D- lvl against dude who is 5x better is really demotivating and most often a lot less useful than playing someone around your level or little below/above


Doesn't solve the problem of anyone getting to prey on noobs... some people would choose to go E just to bash noobs.

No one's going to be that huge of a douchebag to go all the way down to sub-D level just to bash kids who don't know what the hell they're doing ... unless their name is Empyrean.
Triple7
Profile Joined April 2009
United States656 Posts
December 16 2009 01:48 GMT
#108
After beating campaign and playing my friends a couple times, I was at the ~800 point range. The people there (with the exception of the more than occasional smurf) were exactly my skill level, and I was able to progress. The current ladder system is great, imo.
지지이이이이이이이이이이이
GW.Methos
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States249 Posts
December 16 2009 03:04 GMT
#109
:-( iccup is down
i.pwn.n00bs
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-16 03:08:12
December 16 2009 03:07 GMT
#110
On December 16 2009 10:43 Saracen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2009 02:05 Pokebunny wrote:
On December 15 2009 02:01 UFO wrote:
On December 14 2009 13:03 Chef wrote:
Even though this is clearly bullshit, I kind of like the idea of new ranks.

Suppose this: You can choose to either start at D rank (1000 points) or if you're honest to god totally new to StarCraft, volunteer to become E rank and start at like -1000 points. At E rank you never lose points when you lose a game, and you get to play with people who are just figuring stuff out like you. After screwing around for awhile you'll eventually build up to 0 points which is D-, and then your games count normally.

For a lot of people iCCup being a ladder isn't really that important. They just want to find games. This caters to that audience.





This is an awesome idea. I can`t see any argument against it, it would be so perfect for new players and other n00bs. There could be just some simple optional command that would turn you in E rank with - 2000 points . No points to be lost after lost game. For new players it would be a lot better place to start playing , since getting owned at D- lvl against dude who is 5x better is really demotivating and most often a lot less useful than playing someone around your level or little below/above


Doesn't solve the problem of anyone getting to prey on noobs... some people would choose to go E just to bash noobs.

No one's going to be that huge of a douchebag to go all the way down to sub-D level just to bash kids who don't know what the hell they're doing ... unless their name is Empyrean.


lmao empyrean

I don't think it's super necessary. ICCup's scope is the competitive scene, not people who don't know what a build order is

On December 16 2009 12:04 GW.Methos wrote:
:-( iccup is down


I wonder if it's a new season!?!?

...

obviously its down
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
December 16 2009 03:59 GMT
#111
On December 16 2009 10:25 JiYan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2009 06:20 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Anyways the thing is iCCup is a competative ladder. If its going to take a rewriting of the ladder code I wouldnt expect to see an E rank. Because honestly E rank players arent our market, they're not why people come and play the ladder. If it can be done simply then okay maybe you'll see it. I have no idea how it works but honestly I don't see why since most people who would get down that low would just /clearstats or make a new account anyway.


On who's behalf are you to say we are rejecting markets? Last I checked, iCCup wants as many players playing the ladder as possible. Saying "we don't want them to play our game" sounds ridiculous. Unless you are 2easy or something, speak for yourself and watch yourself before speaking on the behalf of the entire iccup admin team.


He never said you were rejecting markets.

He also never said "we don't want them to play our game" You're putting words into his mouth.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Medix
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Malaysia180 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-16 05:04:22
December 16 2009 05:02 GMT
#112
so when is the new season gonna start? sorry if this has been asked before.

edit: nvm iccup site says evening of dec 16th
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-16 06:26:55
December 16 2009 06:23 GMT
#113
On December 16 2009 12:59 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2009 10:25 JiYan wrote:
On December 16 2009 06:20 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Anyways the thing is iCCup is a competative ladder. If its going to take a rewriting of the ladder code I wouldnt expect to see an E rank. Because honestly E rank players arent our market, they're not why people come and play the ladder. If it can be done simply then okay maybe you'll see it. I have no idea how it works but honestly I don't see why since most people who would get down that low would just /clearstats or make a new account anyway.


On who's behalf are you to say we are rejecting markets? Last I checked, iCCup wants as many players playing the ladder as possible. Saying "we don't want them to play our game" sounds ridiculous. Unless you are 2easy or something, speak for yourself and watch yourself before speaking on the behalf of the entire iccup admin team.


He never said you were rejecting markets.

He also never said "we don't want them to play our game" You're putting words into his mouth.


Partially what he said, okay by the definition of a ladder the people at the bottom aren't what drive the competition. People do not log onto the ladder to play with D- players. I'm not saying we don't want them, iCCup exists for people to compete and judge their skill level this means we want people of EVERY skill level. I'm not trying to speak for the entire admin team it's a fact. Yes we want people to come play our ladder but in order to do that we need to attract high level players or else theres no guarantee that you're getting a good measure of your actual skill level.

Yes there are D- level players who will not /clearstats or make a new account because they genuinely want to work hard to get out of D- and good for them but they are the vast minority. My point here? I don't speak for iCCup but I've been a member of iCCup for roughly a year and a half. I worked on the PGTour before that for over 4 seasons maybe consider the fact that I might have a clue what I'm talking about. All I said was if it would take a major overhaul and lots of time reworking the code to do it then it probably won't happen.

edit- Spelling
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
December 16 2009 06:25 GMT
#114
I think this is another joke by unk. T.T
pRo9aMeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
595 Posts
December 16 2009 09:13 GMT
#115
any stats on the 50,000ish players' number of games played? I think there might be lots of them with 10, maybe 5 or less games...I don't think these accounts should factor in as much.

And a question about high level people making a new account or /clearstats in order to practice a build order....why not just make a melee game with a friend?

Or how about altering /clearstats to just drop your points to the plus level of the rank below? i.e. A+,A, or A- does /clearstats to go to B+
B+,B, or B- go down to C+
all C ranks go down to D+
and D ranks I guess just back to D?
In training...let's play, gg! d^..^b
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
December 16 2009 12:56 GMT
#116
Adding a new rank is trivial in the programming aspect. I'm fairly sure everyone will start and clearstats will return you to D, while E is for those who are genuinely not good. When I started playing ICCup I was definitely E level. That didn't mean I was just bad, I wanted to PLAY and get better, but having an E rank would have simplified things.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
December 16 2009 13:25 GMT
#117
I joke in my signature about being the worst SC player in Korea, but got damn I've seen some really bad players on battle.net / Iccup.

opponent going Bunker wall on python only to die to cloaked wraiths.
opponent going mass cannons only to have them busted through because of siege tanks.
opponent building mass sunkens in his main at the beginning... wtf!?

Even with that said I think D- is fine as it is.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
December 17 2009 04:55 GMT
#118
If they add a new rank below D, wouldn't that eventually drop everyone's rank 1 whole letter? So if you were C+ your new rank will be D+?
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
December 17 2009 05:02 GMT
#119
RaptorX you still start at D, im assuming.

It just means if you go down to like 500pts, you'd be E instead of still D-
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
hoborg
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States430 Posts
December 17 2009 05:51 GMT
#120
Speaking as a new D- player who would be E if the rank existed, I'm sort of indifferent about the idea. I'm not mad that I have to play people better than me at the lowest rank, playing people who at least know what they're doing will help give me a better feel for timings and such. It's quite the opposite, I feel bad because they have to play ME. They want to get better too and they probably aren't learning from me since my game falls apart after 5 minutes. Not sure if this is actually a problem or if i am making it up, but it would be the only good reason for an E rank that I can think of.
blbl | CJ and ACE fighting!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech36
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 32
Sharp 31
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 396
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King82
Other Games
summit1g8089
ceh9636
Happy455
crisheroes219
Sick180
dupreeh93
Pyrionflax84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast8
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 11m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.