• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:52
CEST 21:52
KST 04:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8911 users

Second Interview with JulyZerg

Forum Index > Articles
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 05 2004 16:12 GMT
#1
After a long wait.. It's finally complete



What did you think of this Starleague? Was the competition very strong compared to other things like iTV?
I think OGN Starleague more stronger than iTV, I was upset but I had to control my mind on the final.

How did playing in front of thousands of people, with millions watching on television? Were you nervous?
soso and I was very happy and nervous. but when I stood the final stage up, I felt comfortable.

Were there any players you were worried about playing throughout the starleague?
iloveoov, XelloS

How were the maps for this OSL? Good for Zerg?
No. It was bad for zerg i think.

Who is your greatest rival now?
iloveoov,XelloS,Boxer,NaDa.

What are you doing with all this money you're winning lately?
Im going to give it our parents. all!! ^^.


Questions from TL.Net users----

Refrain[FriZ] asks: Do you think StarCraft is dying out or growing stronger? How many more years will it last?
In my point of view, it will be the best e-sports. But I think BW need new patch up.
What would you do if you were not a ProGamer?
If I was not a progamer, I could find something to active work.
Advice for players who want to be ProGamers?
I really wanna say to progamer cadidates, "Don't be a progamer, its so hard more than you imagine"


suxN asks: What do you think of StarCraft players outside Korea?
Well, I think so gosu foreigners are there, but they fall short of the standard to beat korean Top progamers.


bigmommA asks: Are there any amateur pros who you think have alot of potential? Any ProGamers you think will do very well soon?
No. I haven't think of it. Sorry.


Anonymous asks: Ever heard of Blackman[pG]? If so, what do you think of him? Do you play neoGame-i?
Sometimes I play NeoGame-i with newbie ID as Random. I have heard Blackman[pg] and i think he is a one of the best foreigner zerg.


YNi-Soul asks: What is in the future for you after StarCraft?
Sorry, I haven't think of it.


Xal)CyRiC asks: Which player has most influenced your style?
Yellow. Hong Jin Ho.
If your life was at stake in one game of StarCraft, who would you choose to play to save you?
hm. I bet Boxer. ^^
Who is the friendliest ProGamer? Who is the least friendly?
Our teammates.
Any tips for aspiring Zerg players?
Don't be afraid of Protoss and Terran's force. When you feel their unreasonable force, you can't beat them.

Chris307 asks: What hardware do you use? (Headset, Keyboard, Mouse, Moniter?)
Ear Phone, Samsung Keyboard, Logitec Optical Mouse, Hansol 19inches flatron Monitor.

SoMuchBetter asks: At the point in the final game vs Reach in which you knew you had won, what was going through your mind?
"Ah, I won, I won finally. I did it" <--- I wanna say like this but actually I didn't imagine anything until I saw 'last gg sign from reach' -,-;

Overlord asks: Is there anything you would change about StarCraft to further balance all matchups?
z vs p, z vs t . It need to change a little bit.

NaStY-NijNtje asks: What's your favorite color?
Red. Blue.

ToKoreaWithLove asks: Why is WCG seemingly less important than other tournaments like the OGN StarLeague?
Most of Korean progamers don't invest their time to wcg as much as foreigners do. Because the probablity is too low to qualify in korea. They wanna invest their time to other leagues normally. But I believe Korea WCG representations will be a winner of WCG ^^v


Some fun questions..^_^

Got a girlfriend?
No.

How much weight can you lift?
About 30kg? ^^;;

Favorite drink?
Mango Juice

Best looking ProGamer?
Boxer

Have you seen Peter's new haircut?
KeKe Yes, i love peter hyung !

You dyed your hair red before OSL finals, any reason or just feeling colorful?
All our teammates dyed hair -,-;

Do you have alot of fans now?
Hm.. soso. but i think i have a lot of fans now ^^

I'm the #1 zerg user in the universe, 1v1?
no thx ^^ you win

----------------------


There you have it!

Questions from you TL goons, StarLeague/BW stuff, random questions, and FakeSteve > JulyZerg
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
1024MB
Profile Joined May 2004
United States1455 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-05 16:16:26
September 05 2004 16:12 GMT
#2
Thank you!

This doesn't really make sense though:

What would you do if you were not a ProGamer?
If I was not a progamer, I could find something to active work.
You learn from losing.
SpiriT-DemoN-
Profile Joined January 2003
United States684 Posts
September 05 2004 16:17 GMT
#3
very nice.. thx
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 05 2004 16:23 GMT
#4
on a side note, i searched the forum and I can't find the first interview anywhere

where is it?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
September 05 2004 16:23 GMT
#5
hahahaha. What a jokester. He sure cleverly dodged a lot of questions =) Tricky!

Thanks for the interview =)
Moderator
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 05 2004 16:25 GMT
#6
For some reason or another Bejjang wanted to conduct the interview privately, so yeah, July dodged a few questions
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
tfeign
Profile Joined June 2004
United States2980 Posts
September 05 2004 16:26 GMT
#7
Overlord asks: Is there anything you would change about StarCraft to further balance all matchups?
z vs p, z vs t . It need to change a little bit.


I would love to hear JZ elaborate on this.
fw *
Profile Joined April 2003
Korea (South)1201 Posts
September 05 2004 16:36 GMT
#8
On September 06 2004 01:12 1024MB wrote:
Thank you!

This doesn't really make sense though:

What would you do if you were not a ProGamer?
If I was not a progamer, I could find something to active work.


i think he meant he wants to look for some active and dynamic jobs than passive 'deskman'.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
September 05 2004 16:37 GMT
#9
Good, you finally posted it Stevey. :D
Nt^Overmind
Profile Joined September 2003
Russian Federation204 Posts
September 05 2004 16:38 GMT
#10
thnx, gj!
Kerrigan is my Queen !!!
Red_Dragon
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Croatia2862 Posts
September 05 2004 16:41 GMT
#11
On September 06 2004 01:23 Rt-S.FakeSteve wrote:
on a side note, i searched the forum and I can't find the first interview anywhere

where is it?


There you go
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=15792
Climbing walls of an endless circle
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
September 05 2004 16:41 GMT
#12
On September 06 2004 01:12 Rt-S.FakeSteve wrote:
I'm the #1 zerg user in the universe, 1v1?
no thx ^^ you win

rofl haha stevey!
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
September 05 2004 16:42 GMT
#13
omg

excellent steve! July seems like a nice guy.
ModeratorFather of bunnies
Arbiter[frolix]
Profile Joined January 2004
United Kingdom2674 Posts
September 05 2004 16:44 GMT
#14
Thanks Steve!
We are vigilant.
Breeze
Profile Joined October 2002
Bulgaria989 Posts
September 05 2004 16:55 GMT
#15
Heheh that was nice, cool guy
micro soft, macro hard
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
September 05 2004 17:01 GMT
#16
july zerg is very nice in real life

he is my friend.
why so 진지해?
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
September 05 2004 17:14 GMT
#17
cool, thx
Square Bear
Profile Joined February 2004
Bahamas266 Posts
September 05 2004 17:17 GMT
#18
Rekrul, we're happy for you.
If the spirit moves ya. Let me groove ya.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
September 05 2004 17:22 GMT
#19
Wow, nice. I liked this.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Flytothesky
Profile Joined April 2004
United States591 Posts
September 05 2004 18:39 GMT
#20
great interview. thanx steve
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM988
TaKeTV 339
TKL 317
IndyStarCraft 204
ZombieGrub99
BRAT_OK 98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 988
TKL 317
IndyStarCraft 204
MaxPax 166
ZombieGrub99
BRAT_OK 98
JuggernautJason50
Nathanias 31
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 625
ggaemo 166
White-Ra 149
firebathero 81
Barracks 75
910 47
Shine 45
Killer 26
Trap 22
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0161
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9038
Liquid`Hasu1973
crisheroes1799
Trikslyr69
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5145
summit1g4722
singsing1318
Beastyqt819
shahzam429
B2W.Neo327
ArmadaUGS125
KnowMe120
UpATreeSC64
Pyrionflax4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream435
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 194
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• blackmanpl 17
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade858
Other Games
• imaqtpie543
• Shiphtur339
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.