And in it a lot of people asked me some very specific questions that I couldn't answer without the tooltip information copied down exactly. So today at MLG Anaheim I took out my notebook and began taking notes on the exact tooltips so as to not cause any confusion.
WARNING: I am extremely exhausted as I'm writing this. It is 2:14 AM my time, I have been awake since 7:00 AM and will have to wake up again at 7 to drive back down to Anaheim for day 3. Any information I forget to mention or any typos I make is a result of that, so please bare with me.
If you get a chance, can you find out if Energize (Mothership Core ability) has a range so that a unit has to be nearby to be refilled, or can it be used on a unit anywhere on the map? It looks like a very useful ability that potentially lets you Storm right after warp-in and mineral block forever with the Oracle (until anti-air towers are made, anyway).
unfortunately, there is no exact radius in the tooltip of the ability energize on the mothership core. The visual for it though looks to be about 25%-30% wider radius than a standard pylon energy field.
Could you elaborate on the Blinding Cloud ability? I thought it only reduced ranged biological units into melee range. I didn't hear anything about it protecting biological units underneath the cloud from enemy fire.
Turns out my previous blog was completely wrong.
The exact tooltip for blinding cloud reads: "Creates a cloud for 10 seconds that reduces the attack range of BIOLOGICAL units to melee range."
So it will only work vs Ghosts, Marines, Marauders, Hydralisks, Queens and Roaches. It does function as a disruption web type ability.
Other information I found interesting includes:
1. Ultralisk Burrow Charge has a friendly fire mechanic attached to it. When the Ultralisk emerges from the charge all units in the affected radius will be knocked back and dealt normal Ultralisk weapon damage. That includes friendly units.
Obviously that isn't a big problem vs other ultralisks but it would make you hesitant to charge into some of your own squishier units.
2. Contrary to popular belief, Ultralisks did not lose Frenzied. They still have it.
3. The Battle Hellion's Napalm Spray does 10 damage 14 vs light vs the 8/14 of the vehicle mode hellion.
4. Widow Mines do 200 damage!
5. The Oracle's Pre-Ordain abiltiy costs 75 energy and can target a unit or a structure granting the player vision AND detection around it for 2 MINUTES!
6. The Tempest does indeed have 22 range with the gravity sling upgrade. It does 45 damage 60 vs massive with a weapon speed of 6.
7. The Mothership (upgraded from the mothership core) no longer cloaks but comes now with Stasis which works on all nearby AIR units, and lasts 20 seconds.
I'll save my revised reactions on all of this for my full blog that I post either tomorrow or Monday with my full review. I say possibly Monday because tomorrow night I might be in a similar spot as far as my sleep schedule goes.
Hope my information was helpful. MLG has been an absolute fucking blast, by far my best weekend of e-sports so far and it's only been day 2.