• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7880 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 308

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 306 307 308 309 310 345 Next
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
October 06 2020 20:25 GMT
#6141
On October 07 2020 04:55 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2020 04:37 Jealous wrote:
On October 07 2020 03:10 Nebuchad wrote:
Do you guys think having a politics thread is worth it?

It's worth it in the same way that a leper colony is better than letting them spread leprosy everywhere else.

So what is antibiotics for politics?

Privilege?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
October 06 2020 22:15 GMT
#6142
There was that guy that kept making new threads in topics in General and they all had some form of political bickering. It might’ve been around 2012. This is superior.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
October 07 2020 00:05 GMT
#6143
On October 07 2020 05:25 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2020 04:55 Acrofales wrote:
On October 07 2020 04:37 Jealous wrote:
On October 07 2020 03:10 Nebuchad wrote:
Do you guys think having a politics thread is worth it?

It's worth it in the same way that a leper colony is better than letting them spread leprosy everywhere else.

So what is antibiotics for politics?

Privilege?

Privilege is something you're born with sweaty, don't be silly~

The real answer is the end of bipartisan politics, in regular legislative doses
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
October 07 2020 01:16 GMT
#6144
On October 07 2020 03:28 Nebuchad wrote:
Just there to open the question, really. Getting myself banned from this was one of the best decisions I've made in a while, but I still catch myself reading it from time to time and I never feel better going out than coming in. I can't imagine enjoying this.


I can't imagine what you mean. You feel bad after reading a thread on a team liquid? and you continue to do it?

If you don't like getting riled up then what are you doing with your life?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
October 07 2020 01:40 GMT
#6145
On October 07 2020 10:16 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2020 03:28 Nebuchad wrote:
Just there to open the question, really. Getting myself banned from this was one of the best decisions I've made in a while, but I still catch myself reading it from time to time and I never feel better going out than coming in. I can't imagine enjoying this.


I can't imagine what you mean. You feel bad after reading a thread on a team liquid? and you continue to do it?

If you don't like getting riled up then what are you doing with your life?


You've never done stuff that you feel bad about doing? Teach me your ways ^^'

My life is not doing too hot. Bosses are fucking us over right about now, they're being blatant with it too it's kind of funny (except for the people who worked there 30 years I guess). I'm seriously considering telling them to fuck off and trying poker professionally, even though it's very possible I'm not good enough to do that, and Switzerland is still not cheap. I don't know, I'll keep you updated.
No will to live, no wish to die
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
October 07 2020 23:31 GMT
#6146
Are we going to have LR thread for the VP debate?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
October 07 2020 23:33 GMT
#6147
On October 08 2020 08:31 Nevuk wrote:
Are we going to have LR thread for the VP debate?
From the debate thread.

Everyone, thank you for participating in the debate thread! Thread will now be locked and USPMT will get unlocked.

The debate thread will reopen on October 7 for the VP debate between Mike Pence and Kamala Harris. We'll lock USPMT again on that date. See you all then!

It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
October 08 2020 19:07 GMT
#6148
I still feel 48h is too long before the reopening of the USPol main thread. It moves so fast these days that the day after, the topic already is on something else than the debate.
NoiR
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
October 08 2020 21:59 GMT
#6149
On October 09 2020 04:07 Nouar wrote:
I still feel 48h is too long before the reopening of the USPol main thread. It moves so fast these days that the day after, the topic already is on something else than the debate.

Yes, I agree. I will shorten it to 24 hours.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
October 09 2020 12:44 GMT
#6150
On October 07 2020 03:28 Nebuchad wrote:
Just there to open the question, really. Getting myself banned from this was one of the best decisions I've made in a while, but I still catch myself reading it from time to time and I never feel better going out than coming in. I can't imagine enjoying this.

Ironic considering you was a major contributer to the shitfest that is the USPol thread, with basically borderline harassment. I can't even remember what you got banned for, but apparently, along with others who get banned, you feel the need to drive by and remind people that you no longer post there.

If you don't want to post in USPol, it's easy, just don't post there. It's not a herculean effort deserving of praise.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 09 2020 13:14 GMT
#6151
--- Nuked ---
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-09 14:13:25
October 09 2020 14:12 GMT
#6152
The way he wrote his post made it sound like it wasn't self-requested. But of course it could have been. Either way, I don't remember and is irrelevant. If someone doesn't want to post in the USPol thread they can just not post in it. They don't need to write posts about thinking about not posting, or smugly write about how much better their life is now that they don't post. Perhaps he was looking for people to tell him to come back.

Anyways, I doubt that for someone whose "life is not doing too hot", gambling is appropriate advice.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 09 2020 14:16 GMT
#6153
--- Nuked ---
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
October 09 2020 17:21 GMT
#6154
On October 09 2020 21:44 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2020 03:28 Nebuchad wrote:
Just there to open the question, really. Getting myself banned from this was one of the best decisions I've made in a while, but I still catch myself reading it from time to time and I never feel better going out than coming in. I can't imagine enjoying this.

Ironic considering you was a major contributer to the shitfest that is the USPol thread, with basically borderline harassment. I can't even remember what you got banned for, but apparently, along with others who get banned, you feel the need to drive by and remind people that you no longer post there.

If you don't want to post in USPol, it's easy, just don't post there. It's not a herculean effort deserving of praise.


Thanks for your advice
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
October 09 2020 17:33 GMT
#6155
I miss your posts Neb. They were some of the few good ones left.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
October 20 2020 06:16 GMT
#6156
Well, ever since I stopped actively posting the thread quality has gone downhill anyway Jokes aside, while its nice to show the circlejerk there are other opinions out there in the World after a while you find its better to invest your time into the people that really matter in life than waste away in toxicity.

Ive recently been trying to get back into BW casually and its refreshing. The BW part of the forum is so much nicer than general. Even watching Kwark stream he seems so much more likeable when hes not talking about politics
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
October 20 2020 06:40 GMT
#6157
As long as you can go play a game and leave the US Politics back in US Politics, then that's a good sign. It shouldn't follow you where you go. Political views are low in the ranking of what's interesting about people.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 20:44:58
October 24 2020 20:44 GMT
#6158
On October 25 2020 05:12 Danglars wrote:
Actual conversation (paraphrased)
Show nested quote +
Doodsmack: the FBI should be ignored on this, the DNI should be ignored, yhe DOJ and conservative outlets should be ignored. It isn't just conservative outlet conspiracy theories
Gorsameth: Trump and the administration brought this on themselves because of their lies
Doodsmack: What about all the career civil servants involved?

That's one of the central contentions in the Russia scandal wars. Can you just abandon standards of evidence because you simply choose to throw everything Trump and deputy departments under Trump in the garbage heap? Is that a fair way to judge the evidence? That's a very legitimate question. If you look at what he's first responding to, it overrelies on reporting that has a clear slant. Perfectly justifiable post.

In the replies:
Show nested quote +
I think you have confused the word liberal with legitimate.

Quite the adding to the conversation. Shitposter answers shitposter. Ban them both, ban neither.

The past three posts he criticized as "my bubble is more legit than yours."
Post from Nevuk alleging Motherjones has broken major stories in ways the Daily Caller has not. That's a bubble opinion. They were first with investigative journalism on McCain angle on spreading the unverified Steele Dossier. The Daily Caller reporter was the first to render aid to an activist shot in Kenosha, and literally drove him to the hospital (mainstream media ignored that act of heroism, by the way. The same Daily Caller reporter was the only one interviewing Kyle Rittenhouse before the shooting later that night. Not the Washington Post reporter on the ground filming, but the Washington Post forced to use Daily Caller filming to write their story. Daily Caller was first to do investigative reporting on the charlatans running a fake Border Wall funding nonprofit. They broke the story of Karen Bass (potential Biden VP pick) having Scientology ties (July 31). Let's just say, they easily clear a Mother Jones threshhold of breaking news. If you want to be informed on both sides of biased reporting on an issue, put DC alongside the best of the mid-high tier news sites from the left.

Other two posts were basically contentless shitposts.

The parts where Nevuk nails actual problems with Doodsmack is his use of Breitbart. It's a source that can't be relied upon, even the 0.1% of the time where they do break something interesting. I'd additionally fault him for no discernment in responding to the thread's left-wing shitposters. Let them circle jerk the Trump hate, just don't fire back with their level of content: it shits up the thread. A liberal echo chamber firing that kind of content off into the void doesn't require interaction and generates half the shitposts. Wait for the posters that practice higher standards like (usually) Nevuk, Nouar, etc.


I'm going to respond to Danglar's latest post in the ABL thread here instead so we don't bog down the other threads with a meta-discussion about source reliability.

I'm not terribly familiar with Daily Caller, though I knew enough to know that they were better than Breitbart or Gateway Pundit.

MotherJones I don't read religiously or anything, but I remember them very clearly for Romney's 47% tape and some other very deep investigative reporting on private prisons. Biased, definitely, but with a very good track record.

I've know I've said some incorrect things about them in the past, as I thought they were still strongly associated with Tucker Calson, etc.I mainly checked a fact checking websites and saw that they had Daily Caller as mixed accuracy rather than high (which is what they MJ as).

Upon further review, I now see the site I used has a distinctive label for problematic sites that they gave to Breitbart but not Daily Caller : "Questionable". This is despite the site giving them the same overall rating (though they do note daily caller isn't far from being it), which is why I associated them at first.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mother-jones/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

Anyways, I apologize for initially discarding them out of hand. I will take daily caller slightly more seriously in the future, though that particular story I felt could have been discounted until further verification came (which I still don't believe has) due to the problems I outlined later in the thread concerning the sourcing of the story (which, good for the Daily Caller for being somewhat up front about where it came from).
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
October 25 2020 11:21 GMT
#6159
I am little disturbed that there isn't a "legitimate" reason given. Are pages of mod notes a reason now, without some kind of trigger? If they are now, are mods going to be consistent about that? Is TL Pol mods going to be regulating truths now? If so, why in 2020 now, without warning, not 2016 or 2019? Or is it a case that Doodsmack doesn't have friends to support him or friends in high places to apologise on his behalf?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
October 25 2020 14:00 GMT
#6160
Mod notes have always been a reason lol and frankly I don't find us as users entitled to an explanation, it's not in the rules...
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 306 307 308 309 310 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason149
BRAT_OK 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 948
ZZZero.O 128
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm33
League of Legends
Doublelift5185
JimRising 606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g8949
FrodaN2829
KnowMe228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1283
BasetradeTV288
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1122
• Shiphtur204
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
56m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 56m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.