• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:26
CEST 08:26
KST 15:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9245 users

Remove NASL reg season from Liquibet? - Page 2

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
November 04 2011 21:29 GMT
#21
On November 02 2011 10:51 JonnyLaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 07:06 TheToast wrote:
Honestly, there is a slippery slope here, if NASL is put in, then why not ESL's weekely Go4SC2, or IEM, or IPL. What does NASL have that those tournaments do not?


NASL has a timeline of weeks. This gives us time to bet on games and (someone?) to insert liquibet candidates.

IPL3, IEM, Dreamhack, are all played over a weekend. This means you'd need to watch live to guess the winners of more than the pools or first round of play.

NASL, GSL and TSL are the three tournaments I've seen in starcraft which are more suited for a liquibet style system on a community site.

That being said, I stick with my earlier sentiments.


This is true. But still.

Is there any info on why it was decided to include NASL in liquibet?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 06 2011 19:38 GMT
#22
On November 05 2011 06:29 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:51 JonnyLaw wrote:
On November 02 2011 07:06 TheToast wrote:
Honestly, there is a slippery slope here, if NASL is put in, then why not ESL's weekely Go4SC2, or IEM, or IPL. What does NASL have that those tournaments do not?


NASL has a timeline of weeks. This gives us time to bet on games and (someone?) to insert liquibet candidates.

IPL3, IEM, Dreamhack, are all played over a weekend. This means you'd need to watch live to guess the winners of more than the pools or first round of play.

NASL, GSL and TSL are the three tournaments I've seen in starcraft which are more suited for a liquibet style system on a community site.

That being said, I stick with my earlier sentiments.


This is true. But still.

Is there any info on why it was decided to include NASL in liquibet?



I'm very interested in knowing that aswell.. Also I wonder if removing most koreans from NASL had an impact on how they feel about it..
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
November 06 2011 20:19 GMT
#23
Sort of curious why it's so hard to get a mod answer on this topic.......
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
November 07 2011 00:37 GMT
#24
I absolutely agree, even though I only think about 2 seconds about every liquibet. NASL is a lot of games, and online tournaments tend to have a bit more random results as well. I think having the final weekend in would be enough.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
November 07 2011 19:17 GMT
#25
On November 07 2011 04:38 Sina92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 06:29 TheToast wrote:
On November 02 2011 10:51 JonnyLaw wrote:
On November 02 2011 07:06 TheToast wrote:
Honestly, there is a slippery slope here, if NASL is put in, then why not ESL's weekely Go4SC2, or IEM, or IPL. What does NASL have that those tournaments do not?


NASL has a timeline of weeks. This gives us time to bet on games and (someone?) to insert liquibet candidates.

IPL3, IEM, Dreamhack, are all played over a weekend. This means you'd need to watch live to guess the winners of more than the pools or first round of play.

NASL, GSL and TSL are the three tournaments I've seen in starcraft which are more suited for a liquibet style system on a community site.

That being said, I stick with my earlier sentiments.


This is true. But still.

Is there any info on why it was decided to include NASL in liquibet?



I'm very interested in knowing that aswell.. Also I wonder if removing most koreans from NASL had an impact on how they feel about it..


^That's a good question about the Koreans. There are still some very good players in NASL, some of the best foriegners in the world for sure. But without top Koreans it somehow doesn't seem complete. If someone started an online BW tourney with only foreign players I doubt it was included in BW liquibet. Granted the BW foriegn scene is and never was as active as SC2's, but I think there is a point to be made here.

On November 07 2011 05:19 Diamond wrote:
Sort of curious why it's so hard to get a mod answer on this topic.......


Who administers liquibet? Maybe taking this question to a well written PM would be more appropriate?

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
November 08 2011 18:47 GMT
#26
I don't know why I am still betting on matches with a player that's been retired for over a month......

Any chance of any admin reply?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 08 2011 20:00 GMT
#27
I concur. I can't stand betting for NASL
@ggmonx
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
November 08 2011 21:52 GMT
#28
On November 09 2011 03:47 Diamond wrote:
I don't know why I am still betting on matches with a player that's been retired for over a month......

Any chance of any admin reply?


I sent CaucasianAsian a friendly PM asking him about this. Maybe he can provide us with some insight on this issue.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
November 09 2011 03:09 GMT
#29
Hey everyone!

Thanks TheToast for sending me a PM (friendly is an understatement!).

To clearify my position, I am the TL Staff member that adds and reports SC2 liquibets. (Among other things, but that is what is relevant here)

I have been under the same impression as of recent, especially as some of the matches never even completed, or it is difficult to find the results of matches, voiding certain liquibets (Fenix comes to mind instantly).

A lot of you have brought up good points, things that I personally didn't even think about. To be honest, I'm not a big SC2 fan mainly because my computer can't support it, so I can't play it (I like being competitive). So I simply add the liquibet matches that I know of in advance, and report the matches when I have time.

As to the reason NASL was first decided to be put into SC2 Liquibets, was because they are a very large tournament, and release the schedule and maps before 48 hours as of when they will be aired. The "48 hour rule" is also the main reason why "weekend tournaments" such as MLG, IPL, IEM, and WCG Grand Finals will not be placed into the SC2 Liquibets.

To simplify the process of adding certain tournaments to SC2 Liquibets.:
  • Posting the upcomming matches 48 hours in advance allows the majority of TeamLiquid members an opportunity to vote. If they have a busy schedule, and cannot login every day, they will potentially miss out on possible points, so we refrain from adding short lived tournaments.

  • It would be extremely time intensive if I personally had to watch every single ongoing "weekend" tournament to instantly report results as well as add another potential round that may end up starting in a matter of minutes, for only a few members to be given points (EU/Asian/Australian/American players are all in different time zones and may be asleep during some of these events).



Given all of the information that has been discussed within this thread, I can safely agree with all of you.

NASL Group Stages end this week, so I will add one last and final week of NASL into SC2 Liquibets, (I have always been told to never do things half way. Finish what you started). However, I can assure everyone that this SC2 Liquibet season will end after the finals of GSL November, and NASL will no longer be added to SC2 Liquibets after this week, unless NASL decides to change their policy of games played, among other things.

I have spoken with another Staff member and we agree with you all.

Thanks for sending me a PM once again TheToast for letting me know of this issue.

Happy Liquibeting!

-CaucasianAsian
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 09 2011 04:51 GMT
#30
Nice. Thanks for listening to us
@ggmonx
MBH
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 20:15:34
November 13 2011 20:11 GMT
#31
I disagree because I am currently Rank 1 in the NASL hehe...
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 14 2011 00:27 GMT
#32
Thanks for the update. Nice job Diamond and Toast.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 02:27:37
November 14 2011 02:26 GMT
#33
Glad to see this change the NASL matches have been underwhelming as well sometimes coming down to who is slumping worse.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
November 14 2011 03:02 GMT
#34
awesome. I can finally go back to doing my liquibet with some reasonable certainty in mind :D
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft778
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 548
ggaemo 377
Stork 322
Leta 222
PianO 70
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Reynor80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King217
Westballz55
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor664
Other Games
summit1g9502
C9.Mang0295
PiGStarcraft176
Sick154
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Lourlo1356
• Stunt506
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 34m
Online Event
4h 34m
FEL
9h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.