• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9862 users

Remove NASL reg season from Liquibet?

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 18:52:06
November 01 2011 18:40 GMT
#1
So I really like Liquibet and like to really think about the picks. I look at criteria like how the players match up, current balance (ie: is T dominating Z right now? P can't win vs Z?) , how the player is doing currently, etc.

However NASL is casting stuff that 4-8 weeks old (some of it still on the last patch) which shoots two of those things right in the foot.

It's impossible to judge the metagame of when the matches were played cause NASL is not upfront about their delays, and a player that was hot 8 weeks ago might be slumping now.

Just seems like it really throws off the whole idea of making a proper liquibet when you can't account for all these variables.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 01 2011 18:56 GMT
#2
NASL also has a lot of games. So, it's a lot of old games clogging up liquibets.

Personally I just click on the NASL games quickly judging who could possibly win the game. With the sheer volume of games and their age Diamond has a very good point.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 01 2011 19:09 GMT
#3
I agree fully with both posts.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 01 2011 19:46 GMT
#4
I second this change
@ggmonx
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 01 2011 19:58 GMT
#5
I agree, some of it is way behind so you're betting on unsure grounds.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
November 01 2011 20:43 GMT
#6
i dont do liquidbets, but if I would, I'd want NASL off. The games are so delayed, so it makes things pretty inconsistent imo
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 01 2011 20:47 GMT
#7


I made a similar thread about this issue. You should check the polls out as they are in favour of removing NASL.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=281632
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Phobbers
Profile Joined May 2011
773 Posts
November 01 2011 20:49 GMT
#8
It seems to be that the general feel is that the delayed games hurt it a tad bit, and I would have to say I am in that exact same boat. It feels sometimes when I see the yellow little number in the top left hand corner of my screen and I go to it to see NASL, there is a great big sigh that comes from me.
EG/C9/ALL/TSM
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 01 2011 20:49 GMT
#9
Poll: Which of the following do you follow?

GSL (149)
75%

Both (43)
22%

NASL (8)
4%



Poll: Do you think NASL should be on liquibets?

No (144)
61%

Yes (70)
29%

I'm not sure (24)
10%
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 01 2011 21:03 GMT
#10
I agree. I think only GSL should be on there like it always was.
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
November 01 2011 21:18 GMT
#11
I think GSL and tournaments that can easily be put on liquibet with high caliber players e.g. Dreamhack invitationals, asus rog etc. Nasl is too hard to accurately bet on due to not knowing times games were played vs players performance at those times.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
November 01 2011 21:19 GMT
#12
I'd be overjoyed if TL threw in other tourneys like IGN, IEM, MLG, Blizzcon, etc. etc.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 01 2011 21:27 GMT
#13
I agree, NASL has old games, but my biggest concern is the amount of games that choke out the display and make it more difficult to find the matches I actually care about.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
November 01 2011 21:49 GMT
#14
Yeah, I think it should be removed too, but I think that I would like it if they found something they could replace it with. Really sucks that they stream it 4-8 weeks late because you are basically just guessing on if the player should be jet lagged or really any list of an absurd amount of variables.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 22:07:59
November 01 2011 22:06 GMT
#15
Wow, I did not realize that NASL's stuff was quite that old, thanks for the heads up Diamond. To me that does present a major issue.

Personally, I don't watch or really follow NASL, I feel that there really isn't any coherence or continuity between the matches like you get in a tournament like GSL. I also feel like many of the players in NASL their skill level is drastically lower than what is present in the GSL. I don't mean to disrespect these players, but it's just the truth. Honestly, there is a slippery slope here, if NASL is put in, then why not ESL's weekely Go4SC2, or IEM, or IPL. What does NASL have that those tournaments do not?

JonnyLaw also has a good point about the volume of games.

So I support this suggestion 100%
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
November 01 2011 22:14 GMT
#16
I don't mind because I pick based on my gut feeling and not by doing nearly as much research as you. But having 84 new Liquibets every day is damn tiring.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
November 01 2011 22:58 GMT
#17
I agree, NASL votes are pretty much a shot in the dark for me because we don't know how long ago these games were played and some being on the last patch changes things. In general I don't even think Liquibet should ever include games that were already played in case of any unfortunate leaks among other things pointed out here.
Taengoo ♥
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
November 01 2011 23:59 GMT
#18
On November 02 2011 07:14 tofucake wrote:
I don't mind because I pick based on my gut feeling and not by doing nearly as much research as you. But having 84 new Liquibets every day is damn tiring.

My problem with this is that usually gut feeling is going to take SOMETHING into effect rather than just "I like the look of his name". You can't take into account recent performance/tournament results, nor do you even know what patch the games were played on necessarily (at this point it's probably a good bet everything is on the latest patch, but in the past even many weeks after the patch was released some of the games were still old patch).

I agree betting shouldn't be done on NASL because of that.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 02 2011 01:51 GMT
#19
On November 02 2011 07:06 TheToast wrote:
Honestly, there is a slippery slope here, if NASL is put in, then why not ESL's weekely Go4SC2, or IEM, or IPL. What does NASL have that those tournaments do not?


NASL has a timeline of weeks. This gives us time to bet on games and (someone?) to insert liquibet candidates.

IPL3, IEM, Dreamhack, are all played over a weekend. This means you'd need to watch live to guess the winners of more than the pools or first round of play.

NASL, GSL and TSL are the three tournaments I've seen in starcraft which are more suited for a liquibet style system on a community site.

That being said, I stick with my earlier sentiments.
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
November 02 2011 18:33 GMT
#20
would be interesting if a mod / tl staff commented
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft314
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta76
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft590
PiGStarcraft314
RuFF_SC2 195
SpeCial 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 115
Leta 79
Hyuk 48
Bale 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
taco 423
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox833
C9.Mang0290
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick126
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota262
League of Legends
• Lourlo1040
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 43m
Online Event
6h 43m
FEL
11h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.