• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

[Spoilers] eSTRO vs ACE Winners' Interviews

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 17:28:08
May 03 2009 16:47 GMT
#1
3000th Post, Go!

[image loading]

Manliest team ever.


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with GoRush] +

GoRush: "I will make sure our team gets our winning rate to 50%."
"I am glad to start off what would be today's win."


[image loading]


Air Force ACE's (Z)GoRush defeated (Z)hyvaa in their match against eSTRO, held on the 3rd of May at the Yongsan e-Sports Indoor Stadium.

The following is the interview with GoRush.

- You have successfully won your first game since your entry into ACE.
▲ I am happy that the team won. I feel even more valued since I started off what would be our team's win today.

- Your previous loss must have been very disappointing.
▲ Content-wise, it was very disappointing. The coaches and my senior-ranked officers had high expectations of me, but I lost helplessly without being able to do anything, so I felt very upset and disappointed.

- You seemed to have adjusted to the team very quickly.
▲ It is still too early to judge on that. I will look to wait and see a bit longer, but I don't think I became weaker (in Starcraft) after my return from the training academy. I did not feel much different before and after the training. I only took a long break from gaming so I will have to work harder, but that is not really a big problem.

- Your micro today was great.
▲ It was a situation where I could fight to my advantage. I killed his overlord with my scourge and my opponent could not build additional units, that's why it seemed my micro was better. I don't think I can micro to my fullest ability on stage yet.

- The addition of you and (T)XellOs seems to be going to be of great help.
▲ When we were still out in the society, we were once in the same team and have even attended the same school together so we are quite close to each other. I think we will be great comrades as we live our army life together. As long as Xellos does his job when he joins our team, we would get along well (laughs). Even regarding the game itself, we know each other well so we would be of great help. Xellos is the one who gave me the greatest help when I won my MSL title.

- Any future targets?
▲ I saw our team's record, and it was 5 wins 33 losses. We need to quickly get 28 wins and get our winning rate over 50%. I told my fans that I'll be the first player from ACE to win a Starleague title, and although I am still lacking, I will try my hardest as the mindset of a challenger is beautiful.

- Any final words?
▲ I lost so helplessly in my first match, but I was given another chance by my coach, so I am thankful for that. Today's strategy was used by Sergeant (Z)OversKy when he first played on Battle Royal and won, and it was because he taught me that strategy that I won today. Also, I won today also because Private (Z)YellOw helped me with practice. I want to say thanks to everyone.


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Daezang] +

Daezang: "I am confident that I will not lose without being able to do anything anymore."
"I can feel the positive change in our team's morale."


[image loading]


Air Force ACE's (P)DaezanG defeated (T)Really in their match against eSTRO, held on the 3rd of May at the Yongsan e-Sports Indoor Stadium.

The following is the interview with Daezang.

- Your thoughts on your first win of Round 4?
▲ It is the fact that winning makes one happy. I had prepared builds but as the game progressed, I just played impromptu. I dealt a lot of damage early on, so my reaver was able to harass as it pleased. I got my first win happily, so I feel great.

- You kept your reaver alive until the game ended.
▲ I just left it there without any special thoughts. I had to load my high templars into the shuttle, so I just left it behind.

- Your reaver performance was breathtaking.
▲ I destroyed his supply depot early in the game so my opponent was unable to defend from the reaver. I chose to tech to reaver without an expo, which was why I was able to do damage, but it turned out that I did way more damage than I thought.

- How is your team's recent morale?
▲ There is definitely a positive change in our team's atmosphere, and everyone's skills are improving. With the way things are looking, we can even start winning continuously.

- You did not get sent out a lot because of (P)Reach and (P)Anytime.
▲ Before their entry into ACE, I was in complete charge of the Protoss line up so there were times when I was forced to play even when I lacked practice. That is why I accumulated a lot of stress, and I begged my coach to let me rest. During my resting period, I slowly regained my skills, and all that is left now is to show what I have achieved.

- Your outlook into Round 4 and 5?
▲ Our team is performing well recently, so even if we lose, there won't be games where we lose helplessly. Regardless of which team we are facing, we expect a fierce battle. We are greatly looking forward to the new recruits (GoRush, Xellos, Ruby, Darkelf), so I believe we will continue to get better.

- Any words to show your determination for the rest of your matches?
▲ I am consistently practicing well, so regardless of when I get sent out, I will do my best to win.


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Anytime] +

Anytime: "I finally feel like I have recovered from my slump."
"I will work even harder to perform better."


[image loading]


Air Force ACE's (P)Anytime defeated (P)SangHo in their match against eSTRO, held on the 3rd of May at the Yongsan e-Sports Indoor Stadium, sealing his team's victory.

The following is the interview with Anytime.

- You have successfully ended your 7-game losing streak.
▲ During my losing streak, I felt as though I was in a slump. I felt really frustrated, and I did not feel happy most of the time. I was in despair during practice, but ever since my game against (T)fantasy, I changed my mindset and started all over again. I lost disappointingly that time, but I could feel my game sense coming back to life. I prepared a strategy that will definitely work and help me win, and I won because it worked well. I feel glad to have won after so long.

- You played when the score was 2:1 in your favor. Did you feel pressured?
▲ Personally, I have a lot of experience playing and winning when the score was 2:1 in my favor, both when I was in Hwaseung and in ACE. Also, I somehow felt that I would win today. 2:1 has always been my favorite score, and my prepared strategy was pretty decent as well, so I played with a light heart.

- Your strategy today was good.
▲ I told myself that since I had already prepared this strategy beforehand, regardless of what Sangho does, I will use this strategy. My scouting probe was killed early so I was taken slightly aback, but other than that, it was not very different than as per during practice.

- After the entry of the new recruits, the practice environment seemed to have improved a lot.
▲ Our atmosphere has improved with the joining of the new recruits. Our team members have gotten into the OSL, and we also went Win-Lose-Win after ending our 11-game losing streak, so I can definitely feel the positive change in our team's atmosphere. Everyone is feeling very confident, so when the new recruits join us, we can aim even higher.

- You must be envious of GoRush and Casy's qualification into the OSL.
▲ I am envious. I was eliminated by (P)SoO, but actually I anticipated to play against (Z)RorO, so I focused on practicing against Zerg. I did not think too much about SoO, and I think that was what led to my elimination. (T)Casy and (Z)GoRush have been practicing hard lately, and I think that paid off. I felt that I have to work a little bit harder.

- ACE's Protoss line up seems to be the strongest.
▲ If people see it that way, then it is a good thing. Private (Z)YellOw is practicing really hard, but his results aren't showing so it really is a pity. I personally like YellOw so it is even more of a pity. For the Terran line up, Casy is doing well while for the Zerg line up, GoRush is slowly doing his part, so I think our team has all the line ups covered well.

- Your determination for Round 4.
▲ I feel very sorry towards my fans and my parents for losing so much recently. If I win just once, I feel that I can start winning again, and now that that has become true, I will work hard with that mindset and show the same good performance I displayed in Round 3.

- Any final words?
▲ I feel sorry for my coach and teammates for all my losses so far. Now that we have successfully turned the tables around, I hope we can all work hard together. I want to thank Samsung Khan's (P)yoOn for helping me with practice.


Sources:
Interview with GoRush
Interview with Daezang
Interview with Anytime

Happy reading! Feedback and corrections welcome!
POGGERS
Fredflintstone
Profile Joined January 2009
439 Posts
May 03 2009 17:00 GMT
#2
Thanks!
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 17:04:31
May 03 2009 17:04 GMT
#3
Awesome interviews! I'm glad that ACE has some power in them and doesn't lose all the time.

Power of the legends gogo!
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
wiesel
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany727 Posts
May 03 2009 17:07 GMT
#4
Awesome, thanks!
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 03 2009 17:15 GMT
#5
Bump, getting buried again =/
POGGERS
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
May 03 2009 17:33 GMT
#6
ACE is pretty unpredictable, but I have a feeling they'll soon go into another losing streak, would be nice to be wrong though :D.
No I'm never serious.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
May 03 2009 17:37 GMT
#7
Thanks for another awesome translation! Daezang's reaver demolition in his game was so amazing.

Does Anytime look tired to anyone else?
Liquipedia
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 03 2009 17:44 GMT
#8
Go oldies!
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
May 03 2009 18:08 GMT
#9
Sergeant OversKy. Awesome.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
littlechava
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States7221 Posts
May 03 2009 18:08 GMT
#10
I hope ACE starts winning more =] pretty awesome
Entusman #12
SingletonWilliam
Profile Joined April 2008
United States664 Posts
May 03 2009 18:23 GMT
#11
Thanks for the interviews Konadora
Aegraen #1 Fan!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
May 03 2009 18:23 GMT
#12
Wow Oversky is at Sergeant rank already??
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
piratebay
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States399 Posts
May 03 2009 18:36 GMT
#13
hahaha, anytime talking about yellow keeps reminding me of the sick dt rush he did against him. pity yellow, pity him more~~
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
May 03 2009 18:44 GMT
#14
thanks~
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 18:49:12
May 03 2009 18:45 GMT
#15
3,000th post already?!?

konadora really is a machine imo

Either that, or he's actually a group of 5 guys who take shifts posting at TL

Thanks for the translations! DZ > Really was such a sick game!

lol @ "Sergeant OversKy" and "Private YellOw"
✌
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
May 03 2009 18:47 GMT
#16
Great Job mate, your efforts are appreciated. I believe we're looking at the man who could take down haji's posting record. And by the rate if your posting, we might not even have to wait a very long time for that.
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 03 2009 18:49 GMT
#17
I might hit 5k before my birthday rofl
POGGERS
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 18:56:13
May 03 2009 18:51 GMT
#18
Hell fucking yes!!! ACE fighting!!!

konadora is one of the best SCVs for sure!

Edit: konadora ~1000 posts per month, ~12000 posts per year if he keeps it up o.O
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
May 03 2009 19:31 GMT
#19
On May 04 2009 01:47 konadora wrote:

- Any future targets?
▲ I saw our team's record, and it was 5 wins 33 losses. We need to quickly get 28 wins and get our winning rate over 50%.


Haha GoRush is awesome. Thanks for translating.
BW forever || Thall
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
May 03 2009 19:39 GMT
#20
I see now. Park Dae Man :D
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 146
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 214
Dewaltoss 111
Hyuk 67
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift2082
Counter-Strike
fl0m1516
Fnx 753
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5096
Khaldor1039
crisheroes894
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g8006
FrodaN3110
shahzam435
KnowMe330
XBOCT308
C9.Mang0191
ArmadaUGS130
ZombieGrub45
Trikslyr28
CosmosSc2 21
PPMD14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2997
Other Games
• imaqtpie844
• Shiphtur281
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 11m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 11m
Online Event
14h 11m
FEL
19h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.