• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:27
CEST 10:27
KST 17:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10521 users

[Interview] Hite vs Hwaseung Winners!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 12:30:39
April 13 2009 08:20 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [No prizes for guessing who won] +

+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Hiya] +

Hiya: I'll set my next target after I achieving my target of 30 wins.
"I'm even happier that I won on a map I practiced less on."


[image loading]


(T)HiyA contributed to his team's victory over Hite Sparkyz, held on the 11th at the Yongsan e-Sports Stadium, for the Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1.

The following is the interview with Hiya.

- You helped to lead your team to victory.
▲ We started off well so I'm happy. Our team has yet to adjust completely to the new maps, so I'm even happier that we won.

- How did you prepare yourself?
▲ We just practiced as usual with our teammates and thought of build orders. Despite the short practice time we had, it was not as tough as I thought.

- You played against HoRang2.
▲ HoRang2 relies heavily on tactics and strategy, so (P)Spear said that as long as I entered mid-game to late-game without much difficulties, I will win. So when I was not defeated early game, I thought I was at an advantage (laugh). But as the game progressed, I realised that it wasn't the case.

- You seemed shaken by his arbiter's recalls.
▲ I saw the arbiter way too late. If (his) dragoons had destroyed my command center, I would have lost, but I defended his recalls quite easily, so I think from now on, I will be able to perform much better.

- Your dropship play helped you to win the game.
▲ If (his) arbiters and dragoons were at my entrance, it would have been difficult for me to push out, but he fell for my dropship attack easily.

- You must have have felt an ever greater sense of responsibility after the departure of ForGG.
▲ I have the mindset that I just have to do well. I'm just a bit lonely that there is no one to poke fun with. (laugh)

- Are you confident for Round 4?
▲ I feel that I did not perform enough for Round 1 and 2. I performed well in Round 3, and I intend to continue to do so for Round 4.

- Is your target for this season still the same?
▲ My initial target was 30 wins. I want to meet that target before setting a new target.

- Final comments?
▲ Lomo, Notice and I helped Jaedong for his OSL final without resting. We helped him to the point of getting nosebleeds, but we've yet to see any reward for our efforts (laughs). Ever since his first OSL final, Jaedong has been saying that there will be something nice for us in the future, but there's nothing still. I just hope he acknowledges that we care that much! (laughs).


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Jaedong] +

Jaedong: I just have a different mindset.
"I have confidence in my matches against Zergs."


[image loading]


(Z)Jaedong helped to secure his team's victory over Hite Sparkyz, held on the 11th at the Yongsan e-Sports Stadium, for the Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1 by winning twice in a day.

Jaedong managed to win both games which were Zerg mirror match ups that were hanging by a thread, once again proving that he is the best Zerg player.

The following is the interview with Jaedong.

- You won twice today, leading your team to victory.
▲ My condition today was not so good. I was not feeling so good since yesterday, and I was worried that it may affect my game play today, but luckily, it did not affect it as much, so I'm relieved. We started off well, and I'm very happy about that.

- You are showing incredible play against Zergs. What is your secret?
▲ It's a question I've been asked a lot. Rather than any secret, I'll say it's the difference in the mindset before the start of the game. I always believe that I will not lose in a Zerg mirror match up, and I think that reflects my play. I feel even more confidence when I play against a Zerg, and I think that is what is helping me to perform well. I believe that even if I am at a disadvantage, I will be able to win, and hence my good results.

- How did you prepare?
▲ I was very late in preparing for the matches, and I barely practiced. That is why I focused even harder during practice, and I spent my time wisely, thinking about the time when I was practicing the new maps at the start of this (08-09) season.

- You started off your game (set 2) at a disadvantage.
▲ (Z)YellOw[ArnC] hyung (t/l note: way of calling a close elder male, like a brotherly figure) played mindgames with me by changing his direction of his scouting overlord. I went for 13 pool, so I thought I was going to lose the game, but somehow I managed to defend his attacks, and through good management, I managed to slowly make a come back. Afterwards, YellOw[ArnC] hyung made a lot of mistakes which helped me win the game in the end.

- YellOw[ArnC] was sent out in the ace match.
▲ I am confident about my over 80% ZvZ win rate. It was because of that confidence that I just knew I was going to win.

- There were some danger moments in the ace match as well.
▲ He played in a way I totally did not anticipate. He tried to end the game with zerglings early in the game, but I managed to gain a bit by killing quite a lot of his zerglings, so I was able to overcome that dangerous moment.

- You are now ranked number 1 in the overall win-rate. Any targets?
▲ I did not have any specific thoughts. I'll be content with being number 1, and I'll put in my best for my remaining matches.

- Are you worried about the 'Winner's Jinx'? (I assume this is the OSL Curse, but I don't know)
▲ I believe that if you yourself stop having such thoughts, then it will mean nothing. Even if I suffer a slump after winning, as long as I do not blame it on the jinx, it will not mean anything. I continue to play the same as before and after the win, so even if I do somehow slump, I will not blame it on the jinx.

- Hiya keeps bringing up the topic of you sponsoring a celebration for your teammates after your victory.... (Refers to general Korean culture where someone might buy his friends a meal and drinks after a special event).
▲ No one said a word, but Hiya loves to bring it up (Laughs). I think he's a bit too sensitive. I probably gave him high hopes (laughs).


The pics... They just swapped positions rofl.

Sources:
Interview with Hiya
Interview with Jaedong


As usual, feedback and corrections are welcome
Many thanks to waxangel for discovering a serious translation error, sorry for the mistranslation!
POGGERS
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 13 2009 08:21 GMT
#2
Also, sorry for the delay, I've been feeling sick the past few days, and I have to start attending school again starting tomorrow, so there will be less translations done by me from tomorrow onwards. Look forward to Smix when she comes back next week ^^;
POGGERS
FearDarkness
Profile Joined February 2009
United States519 Posts
April 13 2009 08:26 GMT
#3
- Any final words?
▲ Lomo, ggaemo, Jaedong and I practiced non-stop without resting. We even helped out until our noses bled, but as of yet, we did not receive any thanks (laughs). We said that we will perform well everyday after our win in the Finals, but that is not happening yet. But we are trying our best, so I help everyone will understand our feelings (laughs).

After their win in the 07 finals i'm assuming, or is that a mistake of loss in the finals?

Lol at Jaedong just chilling at the back.
Can't spell Voidrays without Idra
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
April 13 2009 08:26 GMT
#4
thanks~~

and holy shit @bleeding noses lol
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
April 13 2009 08:26 GMT
#5
big THX
Lenwe
Profile Joined March 2008
Netherlands757 Posts
April 13 2009 08:31 GMT
#6
Thanks a lot man. And no need to apologize for the delay or the fact that you are more busy from now on. Good luck with school.
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
April 13 2009 08:33 GMT
#7
wtf bleeding noses :|

Thanks konadora!
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
April 13 2009 08:38 GMT
#8
Thanks for translation!
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 08:42:31
April 13 2009 08:42 GMT
#9
[image loading]


Edit: ya ok, that's pretty gross

sorry
✌
Nanoo
Profile Joined March 2009
229 Posts
April 13 2009 08:45 GMT
#10
no prob 4 delay....thanx a lot konadora...
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 13 2009 08:46 GMT
#11
On April 13 2009 17:26 FearDarkness wrote:
- Any final words?
▲ Lomo, ggaemo, Jaedong and I practiced non-stop without resting. We even helped out until our noses bled, but as of yet, we did not receive any thanks (laughs). We said that we will perform well everyday after our win in the Finals, but that is not happening yet. But we are trying our best, so I help everyone will understand our feelings (laughs).

After their win in the 07 finals i'm assuming, or is that a mistake of loss in the finals?

Lol at Jaedong just chilling at the back.

The 07 finals.
POGGERS
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
April 13 2009 08:55 GMT
#12
HoRang2 relies heavily on tactics and strategy, so (P)Spear said that as long as I entered mid-game to late-game without much difficulties, I will win.

Ouch
brood war for life, brood war forever
inlagdsil
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada957 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 08:58:10
April 13 2009 08:56 GMT
#13
Wasn't Jaedong's 2set game against Yellow and not Luxury?

EDIT: For sure you got the twin wrong. Lux is on KTF, Yellow is on Hite.
Anyway, thank you very much for the translation!
There is nothing cuter than a zergling when it has just started taking crack
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
April 13 2009 08:56 GMT
#14
Didn't you say Luxury instead of YellOw[Arnc] in the Jaedong intervew? Thanks a lot for the interview : )
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
April 13 2009 09:02 GMT
#15
JD talks a lot about psychology in his iviews. I think he's this great because he fully realizes the importance of it.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 13 2009 09:05 GMT
#16
AH SHIT

I keep getting those two confused, very very sorry lol
POGGERS
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 09:09:37
April 13 2009 09:09 GMT
#17
Not luxury but Yello[arnc], more important:

▲ I prepared very late for the matches, and I barely practiced.

preparing til very late is the opposite of barely practicing, sg is wrong there.

▲I believe that even if I am at an advantage, I will be able to win,

ofc he wins if he has an advantage, maybe he said disadvantage, didn't he?
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 13 2009 09:09 GMT
#18
Yellow[ArnC] not Luxury

박찬수 is Luxury
박명수 is Yellow[ArnC]
Commentator
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 13 2009 09:25 GMT
#19
Thanks for all the corrections, my mind's been going haywire these few days with all the fever and headache.
POGGERS
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 13 2009 09:30 GMT
#20
Please don't burn your self out. In Teamliquid's past history, it has shown that translators tend to just dissapear into thin air after they burn themselves out.
Commentator
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 491
Hyuk 309
910 205
Dewaltoss 68
Killer 48
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 27
Bale 23
Shinee 22
yabsab 19
[ Show more ]
Mind 16
Noble 11
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 473
Counter-Strike
olofmeister862
ceh9538
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1851
Khaldor409
Other Games
singsing950
Sick255
Mew2King152
XBOCT103
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream300
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH150
• LUISG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2308
League of Legends
• Jankos967
• Stunt569
Other Games
• WagamamaTV38
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 33m
Stellar Fest
4h 33m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.