• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:47
CEST 10:47
KST 17:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9820 users

Clarity Bop - Zerg Replay Pack #2!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
February 20 2014 01:45 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Thanks to DUCKVILLELOL for the VOD!

[image loading]
Download here!




Hey, I'm (Wiki)Clarity Gaming’s Nick “(Wiki)Bop” Brock, back with another replay pack! I’m excited to show you how my play has changed, improved and evolved since my first replay pack!

My creep spread has improved dramatically, due to a better understanding of map structure. I’ve also started limiting my number of tumors to two per direction; I’ve learned that two is all you actually need to get the creep as far out as you need to by the time the cooldown is up.

My play has also gone more towards standard play. I used what I learned I could get away with from playing unorthodox or “goofy” styles and applied it to standard play. Carving that out has made a still-somewhat-unorthodox style feel very comfortable and “right” in my hands.

I recently read Ver’s “God of the Battlefield” series on TeamLiquid (Part 1 / Part 2) and was inspired by the idea that sAviOr would practice other races to gain better understandings of his own matchups. After practicing Terran under the tutelage of Clarity’s own (Wiki)ElhayM and his replay pack, and Protoss with some help from (Wiki)Kontinue’s replay pack (ElhayM / Kontinue), my play has improved in those matchups substantially. Playing PvZ and TvZ from the non-Zerg perspectives has done a fantastic job of showing me what I should try to do damage to, what their weaknesses are, and how best to exploit them. I also am currently playing both Terran and Protoss at a Master level.



[image loading]


In ZvZ, I’m trying to transition into more standard roach styles. However, that doesn’t stop me from still letting my own personal playstyle shine through. I still utilize Nydus play routinely, both in macro and all-in strategies. I have also made it a point to keep my play on the aggressive side of things, and no composition is off-limits to achieve this style. Counterattacking is still of the utmost importance, especially in Ling vs Roach styles. Run-by success rates stay high as a result of my higher APM, which allows me to properly tax their multitasking.

[image loading]
I didn’t choose the Nydus life; the Nydus life chose me.

I still maintain a Brood War mentality in this matchup, holding the position of the aggressor throughout the entire game, while expanding and macroing behind it. Keeping them on the back foot creates so many opportunities and so much space for me to effectively do whatever I want.

Watching Symbol’s yet-short-lived stream taught me that you can use Nydus Worms positionally (pulling their army out of position to get a better position for yourself and improve the quality of engagements you can take). Most of the other changes I’ve made have been more minor and nuanced, and will hopefully be noticeable.



[image loading]


This matchup hasn’t changed too much; it remains my strongest matchup and, as such, lends itself well to practicing macro styles. One substantial change, though, is that my creep spread has much-improved the space I have to take engagements. Both gas and gasless openings function well in this matchup; both are safer because my new method of limiting tumors in spreading creep has also left my Queens with more energy for Transfuses. I’ve been working more within Lair-based compositions that allow me to stay aggressive. I go to Hive as soon as I take a major engagement, since they’ll be at a deficit where they have less aggressive options to stop such transitions (as learned from watching (Wiki)DongRaeGu’s stream.

[image loading]
Every unit has an application against Terran, even heavy Hydra.

Studying and practicing both Bio and Mech styles of Terran has given me invaluable insight. Learning Terran builds has also helped me identify and exploit the holes in build orders, and lets me find the best moments to push, harass, or take fights. I also better-know when to take engagements, how strong a parade push will be, where rallies end up going, etc.. This all-encompassingly lets me stay as aggressive as I’m comfortable being, by also showing me when and where the best times to take engagements are. The main subjects of my study of Terran have been (Wiki)Bomber, (Wiki)Maru, and (Wiki)Bbyong.



[image loading]


This matchup is still where I feel the most comfortable pushing the envelope of what Zerg is capable of. Again, nothing is off-limits; the matchup remains dynamic enough that the basics of the other matchups hold little meaning. Recovering from deficits is more common, engagements are more meaningful, and experimentation is more rewarding. Low-tech aggression and high-tech defense are equally viable, as is everything in-between. Where many struggle with Skytoss styles, I use Queens and a ton of patience to deal with such compositions. The key to dealing with air is not getting too anxious.

[image loading]
Making myself at home in his home, again.

Nyduses are still a major facet of my play, especially in terms of countering high-tech builds. Using heavy Queen compositions in such games is key; between spreading creep in their base and being resilient against air, I feel like they are the unit that holds the idea of Nydus play together. There’s not a whole lot of outside influence on this style; it’s been largely experiential and is the only matchup that remains entirely self-taught. This matchup is my idea farm.



There's 18 replays in this pack. 6 ZvP, 6 ZvT, and 6 ZvZ. The vast majority of these games have been against top-8 Master or GM-level players on ranked NA ladder. All replays are labeled with tags that will help identify the content of the replay. I made it a point to include a variety of different strategies and situations, so hopefully there will be something for everyone!

I’ve been streaming pretty frequently lately. I appreciate any feedback or input on my strategies, style, reactions, or anything within a more narrow or wide scope.

Also, please support me, and my team, Clarity Gaming, and please support our sponsor, Ownaj! Also, special thanks to DUCKVILLELOL for the VOD that accompanied this release!


[image loading]
[image loading]@ClairtyBop
[image loading]Twitch.TV/Boppo
[image loading]GGTracker


[image loading]
[image loading] @Clarity_Gaming
[image loading]Facebook.com/ClarityGaming
[image loading]Twitch.TV/Clarity_Gaming
[image loading] ClarityGaming.com

[image loading]




WonDeRSC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States234 Posts
February 20 2014 05:05 GMT
#2
Nice replay pack bop
Excited to watch them!
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
February 20 2014 05:09 GMT
#3
Any way to get a .zip pack? Thanks though
Life..
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-20 23:37:00
February 20 2014 05:13 GMT
#4
On February 20 2014 14:09 -RusH wrote:
Any way to get a .zip pack? Thanks though

http://bit.ly/1mc56n1 here you go! heres a zip thingy
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
February 20 2014 05:16 GMT
#5
On February 20 2014 14:13 Bop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2014 14:09 -RusH wrote:
Any way to get a .zip pack? Thanks though

http://bit.ly/1fiCir5 here you go! heres a zip thingy

Page not found.
Life..
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-20 05:25:30
February 20 2014 05:25 GMT
#6
http://bit.ly/1mc56n1 Mediafire deleted it for some reason originally ><
theonlyshaft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-20 09:04:00
February 20 2014 09:03 GMT
#7
I can't wait to watch some of these Nick You know where I'll be posting the vods ^_^
Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, — quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes
Treisk
Profile Joined June 2012
United States59 Posts
February 20 2014 18:11 GMT
#8
Great work as always, Bop!
CrashD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States40 Posts
February 23 2014 01:57 GMT
#9
Thianks for all the work! its awesome!
"I'm an optimist, and if I was on team prime then I would be optimus prime" Tasteless
BestWaffelz
Profile Joined November 2012
14 Posts
February 23 2014 12:29 GMT
#10
Nice replay pack, interesting to see your perspective on Zerg!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 917
Soulkey 334
Soma 219
Larva 161
Mind 71
ZerO 52
soO 28
scan(afreeca) 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
zelot 9
League of Legends
JimRising 571
Counter-Strike
edward173
Other Games
summit1g7935
singsing1371
WinterStarcraft692
Coldzera 675
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
BasetradeTV238
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2266
League of Legends
• Jankos1962
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.