• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8043 users

Clarity Bop - Zerg Replay Pack #1! (15 Replays)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
December 10 2013 22:42 GMT
#1
[image loading]

[image loading]
Download here!




Hi, I'm Nick Brock, and my ID is (Wiki)Bop. I play for (Wiki)Clarity Gaming. I’m a 19-year-old Zerg player from California. I pride myself on creative, reactive, fast-paced play. I've been top Masters for the last few seasons, but took an extended break. Now that I'm back in full swing, I'm making a big push for Grand Master!



[image loading]


In ZvZ, I find myself committing to aggression, constantly attacking several points and out-multitasking my opponents. I mostly use upgrade-heavy Ling styles with a blatant disregard for tech, as I find Roach/Hydra styles to be largely inefficient without using Nydus, Drops, other means of supporting that composition.

[image loading]
Creating a weakness, then exploiting it.

I feel like being the aggressor is the key focus of my ZvZ, taxing my opponent’s APM, imposing your will on them, and forcing them to make mistakes (a method inspired by Liquid.TLO). I’m confident enough in my mechanics that keeping my opponent on the back foot can create leads and advantages where I wouldn’t normally have one. Upgraded lings are the best way for me to take advantage of that strength in my style.



[image loading]


ZvT has felt like my strongest matchup for a while, and also happens to be the matchup I play closest to standard in. I consistently find openings that have me ending games near the mid-20-minute mark. In extreme late-game situations, I go back to my roots with multi-pronged aggression and exposing the weaknesses I create. This facet of my play is inspired by my experiences watching Brood War.

I tend to favor a standard gasless opener, into a Muta/Ling/Bane mid-game style. And, where most players find themselves transitioning to Infestor/Ultra, I hit hard and fast and attempt to end the game.

[image loading]
Being attacked from all angles by at LEAST 24 Swarm Hosts.

When Mech happens, I’m more than comfortable transitioning into Host/Roach/Hydra, and I’m able to get away with this a lot better because of how much my creep spread has improved recently. Map control is still one of the facets I’m working the hardest on improving, and I feel like it’s coming along nicely. I also really love playing in hyper-late-game situations, because it’s when I’m the most free to think outside the box for solutions to problems.



[image loading]


ZvP is the matchup I feel like I really need to get creative in, so a lot of what you see here is how I currently play -- experimental, moderately goofy, and unorthodox. I’m not entirely comfortable on the back foot right now, but it’s coming along, and when I do manage to defend it tends to be explosive and scrappy.

Versus Protoss is one of the matchups I experiment in the most, ranging from proxy hatches to nydus play, and even standardish aggressive roach styles

[image loading]
Making myself at home in his home

I work with everything from proxy hatches, to Nydus all-ins, to closer-to-standard roach-max pushes. My goal vP is to overwhelm and contain the Protoss and force them to deal with me, and catch them off-guard. Keeping a level head is key to making this style work, because any small mistake can unravel the entire plan. But if it works, it keeps them on the back foot. High risk, high reward!



There's 15 replays in this pack. 7 ZvP, 4 ZvT, and 4 ZvZ. I've been hitting a lot of Protoss on ladder as of late, which is unfortunate because ZvT is my favorite matchup, and ZvZ is the one I want to work on the most. Still, every replay is from the current patch (2.0.12) and should fit fairly well into the current meta.

The vast majority of these games should be vs other high-Master or GM-level players on ranked NA ladder. All replays are labeled with a rough description of the game/builds as well as the match-up. I made it a point to include a variety of different strategies and situations, so hopefully there will be something for everyone!

Now that I have functioning internet again, I've been streaming for a few hours each day. I appreciate any feedback or input on my strategies, style, reactions, or anything within a more narrow or wide scope.

Also, please support me, and my team, Clarity Gaming!


[image loading]
[image loading]@ClairtyBop
[image loading]Twitch.TV/Boppo
[image loading]GGTracker


[image loading]
[image loading] @Clarity_Gaming
[image loading]Facebook.com/ClarityGaming
[image loading]Twitch.TV/Clarity_Gaming
[image loading] ClarityGaming.com

[image loading]


TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
December 10 2013 22:46 GMT
#2
You might want to change that signature from EG o.o

Otherwise i'll direct a few lower level friends to this pack, thanks for doing it but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about a masters player releasing a rep pack...
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
WonDeRSC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States234 Posts
December 10 2013 23:02 GMT
#3
nice replay pack bop!
good to help any zergs that want to see something else.
krelian
Profile Joined August 2010
48 Posts
December 10 2013 23:17 GMT
#4
Thanks for the pack. Downloading!
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
December 10 2013 23:28 GMT
#5
I adore how much effort you and Bones (generally "clarity" or "ex clarity" guys) put into replay pack posts. Community needs more of this. Helps get attention to your rep pack, helps people understand what they are downloading, and so on. Going to have a look myself, thanks Bop!
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
DanJinwonKim
Profile Joined March 2011
United States11 Posts
December 10 2013 23:31 GMT
#6
these pictures of the replay tells me that many people got boped
interior crocodile alligator 고추 머리
Dzerzhinsky
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland327 Posts
December 10 2013 23:49 GMT
#7
I thought that ZvT screenshot looked familiar. :D
"All science would be superfluous if the outward appearance and the essence of things coincided directly."
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
December 11 2013 00:01 GMT
#8
On December 11 2013 08:49 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
I thought that ZvT screenshot looked familiar. :D

Was a fun game ^^
feardragon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States973 Posts
December 11 2013 00:06 GMT
#9
Wow, great way to release the replay pack! Love the effort put into this. If I can, I'll try to grab and cast some of these games!
Ok Starcraft 2 Commentator
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
December 11 2013 00:07 GMT
#10
On December 11 2013 09:06 feardragon wrote:
Wow, great way to release the replay pack! Love the effort put into this. If I can, I'll try to grab and cast some of these games!

Thanks! I would appreciate it a lot!
phipsL
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany189 Posts
December 11 2013 00:12 GMT
#11
Are there also replays from games you lost?

Anyway, very nice! I am currently practicing as much as i can and this really comes in handy
I'm a f*cking walking paradox.
Bop
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
December 11 2013 00:24 GMT
#12
On December 11 2013 09:12 phipsL wrote:
Are there also replays from games you lost?


Yep!
Arkanthiel
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines100 Posts
December 11 2013 00:25 GMT
#13
Nice. I need help in my ZvZ so I'll check it out! Thanks in advance!
Los! Los Cabadrin!
PSosa
Profile Joined February 2013
Peru23 Posts
December 11 2013 07:21 GMT
#14
Thanks dude, i will check it out tomorrow
theonlyshaft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States581 Posts
December 11 2013 09:22 GMT
#15
Thanks Bop. I used to cast with the UASL, I remember your games quite fondly. I'm definitely going to use these for some shows coming up Get in touch with me if you want links. Thanks again!
Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, — quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes
Insomni7
Profile Joined June 2011
667 Posts
December 11 2013 18:59 GMT
#16
Now you too can play Bop Zerg!
Anyone who hasn't seen this pack is missing something.
Never Forget.
Purce
Profile Joined January 2013
Italy31 Posts
December 11 2013 20:20 GMT
#17
Great post! This is the way you present a replay pack. Thank you
Treisk
Profile Joined June 2012
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-13 03:23:00
December 12 2013 07:25 GMT
#18
So happy with how this came out. Excellent work, Bop!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15108
firebathero 2253
Bisu 649
Hyuk 413
BeSt 199
Horang2 169
Sexy 123
EffOrt 115
Leta 106
Larva 104
[ Show more ]
Killer 80
Dewaltoss 79
Soma 78
Light 77
ZerO 72
ToSsGirL 43
Sharp 41
soO 41
Rush 33
Pusan 31
Shinee 24
Aegong 24
Bale 21
NaDa 19
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 12
JulyZerg 11
Noble 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 158
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1172
byalli697
kRYSTAL_32
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1035
crisheroes636
Other Games
gofns30143
singsing1625
olofmeister1065
ceh9660
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS47
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2383
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 5m
OSC
12h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.