• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7582 users

Newbie Mafia XXXIX

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 12 2013 20:34 GMT
#11
/in
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 12 2013 20:44 GMT
#13
On March 13 2013 05:37 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2013 05:34 JarJarDrinks wrote:
/in


o.O

OP says no smurfs >_>
As soon as I look that up, I'll tell you if I'm one.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 12 2013 20:47 GMT
#14
K, from what I can tell, a smurf is an alt account. I can assure you, I just opened my first account a few minutes ago. I've only ever lurked.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 03:52 GMT
#98
Hey all, Don't worry I wont lurk @ all once the game starts rolling. Being how I've never played against any of y'all I have nothing to base any read off so I probably wont throw down a vote untill everyone's posted a bit.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 12:56 GMT
#106
On March 22 2013 21:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 12:52 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Hey all, Don't worry I wont lurk @ all once the game starts rolling. Being how I've never played against any of y'all I have nothing to base any read off so I probably wont throw down a vote untill everyone's posted a bit.

It's pretty interesting you say this. How do you propose we actually get the game going if everyone acts like this?

Well ironically, it seems like my post helped get the game going . I wasn't implying that I'd just sit back and not post @ all. Just saying that I don't know much insight I can offer untill I see more from everyone. I really just wanted to tell u guys that I would most definately not be a lurker.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 13:09 GMT
#108
On March 22 2013 21:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you feel like you have to tell people you won't be lurking when nobody is even accusing you of lurking?
Why so defensive? Afraid of something?

Nobody specifically accused me of lurking, true. But there was like 3 posts telling people people to stop lurking or something similiar. Since I was one of the people who had yet to post (plus I have a vote on me), I thought I'd tell people that they needn't worry about lurking from me.

I figured that'd be better than just posting a meaningless "Hi guys, I'm in the game"
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 13:29 GMT
#111
On March 22 2013 22:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What do you think of the other posts after yours. Is there anything that stands out?
No, nothing stands out to me because aside from you, no one else has really posted anything with any actual content. And your posts all seem fine to me.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 13:41 GMT
#113
On March 22 2013 22:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
That's my point. There are three votes on people already and nobodywonder's FoS on you.
I find it really odd that people post about Harry Potter stuff when there actually is something to talk to. That doesn't really qualify as "get the game going", does it?

No it doesn't. When I said my post seemed to "get the game going", I was refering to the FoS and your post questioning me.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 13:53 GMT
#115
OK, now a post has stood out to me. This seems scummy:
On March 22 2013 22:28 TheRavensName wrote:
I gotta agree that jarjars post and hostility might be a little suspicious... however I know I did something similar in the last nmm and ended up doing some pretty decent work so I see no reason to punish it till after other people show up. Day 1 is a scary and uncertain period for those unsure how to get the ball rolling.
Pointing out that I'm suspicious and hostile (am I being hostile?) to make sure everybody else is aware of it but then posting a weak defense for me.

Basically telling everyone: You should suspect jarjar, but I don't.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 14:40 GMT
#124
- Raven is saying "JarJar might be suspicious but might not be". What's the point of saying so? Someone is suspicious or not. Mafia tends to do that because they would already know they are accusing a townie and it's easier to retract from your accusation if you give yourself an out in the first place.
The other thing it can do is set that townie up when the scummy eventually gets lynched and turns up red. Like his teammates can point out "Look, he defended jarjar" after he turns up red.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 14:41 GMT
#125
I think TheRavensName is mafia.
me too
##Vote: TheRavensName
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 19:48 GMT
#165
On March 23 2013 04:26 Frorgon wrote:
@ray

The point I was trying to make was that Raven pointed out jarjar as potentially suspicious, and then later in the same post backed off and said that the behavior could possibly explained. It's a scum move to give the appearance of suspecting someone in order to look useful, only to avoid committing to it later on. in the same post.
The impression I got was that you realized your scum buddy made a pretty scummy post and got called out on it. So you made sure to call him out as well while @ the same time trying to cast suspicion on me by implying that we were teammates:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 23:03 Frorgon wrote:
What's wrong Raven? You guys trying to cover each other's ass?
Why would you accuse him of trying to cover for me when I had just called him out on his post?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 20:30 GMT
#169
On March 23 2013 05:06 Frorgon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 22:53 JarJarDrinks wrote:
OK, now a post has stood out to me. This seems scummy:
On March 22 2013 22:28 TheRavensName wrote:
I gotta agree that jarjars post and hostility might be a little suspicious... however I know I did something similar in the last nmm and ended up doing some pretty decent work so I see no reason to punish it till after other people show up. Day 1 is a scary and uncertain period for those unsure how to get the ball rolling.
Pointing out that I'm suspicious and hostile (am I being hostile?) to make sure everybody else is aware of it but then posting a weak defense for me.

Basically telling everyone: You should suspect jarjar, but I don't.



So keep in mind what you said here jarjar. Now why would Raven suspect you and then soft defend you if he is scum and you are not? If you're town wouldn't he just push for your lynch?
I feel like the reason for that should be obvious.

Scum doesn't want to be responsible for lynching a townie but he still wants a townie lynched

So basically he points out that I'm suspicious and hostile hoping to maybe influence some people and get me lynched. Then when I turn up green, he doesn't look suspicious because he "defended" me and can go after one of the people that voted for me.

I would think that the best result for mafia is getting a townie lynched with the least amount of scum voting for that person.

And notice that he still left himself an out so he could go back to voting for me if the situation required it. He said he sees "no reason to punish it till after other people show up."
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 22 2013 21:31 GMT
#176



On March 23 2013 05:42 nobodywonder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 23:41 JarJarDrinks wrote:
I think TheRavensName is mafia.
me too
##Vote: TheRavensName


sup Jar Jar, what's with this vote? what kind of evidence is this? this is weak town play/kinda scummy: it seems like this kind of thinking: oh herp, ray thinks raven is scummy; oh i think so too => sheep vote. it's interesting/suspicious, since more or less you have identified some scummy behavior, but still only quote a sentiment...
my FoS has upgraded to a Hand of Suspicion HoS on you.


You're taking this out of context. Yeah this was one post but I had made several prior to this post already stating my reasons. In fact Ray voted for raven based on my initial read of his post.

I stated why I thought Ravens post was scummy. Then when ray posted his analysis which confirmed what I was thinking, I stated that I agreed with him in believing Raven is mafia. Not sure how you can interpret that as a sheep vote.


JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 23 2013 00:32 GMT
#188
Here's Frorgons 2nd and 3rd posts of the game:

On March 22 2013 23:03 Frorgon wrote:
What's wrong Raven? You guys trying to cover each other's ass?

On March 23 2013 04:16 Frorgon wrote:

@Rainbows

I wasn't necessarily suspicious of Raven. I was trying to provoke some more discussion, because up until that point there hadn't been much. I'd get a gist about Raven based on his response and I think I was fairly successful in that. Comparing it to the previous game I'd say as of now he leans town for me.

Does that first post sound like someone that's trying to provoke discussion or sound like someone accusing people of being scummy? It seems to me that Frorg is clearly trying to imply scumminess. But he's saying that he was just trying to get a reaction, which maybe would be believable if his next post wasn't this:
On March 23 2013 04:26 Frorgon wrote:

@ray

The point I was trying to make was that Raven pointed out jarjar as potentially suspicious, and then later in the same post backed off and said that the behavior could possibly explained. It's a scum move to give the appearance of suspecting someone in order to look useful, only to avoid committing to it later on. in the same post.
Huh? I thought you just said that your comment was to provoke discussion, NOT because you thought Raven was scummy?


So while I'm still suspicious of Raven. I don't think he looks as scummy as Frorgon does.

##Unvote: TheRavensName
##Vote: Frorgon
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 23 2013 22:03 GMT
#215
@Frorgorn, you still haven't responded to this. Can you explain why the 2 posts responding to ray and rainbows contradict each other?
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 09:32 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Here's Frorgons 2nd and 3rd posts of the game:

On March 22 2013 23:03 Frorgon wrote:
What's wrong Raven? You guys trying to cover each other's ass?

On March 23 2013 04:16 Frorgon wrote:

@Rainbows

I wasn't necessarily suspicious of Raven. I was trying to provoke some more discussion, because up until that point there hadn't been much. I'd get a gist about Raven based on his response and I think I was fairly successful in that. Comparing it to the previous game I'd say as of now he leans town for me.

Does that first post sound like someone that's trying to provoke discussion or sound like someone accusing people of being scummy? It seems to me that Frorg is clearly trying to imply scumminess. But he's saying that he was just trying to get a reaction, which maybe would be believable if his next post wasn't this:
On March 23 2013 04:26 Frorgon wrote:

@ray

The point I was trying to make was that Raven pointed out jarjar as potentially suspicious, and then later in the same post backed off and said that the behavior could possibly explained. It's a scum move to give the appearance of suspecting someone in order to look useful, only to avoid committing to it later on. in the same post.
Huh? I thought you just said that your comment was to provoke discussion, NOT because you thought Raven was scummy?


So while I'm still suspicious of Raven. I don't think he looks as scummy as Frorgon does.

##Unvote: TheRavensName
##Vote: Frorgon

JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 24 2013 17:48 GMT
#238
On March 25 2013 00:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The worst part is we should have definitely lynched Krafla. There is no question about it. Now everyone just gave him a free pass from D1. That's so incredibly dumb.
Ray, I think I've been on the same page as you most of this game. But I have to disagree with you on this one. I was online @ the deadline and could have switched to Krafla. But giving him a free pass from day 1 wasn't a concern of mine. I voted Frorgon because I thought he was the most likely to be scum. And while Kraflas one post was pretty terrible, it wasn't enough to give me a scum read. @ least nowhere near the read I had Frogorn.

When you voted for Krafla, was it because you thought he was the most likely person to be scum?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 24 2013 18:23 GMT
#242
On March 25 2013 03:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you were online, why didn't you say anything after the flip?
Why did you wait until now to come up with this?
For one, I was also under the impression night phase talking might be frowned upon. But also, I didn't really see the need to say anything. I was only responding to your post to say I disagreed w/ you about how not giving him a free pass was a good reason to vote for him.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 24 2013 18:50 GMT
#245
On March 25 2013 03:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If Krafla does not contribute on D2, are you willing to lynch him in the end of D2? If yes, then why didn't you want to lynch him in the end of D1?
As I said already, I didn't vote for him because I thought Frogorn was more likely to be scum. I can't tell you exactly what I'm willing to do @ the end of day 2. If Krafla doesn't contribute again than he's certainly someone I'm gonna suspect. But if I have a better scum read on someone, than that's where my vote is going.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
March 24 2013 19:19 GMT
#247
On March 25 2013 03:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So you are basically giving someone an option to hardcore lurk if you just find someone more scummy?
In a manner of speaking. But if he continues to lurk how he has been (especially w/ all the FoSing that I'm sure will be headed his way come daytime) then I doubt anyone else will appear as scummy to me. But you never know, someone could make a real bad slip up.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 177
Rex101
ComeBackTV 64
SteadfastSC63
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
Rex 101
SteadfastSC 63
CosmosSc2 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50359
Hyuk 1499
Jaedong 923
Soma 456
Soulkey 394
Horang2 394
EffOrt 375
BeSt 375
Mini 344
actioN 314
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Last 296
Light 269
Zeus 247
ggaemo 235
Larva 189
910 163
Rush 135
Snow 132
ZerO 105
Killer 97
Pusan 73
Mind 70
Shine 49
JYJ 45
Free 42
Creator 41
hero 39
Sharp 37
Shinee 33
sorry 26
Bale 24
Yoon 23
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 14
yabsab 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9272
Dendi693
Counter-Strike
markeloff268
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1683
crisheroes1257
Other Games
gofns42035
singsing2041
olofmeister1379
B2W.Neo753
hiko417
byalli306
Pyrionflax289
XBOCT282
DeMusliM247
ArmadaUGS96
Mew2King69
Liquid`VortiX42
QueenE36
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1712
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 54m
OSC
23h 54m
Stellar Fest
23h 54m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.