• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8254 users

Maps for OSL/MSL Discussion

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-20 09:36:58
April 12 2006 04:53 GMT
#1
Well I'm too lazy to write it all here and change the links to make them work, so let me just do it the easy way.

http://www.wgtour.com/news.php?idN=14481&datab=broodwar

It explains the changes in Rush Hour 3, 815 III, Sin Cultivation, The Eye, Arcadia, and 백두대간.

Read these and post your opinions!


My opinions:

백두대간 (edit: Translated to Peaks of Baekdu) - It's hard to predict what kind of matches we'll see. There are small bridges in the middle to make rushes easy, and there's an expo in the back that could be defended if you have nice defensive strat. I think we'll have to watch and see how things turn out.

Cultivation Period - The changes definately help zerg ALOT. But still the short distance will make pushing terrans hard to block and impossible to buy time. I still think zerg's could do better on this map if they played differently. I like the mineral-hop idea they put.

The Eye - Looks like a macro map. But I don't like how there's not too much empty space in the middle. Taking your mineral only is now harder because they added entrances there. I think this will be well balanced.

Arcadia - Thank God they enlarged those bridges. I was gonna cry if it was going to stay that way (it use to be narrow). Still I think this is a Terran map. Mainly because taking your mineral only is now easier, and Terran's can easily float another CC to the island next to them. That means 3 expos without much risk. Yes, I think T's will have fun here.

Rush Hour 3.0 - Not much to say. In my personal opinion, as a zerg user, Rush Hour 1 was the best version!

815 III - The idea of putting 2 geysers with 2,500 gas each instead of 1 geyser with 5,000 gas, is genious imo. I think it will give zerg's a better chance. Also, July's mass hydra strat he showed vs Oov is imo very strong, and if he didn't screw up a few times I think he could have done well.


Post your opinions!
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
April 12 2006 06:03 GMT
#2
I hate CP so very much. I want it to die. It's just an illconcived idea at it's base and it seems unbalancable without complete rework.

The rest are fine I guess. I can't form an opinion of the new ones without some games to watch.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4683 Posts
April 12 2006 07:48 GMT
#3
Arcadia seems so open to floating ebay+siege tank abuse...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Etto
Profile Joined September 2005
Spain160 Posts
April 12 2006 07:53 GMT
#4
OMG

백두대간 instead RoV? =(
Que vengan los toros! ... Pero en forma de bife!
red.venom
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4651 Posts
April 12 2006 07:56 GMT
#5
So OSL took out Ride of Valkyrie? Damn:[

Something about all these maps just annoy me.
Broom
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
April 12 2006 07:58 GMT
#6
On April 12 2006 16:48 hasuprotoss wrote:
Arcadia seems so open to floating ebay+siege tank abuse...

agreed.

I also cant wait to see the maps with the "all-directional" ramps and cant wait to play on em ^_^
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
April 12 2006 08:01 GMT
#7
yea Arcadia is definately a T map. I wish they used Sattarchasm. It's my new fav map!
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
NuclearAntelope
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1369 Posts
April 12 2006 08:08 GMT
#8
On April 12 2006 17:01 Live2Win wrote:
yea Arcadia is definately a T map. I wish they used Sattarchasm. It's my new fav map!

Putting sattarchasm in a pro league would be a crime against humanity (and against protoss).
people are similar in nature. its the experience of life that makes them so different.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
April 12 2006 08:19 GMT
#9
guess that's why I'm a Z user :D
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Mouriner
Profile Joined March 2004
Brazil396 Posts
April 12 2006 08:23 GMT
#10
I like the maps....if they switch CP for RoV would be better tho....
Danka
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Peru1018 Posts
April 12 2006 22:00 GMT
#11
Where can i download the OSL maps without having to struggle with a korean page.

Anyone help plz
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
April 12 2006 22:31 GMT
#12
uhh i can send them to you i guess..
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
puLs.ReADy
Profile Joined November 2005
Bulgaria1301 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-12 22:53:02
April 12 2006 22:44 GMT
#13
I will comment the maps for the z players. Rush Hour III good map, CP very bad for zerg cause of the short distance,815 no comment and for peaks of beakdu i think its not bad.ok we have 2 not bad maps and 2 anti z maps i think the winner of OSL wont be Zerg again but i am sure the MSL winner will be Zerg ( the maps are good )
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
April 13 2006 16:47 GMT
#14
HAS NOBODY NOTICED THAT THEY FIXED 7 O'CLOCK'S RAMP SO IT POINTS UPWARDS NOW???? NO MORE RAX BLOCKING BY BoxeR!!!!
Do your best, God will do the rest.
mrmin123 *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Korea (South)2971 Posts
April 13 2006 17:18 GMT
#15
OSL: Baekdu looks so fucking bizarre I don't know what to think. It just looks ridiculous, but I haven't played any games on it nor have I seen games on it, so I'll reserve some opinion on it until I do. I still have a bad feeling for CP.

MSL: The Eye and Arcadia - I'm really not sure about this whole dual natural deal. Other than that, I love them.

As for the other two maps that are in both MSL and OSL, I've always liked Rush Hour, and I'm glad it's still in rotation. 815 I've never liked playing, but I've seen some interesting games in the past, so hopefully the new changes will keep it fresh and exciting.
Translator태양은 묘지위에 붉게 떠오르고 / 한낮에 찌는 더위는 나의 시련 일찌라!
YoUr_KiLLeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States3420 Posts
April 13 2006 17:59 GMT
#16
11 position on rush hour III looks great!
what the fuck do you have to say for yourself now you protoss jackass can you retaliate in any way
gulii
Profile Joined November 2004
Sweden2795 Posts
April 13 2006 18:38 GMT
#17
백두대간 looks soooooo fun.
iNsaNe-
Profile Joined January 2005
Finland5201 Posts
April 13 2006 19:09 GMT
#18
백두대간 is that Peaks of Baekdu?
It takes a fool to remain sane.
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
April 13 2006 19:30 GMT
#19
On April 14 2006 04:09 iNsaNe- wrote:
백두대간 is that Peaks of Baekdu?


yep
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
red.venom
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4651 Posts
April 13 2006 19:33 GMT
#20
I cant imagine ZvT on Baekdu being anything but perhaps the hardest shit EVER. Man everytime I look at it I just freak out aaaaagh;] At least they could have given the nat a small gas or maybe just made it so that a T wont be able to muscle their way above your main every game with tanks and rape you.

I know they want micro games, but making a worse version of Bifrost isnt the answer;[

815 also isnt really "fixed" at all imo. Its just the same fuckin map but with gay islands now. And Cultivation Period really isnt either. I honestly cant believe that a professional organization with the task of coming up with good maps can not find some better than this.

What makes me more upset is that they make the Dual League somewhat easy for Zergs(Get to lose once, I believe helps Z a bit more than TP, macro maps), so that a ton qualify. Then they drop them into OSL which seems to just be Z rape maps every time now. I guess we will see, and maybe it wouldnt be so bad if a couple more Tosses qualified instead of ZT player, but the Tosses always get eliminated leaving a nonstop ZvT TvT semi/final. ;] MSL maps are pretty tight, coulda used a map like Baekdu(Maybe RoV) instead of 815 though.
Broom
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 166
SpeCial 57
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 630
910 57
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm98
League of Legends
Doublelift2833
Other Games
summit1g8079
shahzam619
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft234
JimRising 135
Maynarde108
Vindicta9
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick583
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• musti20045 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• davetesta13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21516
Other Games
• imaqtpie701
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.