• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7814 users

MLP Mare-A-Thon III

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 22:20:16
November 13 2012 06:25 GMT
#1



MLP Mare-A-Thon III has concluded! It was an amazing night.
Click below for for the event summary


+ Show Spoiler [Videos, event summary, winners!] +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lZdZpTDqtI
+ Show Spoiler +
The TLP Mare-A-Thon III Trailer, originally made by StarDragon for the previous marathon. We just edited it to fix the time, and added a bit to the end.




+ Show Spoiler +
Cane and Gary's opening statements.




+ Show Spoiler +
The Trixie Raffle video! This video kicked off the giveaways for this marathon, of which there were five. CockRoach won the raffle and is currently picking out a shirt.



Trivia Questions
+ Show Spoiler +
The trivia started midway through season 1 and ended between seasons. Razielim dominated the contest and took home a shirt. I'll put these separately as there were a lot of questions.

Razielim chose the following:

[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
Intermission content from Cane and Gary




+ Show Spoiler +
The Lunar Raffle: A (shockingly for those who know me) personal favorite and - as it happened - completely rigged contest. When I first grabbed the users from IRC and input them into random.org, this happened.

After officially declaring myself the winner of the Lunar Raffle, I re-rolled the results and came up with Rawr as the actual shirt recipient. He chose this one:

[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
The Derpy Raffle -- my personal favorite custom video. It was originally going to air before The Last Roundup, but due to SynchTube issues it was aired right after.

Slpee, a mainstay of our previous marathons, won the Derpy Raffle. He picked this shirt:

[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
Zecora's Clue Contest - by far the most entertaining giveaway of the night. I had set up several clues around the forums, requiring contestants to follow the trail to the final answer - a passphrase. I won't give away the solution, and instead let you try it on your own. The clues still exist, but I have to give you a hint to set you off: The video tells you to look in the IRC topic for your first clue. The IRC topic was simply a link to our main MLP thread on these forums, and the hidden message in that OP took it further.

If you want to try your hands on it, good luck. It was a lot of fun to set up.

Raelcun aced this contest brilliantly, earning himself a lot of headache in trying to pick a goddamned shirt. He eventually pulled through, and chose this one.

[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
A quick message to the TLPonies from a surprise cameo.




+ Show Spoiler +
Closing statements by Cane and Gary. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who showed to our fun little project!



Have a link to the full playlist! It's the whole thing from beginning to end, in case you wanted any of the custom content or PMVs. Enjoy! Click heeeeere




Link to the previous marathon

Twice TeamLiquid has been kind enough to let us spread the word. Twice we managed to pull a big crowd to our IRC -- over a hundred at the last count. It's been almost a full year since the last one, but such a smashing success cannot go unrepeated.

On Friday, November 16th - the East Coast midnight and the European morning - we will once again play gracious hosts to anyone who wants to come hang out with us, talk ponies and life, and enjoy an exceptionally fun show together. Oh, and to win five different items of pony swag because in case you haven't noticed by now we are all completely awesome.

We will be airing the full run of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in a single sitting, sprinkled liberally with PMVs, music, trivia, prizes, and all kinds of win. There are two smaller intermissions halfway through each season, and one big, food-preparing intermission at the halfway point.

You exceeded my expectations for the first marathon when we got 82 people, then crushed them again for the second when our IRC grew past a hundred. I stopped having expectations because you guys keep wrecking everything.

Welcome back, everyone. It's nice to see you again.

[image loading]
Hell, it's about time!



When:
  • Saturday, Nov 17 5:00am GMT (GMT+00:00)
    Countdown

    Episodes begin after a brief pre-show, giving people ample time to join up. The marathon will run straight through the new episode that comes out on Saturday -- instead, we will add that episode to the end of the marathon and watch it together for the finale.

Where:
  • http://www.synchtube.com/r/CaneCraft, with overflow channels at the ready
  • Live chat will take place in IRC, channel #tlponies on QuakeNet

    Note: We will be ignoring the SynchTube chat rooms. All discussion will take place in our IRC.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Pick a name, join room #tlponies

Or, if you want to get fancy, here's a guide to setting up mIRC.

+ Show Spoiler [Click here] +

Very brief mIRC guide:
_____________________

  • Download and install mIRC:
    http://www.mirc.com/get.html

  • Start mIRC, and setup:

    • Enter your nickname
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Alternate name field is there in case your preferred name is taken

    • Select the server:
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Select any Quakenet server

    • Recommended: Add identd information
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Just add YourNick in the name field; everything else should be filled already

    • Optional: Go back to Connect tab and enter name and e-mail
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      QuakeNet likes these. Once filled, press "Connect".

  • Join the channel
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]
    Delete all those asschannels from your favorites list and add #tlponies, then join it

  • Success!
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]



Setup is mostly the same for other chat clients like ChatZilla or HexChat.




Prizes/giveaways

We have five separate contests/giveaways planned for this marathon, spread out evenly among the seasons to make it fair on both Europeans and Americans. The prizes are five shirts from either WeLoveFine or Redbubble, sponsored by StarDragon, Zounds, and yours truly.

To be eligible for any and all of these, you must be logged into our IRC channel, #tlponies on QuakeNet. All answers to our contests must be given in IRC, and you must be present to win any one of our giveaways.


+ Show Spoiler [Zecora] +
This was part of the Zecora Clue Contest that ran as part of the TLP: Mare-A-Thon III. It is preserved just for fun!


[image loading]

Twilight Sparkle ran a race
where she finished in fifth place.
On her flank, a number seen:
There’s your answer, quick and clean.



Final words

This is the longest and most ambitious TLP Mare-A-Thon to date, and it's also the first to play for a solid 24+ hours straight. We realize not everyone can make it through the night with us (in fact, we're not even sure about ourselves!), but we hope you'll drop by for a few hours and say hello.

The variables may change but the core remains the same: To get together, to watch MLP, to hang out with friends, to talk about everything, to have fun.

If you want in on this, jump on the chance now. It will be a while before we see it again!


Cane, Gary, and StarDragon bid you all welcome.


[image loading]
Image by JohnJoseco

TL+ Member
BioSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States636 Posts
November 13 2012 06:29 GMT
#2
I'm ready for some marathon action.

Plan on staying up for the whole thing. Haven't missed a second of the last 2, and I don't plan on starting now.
Bio - Breaking it down
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
November 13 2012 07:13 GMT
#3
Ugh, I have to work during this, so I'm gonna miss a lot of it, but I'll try to be there.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
nohbrows
Profile Joined February 2011
United States653 Posts
November 13 2012 07:32 GMT
#4
Oh this is going to be great.
Don't know if I am going to be present for the whole thing, but I will be sure to drop in whenever I have the ability to do so.
Seizon Senryaku!
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
November 13 2012 07:37 GMT
#5
Having helped with the playlist, I can attest to it being quite amazing. This will be a fun one, for sure.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
November 13 2012 07:40 GMT
#6
This is going to be so good. I am on ep 12 of season 1 right now, so hopefully I can see the rest and start watching season 3
Administrator
Frek
Profile Joined June 2011
United States65 Posts
November 13 2012 16:33 GMT
#7
Can't wait for this, Mare-A-Thons are always the best!
ZealotKiller
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
November 13 2012 16:33 GMT
#8
Can't wait! For sure, this is going to be completely awesome!
I just like liking things.
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
November 13 2012 17:14 GMT
#9
I'm so hype, the last one was so long ago
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
November 13 2012 17:23 GMT
#10
ever since I moved to Korea in Feburary, I have not been able to watch MLP, Mostly due to not wanting to be hounded in the prime house. I've been out of the house for a whilke and have not gotten the chance to catch up. This will be the perfect chance.

I should be in!
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
November 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#11
My face when I heard this: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Last one was awesome, looking forward to this one too :D. /)
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
November 13 2012 17:33 GMT
#12
I convinced a friend of mine to try the show a while back and recently hes admitted to have the desire to watch the show, and now this but has been tried to resist. Perfect timing.
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
November 13 2012 17:48 GMT
#13
I can honestly say I have never seen a episode of MLP or had any intentions to, but if I am not out with friends or on a tour this friday, will join for a little bit and see what all of the hub-a-lub is about.
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
LoCaD
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1634 Posts
November 13 2012 18:34 GMT
#14
I need more Black Coffee this time, looking forward to it.
I give up, I just don't know what to write here.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
November 13 2012 18:41 GMT
#15
On November 14 2012 02:48 Balgrog wrote:
I can honestly say I have never seen a episode of MLP or had any intentions to, but if I am not out with friends or on a tour this friday, will join for a little bit and see what all of the hub-a-lub is about.

Prepare to get hooked on this show
Administrator
TheDoT42
Profile Joined December 2011
South Africa47 Posts
November 13 2012 19:06 GMT
#16
Woohoo

How I feel,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Khorinus
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland16 Posts
November 13 2012 20:25 GMT
#17
6 AM is a bit crazy, but what would I not do for ponies... :3
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 13 2012 20:44 GMT
#18
On November 14 2012 05:25 CloverMuffins wrote:
6 AM is a bit crazy, but what would I not do for ponies... :3

I would do anything for ponies, but I won't do that.
+ Show Spoiler +
I will do that.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Kmatt
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1019 Posts
November 13 2012 20:51 GMT
#19
Well, the write-up in the main pony thread had piqued my interest. Assuming I'm not working the next day, I'm going to have an... "interesting" night/morning.
We CAN have nice things
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
November 13 2012 21:49 GMT
#20
Can't wait for this; the first mare-a-thon was legendary and I sadly had to miss the 2nd one; won't miss this one!
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15233
Calm 2193
Mini 158
Rush 114
EffOrt 99
Trap 20
scan(afreeca) 15
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto22
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m4471
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King44
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1870
Beastyqt775
B2W.Neo543
RotterdaM543
shahzam373
C9.Mang0291
IndyStarCraft 178
crisheroes171
ToD105
Trikslyr92
Dewaltoss60
UpATreeSC54
ZombieGrub35
JuggernautJason25
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
Other Games
Algost 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1021
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 44m
INu's Battles
14h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 44m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.