• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:40
CEST 20:40
KST 03:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7908 users

[Interview] Code S Round of 4 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
October 20 2011 01:04 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [Winner of MVP vs Ganzi] +
MVP
[image loading]
Source - http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=835122&board=&category=13439

Q: What do you think of advancing to the finals?
A: To be honest I thought that I would be extremely happy if I advanced to the finals. But in the fourth game even I thought I would lose, then I won with a comeback. So even more than I had thought I was shaken and I was even happier (laughs).

Q: For a long time you've said it was your goal to conquer at Blizzcon. Did you feel confident about this?
A: I wasn't quite as confident as I said. But isn't it better to show a confident form rather than having no confidence? I spoke confidently, but to be honest I didn't know whether I would advance like this.

Q: It seems you would have predicted that the games against Ganzi would be hard.
A: After the Round of 8 the time to prepare is short, and Ganzi had TvT in that round while I had TvZ. I thought that it would be very difficult. But during practice I trained against a lot of Ganzi's TvT builds so I thought that it would not be more difficult than I could handle.

Q: In the first game, your all-in strategy failed.
A: Until this morning I hadn't thought of doing it, but our team's Yoda recommended it strongly. I believed him and used it. It looked like something that could work. I thought that if you could just control carefully you could win. Yoda's build wasn't good so it wasn't my fault I lost (laughs).

Q: The fourth game was a turn-around victory. What was the driving force for this?
A: In order to make a comeback, the person who is in the lead has to get careless. Like I was thinking of the fifth set, it seemed like Ganzi too might have been thinking about it. I was in a bad position, but I thought that if I could get a maxed out 200 supply army, my chances of winning would be good.

Q: These days there aren't many comeback victories. How do you feel about achieving one after a long time?
A: I don't really remember any comebacks lately (laughs). After such a long time without a comeback victory, when I saw the GG I shook with excitement. At that moment, my confidence that I could win [the whole tournament] increased drastically.

Q: You'll have to manage a schedule for the Blizzcon Battle.net Invitational and for Code S. Won't this be tough?
A: On the first day, I know my Blizzcon games will be before noon. I won't be able to practice much on the day of the games, but because I'm going to the U.S. before that day I will be able to practice so I'm not very worried. Then because my Code S games will be after those morning games, I think any nervousness should have dissolved and my hands should move well. I think that because the finals are being held in America, managing my condition on that day will be the most important thing.

Q: Who do you want to play in the Code S finals?
A: Naturally I want to play against Happy. He is very good, so I definitely hope that we can go to the United States together. I want to make a good finals.

Q: So far, you've only won championships against Terrans. You'll for sure be facing a Terran this time too.
A: I haven't lost once on a big finals stage. I seem to be a person well suited for finals (laughs). This time will be the same. Whether my opponent was Terran or not I would still be confident. I always do better in finals than in the Round of 32, 16, 8, or 4.

Q: Your ambition to win the Battle.net Invitational would naturally be increased.
A: Because it's not in Korea, it will be crucial to adapt well to the location. As long as my condition is good, I think I have the ability to win.

Q: You have a chance to seize two championships at Blizzcon. Are you greedy about the prize money?
A: Since no matter what I'm a progamer, naturally I have greed for prize money. Since the beginning I said that I wanted to win both competitions, and it seemed like I would be able to win both. I definitely want to achieve this goal which has been forming since the start.

Q: The support from American fans would be really something.
A: I have daydreams about competitions in the United States. I still haven't forgotten the cheers when I went to MLG. Just the thought of experiencing that again makes me excited (laughs).

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank our team's Yoda and dreamertt as well as MVP_Noblesse, NsHS_Jjakji, NsHS_Sculp and OGS_Supernova for their help in practice. I want to thank my mother and father who are always cheering for me. Ganzi who I played against today seemed similar to his role as my teacher during our Starcraft 1 days. He always helped guide me but I ended up beating him today, so my feelings aren't at rest. I hope that he can not be frustrated and can cheer up and play even better. Finally, I want to thank my fans and my girlfriend for always cheering for me.


+ Show Spoiler [Winner of Happy vs MMA] +
MMA
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=835298&board=&category=13439

Q: You've advanced to the Code S finals. This is a career first for you; how do you feel?
A: I'm really really happy. Preparing for my games with Happy was really difficult. He is good with mech and he had momentum behind him. My spirit had died but everyone on my time had helped plant confidence in me. Thanks to that I was able to win.

Q: In the games before your match, your teammate Ganzi was knocked out.
A: Ganzi had prepared really hard and was in a good position in the fourth game, so I thought that it would go to the fifth game. But he lost, which was regrettable, so I wanted to avenge him. The thought “as expected, MVP” entered my mind.

Q: You lost in a base trade in the second game on Daybreak.
A: It was a game I absolutely couldn't win from the start. Since whatever I did, I had to catch up to a 4:6 level. If I had focused a little more it would be a better situation, but in the end I still couldn't have closed the gap in supply.

Q: Was the base trade in the second set started in order to set up for the next game's play? [T/N did you drag out the game to prepare more]
A: It wasn't like that. Because I didn't know what my opponent's situation was, I couldn't type GG until I had confirmed it. Right up until I scouted the 5 o clock base, I absolutely couldn't give up.

Q: The fourth game on Crossfire SE was a very long close match.
A: My opponent went for two starports, and I had a build that is favorable against that. When I dropped blue flame hellions I started getting into an advantageous position. I lost my Sensor Tower in the middle, but I played thinking I could win, and in the end it happened that way and I won.

Q: It seems like your experience in playing a lot of games in the United States will be a big help.
A: I hope that it helps, but won't this be a competition on another level? Blizzcon is a gamer's dream and it's tremendous. My style doesn't work well when I'm tense, but I think that I will be worried.

Q: This will be a finals in a similar place to MLG Anaheim. You also faced MVP there.
A: I hadn't thought of that before, but now I remember it. A lot of elements are falling into place to make the games really exciting. But if you compare it with MLG Anaheim, one thing will change. That is the winner. I will be the victor.

Q: What did you mean by “As expected, MVP” earlier?
A: The commentators say this because all his race matchups are good and have no weaknesses, and he has good sense and builds. I think he's not a player who falls easily. I think he's a strong player.

Q: If that's the case, then when you compare MMA to MVP, what strong points does he have?
A: He's not as tall (laughs), he's been left behind in the prize money rankings, and he doesn't have a girlfriend (laughs). It seems like MVP is the winner in all aspects. But this time I will win, so I will win as the underdog and reverse things.

Q: It seems like you would have learned some things from being runner-up in the Super Tournament.
A: I did learn things from coming in second place. At that time I was planning my Best of 5's alone, but it's different now. Strategy Coach Ryu Won gives a lot of help, and he makes systematic builds. He says a lot of things I don't want to hear, but he helps a lot. Because of the strategy coach, I am more confident.

Q: If you get second place this time again, do you think people will talk about you being in the Kong Line?
A: It will be do or die. The chance of a lifetime comes once, and this is that chance. I will work hard in order to be able to seize that chance.

Q: Do you want to become Slayers' first GSL winner?
A: We have confident sponsors, but when Gayeon and Boxer return from America they should be able to say concrete things. Because of that, I want to be the first Slayers GSL winner at any cost.

Q: It seems like Ganzi would give you a lot of help.
A: Of course he would help a lot, right? It seems like I'll have to beg a lot and buy him a lot of tasty things.

Q: MVP will have something other than the Code S finals to focus on in America.
A: That will obviously be a big help for me. But because stage experience is important, I think MVP could still be able to do well.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I hope that Boxer and Gayeon, who are staying in the U.S. for MLG, will have a good result and return. A lot of people helped in practice, but I especially want to thank ByunPrime and TSL_Clide a lot. I want to thank our team's Terrans Ryung and Lots. I want to thank Hee-Chul hyung, Strategy Coach Ryu Won, Director Cella, and all the fans who are always coming to my games. My parents are praying for me a lot, and I think because of that I was able to win. I think I will have to go to church this weekend. And since Byun prepared a room, he hoped that I would do well. I hope he will also help me with practice for the finals.


+ Show Spoiler [Other interviews this season] +

Code S Ro32 A+B - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267743
Code S Ro32 C+D - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268084
Code S Ro32 E+F - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269974
Code S Ro32 G+H - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270280
Code S Ro16 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272828
Code S Ro16 Day 2- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272327
Code S Ro8 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=274508
Code S Ro8 Day 2 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=274792
Code A Ro32 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267335
Code A Winner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=274095
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
October 20 2011 01:53 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translations!

MVP daydreams about international tournaments, and MMA wishes he was MVP hahaha. Good interviews!
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
vVvPastry
Profile Joined September 2011
United States244 Posts
October 20 2011 02:05 GMT
#3
Thanks so much for the interview!
vvv-gaming.com Favorite for Each Race Boxer/ Alicia/ Losira Supporting MMA/Teaja/sC/Marineking/Idra/White Ra/Ryung/BitByBit/MC/Team SlayerS
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 20 2011 02:05 GMT
#4
Thank you for translating. Glad MVP enjoyed being in America. This is pretty much a dream finals for me. After MVP wins both code S and Blizzcon he will become the unanimous best SC2 player in the world, and MMA will be sent to the Kongline. I'm sure he and MKP will have much to talk about.

mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
October 20 2011 02:06 GMT
#5
Nice translations. Poor MMA, getting the short stick all the time.
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
October 20 2011 02:07 GMT
#6
I especially want to thank ByunPrime


What? since when did Byun join prime?
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
vVvPastry
Profile Joined September 2011
United States244 Posts
October 20 2011 02:08 GMT
#7
On October 20 2011 11:07 Mutality wrote:
Show nested quote +
I especially want to thank ByunPrime


What? since when did Byun join prime?

A while ago, ZeNeX is pretty much gone
vvv-gaming.com Favorite for Each Race Boxer/ Alicia/ Losira Supporting MMA/Teaja/sC/Marineking/Idra/White Ra/Ryung/BitByBit/MC/Team SlayerS
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 20 2011 02:09 GMT
#8
thanks for the interview
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-20 02:11:30
October 20 2011 02:11 GMT
#9
I suddenly realized this.... MMA is going to win.

Champion's curse never fails.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
October 20 2011 02:14 GMT
#10
Q: The support from American fans would be really something.
A: I have daydreams about competitions in the United States. I still haven't forgotten the cheers when I went to MLG. Just the thought of experiencing that again makes me excited (laughs).


Love that answer, but sadly I want MMA to win (even though my brain knows MVP is better)
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
October 20 2011 02:17 GMT
#11
MVP is the King of Anaheim ^^
duk3
Profile Joined September 2010
United States807 Posts
October 20 2011 02:17 GMT
#12
Nice job translating, thanks!
I just want a good finals series for once :D
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
October 20 2011 02:18 GMT
#13
Wait, he goes to church........so is he Christian or something?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
October 20 2011 02:20 GMT
#14
On October 20 2011 11:17 duk3 wrote:
Nice job translating, thanks!
I just want a good finals series for once :D


U do know it's a TvT again right? :[

But, I do admit MMA vs MVP will bring some epic epic games for sure
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Therg
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden238 Posts
October 20 2011 02:21 GMT
#15
MMA you have this! Legend killer!
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
October 20 2011 02:21 GMT
#16
On October 20 2011 11:18 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
Wait, he goes to church........so is he Christian or something?


Around 30% of people there are Christian.

It's a rematch at the same place but I still believe MVP would win everything at the Blizzcon
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
October 20 2011 02:25 GMT
#17
Nah, MVP got this and BlizzCon in the bag.
Someone call down the Thunder?
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
October 20 2011 02:25 GMT
#18
On October 20 2011 11:18 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
Wait, he goes to church........so is he Christian or something?

I'd assume so, though I don't know much about religion in Korea.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
October 20 2011 02:32 GMT
#19
Come on MVP! MKP needs company in the Kong line XD.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 20 2011 02:32 GMT
#20
mvp! <3
IMMvp #1 :)
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech154
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 25
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1567
Counter-Strike
fl0m1570
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1729
crisheroes1385
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt558
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0179
QueenE69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 20m
Online Event
16h 20m
FEL
21h 20m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.