• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10204 users

[Interview] Code A October Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
October 10 2011 19:15 GMT
#1
Curious
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=822375&board=&category=13439


Q: How do you feel about rising to Code S?
A: It's my first promotion, and I'm even happier than I thought I would be. But this isn't the limit of my ability. I will work hard so I can show good form in Code S, and I want to become a player who is capable of winning the tournament.

Q: You succeeded in Code A without dropping a game.
A: Truthfully, I analyzed Oz's style a lot in practice. At first I lost a lot, but then I started winning and I felt that I could defeat him. To be honest, I couldn't have predicted a 4:0 result. There isn't too much different significance between a win without losses and a regular win (laughs).

Q: What was the key to the 4:0?
A: In Game 1 on Crossfire SE, I didn't predict my opponent's fast expand. But in case that had happened, I had prepared an all-in build for that situation. It is owing to my all-in's success that my mood was able to stay consistent through the games.

Q: Which game was the hardest?
A: The third game on Tal'Darim was pretty difficult. Oz used a build that was hard to stop. But because the openings were good, I had more time than usual to prepare. Since it took a lot of time, I had a lot of time to prepare my defense and I felt that I was in a position to win.

Q: In the last game, you discovered his proxy gateways and won.
A: I didn't expect that kind of strategy, but when I saw it I remembered encountering it on ladder. I remembered that can stop it if you just defend it calmly, so I did my best to play calmly.

Q: It seems like your anxiety in broadcast games is gone.
A: When the games come, my anxiety has disappeared. But it's still difficult. It's especially difficult during interviews (laughs). It seems like there's a big difference in talking when there are cameras in the room and when there aren't. I should overcome my fear of broadcast interviews.

Q: You've started showing your skill on the broadcast stage, is there a new feeling?
A: In the past, it used to be very constricting. I thought that I needed to overcome it, but when it actually came time to overcome my anxiety I didn't know how to. It's just regretful that things were like that. People who said kind things to me during that time were a very big help.

Q: What kind of place do you think Code S is?
A: I think that it seems like a place where I will be able to play games on an even footing. But since I have no experience in Code S, I can't really assess what kind of place it is (laughs).

Q: As expected, it looks like there will be a lot of Terrans in Code S next season.
A: I don't think this will be bad for me. This is because I have confidence in my ZvT and ZvZ. If I am placed in a group with a lot of Terrans, I hope that I can defeat them all and show that I deserve to remain in Code S.

Q: Zerg fans have called Nestea and Dongraegu the hope for the race. Would you like to get that kind of assessment?
A: Since they've had better results than me, for right now I don't think that I could be called Zerg's hope. But I think that if I can show my skills next season, I could be called that. But first comes showing results and skill. If I can first show those things, I think such an assessment will naturally follow.

Q: Who would you like to be matched against in Code S?
A: Since I've been focusing just on training for Code A, I haven't had time to think about that. I'll think about it later. But either way, I'd like to be matched against Terran.

Q: Who do you think the best Terran is these days?
A: There are a lot of good Terrans, so if you have to point them out there are many. It seems like MVP and Bomber stand out the most. It would be nice to face those players in a later round. I don't want to face them in the Round of 32 or 16 (laughs).

Q: Next season, what kind of result in Code S would satisfy you?
A: My final goal is to win, but it's important to form them one at a time. If I made a first goal, I would like to play next season in a newly changed way.

Q: Anything you want to say to fans?
A: I still haven't experienced receiving a lot of attention, but it seems I will experience that in Code S (laughs). It seems I don't have anything I can say, but since I have risen to Code S for the first time I will always first think of showing entertaining games. I will do my best to show you all good games.

Q: Anything last things you want to say?
A: I want to thank those who helped me in practice. The all-in in the first game was July's build; I especially thank him. I will definitely repay him soon. I want to thank our team's Squirtle, Ace, and Parting, as well as Zenex_Core, TSL_JYP, and Slayers_Puzzle.


+ Show Spoiler [Other interviews this season] +

Code S Ro32 A+B - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267743
Code S Ro32 C+D - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268084
Code S Ro32 E+F - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=269974
Code S Ro32 G+H - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270280
Code S Ro16 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272828
Code S Ro16 Day 2- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272327
Code A Ro32 Day 1 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=267335
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 10 2011 19:20 GMT
#2
Nice interview and props to july!
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
October 10 2011 19:25 GMT
#3
So when is Lixler going to get a Translators Icon? I think he deserves it!
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
October 10 2011 19:25 GMT
#4
I bet every Zerg would love to know all of July's all in builds.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 10 2011 19:27 GMT
#5
Dedicating my 10,000th post to you. Thanks for the translations, much appreciated!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
October 10 2011 19:35 GMT
#6
Not surprised about the July build - it did look pretty deadly.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
October 10 2011 19:40 GMT
#7
Although i'm sad Oz didn't win (in fact it wasn't even close), Curious definitely deserves this, and hopefully he will be recognized for his talents now
memes are a dish best served dank
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
October 10 2011 19:45 GMT
#8
im glad hes getting over his stage fright. its a damn shame when talented players cant shine because of reasons like this.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
October 10 2011 19:45 GMT
#9
haha of course, the all in was courtesy of July xD

I'm super happy for Curious, he's just an all round excellent Zerg. If he's feeling that comfortable vT then hopefully he can make a dent in Code S next season too! ^_^
sevia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States954 Posts
October 10 2011 19:48 GMT
#10
Curious seems so drab when you see him on camera, but judging by this interview, he seems like one of the few Korean pros that actually has a personality. Glad to see him win, he played well in the finals.
최지성 Bomber || 김동환 viOLet || 고병재 GuMiho
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 10 2011 19:49 GMT
#11
Many factors that made him win so easily, but his practice partners I can see now are Code S quality. No wonder he was well prepared for Oz. ^^
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
October 10 2011 21:48 GMT
#12
Thanks Lixler! Curious seems really cool, I think he has got great potential. He kinds reminds me of Losira.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
October 10 2011 23:31 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation! =D

And yeah, I've liked Curious's play for some time now, he's definitely deserving of Code S. But then again so are a lot of other people that are going to struggle through the Up/Downs this season. Hopefully, like other Code A champions (except poor Puzzle) he enters Code S strongly.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
October 10 2011 23:40 GMT
#14
On October 11 2011 04:48 sevia wrote:
Curious seems so drab when you see him on camera, but judging by this interview, he seems like one of the few Korean pros that actually has a personality. Glad to see him win, he played well in the finals.


Almost every single korean pro has personality. It's just that they rarely show this personality around their GSL games, and that's where we see them most of the time. The fact that (unless you speak Korean), everything they say goes through a translator doesn't exactly help either.

Despite this, if you actually follow the players outside the GSL, their personalities shine through.

- - -

I knew Curious would do it. ^^. Hopefully he can continue his dominating qualifier + Code A performance when he plays in Code S.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
October 10 2011 23:41 GMT
#15
On October 11 2011 04:48 sevia wrote:
Curious seems so drab when you see him on camera, but judging by this interview, he seems like one of the few Korean pros that actually has a personality. Glad to see him win, he played well in the finals.


If you read each winners' interviews, you'll actually notice they ALL have personalities.
Gameplay > Personality
John Madden
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
American Samoa894 Posts
October 11 2011 00:34 GMT
#16
Dissapointing finals but grats to Curious
FOOTBALL
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 11 2011 03:37 GMT
#17
Thank you Lixler
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 11 2011 03:48 GMT
#18
Thanks for the translation!

Congratulations to Curious

And I bet no one is surprised the all-in was a July build XD
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
October 11 2011 03:49 GMT
#19
haha curious not dropping a single set Nestea style

curious showed good skill even in GSTL back then, i wonder how good he exactly is, won't be surprised if he's losira's level
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Baffels
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1486 Posts
October 11 2011 03:58 GMT
#20
Startale the first team with 2 Code A winners?

Thanks for the translation!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
SteadfastSC486
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 38m
OSC
18h 38m
Stellar Fest
18h 38m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.