• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:30
CEST 02:30
KST 09:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8958 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 21:27:35
August 23 2011 13:13 GMT
#1
[image loading]
[image loading]


Tyler has proposed an idea. A beautiful revolutionary challenge that will mark the greatest combination since Chessboxing. This is the Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge.+ Show Spoiler +


Participants must complete four grueling tasks simultaneously over the course of 26.2h. There is no doubt that only a formidable ESPORTS athlete could have any hope of completing the following daunting requirements to lay claim to a successful Challenge Belt.

[image loading]
Run 26.2 Miles


The distance of one marathon, in the space of one living room. Additional difficulties imposed by the streaming challenge requires this portion to take place in front of a webcam. The advantage of climate is quickly overshadowed by the disadvantage of monotony as the scenery over the course of a marathon is something desirable to average marathon participants.

Running a normal marathon without any intoxication is no doubt a feat on its own. Completed in one day by only handfuls of people every accurate duration of time; this alone would be an impressive physical accomplishment.

[image loading]
Eat 26.2 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts


That's at a bare minimum 220 x 26.2 = 5764 calories and at least 13 x 26.2 = 340.6g of fat. The alcohol and sugar will be venomously competing for stomach space in the athlete as he rhythmically rises and falls with his steps.

There is not a doctor alive that supports the competition in this marathon which both increases the risk and the ballerness to the participant with each and every hollow pastry.


[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]
Achieve 26.2 Victories


One might be hard pressed to achieve this many victories on a normal day of steady practicing. Under the fatigue and indigestion of the concurrent limitations, this goal becomes a sheer cliff in the path of completion.

How can one achieve 0.2 of a victory you might ask? Tyler has answered that one must gain a significant advantage early on, then leave the game. This is baller.

[image loading]
Do 26.2 x 10 Pull Ups


Simply to challenge the athlete's physical strength in areas other than the stomach, Tyler in his heavy handed servings of pain and serious has prescribed an unwholesome sum of 262 bicep ripping chin-ups/pull-ups.

Separated into sets of ten, these exercises will undoubtedly increase in difficulty as the weight of the participant increases due to mass consumption of doughnuts.


This is going to set the bar for streaming events.
December will rock your world.
Train your:
  • endurance
  • tolerance
  • appetite
  • strategy
  • and strength

to prepare for the ultimate challenge.
My personal goals on the challenge day are to ladder and run a lot while drinking and eating a lot in front of Tyler's stream.

Will you be ready?

+ Show Spoiler +
Thanks and credit to spinnaker for making the Tyler Banner.
Thanks to the internet and paint for the other pictures.
Thanks to Tyler for being a chill baller nerd.



Date and Time:
+ Show Spoiler +
Chill....+ Show Spoiler +
or get hype.




Tyler will be doing this as safely as possible and under supervision.
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 25 2011 00:14 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!
so relax and enjoy.




Tyelr's Vlog's
+ Show Spoiler +
Vlog #1 !!!
Vlog # 2 !!!

BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 13:20:18
August 23 2011 13:20 GMT
#2
Where can I get a Krispy Kreme donut in Germany?
Otherwise, I am in!
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 23 2011 13:22 GMT
#3
In short: No, I will not be ready.

I will, however, walk 2.62 miles, very slowly, drink 2.62 liters of soda (19 years old :D), eat 2.62 donuts, do 2.62 pull-ups (then fall over and die), and win 2.62 ladder games (it will only take me 50 games to accomplish this) in 2.62 weeks.

Why?
Because fuck yeah, that's why.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 23 2011 13:24 GMT
#4
On August 23 2011 22:20 JustPassingBy wrote:
Where can I get a Krispy Kreme donut in Germany?
Otherwise, I am in!

I've never seen one here, but we have Dunkin' Doughnuts at the Düsseldorf main station. I bet Tyler would accept the substitution.
The frumious Bandersnatch
ICarrotU
Profile Joined February 2011
United States254 Posts
August 23 2011 13:25 GMT
#5
What's a Baler Marathon Challenge?

Watched the VOD shortly after he put it up, very very interesting to watch, the insight into a player's life/thoughts is pretty awesome, I would love to see more from him and other players. I await this challenge with much anticipation.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
August 23 2011 13:28 GMT
#6
On August 23 2011 22:24 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 22:20 JustPassingBy wrote:
Where can I get a Krispy Kreme donut in Germany?
Otherwise, I am in!

I've never seen one here, but we have Dunkin' Doughnuts at the Düsseldorf main station. I bet Tyler would accept the substitution.


Well, no Dunkin' Doughnuts where I live, sadly.
In fact, I didn't even knew of them before I went to a conference in Berlin.
I've never seen them in the U.S. either,
seems that not even every big city there has one.

We do have some shops which sell doughnuts though, I'll get them from there.
Zero.Tha.Hero
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
August 23 2011 13:28 GMT
#7
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]
Artifice
Profile Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
August 23 2011 13:30 GMT
#8
Is a Baler someone who really likes Christian Bale movies?
dcp
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom45 Posts
August 23 2011 13:32 GMT
#9
In other news, TeamLiquid charged as causation for 4,873 heart attacks in a single day.
"Me fail English? That’s unpossible!"
billyX333
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1360 Posts
August 23 2011 13:35 GMT
#10
On August 23 2011 22:22 Chargelot wrote:
In short: No, I will not be ready.

I will, however, walk 2.62 miles, very slowly, drink 2.62 liters of soda (19 years old :D), eat 2.62 donuts, do 2.62 pull-ups (then fall over and die), and win 2.62 ladder games (it will only take me 50 games to accomplish this) in 2.62 weeks.

Why?
Because fuck yeah, that's why.

I'll walk .262 miles. about as much as i can do without straining my nerd body
Mammel
Profile Joined November 2010
Finland189 Posts
August 23 2011 13:35 GMT
#11
26.2 hours... To do that.. You're dead, farewell .
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
August 23 2011 13:35 GMT
#12
26 victories, averaging 20 minutes per game, with say a 60% winrate, thats;
26x20=520 min. = 8.66 hours of won games
5.2*40=208 min. = 3.46 hours of lost games
say, 12 hours of playing SC2 while being drunk, tired, and stuffed, man I can't wait :D
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 23 2011 13:36 GMT
#13
On August 23 2011 22:28 Zero.Tha.Hero wrote:
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]


Cause he's gonna cut, rake, chop, and compress some noob talent points, and bring them back to Master Tasteless.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
BrodiaQ
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States892 Posts
August 23 2011 13:36 GMT
#14
Challenge accepted!
"So come right up and let me squash your creativity with my iron fist of conservative play."--Nony
Heavenly
Profile Joined January 2011
2172 Posts
August 23 2011 13:41 GMT
#15
wat. Anyone who manages to do half of this is the sickest nerd baller. Almost no one can do 26 x 10 pullups, an extremely small percentage of people can do one set of 26 pullups. My roommates literally sometimes start their morning off with a beer and go through a case a day between them but aren't going to be drinking 26 alcoholic beverages. 26.2 miles takes forever to jog, that's almost the entire day right there. And the combined calories of the alcohol and donuts will be around 8k calories which is almost impossible for a person to consume barring Michael Phelps unless they are literally just sitting in place the entire time.

so wut

good luck
"thx for all my fans i'm many lost but cheer for me .. i lost but so happy my power is fans i will good play this is promise my fans" - oGsMC
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 23 2011 13:42 GMT
#16
On August 23 2011 22:28 Zero.Tha.Hero wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]

It was only 3 times.... shhh..... fixed
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
August 23 2011 13:43 GMT
#17
Whoa, that challenge sounds incredibly hard. Blizzard should implement an achievement for that! Personally, i can hardly imagine to master a single one of those myself within 26,2 hours...
formerly spinnaker.
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
August 23 2011 13:44 GMT
#18
On August 23 2011 22:42 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 22:28 Zero.Tha.Hero wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]

It was only 3 times.... shhh..... fixed

It.. isn't? lol
Good OP apart from the "baler" bit haha
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 23 2011 13:46 GMT
#19
On August 23 2011 22:42 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 22:28 Zero.Tha.Hero wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]

It was only 3 times.... shhh..... fixed


Check your baner.
See what I did there?
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
PonyWA
Profile Joined July 2011
19 Posts
August 23 2011 13:47 GMT
#20
I recommend only 6 pooling to save time (-:
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
Artosis 666
White-Ra 114
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm187
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv289
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe128
Other Games
summit1g8482
shahzam584
JimRising 495
C9.Mang0309
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream323
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 30m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 30m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.