• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9722 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
1nfamous
Profile Joined October 2009
107 Posts
August 23 2011 17:58 GMT
#81
if you can pull this off you are the sickest nerd baller of all time.
in tyler we trust!
Porkz
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark1027 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 18:02:59
August 23 2011 18:02 GMT
#82
This sounds pretty awesome, can't wait to see it!

Liquid`Tyler Hwaiting!
Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
August 23 2011 18:07 GMT
#83
So some suggestions for the stream get an overlay that has a countdown timer on it!!
I am Godzilla You are Japan
khaosis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada96 Posts
August 23 2011 18:12 GMT
#84
Seems incredibly hard to drink 26 drinks and win 26 games. I'd be so hammered I wouldn't know the difference between my mouse and penis. Good luck to Tyler and anyone else attempting this!
Alea Iacta Est
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
August 23 2011 18:13 GMT
#85
This sounds awesome. This should be a new tournament rule set.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
August 23 2011 18:19 GMT
#86
Protip:

Pull-ups/Chin-ups actually do not use the biceps that much. These exercises are focused on the big upper back muscles called Latissimus Dorsi. If you see someone with a broad back and broad upper body in general, they have probably done a lot of pull-ups/chin-ups.

I exercise this a lot, however I would have problems doing a set of 10 (I weigh 177 pounds). Multiply that by 26... and it would be a nightmare. I will be extremely impressed if Tyler manages to do this. He would be a baller of giganormous proportions.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 23 2011 18:24 GMT
#87
On August 24 2011 03:19 Dystisis wrote:
Protip:

Pull-ups/Chin-ups actually do not use the biceps that much. These exercises are focused on the big upper back muscles called Latissimus Dorsi. If you see someone with a broad back and broad upper body in general, they have probably done a lot of pull-ups/chin-ups.

I exercise this a lot, however I would have problems doing a set of 10 (I weigh 177 pounds). Multiply that by 26... and it would be a nightmare. I will be extremely impressed if Tyler manages to do this. He would be a baller of giganormous proportions.


Ten pull ups, while challenging, is not beyond someone in good(great) physical shape. 26 sets would obviously have to be spread out over a long period of time so I'm with you on that.

I think Tyler is going to have to take a management style approach to this challenge and try to spread some of these out. If he tried to save 5 sets of pull ups for the last twenty minutes good luck!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 23 2011 18:25 GMT
#88
On August 24 2011 03:19 Dystisis wrote:
Protip:

Pull-ups/Chin-ups actually do not use the biceps that much. These exercises are focused on the big upper back muscles called Latissimus Dorsi. If you see someone with a broad back and broad upper body in general, they have probably done a lot of pull-ups/chin-ups.

I exercise this a lot, however I would have problems doing a set of 10 (I weigh 177 pounds). Multiply that by 26... and it would be a nightmare. I will be extremely impressed if Tyler manages to do this. He would be a baller of giganormous proportions.

The one the guy is doing in the picture is the one that is Tyler is going to do and it works the bicep mostly. The over hand wider grip one definitely works the lats tho.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
EternalSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden313 Posts
August 23 2011 18:28 GMT
#89
This is



Amazing
SHIT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
August 23 2011 18:30 GMT
#90
On August 24 2011 03:24 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 03:19 Dystisis wrote:
Protip:

Pull-ups/Chin-ups actually do not use the biceps that much. These exercises are focused on the big upper back muscles called Latissimus Dorsi. If you see someone with a broad back and broad upper body in general, they have probably done a lot of pull-ups/chin-ups.

I exercise this a lot, however I would have problems doing a set of 10 (I weigh 177 pounds). Multiply that by 26... and it would be a nightmare. I will be extremely impressed if Tyler manages to do this. He would be a baller of giganormous proportions.


Ten pull ups, while challenging, is not beyond someone in good(great) physical shape. 26 sets would obviously have to be spread out over a long period of time so I'm with you on that.

I think Tyler is going to have to take a management style approach to this challenge and try to spread some of these out. If he tried to save 5 sets of pull ups for the last twenty minutes good luck!

I agree, ten pulls ups isn't that difficult with some training. However, sets of ten pull-ups after already having done 4-5++ sets earlier the same day is incredibly hard, at least to me. The muscle power sort of start to diminish and it takes a day or two before they are fully 'recharged'.

That is, of course, unless 10 pull-ups is actually pretty easy for Tyler. The only way I see this happening is if he works out every day from now until the day he plans this challenge.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
August 23 2011 18:31 GMT
#91
sounds awesome will look forward to this
High Risk Low Reward
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 18:33:08
August 23 2011 18:32 GMT
#92
I can do all of it except drinking. I don't drink
Will it be appropriate to change that part?
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
August 23 2011 18:39 GMT
#93
On August 24 2011 03:32 LesPhoques wrote:
I can do all of it except drinking. I don't drink
Will it be appropriate to change that part?

I believe bear semen is an appropriate substitute.
StarCraft64
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States354 Posts
August 23 2011 18:43 GMT
#94
There's no time to run out and get the donuts, and KK donuts must be purchased only after the Hot Now light is on and devoured not long after.

This means that you will need a donut errand boy/girl to scout and retrieve fresh KK donuts upon your command. I pray that you are in close proximity to a KK, else you may be forced to eat lukewarm, or possibly even room temperature donuts. Godspeed.
Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 23 2011 18:44 GMT
#95
On August 24 2011 03:32 LesPhoques wrote:
I can do all of it except drinking. I don't drink
Will it be appropriate to change that part?

Of course, you should try and substitute 26.2 something awesomes in instead tho.

If that other guy can reduce everything by an order of 10 you can sure substitute something ;p
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
August 23 2011 18:44 GMT
#96
I think doing just one of these things will be almost impossible for me haha I can barely do 5 pullups, run a few miles without falling over, i HATE donuts, i dont drink, and i play about 5 starcraft games a day. I'm such a failure

This sounds really extreme though, cant wait!
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
AraMoOse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada66 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 18:50:01
August 23 2011 18:46 GMT
#97
GJ Tyler, I'm so happy you're finding ways to motivate yourself! Over the past few months I've grown more and more fond of you as a player and as a person. I`ve faced a lot of difficulties which you seem to be trying to overcome. I hope this endeavor motivates you sufficiently because as long as you are motivated to, you can be the best SC2 pro in the world.

Don't take it as additional pressure, but keep in mind there are many of us who look up to you and gain some courage just because we see you fighting. You're an inspiration to some of us.

Tyler Running/drinking/eating/pulling/FIGHTING!!!!
Raynor for President
Galaxy613
Profile Joined March 2011
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 19:02:48
August 23 2011 18:47 GMT
#98
Please get Day[9] to commentate your stream with a play-by-play!

I sorta think the .2 doughnut might be the hardest thing to do. Who eats only 1/5th of a donut?!
100,000 lightyears of awesome.
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
August 23 2011 18:51 GMT
#99
On August 24 2011 03:47 Galaxy613 wrote:
Please get Day[9] to commentate your stream with a play-by-play!

Haha yeah that would be hilarious.
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 23 2011 19:01 GMT
#100
the pull-ups are uncool everything else could be done by sheer willpower I guess
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech166
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1057
Mini 918
Soma 761
actioN 462
Rush 384
Light 332
Horang2 316
Stork 276
BeSt 266
Larva 266
[ Show more ]
Snow 236
ggaemo 236
hero 226
Killer 111
firebathero 111
Barracks 110
Aegong 102
Sea.KH 85
Zeus 79
Dewaltoss 68
Shine 61
JYJ 48
soO 43
Sexy 37
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 24
zelot 17
Rock 17
sorry 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
qojqva1794
Dendi674
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
x6flipin439
fl0m69
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4962
Khaldor578
Other Games
gofns46850
singsing1585
B2W.Neo886
byalli502
Lowko369
Mlord264
DeMusliM211
Livibee189
KnowMe180
Liquid`VortiX160
ArmadaUGS96
Trikslyr32
Chillindude16
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
WardiTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream195
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH134
• StrangeGG 68
• mYiSmile118
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV386
League of Legends
• Nemesis2229
• Jankos1805
• TFBlade571
Other Games
• Shiphtur75
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 47m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.