• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:37
CEST 16:37
KST 23:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9125 users

[Q] E-sportsbar in Stockholm.

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 16:18:25
May 12 2011 17:53 GMT
#1
Hello fello Liquiders!

So i've been thinking lately about starting up an e-sportsbar in Stockholm or possibly just approaching an already existing bar host sort of a theme-night with e-sports of all sorts (i'm thinking cs, HoN and ofcourse SC2) and i'm checking TL to see if there's actually demand for something like this.

If you have some thoughts on the matter or demands for it to be a success, feel free to share!

Poll: Would you go to an E-sports bar if there was one in Stockholm?

I would love to go to an E-Sportsbar! (967)
 
88%

I'd love to go to an Esportsbar, but i'm not 18. (61)
 
6%

I would go to an E-sportthemed night if its once a week. (42)
 
4%

E-sportsbar? I want to watch E-sports alone at home rather than at a bar. (27)
 
2%

1097 total votes

Your vote: Would you go to an E-sports bar if there was one in Stockholm?

(Vote): I would love to go to an E-Sportsbar!
(Vote): I would go to an E-sportthemed night if its once a week.
(Vote): E-sportsbar? I want to watch E-sports alone at home rather than at a bar.
(Vote): I'd love to go to an Esportsbar, but i'm not 18.



Edit:

Will hopefully *fingers crossed* rent a bar for the MLG Columbus Semifinal + Finals on the MLG sunday and just thought i'd throw up another poll to see how many will come.

To keep this a bit more under control I ask you not to vote if you're not from sweden.

So for the swedes!


Poll: Do you want to come watch the MLG with likeminded people at a bar?

Yes (126)
 
94%

Maybe (5)
 
4%

No (3)
 
2%

134 total votes

Your vote: Do you want to come watch the MLG with likeminded people at a bar?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): Maybe



You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
AntiSleep
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada91 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-12 17:55:20
May 12 2011 17:54 GMT
#2
that sounds like a interesting idea, but i think once a week at most, unless it was also a cybercafe too? then atleast you will always have people hanging around and drinking.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
May 12 2011 17:56 GMT
#3
I think that concept is awesome, and I'd glady go if I didn't live in the United States.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Dee-Kej
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-12 18:05:01
May 12 2011 17:58 GMT
#4
Noooooo, you stole my idea! (that wouldn't have been implemented in years)

I would so go. O_O And I can, since I live in Stockholm. Woohoo!

Edit: I'd even lend a hand making it possible if I could (in terms of manpower)
Going progame(make)r!!
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
May 12 2011 18:00 GMT
#5
That sounds like a really interesting concept. I don't live in sweden, but if there was a club near my place that specialized in that clientele I would definatly show up from time to time

I'm not entirely convinced that there is a large market for that kind of thing though. But then again there is probably a bigger market for that kind of thing in Stockholm then where I live in downtown Detroit XD
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
May 12 2011 18:00 GMT
#6
I would travel just to go to that The details of how to implement such things seem a bit tricky though ( for a pure e-sport bar), best of luck and hope you succeed!
really?
Morale
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1010 Posts
May 12 2011 18:01 GMT
#7
I clicked wrong option i was gunna go for "I would love to go to an E-Sportsbar!" but went for "I'd love to go to an Esportsbar, but i'm not 18."

Would be awesome, if its possible it would be nice if u could watch GSL and maybe NASL there aswell, times would be far from optimal tho. Also show some online weekly leagues. Maybe invite the progamers currentley in Stockholm!
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
May 12 2011 18:02 GMT
#8
Is this a drinking bar?

If so yes and see you in Sweden when it opens
Nak Allstar.
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
May 12 2011 18:03 GMT
#9
Huh Oh, this is really a great idea. I believe you will need to have a pcbang during the day and open the bar part at something like 7 or 8pm. this way you could have the people hanging at the pcbang take a drink and watch some matches.
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
futsel
Profile Joined August 2006
163 Posts
May 12 2011 18:05 GMT
#10
damn! if there was a e-sport bar at my city, this would be the place I'd spent my evenings at!
great idea, hope it works out (financially).
it's all a joke
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 12 2011 18:06 GMT
#11
I don't drink, but I always loved social gathering places to watch sports, I just don't like sports besides Football, so this would work.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
JLew
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada353 Posts
May 12 2011 18:08 GMT
#12
I'm in Canada so it's irrelevant, but in a big enough city with enough gamers ( from what I read there is a ton in Stockholm ) this would be a good idea to try out if you could do it for cheap enough. I think you would need to have it serve as a PC bang during the days so people under 18 can get in and play and then after 9 PM 18 + and serve alcohol and broadcast matches.
@Triumph_eSports . www.Triumph-eSports.com
Apoo
Profile Joined January 2011
413 Posts
May 12 2011 18:11 GMT
#13
I think its a great idea and it can be succesful, its a matter of where do you set it up to reach your target group. And of course you need to promote it so that you get some guests
Hellie
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden94 Posts
May 12 2011 18:15 GMT
#14
I seriously doubt you can dedicate an entire bar to E-sports, not yet anyway. However, having theme-nights with e-sports would be awesome, and would definitely draw quite a crowd if decently advertised. I hope this idea becomes more than just an idea, seeing as I live in Stockholm. GL!
It's the least I can do.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
May 12 2011 18:15 GMT
#15
If there was one nearby me, in US, I'd go there all the time! Probably way more realistic in the esports countries in Europe like Netherlands/Sweden, though. A nerd can only dream....
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
May 12 2011 18:16 GMT
#16
If I ever visit Stockholm I will be sure to visit your E-sports bar if it is ever constructed, I really hope your idea works. Check out the Mana bar in Australia, its a similar concept that has worked out really well.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
May 12 2011 18:17 GMT
#17
Sounds awesome... Going to sweden for a week in august, and if this is open by then I'll wanna go any chance I get
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 12 2011 18:31 GMT
#18
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I've been thinking about the internetcafé side of things aswell, but computers take a lot of room, they heat up the room and it might be a serious firehazard to have a bunch of computers near intoxicated gamers. But its definetly worth thinking of a way around all that!

What I thought about was just having some sort of collaboration with Inferno Online and having a reduced prices for beer in return for a free hour of gaming at their place or something like that.

I'll probably start looking at bars for a themenight tomorrow and see if there's any barowners that might be interrested in something like this, I hope that there's a few openminded swedes left in the restaurant business!

You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
[sPoOn]
Profile Joined April 2011
United States29 Posts
May 12 2011 18:33 GMT
#19
On May 13 2011 03:15 Alejandrisha wrote:
If there was one nearby me, in US, I'd go there all the time! Probably way more realistic in the esports countries in Europe like Netherlands/Sweden, though. A nerd can only dream....

where in the states do u live? i'm thinking of opening one in NY, seeing all the chit-chat going on about TSL3 final and after party, would be good to do. But it needs to have enough option to keep it interesting. besides, most of the clientele is -21 which is drinking age here so it' gets more complicated.
You may run, but be prepared to feel a sharp and fatal pain between your shoulder blades.
JoxxOr
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden1502 Posts
May 12 2011 18:34 GMT
#20
I would love going to an e-sport bar. Please keep us updated if it ever comes to life !
Gör om, gör rätt
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 535
SteadfastSC472
TaKeTV 438
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 147
Rex143
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 472
LamboSC2 290
IndyStarCraft 147
Rex 143
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 26
Aegong 24
Yoon 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 22
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8670
Dendi915
qojqva818
Fuzer 159
420jenkins138
Counter-Strike
markeloff195
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2223
crisheroes1415
XaKoH 176
Other Games
singsing2198
B2W.Neo905
Hui .190
Liquid`VortiX189
ArmadaUGS152
Mew2King103
QueenE91
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 10
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2101
League of Legends
• Nemesis2603
• Jankos2314
• TFBlade877
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 24m
Stellar Fest
22h 24m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.