• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8184 users

[Q] E-sportsbar in Stockholm. - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Goatman61
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway17 Posts
May 13 2011 16:10 GMT
#81
I would go if i could. but i don't live in Stockholm so... but if there was something that awesome there i want to live there.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
May 13 2011 16:18 GMT
#82
http://www.kyotolounge.com/

Something along the lines of this?

Read about it a week or so ago on Rockpapershotgun, a unique idea indeed. I wonder how much money there actually is in a genuine cross between bar and internet cafe with a high-quality feel to it.

Most internet cafe's in Holland are populated with:

1) People that can't afford internet
2) People with hair to their knees

They are also almost always filled to the brim with a stench of weed. Not exactly the kind of place where i would like to be seen, let alone spend an entire night.
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 16:24:46
May 13 2011 16:21 GMT
#83
I'd check it out for sure. I love e-sports and alcohol.

If such a place existed, there's no way in hell I'd ever watch a MSL/OSL/GSL/TSL final at home by myself again.
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 13 2011 16:46 GMT
#84
On May 14 2011 01:18 zalz wrote:
http://www.kyotolounge.com/

Something along the lines of this?

Read about it a week or so ago on Rockpapershotgun, a unique idea indeed. I wonder how much money there actually is in a genuine cross between bar and internet cafe with a high-quality feel to it.

Most internet cafe's in Holland are populated with:

1) People that can't afford internet
2) People with hair to their knees

They are also almost always filled to the brim with a stench of weed. Not exactly the kind of place where i would like to be seen, let alone spend an entire night.


Not sure, but I'm not too convinced about that concept, that just feels like a luxury pc cafe rather than sportsbar that airs the finest e-sports around.

The idea of having computers around is tempting but It's not what I'm looking at right now.
You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
NorthernRiver
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-13 16:51:53
May 13 2011 16:47 GMT
#85
To be honest I probably wouldn't go. The people I go to bars with don't like eSports (probably haven't even heard of it) and I'm sure there are others with friends like me. Also, a lot of people following eSports aren't legally allowed to drink. I'm sure there will be bars like this in the future but maybe it's too narrow to make profit of it today.

It's a cool concept though so good luck if you choose to pursue the idea!
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 13 2011 16:49 GMT
#86
On May 14 2011 01:21 hifriend wrote:
I'd check it out for sure. I love e-sports and alcohol.

If such a place existed, there's no way in hell I'd ever watch a MSL/OSL/GSL/TSL final at home by myself again.


Doing liveshows of Korean finals might be hard due to the difference in timezones, would you still go if the final was aired at the bar a few hours after it was played?
You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
HereBeDragons
Profile Joined May 2011
1429 Posts
May 13 2011 16:50 GMT
#87
On May 14 2011 01:47 NorthernRiver wrote:
To be honest I probably wouldn't go. The people I go to bars with don't like eSports (probably haven't even heard of it) and I'm sure there are others with friends like me. Also, a lot of people following eSports aren't legally allowed to drink. I'm sure there will be bars like this in the future but maybe it's too narrow to make profit of it today.

It's a cool concept though so good luck if you choose to pursue the idea!

I agree, brilliant idea, but from a business stand point it might be too hard to stay profitable.
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
May 13 2011 17:28 GMT
#88
On May 14 2011 01:49 Hasse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 01:21 hifriend wrote:
I'd check it out for sure. I love e-sports and alcohol.

If such a place existed, there's no way in hell I'd ever watch a MSL/OSL/GSL/TSL final at home by myself again.


Doing liveshows of Korean finals might be hard due to the difference in timezones, would you still go if the final was aired at the bar a few hours after it was played?

Yeah I considered that and I definitely would.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
May 13 2011 17:35 GMT
#89
On May 14 2011 01:46 Hasse wrote:

Not sure, but I'm not too convinced about that concept, that just feels like a luxury pc cafe rather than sportsbar that airs the finest e-sports around.


the actual pcbang area is only a small part of that place, there's plenty of actual bar space to drink where they also have 360/ps3 and can show sports events etc
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
May 13 2011 17:48 GMT
#90
On May 14 2011 01:47 NorthernRiver wrote:
To be honest I probably wouldn't go. The people I go to bars with don't like eSports (probably haven't even heard of it) and I'm sure there are others with friends like me. Also, a lot of people following eSports aren't legally allowed to drink. I'm sure there will be bars like this in the future but maybe it's too narrow to make profit of it today.

It's a cool concept though so good luck if you choose to pursue the idea!

I am sure most people passionate about esports would either have at least 1 friend interested in e-sports, or be able\willing to go to it alone to meet likeminded people. Going to a supposed e-sports bar would not be your average going out drinking experience I guess.

I definitely think there could be a market for something like this in the bigger cities. Though making it an all out e-sportsbar might be a bit too hopeful. But just starting more of a "regular" type bar, where people can come and have a drink and hang out, and giving it a gaming theme (not going as far as mana bar in my opinion) Just having like some Arcade Machines and some Gaming decorations but still making it somewhat of a regular bar. Then having a weekly esports night (Also adding specific events such as Finals etc.) Could also have various other 'themed'/'event' nights, running game tournaments (Thinking more silly\console game tournaments than E-sports tournaments though) etc.

This would accomplish a couple of things, first of all not going full gaming would not alienate the rest of the world. If you make it a fullblown esports bar/gaming bar a lot of people will not be that interested in going there, and even e-sports enthusiasts might be hesitant to bring their friends there. So you can both keep a somewhat "regular"clientelle and possibly convert some of them to esports fans through the esports nights, while still not relying 100% on the esports crowd to keep the place running. Secondly, without going too far in my generalizations, I am sure there are tons of "e-sports" enthusiasts, who do not go out to bars that much, but who would enjoy going to bars every now and then (even on non e-sports nights) if it was in an environment they knew and were comfortable in, and had people they knew and a lot of people whom with they shared the same interest of gaming\e-sports. And Although I have little experience with running a bar myself, I am under the impression that a lot of bars rely very heavily on the return customers who hang out at their favorite watering hole. I am sure if done right that a gaming bar could get a lot of veteran customers as there are a lot of gamers in most cities who are ripe for the picking in being your return customers.

I don't think the age thing is as big of a deal, tons of people above 18 (drinking age in sweden) are interested in e-sports, and you could always allow younger people in for events I guess, and have some sort of bracelet system for alcoholic drinks. That being said its not like younger people do not have fake ID's and/or borrow ID's =p

One of the bigger drawbacks as mentioned is the tournament times, GSL and TSL And other big tournaments are not that often run in prime bar time, so I am guessing either this needs to be fixed by the tournament organizers in a way that NASL Has done, or just having taping them and having recast of them yourself ( I am unsure of how hard it would be to be allowed to do that. For tournaments like TSL it would probably be a breeze for obvious reasons, no idea with GSL though.)

For questions about licensing I would atleast start out by just mailing the respective companies and tell them about your idea and ask what you would\would not be allowed to use. I know some companies (for example blizzard) are often very supportive of their community and do not mind people using their work as long as it is not done in the spirit of directly profiting from it.

Why are my posts always so long : (
Wat
pluu.mooh
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Austria142 Posts
May 14 2011 07:32 GMT
#91
Why are my posts always so long : (


Because there is brain involved! Good analysis of yours
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
May 14 2011 07:38 GMT
#92
Damn this is an awesome idea! Bring it man, ill stop by most nights if you do!
God is dead.
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
May 14 2011 07:52 GMT
#93
[image loading]

In Australia, Brisbane has the mana bar. It's a bar with video game themed drinks, Consoles with fun games (nooby) and trivia nights with Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee.

It's not geared toward e-sports but thats because Australia is virtually an e-sports wasteland.

A similar idea.
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
fidelity
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden410 Posts
May 14 2011 08:40 GMT
#94
Sound awsome man, I'm probably moving to stockholm to study in august and I'll definetly drop by!
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
May 14 2011 08:44 GMT
#95
You need to let us know if this happens!
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 14 2011 09:00 GMT
#96
On May 14 2011 02:48 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 01:47 NorthernRiver wrote:
To be honest I probably wouldn't go. The people I go to bars with don't like eSports (probably haven't even heard of it) and I'm sure there are others with friends like me. Also, a lot of people following eSports aren't legally allowed to drink. I'm sure there will be bars like this in the future but maybe it's too narrow to make profit of it today.

It's a cool concept though so good luck if you choose to pursue the idea!

I am sure most people passionate about esports would either have at least 1 friend interested in e-sports, or be able\willing to go to it alone to meet likeminded people. Going to a supposed e-sports bar would not be your average going out drinking experience I guess.

I definitely think there could be a market for something like this in the bigger cities. Though making it an all out e-sportsbar might be a bit too hopeful. But just starting more of a "regular" type bar, where people can come and have a drink and hang out, and giving it a gaming theme (not going as far as mana bar in my opinion) Just having like some Arcade Machines and some Gaming decorations but still making it somewhat of a regular bar. Then having a weekly esports night (Also adding specific events such as Finals etc.) Could also have various other 'themed'/'event' nights, running game tournaments (Thinking more silly\console game tournaments than E-sports tournaments though) etc.

This would accomplish a couple of things, first of all not going full gaming would not alienate the rest of the world. If you make it a fullblown esports bar/gaming bar a lot of people will not be that interested in going there, and even e-sports enthusiasts might be hesitant to bring their friends there. So you can both keep a somewhat "regular"clientelle and possibly convert some of them to esports fans through the esports nights, while still not relying 100% on the esports crowd to keep the place running. Secondly, without going too far in my generalizations, I am sure there are tons of "e-sports" enthusiasts, who do not go out to bars that much, but who would enjoy going to bars every now and then (even on non e-sports nights) if it was in an environment they knew and were comfortable in, and had people they knew and a lot of people whom with they shared the same interest of gaming\e-sports. And Although I have little experience with running a bar myself, I am under the impression that a lot of bars rely very heavily on the return customers who hang out at their favorite watering hole. I am sure if done right that a gaming bar could get a lot of veteran customers as there are a lot of gamers in most cities who are ripe for the picking in being your return customers.

I don't think the age thing is as big of a deal, tons of people above 18 (drinking age in sweden) are interested in e-sports, and you could always allow younger people in for events I guess, and have some sort of bracelet system for alcoholic drinks. That being said its not like younger people do not have fake ID's and/or borrow ID's =p

One of the bigger drawbacks as mentioned is the tournament times, GSL and TSL And other big tournaments are not that often run in prime bar time, so I am guessing either this needs to be fixed by the tournament organizers in a way that NASL Has done, or just having taping them and having recast of them yourself ( I am unsure of how hard it would be to be allowed to do that. For tournaments like TSL it would probably be a breeze for obvious reasons, no idea with GSL though.)

For questions about licensing I would atleast start out by just mailing the respective companies and tell them about your idea and ask what you would\would not be allowed to use. I know some companies (for example blizzard) are often very supportive of their community and do not mind people using their work as long as it is not done in the spirit of directly profiting from it.

Why are my posts always so long : (


This has pretty become my idea of the place because of all the reason you mentioned.

Now that the idea is in place and quite a few people are excited I need to check with nasl,gsl etc and also get some funding since I don't have the ~2 million SEK that it'll take to start this up.
You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
Johnnybb
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark486 Posts
May 14 2011 09:56 GMT
#97
I would get out of my house and take a train from Copenhagen to Stockholm right now :3
ULTRAmarine
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden47 Posts
May 14 2011 10:18 GMT
#98
since i consider stockholm to be swedens asshole i never go there and i probably wouldn't travel several hours for a bar night either

the idea is good though, i already spend my weekends drinking beer and watching starcraft.
not in a sad way
CEPEHDREI
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1521 Posts
May 14 2011 10:39 GMT
#99
best of luck with that. it sounds awesome.
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
May 14 2011 11:13 GMT
#100
I mean there's no real reason to have a poll for this, of course everyone on Teamliquid is going to say "Esports bar? HELL YAHHH OMG". You should ask the local young folks around Sweden. And I agree it shouldn't be all out esports all the time, diversify it and branch out.

You'd probably have to work with just rebroadcasts so everything would be during normal bar hours. And then you have to figure that lots of people interested in esports are just going to watch the events live anyway. Something like this can be done though, and Sweden seems like an appropriate place for it...
"If you can chill..........then chill."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings55
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13330
Rain 2229
Artosis 608
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3551
Counter-Strike
taco 164
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox718
Mew2King203
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1013
Other Games
summit1g8764
Day[9].tv653
shahzam632
JimRising 510
PiGStarcraft309
C9.Mang0256
ArmadaUGS85
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 159
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv653
• Scarra608
• Shiphtur193
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 8m
OSC
21h 8m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.