• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:47
CEST 19:47
KST 02:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7195 users

sc2 keeps crashing

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Cirno
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada168 Posts
March 24 2011 02:05 GMT
#1
Hello. I looked around to see if this may have been a patch problem or something but couldn't find anything on it. Basically, after about 5 - 20 minutes of playing a game my starcraft crashes and I get this error

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
occurred at 0023:2619D6A8. The memory at '0x2619D6A8' could not be executed.

I tried to google but that didnt help. I even tried to reinstall starcraft 2 and that didnt help either. It happens in every single ladder or custom I tried to play so I have no idea. Any help would be great, thanks.
NrG.Cirno
seAman
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada20 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 13:01:11
March 24 2011 12:55 GMT
#2
I've been having the same problem since the new patch came out =\.

Strangely enough i tested out playing team games on ladder and my game didn't seem to crash but after 1 or 2 1v1 ladder games my game crashes. If I do find a solution I'll definitely post it but i really have no idea what to do at the moment..
If you give a man a drone... He'll have a drone.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
March 24 2011 14:15 GMT
#3
I've also been getting constant crashes while watching 1.2.2 replays.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
March 24 2011 15:05 GMT
#4
On March 24 2011 21:55 seAman wrote:
I've been having the same problem since the new patch came out =\.

Strangely enough i tested out playing team games on ladder and my game didn't seem to crash but after 1 or 2 1v1 ladder games my game crashes. If I do find a solution I'll definitely post it but i really have no idea what to do at the moment..


Same here. Seems to happen to me in 1v1 exclusively. Weird.
weaknurse
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia320 Posts
March 24 2011 16:16 GMT
#5
I have also been experiencing this.
Jimmeh
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom908 Posts
March 24 2011 16:31 GMT
#6
Yeah ever since the new patch my SC2's been crashing like crazy. Lost at least 10 ladder games because of it.
Rasva_Pallo
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland126 Posts
March 24 2011 16:37 GMT
#7
My starcraft crashes everytime before the log in.
I have kinda old comp and before this patch I could barely play sc2 1v1 with minimum graphic settings. Tho it never crashed before, it was just sometimes slow.
Whatever, go to ---> wesnoth.org
Spartan.dk
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark1 Post
March 24 2011 16:37 GMT
#8
I can't connect to patch server after the new fixes (( HELP ME PLZ
seAman
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada20 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 23:53:02
March 24 2011 23:52 GMT
#9
Running SC2 as administrator seems to have fixed it. I was able to play 4 ladder games with no problems before i stopped playing so hope it works for you guys
If you give a man a drone... He'll have a drone.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 08:13:53
March 25 2011 06:23 GMT
#10
I think I fixed mine. Didn't crash for 6 or so games.

I removed Sc2 from anti-virus protection

Update: doesn't work!
This is Aru
Profile Joined August 2010
United States91 Posts
March 25 2011 06:27 GMT
#11
On March 25 2011 15:23 LaiShin wrote:
I think I fixed mine. Didn't crash for 6 or so games.

I removed Sc2 from anti-virus protection

It could be that because the files were recently modified that it was watching them more closely or something. Who knows.
aka Kasaaz
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
March 25 2011 08:13 GMT
#12
lol. I just crashed out of a 4v4. -_-;;
ehalf
Profile Joined September 2010
408 Posts
March 26 2011 00:09 GMT
#13
Same here. It become more frequently after the new patch. I'm thinking it might be due to the patch. I totally had about 7 crashes since the game released, 5 of them happened after 1.3.
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
March 26 2011 00:20 GMT
#14
Bnet sucks now after the patch.

sighhhhhhh
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
seAman
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada20 Posts
March 26 2011 00:36 GMT
#15
Yah, I actually crashed too after my "fix"..

Blizzard ignores this problem on their forums too.. :\
If you give a man a drone... He'll have a drone.
Doriboi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States181 Posts
March 26 2011 07:50 GMT
#16
I also have this same issue. Rather aggravating.
Pew Pew! www.fusionesports.com www.facebook.com/fusionsc2
Noel Vermillion
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-26 11:23:11
March 26 2011 08:41 GMT
#17
Yeah same I've been having problems, when I go to like a custom game I made it doesn't crash but a quick match yeah it does, even while I am in a game... But I'll try that running as a Admin idea when I get off L4D.

EDIT: UPDATE

I just played around 6-7 games running it on Administrator and it worked fine. Also I did do a repair on SC2 but there was nothing wrong. Try playing as an administrator. Hope it helps!
FlaSh, Jaedong, Bisu, Free, TossGirl, Action, Stats Always BW FTW!
Doriboi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States181 Posts
March 27 2011 03:33 GMT
#18
I am curious, how many people have ATI cards? I wonder if it graphics related again?
Pew Pew! www.fusionesports.com www.facebook.com/fusionsc2
i3onez
Profile Joined February 2010
United States18 Posts
March 27 2011 05:44 GMT
#19
Also Crashing. ATI Radeon 5770 HD x2
weaknurse
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia320 Posts
March 27 2011 05:53 GMT
#20
On March 27 2011 12:33 Doriboi wrote:
I am curious, how many people have ATI cards? I wonder if it graphics related again?

Hmm GTX 470 here.

Blizzard still have no response on the official forums, very disappointing.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
22:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1095
SteadfastSC876
ComeBackTV 782
TaKeTV 611
IndyStarCraft 240
Rex125
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 876
IndyStarCraft 240
ProTech151
Rex 125
UpATreeSC 61
BRAT_OK 47
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39240
Shuttle 805
Mini 432
Rush 197
Hyuk 126
Dewaltoss 105
firebathero 82
Trap 38
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
Rock 19
Sacsri 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc10373
qojqva1722
Counter-Strike
fl0m1495
Fnx 793
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1524
Khaldor1289
Liquid`Hasu3
Other Games
FrodaN1546
Beastyqt483
Mlord227
XBOCT221
DeMusliM210
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe130
C9.Mang0110
XaKoH 99
QueenE96
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 13
summit1g9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV277
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH354
• StrangeGG 43
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix6
• 80smullet 0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie620
• Shiphtur351
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 13m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 13m
Online Event
17h 13m
FEL
22h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.