• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:07
CEST 02:07
KST 09:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10298 users

02/22 GSL Code S Winners Interviews

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
135 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 22 2011 16:22 GMT
#1
Interviews thanks to CryingPoo!

[image loading]

oGsMC

Q : How do you feel being in the Round of 16?

MC : I feel sorry to Hyperdub. But now I am in the round of 16 again, I will not show disappointing games like the last season.

Q : This is the second time you took down Hyperdub

MC : I feel worse as he is a good friend of mine. However there is not much I can do except for buying him a nice dinner and help him for the up/down matches.

Q : Seems that you have personalized your build orders?

MC : I tried to do the safest opening as possible. The latest trend for Protoss is to mainly use Collosis. But I only made three of them and focused on getting other compositions.

Q : Did you think your games work out well today?

MC : I enjoy blink chasing units and using forcefields to block the route. I am glad that I was able to show both of them today.

Q : What do you think about the new maps?

MC : Before the new maps I think Terrans played easier games. Now it is time for them to stop complaining and realize how easy it was to be a strong Terran player. I don't think new maps favour one race hugely. I think Cravasse favours Terran. The natural expo has only one gas and Terran does not need as much as gas compared to other races. I think I will eliminate Cravasse first for my next PvT.

Q : Who would you like to face in the round of 16?

MC : I have never lost to both Clide and Byun so it does not really bother me who advaces. I am ok with whoever but Zenio. Zenio also said he'd rather face MvP so we will see about that.

Q : Any last words?

MC : I had a flu. I want to thank my coach oGsTheWind for giving me some medicines. I thank Ji-Hoon who also helped me to recover. Also I thank Man-Hyuk Cho and Yun-Sick Choi for helping me practicing.


[image loading]

ST_July

Q : How do you feel after advancing?

July : I had a hard time today. Suppose there is nothing easy though. I was determined to advance with two wins but after I lost my first match, I thought to myself 'I have to face those monsters again...'

Q : Are you disappointed about that first match?

July : I took my second expansion too fast, I was pumping out drones. I lost without a fight.

Q : You won both matches against IMMvP

July : I had another build order prepared for him but I did what I did to see how it would work out. You can call me a bluffer if you want to though (laughs) but in the last match, I planned that.

Q : Seems like you were sure about your winnings

July : Making quick Banelings and Zerglings without making a Queen make this build order. If I do not allow my opponent to scout that and if Terran goes double expo after the first Barrack, I think it's an instant win.

Q : Who do you want to face in the next round?

July : I want to avoid Clide. But I want to face Byun. I want to pay him back.

Q : What is your goal?

July : I wouldn't say to win anymore (laughs). I do not like being down or like that so I always try to be confident. Now my goal is to take a successful step each.

Q : Last words?

July : I thank my teammates who helped me to practice and to fOu team as well.


[image loading]

Byun

Q : First of all, what do you want to say after advancing to the round of 16?

Byun : Good, especially this is my first win in Code S

Q : Did you have any special build order prepared for Zenio?

Byun : Not much. I practised it yesterday and thought it could win Zenio

Q : The game had very up and down moments, how did you feel?

Byun : It was strange at the beginning, but I did not expect Ultralisks to be out so I had a hard time.

Q : When were you sure about winning the match?

Byun : When I destroyed his 5 o'clock expo then straight after when Zenio attacked into my base

Q : Did you prepare Ghosts in advance?

Byun : Yes, I used them on Infestors and they were good. So I used them.

Q : Who do you want to face?

Byun : JulyZerg. I have beaten him once before as well

Q : What is your goal?

Byun : My final goal is to win Code S. And I want to get myself a puppy and to do that I have to be in the quarterfinals.

Q : There is a match between Zenio and Clide, who would like to see advancing?

Byun : I wish Clide wins the match so I can compete him for the first place.

Q : Any last words?

Byun : I thank Gang-Ho Hwang from IM, and Hyun-Seung Tak from MVP and my teammate Jong-Hwan Choi and other fOu team players including In-Su Lee


[image loading]

Clide

Q : How do you feel advancing into the next round?

Clide : I was glad previously now I feel bit numb

Q : You seemed like you had a hard time against Zenio

Clide : He had a better position. I thought he plan to gain more advantage by going into macro games but he attacked me. It was not really the right time to attack so I asked myself 'why is he doing this?'. Zenio is the guy who likes to use Hive units really well so I was worried but I guess I got lucky

Q : Idra left Korea. What is your honest opinion?

Clide : I hope he did not leave the country because of me. I was very rude to him. I hope he did not get a bad impression of Korea because of me. If he comes back to GSL and I have a seed to give, I would defintely choose him.

Q : What about you go overseas to compete?

Clide : If I have a chance I would love to. I recently found out that there are a few foreign fans out there. Through TeamLiquid my game play was casted and I got good feedbacks which surprised me. I am happy that the other side of the world know me.

Q : You will have a game against July, you mentioned earlier that you do not want to face him. I guess you could have taken the game against Byun lightly to avoid him?

Clide : That is what I did. To be honest I think Byun did the same (laughs)

Q : How would you rate July?

Clide : He is really good especially during the tournaments. His judgement is different from any other players.

Q : What is your goal for this season?

Clide : I want to advance into the round of 8. There is just something different to it than the round of 16.

Q : Any shoutouts?

Clide : Young-Un Park coach from SKT1 gave me really good advices for me to become a progamer. I changed my mind because of his advices. He said to me that everybody gets nervous so all you need to do is enjoy the game. I thank my TSL coach Woon-Jae Lee, he always looks after me. I also thank 동래구ProS who helped me behind and Gang-Ho Hawng form IM and to Won-Ki Kim (FruitDealer)
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 16:26:52
February 22 2011 16:26 GMT
#2
Q : Idra left Korea. What is your honest opinion?

Clide : I hope he did not leave the country because of me. I was very rude to him. I hope he did not get a bad impression of Korea because of me. If he comes back to GSL and I have a seed to give, I would defintely choose him.

So mannered lol, almost overly.

Nice interviews though, cheers.
StarbugPilo
Profile Joined November 2010
France37 Posts
February 22 2011 16:32 GMT
#3
Nice interviews, thanks !

For some reason, The "what is your goal" part reminded me of a certain monty python film, and made me laugh

I'm Holly, the ship's computer, with an IQ of 6000. The same IQ as 6000 P.E. Teachers.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
February 22 2011 16:32 GMT
#4
Clide talking about xeph's stream was awesome
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
February 22 2011 16:36 GMT
#5
Lol. Does Clide actually think that way? When i heard his interview live i thought he was joking/trolling.

It's nice to see how all these people are gonna miss IdrA though. Like him or hate him, he brings a whole different colour to the Korean progaming scene
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
February 22 2011 16:40 GMT
#6
yay was looking for these, thanks!
Bartundar
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
February 22 2011 16:40 GMT
#7
Good games, good interview but I can't believe MVP lost
안녕하소~
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
February 22 2011 16:41 GMT
#8
Woah, Clide's response about Idra caught me off-guard and even made me feel a bit moved.

Thanks for the trans ;3
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Xeph
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)191 Posts
February 22 2011 16:44 GMT
#9
As I said on my stream thousand times, most of the things between Korean progamers and IdrA were kinds of story-making, and actually it worked. Those stories made me excited.

동래구ProS = DongRaeGuProS = DRG = MVP_DRG = MVP_DongRaeGu
Persistent Pursuit of Perfection
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 22 2011 16:45 GMT
#10
Haha Clides so cute apologizing for Idra. I think he might be giving himself more credit though obviously Idra wouldn't leave because ANYBODY in Korea was rude to him lol
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
February 22 2011 16:45 GMT
#11
Glad Koreans are becoming more aware of SC2 outside of their own country. Go Clide!
Life is Good.
wristuzi
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1168 Posts
February 22 2011 16:46 GMT
#12
Clide being adorably mannered about IdrA :D It's great to see more Koreans becoming aware of how big the foreigner scene is and how many fans they have outside Korea ^^

Also, Byun vs July rivalry developing? SOUNDS AWESOME :D And I think Byun is my new favourite Terran, I love it when players from smaller teams do well in big tournaments.

I think these were the ideal results for today imo ^^

Thanks for the interviews (gief pics though )
MarineKingPrime ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Naniwa ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Morrow
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 18:15:59
February 22 2011 16:49 GMT
#13
thanks for posting up this trans so quickly!
Man-Hyuk Cho = (Z)JookTo
Yun-Sick Choi = (T)TheStC
Gang-Ho Hwang = (Z)Losira
Hyun-Seung Tak = (Z)Monster
Jong-Hwan Choi = (Z)CoCa
In-Su Lee = (Z)Lucky
oh yeah rehosted pictures:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Namu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
February 22 2011 16:50 GMT
#14
haha clide's stream on xeph's channel was freakin awesome.
glad he advanced with such a solid record! on the other hand, what a shock that MVP dropped out already...
EvilAngel00
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland8 Posts
February 22 2011 16:53 GMT
#15
Hey, I'm quite new here and I searched in the forums but I didn't find anything about that.

What happened exactly between Clide and Idra ? Did they fight ? :D
raf3776
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1904 Posts
February 22 2011 16:54 GMT
#16

"Q : What is your goal?

Byun : My final goal is to win Code S. And I want to get myself a puppy and to do that I have to be in the quarterfinals."


Best answer. From serious face of winning code S, to a puppy. lol
WWJD (What Would Jaedong Do)
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
February 22 2011 16:55 GMT
#17
Clideeeeeeeee!!!

God I love this interviews, brings out true characters.
Dear Sixsmith...
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51500 Posts
February 22 2011 17:05 GMT
#18
Wow Clide!such mannered person,Plus plugging TL and taking advice from coach Park(I don't hate everyone in SKT yo)
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BasilPesto
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia624 Posts
February 22 2011 17:08 GMT
#19
On February 23 2011 01:26 vyyye wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q : Idra left Korea. What is your honest opinion?

Clide : I hope he did not leave the country because of me. I was very rude to him. I hope he did not get a bad impression of Korea because of me. If he comes back to GSL and I have a seed to give, I would defintely choose him.

So mannered lol, almost overly.

Nice interviews though, cheers.


If he isn't trolling, then that is sickeningly nice of Clide.
"I before E...*sunglasses*... except after C." - Jim Carrey
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 22 2011 17:09 GMT
#20
clide on the stream was awesome. he seems such a nice guy to appreciate it all like that he said on his twitter hes kinda trying to learn english a bit too. real manner guy
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings15
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
19:00
Jungsu & Hasu #1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11177
Artosis 861
White-Ra 136
Dota 2
monkeys_forever718
League of Legends
Doublelift7150
JimRising 624
Counter-Strike
fl0m16668
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox879
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8123
KnowMe310
Maynarde177
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 53m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 53m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.