• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9632 users

GSTL Winners Interview (PlayXP)

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
72 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
February 11 2011 11:32 GMT
#1
Hey guys. I am a new member as today (well I can start posting today). I basically joined in hoping to contribute to SC2 community by translating and bringing Korea SC2 community newses (Particulary from PlayXP). I was going to post other interviews but since GSTL is over I feel that this is probably the most highlighted news. Let me know if you want to see an interview with other players, if it is available I will bring it in to English. I will also try to bring VODs those only available in korea with subtitles if it requires high demand (as long as it is ok with GomTV, I've sent an email asking for their permission and still am waiting to hear back from them). Enjoy!
-


Q : How do you feel lifting the trophy up?

Kang : I am very glad. Glad in a different way when Nestea won GSL. I wish there are more team leagues in the future. I hope this GSTL gave young players an opportunity to do well in the future as well

Nestea : This feels bit different from when I won GSL. I am very happy that I could finish well in the final game.

Q : What was your main focus in today's match-ups?

Kang : The main focus was the timing of sending out IMMvp and Nestea. When IMJunwi had lost his first game I was bit worried about the overall picture I planned for but when YougHwa won the second game I was calm again. ST_Squartle's victory against IMMvp was already expected. On Lost Temple I thought ST_Bomber to play so that's when I had to decide between MvP and Nestea. I also knew the fans were eager to see a Zerg player playing which is why I sent out Zerg players as much as possible.

Q : Your Protoss players played really well

Kang : YongHwa practiced on the new maps as soon as they came out.IMSeed was a card to eliminate Song and IMBbiBbi (*Warning: Bad Translation of Username) also has new and different strategies, I hope BbiBbi can show the fans these new strategies sometime soon.

Q : (To Nestea) Your first play was the last game of the match. Were you disappointed that you could not play more games?

Nestea : To be honest, I thought the team could win even without me. I thought about playing against ST_Bomber but MvP really wanted to play against him and MvP was very confident against him so I let him play instead as other players were protoss players.

Q : Overall in this GSTL, new faces showed us some great plays. Why do you think that is?

Kang : Overall the new players were very comfortable and confident playing. I mean even if they lose they knew that players like MvP and Nestea could make up for their losses so they did not get nervous while playing which is the biggest reason I believe.

Q : (To Nestea) As a Zerg player how do you think about the new maps?

Nestea : When I played on these new maps, I have very hard time winning against a protoss. On Xelnaga Cavern chance of winning against a Protoss is about 50/50 I think but Cravase is the hardest map to win against Protoss. Terminus and Tadarim Altar is also very hard. However against Terran I think it is just alright to play on Terminus.

Q : With the GSTL, now your team has a strong line-up for Protoss along with Nestea and MvP. Very balanced team with all races, what is your opinion on this situation?

Kang : I think this is not quite good enough. To be the best team, I think, there should be at least one best player for the each race. If the team rely on one particular player that team cannot be the best team. At the moment, I am training couple of other Terran players I try not to expose them through Gisado or any other tournaments. I think it is not good for the team to expose a player before they are 'completed'

Q : How many players are you training and also do they have a potential to be the top class players?

Kang : I have three players in training. I think one of them could be the top player like MvP.

Q : You are the only team so far that had won both GSL and GSTL. Are you confident about coming up GSL Feb?

Kang : Personally I think the finals are going to be MvP vs Nestea. (laughs) you might say are you not too biased for your team? but really, I think if they don't face with each other before the finals, it is very possible

Nestea : I don't really know about that.. I rely on maps too much (laughs). I chose SanZenith in my group and I am bit worried now (laughs)

Q : Sadly Starcraft 2 teams are not getting as many as sponsorships as they should at the moment, do you think this win will help the team in that way?

Kang : I think it will help alot. We have a GSL winner and we won GSTL which is a promising result. I don't know why corporates miss out on those opportunities. (*compared to SC1)

Q : Any last words?

Nestea : Junwi did not show what he can do. He was amazing against ZvT during practice matches. I hope he cheers up and don't be down by his performance. Coach's wife gave me a new mouse as a present, I think that's why I won today. I will try really hard for coming GSL to win.

Kang : My wife is really great and caring about this whole thing. In the teamhouse she made snacks and stuff to the players and cheered them up. I always thank for your support. I had not told her how thankful I am that many times so yea I appreciate all her support and love.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Arccotangent
Profile Joined October 2010
519 Posts
February 11 2011 11:42 GMT
#2
On February 11 2011 20:32 CryingPoo wrote:
ST_Squartle's victory against IMMvp was already expected.

Wow, I didn't realize that they expected MVP to lose to Squirtle; do they really think that highly of him, or was it a combination of race or map? Also, thanks for bringing cool posts like this to TL!
"Taste the zombie's drug, now you want more."
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
February 11 2011 11:42 GMT
#3
Great, thanks for the translation! Keep up the good work! <3
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
February 11 2011 11:43 GMT
#4
Thanks a lot!

On February 11 2011 20:32 CryingPoo wrote:
ST_Squartle's victory against IMMvp was already expected.


That's really interesting, that they expected MVP to lose to Squirtle.
KonohaFlash
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1590 Posts
February 11 2011 11:43 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
February 11 2011 11:44 GMT
#6
On February 11 2011 20:42 Arccotangent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2011 20:32 CryingPoo wrote:
ST_Squartle's victory against IMMvp was already expected.

Wow, I didn't realize that they expected MVP to lose to Squirtle; do they really think that highly of him, or was it a combination of race or map? Also, thanks for bringing cool posts like this to TL!


probably maps, lol
biskit
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia355 Posts
February 11 2011 11:46 GMT
#7
If they expect mvp to lose then Protoss must be really strong with the new maps.

Thanks for the translation.
brentsen
Profile Joined November 2010
1252 Posts
February 11 2011 11:48 GMT
#8
Cool interview and nice work translating it.
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
February 11 2011 11:53 GMT
#9
Thanks for posting. As expected, large maps help P a lot because they can macro up that huge unkillable force easier. Then again, Squirtle didn't even abuse proxy warping that much so it's not even the warp mechanic. MVP played super well though considering what unit composition he was facing.

I wonder how well Seed/Yonghwa stacks up in individual leagues! Its a shame we won't be seeing them for a while.
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
February 11 2011 11:55 GMT
#10
On February 11 2011 20:46 biskit wrote:
If they expect mvp to lose then Protoss must be really strong with the new maps.

Thanks for the translation.


With bigger maps Terran have hard time finishing P before 12 minutes, and after that not even the best player in the world can do anything about it.

Great translation BTW, greatly appreciated.
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
February 11 2011 12:02 GMT
#11
On February 11 2011 20:46 biskit wrote:
If they expect mvp to lose then Protoss must be really strong with the new maps.

Thanks for the translation.


I think that was more a case of them expecting StarTale to snipe MVP with a protoss (which is his weaker match up).

Great interview anyway, thank you for posting =)
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 11 2011 12:03 GMT
#12
Nice!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Slakkoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1119 Posts
February 11 2011 12:09 GMT
#13
Really good interview! =) Glad to see their opinions on the maps.
Hate to be that guy but,
Nestea : When I played on these new maps, I have very hard time winning against a protoss. On Xelnaga Cavern chance of winning against a Protoss is about 50/50 I think but Cravase is the hardest map to win against Protoss. Terminus and Tadarim Altar is also very hard. However against Terran I think it is just alright to play on Terminus.

It's Crevasse.
ForTheDr3am
Profile Joined November 2010
842 Posts
February 11 2011 12:31 GMT
#14
Seems that NesTea is afraid of SanZenith.
m3rciless
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1476 Posts
February 11 2011 12:42 GMT
#15
On February 11 2011 21:31 ForTheDr3am wrote:
Seems that NesTea is afraid of SanZenith.


Yeah what the shit was that. The guy said in the group selection that he hardly practices anymore and that he should go to the military soon anyway.
White-Ra fighting!
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
February 11 2011 12:44 GMT
#16
Since Nestea says that the new maps are hard for ZvP - that's why I think he is worried about SanZenith now. X )
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
February 11 2011 12:46 GMT
#17
Nice interview, thanks for the translation.
really?
duckyR
Profile Joined September 2010
United States93 Posts
February 11 2011 12:59 GMT
#18
Its not that they expected Squirtle to beat MvP. Incredible Miracles knew that Star Tale would have a player that practiced a lot and studied MvP's play style to be ready to play him. Kang knew ST would be prepared for the game genie. :/
Wings of Liberty
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
February 11 2011 13:11 GMT
#19
i just finished watching the series, make my usual refresh per minute of teamliquid and i land on your translation ! That was just perfect thank you so much it's amasing to have yet another translator willing to provide us some content.
I would love to see some subbed content if you do that i'll just like you more than my favorites facebook pages =)
twitter@RickyMarou
Piekny
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland95 Posts
February 11 2011 13:27 GMT
#20
Great translation, it'd be wonderful to see any more translations or subs from you, keep up the good work.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Nina 106
Nathanias 104
SpeCial 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12447
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3029
JimRising 434
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox35
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5005
Khaldor1294
Liquid`Hasu884
Other Games
summit1g7307
fl0m841
shahzam503
FrodaN165
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King80
NeuroSwarm63
JuggernautJason47
ViBE39
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie855
• Scarra306
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 4m
Stellar Fest
15h 4m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.