• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8987 users

Should I add this girl on facebook?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Eric9
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
February 01 2011 00:52 GMT
#1
Basically since the semester started we've been glancing shyly at each other during class. I haven't mustered up the courage to talk to her after class because my girlfriends always like to wrap their arms around me as we walk to our next class, and I think it'd be terribly awkward to strike up some small talk while they're around.

But I did manage to "stumble" hence the word-choice, upon her facebook profile the other day and I've been thinking about just adding her with a "Hey ___ sup, it's Eric from Korean. <smiley face/no smiley face>"

Would that be too forward, creepy, or unnatural? I really don't want my first impression to her to be that I'm sort of weirdo.

Post your suggestions/stories below!
- Thanks guys.
"I dice the tomato, you make the sauce." -Teamwork
Dance.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 00:56:22
February 01 2011 00:53 GMT
#2
Yes, add her.

Then remove her.
It is what it is...
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:00:22
February 01 2011 00:54 GMT
#3
They offer korean?

Lucky.


Add her AFTER YOU ACTUALLY TALK TO HER, facebook friends doesn't really mean a whole lot of anything.
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
February 01 2011 00:55 GMT
#4
it works or it doesnt You obviously have some connection to each other. But cant you just manage to steal a seat next to her in class and get some small talk going or something? It will probably pay of more
The artist formerly known as Starparty
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
February 01 2011 00:55 GMT
#5
Yeah, I think that that'd be fine. I mean it's not like she's FORCED to add you, right?
kiss kiss fall in love
TheHunksta
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States122 Posts
February 01 2011 00:57 GMT
#6
Just add her but more importantly talk to her in person, she likes you, you may not think it but she does, go into it wiht some confidence (but not cockiness) and she will go for you, promise.
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
February 01 2011 00:57 GMT
#7
Don't use facebook as a crutch to get to know a girl if you can help it. So I would say don't add her, and talk to her instead.
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
February 01 2011 00:57 GMT
#8
Don't add her if you havn't talked yet. What good would come from it? You go in to class the next day and have to be like "ummm, hey, we uhh, talked on the internet last night."

Adding her on facebook won't make you any less shy in real life. I'm not sure what your relationships with your "girlfriends" are but if they are getting in the way of you talking to someone new then adding her on facebook won't solve your problem.
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
February 01 2011 01:02 GMT
#9
Talk to her in real life. Just say hi and have a small conversation or something. After that I would say it's ok to add her.
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
Eric9
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
February 01 2011 01:05 GMT
#10
Yea I've been thinking that adding her without having established a connection in person first would be sort of dangerous. I'll take your guys' advice and try to steal a seat next to her in class. The problem is that our class seats about 12, and we have 15 students.. Micro-econ is a good 5 minutes away so guys already fill those seats by the time I get to Korean

But there's always ditching econ a good ten minutes before it ends one day and hopefully catching her in the halls or something...

I'm also hanging on another issue, one of the other girls in Korean and I went to the movies this weekend just out of chance and I fingered her in the back row. So she's grown attached since then. So I'll tell this girl that it was all just some innocent fun, and that I'm sorry but I don't think a relationship will work???
"I dice the tomato, you make the sauce." -Teamwork
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:08:59
February 01 2011 01:06 GMT
#11
That's why I dislike fb so much. When a girl accepts a friend request on there it doesn't necessarily mean she likes you because whatever, she probably already has 1k "friends" on there she never talks to.

I can't really tell you what you could open a conversation with but you should definitly find something.

EDIT: Lol at the post just before :D

Well yeah, but you should definitly get physical at least once before you tell her that.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:08:52
February 01 2011 01:08 GMT
#12
Edit: nvmd
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 01 2011 01:09 GMT
#13
On February 01 2011 10:05 Eric9 wrote:
Yea I've been thinking that adding her without having established a connection in person first would be sort of dangerous. I'll take your guys' advice and try to steal a seat next to her in class. The problem is that our class seats about 12, and we have 15 students.. Micro-econ is a good 5 minutes away so guys already fill those seats by the time I get to Korean

But there's always ditching econ a good ten minutes before it ends one day and hopefully catching her in the halls or something...

I'm also hanging on another issue, one of the other girls in Korean and I went to the movies this weekend just out of chance and I fingered her in the back row. So she's grown attached since then. So I'll tell this girl that it was all just some innocent fun, and that I'm sorry but I don't think a relationship will work???

Casually fingering somebody? Seems sort of meh. lol Certainly hurts your chances.
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
February 01 2011 01:10 GMT
#14
On February 01 2011 10:05 Eric9 wrote:
Yea I've been thinking that adding her without having established a connection in person first would be sort of dangerous. I'll take your guys' advice and try to steal a seat next to her in class. The problem is that our class seats about 12, and we have 15 students.. Micro-econ is a good 5 minutes away so guys already fill those seats by the time I get to Korean

But there's always ditching econ a good ten minutes before it ends one day and hopefully catching her in the halls or something...

I'm also hanging on another issue, one of the other girls in Korean and I went to the movies this weekend just out of chance and I fingered her in the back row. So she's grown attached since then. So I'll tell this girl that it was all just some innocent fun, and that I'm sorry but I don't think a relationship will work???


Uh what the hell..?
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 01 2011 01:11 GMT
#15
No, don't add her.
Go up to her properly and talk to her.

Are people now honestly scared or shy at any form of Facebook interaction?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
cArn-
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)824 Posts
February 01 2011 01:11 GMT
#16
rofl is this a troll
Twitter : http://twitter.com/CARNDARAK
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 01 2011 01:12 GMT
#17
On February 01 2011 10:11 Torte de Lini wrote:
No, don't add her.
Go up to her properly and talk to her.

Are people now honestly scared or shy at any form of Facebook interaction?

It's sort of strange how you casually finger a girl, then are scared of talking to another one...
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
February 01 2011 01:13 GMT
#18
You can casually finger one girl but you cant say hi to another girl?

what the dilly
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
February 01 2011 01:13 GMT
#19
Add her, then see if you can add her on starcraft 2 via facebook. If you can't, she's not for you (unless she plays bw).
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:17:35
February 01 2011 01:16 GMT
#20
I'm also hanging on another issue, one of the other girls in Korean and I went to the movies this weekend just out of chance and I fingered her in the back row. So she's grown attached since then. So I'll tell this girl that it was all just some innocent fun, and that I'm sorry but I don't think a relationship will work???


WTF is this shit?

You, out of chance, fingered her? Was she wearing a skirt and nothing fucking underneath?
Sometimes, out of chance, I find a woman in my bed.

I'm pretty sure sexual acts is not "innocent fun"

You should tell that you're sorry you don't think a relationship will work because you have your perceptions of fears mixed up. Scared to talk to a girl, but you have this luck of fingering one publicly in a movie theatre.

Oy, I feel like Charlie Brown.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
Nina 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12806
Rain 2219
Artosis 648
Dewaltoss 20
NaDa 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever713
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift5014
Counter-Strike
taco 463
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1628
ArmadaUGS353
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1271
WinterStarcraft471
Other Games
summit1g7793
Day[9].tv698
shahzam664
JimRising 610
PiGStarcraft172
ViBE160
Maynarde157
C9.Mang0135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv698
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 16m
OSC
11h 16m
Stellar Fest
11h 16m
OSC
22h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.