• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11889 users

Pre-OSL Final smack-talk from Fantasy and Stork

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
139 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 11:35:01
January 26 2011 16:25 GMT
#1
These are interviews for Fantasy and Stork in preparation for their match. Very funny and also quite poignant stuff being said here. Source: playsc.com

Fantasy
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
(T)Fantasy: I will sell my soul to the devil for the Gold
(T/N: He actually said "he'd use any means necessary to win", which I logically assume would be the above.)

Q: Anything to say before the finals

A: After losing to Stork last time, I wanted a rematch to have my revenge. And win the championship.

Q: How's your practice?
A: The team helped me a lot on the matter, allowing me to concentrate on the finals. Right now I'm practicing hard with my teammate, as well as protosses on other teams. If only I had better people skills (laughs)

Q: If you get another silver, you'd beat a record that not even Yellow could achieve: 3 OSL silvers
A: I thought about getting the silver mouse. But I'd be much happier with the golden mouse. A silver mouse would be quite depressing, so I'm going to get gold this time. If I get gold, I'll just just like Stork with one OSL gold and 2 silvers. Hopefully that will be the case.

Q: How do you feel about the matchup against Stork?
A: TvP is played in a similar way by everyone these days. For that reason, I've researched a lot into the MU. I've already found many builds which are pretty much in their final forms. I want to show everyone some revolutionary TvP builds. It may be impossible to find a weakness to Stork's PvT, but I feel that him playing standard is in of itself a weakness.

Q: Did you watch his 2008 Bacchus OSL Finals against Flash?
A: I believe that if you want to win it all, personal feelings should not be involved. You have to do anything necessary to win. I learned a lot from watching Flash that days.
(T/N: For those who weren't around then, Flash basically used builds that specifically countered Stork's style and beat him to a pulp 3-0 in OSL record time. Pretty much put Stork into a slump for months)

Q: Your TvP is quite good, but you lose a lot to Stork.
A: In preparation, I watched the VODs of my games against Stork. I find that I generally lost those games in the early stages, or that I wasn't able to use the builds I prepared.

Q: Yellow must have strange feelings about this match. He'll probably watch intently.
A: I believe it doesn't matter who wins, neither of us will leave the Kong line. (laughs) Maybe change the order. If Stork wins, he'd still have a lot more silvers, so I don't think he'd leave.

Q: But if you win, you'd leave the Kong line, right?
A: I think even if I win, I'm not really turning my back on Yellow and Stork. I'll need another gold or two before I can really leave.

Q: Stork has said he REALLY wants to get out of the Kong line.

A: Yellow thinks Stork has already fucking graduated with honors. But I want him to stay in school a bit longer. (kekekekeke)

Q: Stork fans these days are called "Stork Hooligans". You must feel a lot of pressure from them.

A: I think the louder the cheers, the better. So it's all good. More fan support means more support for ESport. So I like it.
(T/N: Nothing like parroting Oov's "good for ESport" to show he's truly just Oov's puppet... I keed I keed, fantasy fans)

Q: The maps seem to be unfavorable for terran.
A: Everyone says this, but I don't get it. I think they're all quite playable, so I know I can win. Besides, when it comes to the finals, map balance takes a backseat to your state of mind. So I don't believe I'm at a disadvantage.

Q: What's your score prediction?
A: Last time, I performed badly in games 1 and 2 because I was really nervous. I really want to say 3-0, but Stork is hardly just anyone. So I honestly believe it'll more likely be 3-2.

Q: Anything to say to fans
A: Every finals seems to go to game 5, which is really good for fans. Hopefully my fans will continue to support me.


Stork
(T/N: I am an unabashed Stork fan. If you find certain words in the interview a bit too harsh, it's because I'm actually translating what Stork really thinks, and not his PC answers, which he uses in the actual interview to not make Fantasy feel bad)
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
(P)Stork: Fantasy is a wussy little girl and wouldn't let me practice against Flash. He thinks too highly of himself. He's not worthy of me needing Flash as my practice partner. So of course I decide to oblige him. Can't say no to a crying little kid


Q: So here we have a repeat of Incruit OSL. This is actually the first re-match of an OSL finals. What do you think? (T/N: I'm suprised at this statement. Thought there'd be some Jaedong v Flash/Yellow v Boxer OSL rematches...)
A: I feel this will be an interesting match. I kept on winning silvers, but then I met Fantasy and I won a gold. So he's my lucky charm.

Q: Who have you been practicing with?
A: Fantasy has tied up Flash so he can't practice against me. Actually, I didn't even go looking for Flash. I have 5 terrans on my own team, and I don't feel their abilities are sub-par. So even practicing with them has already taken up my entire schedule.

Q: One of you is going to get the silver mouse.
A: If Fantasy loses, then he'd get 3 silvers. But for me, this is just another step towards the golden mouse. I already beat his ass once, so it's no biggie to stomp on him again. Of course, a loss would mean a silver mouse. But I want that 2nd gold so I can get a 3rd one later.

Q: Analyze Fantasy
A: Normally I don't really care to watch opponents' VODs. But since this is the finals, I watched them and broke down his play. Recently, terrans have been using the same BOs, so I don't feel Fantasy's a cut above the rest.

Q: Fantasy says your perchance for solid safe play is a weakness in of itself.
A: I can understand that premise. But to look at it another way, it's the safest way to guarantee a win. I have to look on the bright side. Obviously, Fantasy's just trolling.

Q: Will you leave the Kong line if you win your 2nd gold?
A: When I won my first gold, Yellow said I betrayed him. But I never left. But this time when I win, I'll officially leave it. Of course, on the off chance I lose, there will be two Kong members with a gold. So if you look at it that way, I think Yellow will be rooting for me. This way, Fantasy can be his little bitch with no gold to talk smack back to Yellow.

Q: What are you going to tell Yellow if you win?
A: I'm going to tell him I'm officially going to betray him. I'll officially leave the Kong line.

Q: Your fans are just crazy. They're even called "Stork Hooligans"

A: They give me a lot of energy in matches. I actually love the vuvuzela and play better when I hear them. But alas, the evil suits banned them. Oh, I so want to hear vuvuzelas again. (Laughs)

Q: Maps are favorable for protoss
A: Aztec and Icarus are both good PvT maps for the SPL. As for the OSL maps, I can't say for other teams, but my team generally find them favorable for protosses. Yet at Incruit people said the maps were terran favored, yet I still won. So this time, with favorable maps, I'm going to bash that noob into oblivion.

Q: What's your score prediction.

A: Last time, I got overconfident after 2-0. This time, it won't happen. Fantasy's not going to get a game off of me.

Q: Anything to say to fans?

A: Those who rooted for me last time in Gwangju against Flash should come again. I know I disappointed you guys last time, but this time it will be rape the other way. Hopefully you will all cheer for me.

For those of you who want the real translation
+ Show Spoiler +
just change any part where Stork says how he'll beat Fantasy to a pulp into "I am confident I will defeat Fantasy"



Coach interviews are done by infinitestory. I just c/p them here and added the pretty pictures. All credit to him.

Coach January
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
January: Stork's a professor of PvT.

Your birthplace is [전라도], thoughts on playing the final in Gwangju?
▲ I was born in Gwangju and I'm familiar with it, but that's about it. There's another boon, though: that day is my father's birthday. Originally, I would have had no time to see him, but with this new schedule, I can now visit home, which is great.

How is preparation coming along?
▲ Stork is usually very eager for his matches. Even on rest days, he'll be working hard. Skipping PL today wasn't Stork's idea, it was my choice. Last time, when we lost, people said we were Songbyung KHAN. So this time, since I didn't want to hear any more of that, I let Stork stay back to rile up the rest of the team. It feels like we actually don't do enough for Stork, and I feel sorry about that. Even though we all want to help Stork, we don't really know how best to assist him.

Two days after the final, you'll be facing off against SKT1.
▲ I think that players like Stork who don't mind map or matchup are few and far between. So regular training goes very smoothly for him. I'm very confident in Stork. As long as his condition is good, when we play SKT two days after, there is a definite opportunity for Stork to play.

A quick evaluation of Stork?
▲ Stork's kept up his strength for very long, especially in PvT, where Stork can be called the master of strategy and tactics. Fantasy is also a man of many tactics, but Stork practices more, so we won't give Fantasy a chance to out-strategize us. Our team's already done a solid job analyzing the maps and opponent, so as long as Stork doesn't choke, he'll win.


Coach Park
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Park: Fantasy TvP best in the entire world
T/N: Yes, he did just troll all Flash fans on TL.net! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Thoughts on this year's final at Gwangju?
▲ Actually, this time around, I've relegated OSL final prep to the assistant coaches, while I focus mostly on PL. This time, the finals are at Gwangju, and it's Fantasy's third final, so we must have him win. Within the team, we have to give him additional support. The venue is going to be Yeomju Gymnasium in Gwangju; we've played matches there before. This place is very well suited to Fantasy getting his first championship. Also, whether Fantasy wins or loses, I'll still consider sending him up for Proleague.

From the standpoint of a head coach, how do you evaluate Stork?
▲ First off, he's a very different player than our Bisu or Best. Stork is very experienced and works very hard; we felt he was this type of player last time Fantasy played him in a final. Stork's great at shutting down all of his opponent's prepared strategies, it's really incredible. On top of that, the maps favor him this time, so he won't have so much of an uphill struggle. But we'll be working hard to find winning methods, so that Stork won't be able to top Fantasy.

And a quick evaluation of Fantasy?
▲ Out of our team's players, Fantasy is the most remarkable. He's very hardworking, and with the sheer force of his concentration he can slowly chip away at his weaknesses. When watching Fantasy, I always think, “Why does this kind of player not have a championship already?” This time, he'll definitely win.

Lastly, a bit of your own thoughts?
▲ I think Fantasy's mech play is the strongest right now, especially in terms of TvP. I think Fantasy is the strongest. Though I don't know how good Stork's PvP or PvZ are, his PvT is as weak as before right now. Fantasy definitely has a chance to earn the gold.


Photos
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Meh
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
January 26 2011 16:33 GMT
#2
:O fanta selling his soul to the devil for a win!?

GOGO STORK! SONG BYUNG GU!
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
January 26 2011 16:41 GMT
#3
On January 27 2011 01:33 unit wrote:
:O fanta selling his soul to the devil for a win!?

GOGO STORK! SONG BYUNG GU!

the terrorist doesnt have a soul. maybe he should sell his adams apple? its huge LOL
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
January 26 2011 16:42 GMT
#4
I wonder how much Kingdom paid for Fanta's Soul

*Cue laugh track and gets thrown off stage*

Thanks for the translation :D
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
agarangu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile274 Posts
January 26 2011 16:42 GMT
#5
Didn´t you hear the news? The protoss invaded Hell and killed the Devil. Too bad.
What's a quote anyway?
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 26 2011 16:43 GMT
#6
I absolutely love how Fantasy responds to the map balance question. Lovely attitude, it's the attitude of a champion.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 26 2011 16:43 GMT
#7
Thanks for the awesome translations, I can't wait for you to finish the Stork part of this interview. SONG BYUNG GOO HWAITING!!!!!!!
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
January 26 2011 16:43 GMT
#8
I really hope Fantasy wins. Most entertaining player by far.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
January 26 2011 16:45 GMT
#9
wowowo fantasy check dat man out
hoping these revolutionary builds dont stay just in the smacktalk
(and god forbid they are something like those imma-make-4rines-and-a-medic-just-to-transition-into normal-pvt-for-no-reason builds)
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
chisuri
Profile Joined January 2010
Vietnam789 Posts
January 26 2011 16:51 GMT
#10
On January 27 2011 01:43 Weavel wrote:
I really hope Fantasy wins. Most entertaining player by far.

His gg timing is really...something.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
January 26 2011 16:52 GMT
#11
Badass interview from the terrorist. I hope his "revolutionary" new TvP builds live up to the hype. Looking forward to Stork's interview. Such a shame someone has to win this OSL. Can't we give them 2 silvers instead? jk
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
January 26 2011 16:53 GMT
#12
On January 27 2011 01:45 night terrors wrote:
wowowo fantasy check dat man out
hoping these revolutionary builds dont stay just in the smacktalk
(and god forbid they are something like those imma-make-4rines-and-a-medic-just-to-transition-into normal-pvt-for-no-reason builds)


Freaking oov
always tired -_-
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 26 2011 16:56 GMT
#13
I wouldn't take his talk about revolutionary builds that seriously or there's quite a big risk of disappointment.

That being said, I'd absolutely love to see something spectacular.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
gamapg
Profile Joined January 2010
Philippines189 Posts
January 26 2011 17:11 GMT
#14
BW fans have to step up a notch... TIME FOR HOOLIGANISM!! SONG BYUNG GOO I SWEAR I"LL GUT YOU IF YOU 3 GATE MY (T)Fantasy
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 26 2011 17:14 GMT
#15
Stork interview is amazing...

GO STORK! WHOOO!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 26 2011 17:18 GMT
#16
I thought the interviewers were kidding, but now I'm not so sure, so I gotta ask is there really a silver mouse? Oo
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
January 26 2011 17:21 GMT
#17
These are going to be some fucking good games, I can feel it!
boomer hands
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
January 26 2011 17:21 GMT
#18
Revolutionize TvP? This I gotta see.
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
January 26 2011 17:23 GMT
#19
You have 2 more days Fantasy, 2 more days. Now go grab the Kim Taek Yong by the ears and start practicing crazy BO's on Gladiator 'till both of you pass out! You better not disappoint me this time man, I'll be yelling my soul out for you!
JUNG TERRORIST HWAITING!~
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Neverhood
Profile Joined August 2009
United States5388 Posts
January 26 2011 17:24 GMT
#20
Lol if one of the photos everyone is holding up 3 fingers except January...whats up with that O_O
Jaedong :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 8939
FanTaSy 970
Hyuk 772
Horang2 567
BeSt 454
Stork 190
Pusan 151
Zeus 92
sorry 91
Killer 90
[ Show more ]
Shinee 87
Mind 78
Hyun 65
Last 59
Bonyth 45
ggaemo 44
Snow 42
PianO 40
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 30
ToSsGirL 28
JYJ 23
Sacsri 13
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
Counter-Strike
byalli1147
x6flipin120
fl0m1
Other Games
gofns33998
singsing2297
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 75
• Adnapsc2 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Lourlo1304
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 38m
Replay Cast
12h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.