• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8121 users

mOOnGLaDe interview!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Bowdy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
January 17 2011 04:43 GMT
#1
I recently got to interview Andrew "mOOnGLaDe" Pender about his upcoming trip to Korea to try and qualify for Code A! The interview is just shy of 20 minutes long, and is available in mp3 format. Here is some of what was covered:

ESFI World: How was the transition, and how confident do you feel compared to Warcraft 3?

I guess the hardest thing would be mastering the macro. Warcraft 3 wasn't a macro-based RTS, micro was more important. But I got used to it pretty quickly. I played a lot in the beta. Things like the queen mechanic were pretty tricky at first, but I got pretty good at it, and I feel I'm a lot better at Starcraft 2 then I was at Warcraft 3.

ESFI World: How did your trip to Korea come to be, and how excited are you?

Competing in Korea has always been a dream of mine. I think I can definitely compete in Code A from what I've seen so far, so I just asked FXOpen if they'd be keen to send me, and they said yes! I'm pretty excited, and pretty damn nervous about it, but I should do well.

ESFI World: What are your living arrangements going to be like over there?

I'm definitely staying at the GOMtv foreigner house. The plan is to do well in Code A and stay there as long as it takes.

ESFI World: You play on both the NA and Korean ladder, what are some of the differences?

There's a lot of cheese on Korea. Obviously the top players won't just do that, but they're all very good at their cheeses. That's the biggest difference. It's scary and really good for practice.


For the full article as well as the mp3, check out ESFI World

Please leave feedback in this thread! I enjoyed doing this and would love to do it more in the future, so any criticism will be taken seriously so that I might improve for next time.
bowdy.smiteam.net
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 17 2011 04:47 GMT
#2
Awesome - so excited for mOOn to go to Korea - i really hope he can make it far! Awesome that his parents are supportive..

I hope the small foreigner community helps him out when he gets there.. IdrA, Ret, soon to be Demuslim and the rest of Team Liquid Help a brother out i say :D
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
January 17 2011 04:48 GMT
#3
Y'all do a sick amazing job at ESFI world, keep it up, great interview. He's the perfect type of person to qualify adn hopefully expand foreigner coverage.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
January 17 2011 04:52 GMT
#4
Sounds like an awesome interview, am at work now, so unable to check it out

Australia fighting!
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
January 17 2011 04:52 GMT
#5
Good luck Andy! I can't wait to have a team mate in korea. This will be quiet amazing and I will ofc do my best to help any way I can! Super happy for you : )
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
January 17 2011 04:59 GMT
#6
mOOnGLaDe is awesome for seizing the opportunity. There are so many foreigners that should but don't have the guts to do what he's doing. Naniwa should be there right now, frankly, as well as a handful of other guys.
FXOpen
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1844 Posts
January 17 2011 05:03 GMT
#7
you're next sheth ! *grits teeth*
www.twitter.com/FXOpenESports
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 17 2011 05:03 GMT
#8
On January 17 2011 13:59 0neder wrote:
mOOnGLaDe is awesome for seizing the opportunity. There are so many foreigners that should but don't have the guts to do what he's doing. Naniwa should be there right now, frankly, as well as a handful of other guys.


TeamLiquid: Are you a student right now? What are your goals for SC2? Do you have plans to travel to Korea? What do you want to get out of SC2?

Empire.Naniwa: Right now I'm not a student, I have had some motivational issues after leaving Germany but those are all over now. I would love to be professional full time but for this game but I don't think this is possible at the moment. If I can go to Korea, I will go for it. No doubts there. My Goal is to go to Korea and become the best player.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=185113

Maybe he will be there soon?
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
January 17 2011 05:47 GMT
#9
Nice work Andy, definitely will be tuning into your games don't you worry! Best of luck and do us proud. Really happy with how our scene is developing that's for sure.
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
Rhodan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia232 Posts
January 17 2011 05:51 GMT
#10
Awesome stuff, and good luck Andy! Do Australia proud :D
I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok." - Liquid`Tyler
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
January 17 2011 05:53 GMT
#11
Nice interview, ESFI are great I am definitely a fan of the site.

Luckily GLaDe is better at StarCraft than he is at interviews though!
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
January 17 2011 05:58 GMT
#12
One of the few starcraft 2 pros that don't look horrible, I am sorry ...
Good luck, I will cheer for him
S.O.L.I.D.
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States792 Posts
January 17 2011 06:00 GMT
#13
Nice interview, good job ESFI

I'm pulling for m00nGLaDe in the GSL, I think he has the potential to do well there and I hope he does!
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
January 17 2011 06:13 GMT
#14
is moonglade Polish?
The Prince of DroneS
EMPaThy789
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand878 Posts
January 17 2011 06:24 GMT
#15
On January 17 2011 15:13 SixSongs wrote:
is moonglade Polish?

no Australian
hoppipolla
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia782 Posts
January 17 2011 06:31 GMT
#16
Good luck Glade!
"It's not acceptable"
VoiceOfDecember
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia206 Posts
January 17 2011 06:31 GMT
#17
Hells yea! Moonglade fighting!
If I keep making drones and expanding while fending off their attacks, I'm sure to win...right?
Niick
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia426 Posts
January 17 2011 09:16 GMT
#18
On January 17 2011 15:24 mR.bONG789 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 15:13 SixSongs wrote:
is moonglade Polish?

no Australian


I get the two confused too, they're pretty much right next to eachother.
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
January 17 2011 09:27 GMT
#19
Cool guy, terrible looking name >.<

Good luck!
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
January 17 2011 09:34 GMT
#20
On January 17 2011 18:16 Niick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 15:24 mR.bONG789 wrote:
On January 17 2011 15:13 SixSongs wrote:
is moonglade Polish?

no Australian


I get the two confused too, they're pretty much right next to eachother.


Josef Fritzl is a true Australian hero.
hi
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1522
RotterdaM871
TaKeTV 376
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC173
ZombieGrub108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1522
RotterdaM 871
MaxPax 198
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC 173
RuFF_SC2 136
ZombieGrub104
UpATreeSC 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2672
Shuttle 461
Dewaltoss 114
910 68
Mind 59
Bale 15
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1146
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
summit1g3425
Grubby3226
Beastyqt766
shahzam461
mouzStarbuck370
ToD264
C9.Mang0173
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 170
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 28
• 80smullet 22
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade494
Other Games
• imaqtpie864
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.