• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:03
CEST 14:03
KST 21:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11770 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 Tiebreakers Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
December 26 2010 17:45 GMT
#1
No one put this up yet and I'm drunk, so...

Winners:

[image loading]
Very happy

(P)Stork:

Q You ended the Tiebreaker and advanced to Ro8.
A The sudden addition of Tiebreaker was very tiring. The schedule during Tuesday to Thursday was hellish, and then Tiebreaker was added to the mix. I even had to practice during the 25th. Luckily I was well prepared and I was able to advance because of it.

Q This is your second consecutive time advancing, and this time there are no (T)Flash or (Z)Jaedong.
A It is a good thing, but then the pressure to do well will be even bigger. All the players in the Ro8 understands that complacency is not an option even if (T)Flash and (Z)Jaedong is absent.

Q The maps in the Tiebreaker are favorable for you.
A It was my first time playing a PvT on Gladiator, Icarus and Aztec are both SPL maps so I've had lots of practice on them and was confident. I was abit concerned that I had to play (T)Mind on Gladiator, since I know the map is abit terran favored. However after some practice it felt like an OSL version of Aztec, and PvT seem to have a 60% winrate, so it should be easier to play.

Q You avoided having to play zerg (in the Ro8).
A If I can advance on the top of my group then I could avoid them, and it would be good if I can avoid protoss as well and not having to play (P)Kal (at the time of the interview the match-up hasn't been drawn yet). All the other 7 players are exceptional.

Q So you practiced during Christmas?
A I have been practicing for the Tiebreaker, and I also went to the gym.

Q (T)Sea lost on the 24th, if he had won then there wouldn't be a Tiebreaker.
A I lost to (Z)Shine, so I told Sea not to create a tiebreaker, but it didn't work out that way. I really wanted Sea to end his losing streak, but he lost on the 24th and also on today. Sea is very handsome when he smiles, I hope I can see his smile again soon.

Q Words have it that without 'TaekLeeSung', Stork will reign supreme.
A Ever since we became rivals in 2007, this is the first time that I enter Ro8 on my own. I feel like out of the 4 of us at least one has to make a stand in terms of result.

Q Anything else you want to say?
A We received our Galaxy Tabs on Friday, and they were personally delivered by staffs during team meal. It gave us alot of motivation and I really appreciate it. Galaxy Tab is the best! I want to thank (Z)oDin hyung for coming with me to the stadium and thank the team mates that helped me with practice.


[image loading]
Not so happy

(T)Mind:

Q Thoughts on advancing to Ro8?
A I was hoping to advance alongside with (Z)Shine, but in the end I went through alone, it's really not good and I can't feel happy at all.

Q When was the last time you were in Ro8?
A It's been 2 years since I last entered Ro8 in Incruit OSL, It has been awhile.

Q How was the preparation?
A The SPL match went fairly late, we basically had no time to practice, and only had a few games of TvP. I did not prepare to play against Shine at all, and likewise Shine only prepared against (P)Stork as well.

Q Did the loss in SPL had any effect?
A I was hoping that we could win both matches, but the results were very disappointing.

Q You two both lost to (P)Stork, what did you say to each other before the final game?
A We didn't talk much, Shine said it was very regretful. We both said this was the worst possible outcome, and then we started the game.

Q How did the game against (Z)Shine went?
A I didn't have any good strategy, so I went for 2 port. We both didn't practice for it so we both improvised. I was only abit more lucky to have won.

Q Anything you want to say to (Z)Shine?
A The best result would have been both of us advancing, and it was a pity that it wasn't to be. Looks like I'd have to buy you dinner. Also I will work hard to play in place of Shine.

Q You'll face (Z)Calm in the Ro8, it will be a match between MSL champions.
A I often play against Calm, and I'm have a few more wins in head to head. However I lost to him recently, so I will win him back.

Q So you have a new goal now.
A (Z)Calm is a very difficult opponent, so I must concentrate and play well in the Ro8.

Q Anything else you want to say?
A This OSL I got into a team-kill group, and it was a very awkward experience. Having to eliminate Shine in the Tiebreaker made it even more awkward. I will work hard to play in place of Shine and I hope I can get good results.

Source:
Stork - PlaySC
Mind - PlaySC
Original: dailyesport
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
December 26 2010 17:49 GMT
#2
Stork!!!!

I hope he gets to the finals, would be so awesome to see him (possibly) win an OSL
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
By.Echo
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore7 Posts
December 26 2010 17:52 GMT
#3
Appreciated, Legend of the Fall STORK FIGHTING!
Flash ftw
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
December 26 2010 17:54 GMT
#4
On December 27 2010 02:52 By.Echo wrote:
Appreciated, Legend of the Fall STORK FIGHTING!

legend of the fall? isn't it winter/spring?
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
December 26 2010 17:58 GMT
#5
Poor Mind, having to teamkill twice in the same starleague.

Oh well, Stork is gonna win the OSL.
Jaedong plz
Weedk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States507 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 18:09:26
December 26 2010 18:09 GMT
#6
Stork better win, it's his chance this OSL.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
December 26 2010 18:17 GMT
#7
I'm happy that Stork won AND that Shine lost

+ Show Spoiler +
No more dragon slaying for him...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
smekz
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal503 Posts
December 26 2010 18:18 GMT
#8
thanks for translating. now that stork has a galaxy tab he's unstoppable!
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
December 26 2010 18:21 GMT
#9
Stork finally got his galaxy tab, must be the happiest person alive right now lol
wat
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 26 2010 18:22 GMT
#10
yay stork!!!!!!1
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
December 26 2010 18:22 GMT
#11
On December 27 2010 02:54 kerpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2010 02:52 By.Echo wrote:
Appreciated, Legend of the Fall STORK FIGHTING!

legend of the fall? isn't it winter/spring?


No, it's january i believe... : P
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
TylzOner
Profile Joined November 2010
Peru12 Posts
December 26 2010 18:23 GMT
#12
it would be great if stork wins this osl GO STORK!!!
Lima
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
December 26 2010 18:24 GMT
#13
On December 27 2010 03:17 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I'm happy that Stork won AND that Shine lost

+ Show Spoiler +
No more dragon slaying for him...

Still the MSL :D
In the woods, there lurks..
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
December 26 2010 19:37 GMT
#14
Lol, shine and mind were like lets kick stork's ass, but stork was like "NOPE! I OWN YOU BITCHES!"
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
December 26 2010 19:40 GMT
#15
Stork winning this OSL would be so freaking amazing

in general a Protoss champion = hell yeah
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 20:23:58
December 26 2010 20:23 GMT
#16
go Stork!

thanks for the translation.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
Sillylaughs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada198 Posts
December 26 2010 20:26 GMT
#17
This thread needs some more mind-lovin'.

:D
Nada/Midas/Mind/Baby [WMF Terrans forever]
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
December 26 2010 20:31 GMT
#18
dinotoss showing scrubs what's up
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
December 26 2010 20:53 GMT
#19
On December 27 2010 03:24 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2010 03:17 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I'm happy that Stork won AND that Shine lost

+ Show Spoiler +
No more dragon slaying for him...

Still the MSL :D


With 2 dragons in the group of death #2.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
December 26 2010 22:43 GMT
#20
the question about the game between MSL champions made me laugh.

GL to stork! Unless he plays hyuk fantasy or hiya, then plz lose.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings107
CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko276
SHIN 130
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28227
Hyuk 1358
Shuttle 1183
Bisu 1087
Mind 817
Mini 283
Larva 267
firebathero 244
EffOrt 207
Soma 180
[ Show more ]
Last 125
Leta 100
ZerO 98
Hm[arnc] 82
Zeus 74
Hyun 71
Pusan 67
Killer 34
Sexy 34
Trap 33
PianO 32
Bale 31
hero 30
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
Noble 13
zelot 12
yabsab 10
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Dendi912
XcaliburYe721
XaKoH 430
qojqva23
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
Other Games
gofns42831
singsing2598
B2W.Neo922
crisheroes332
Happy248
DeMusliM203
OGKoka 164
Mew2King116
Livibee107
ToD87
ArmadaUGS71
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream192
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8135
League of Legends
• Jankos1655
Other Games
• WagamamaTV228
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 57m
INu's Battles
23h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.