• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:29
CEST 19:29
KST 02:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9180 users

[Teaser] Maps coming up

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 18:47:14
December 22 2010 12:31 GMT
#1
Ok, just made this thread to tease you all of the new maps coming up.
Yes, one of these will be entered in the MotM. So, this said I'll go real careful on about these maps.

It's been a while since I've posted a new map, and well... there's several reasons for that:
I just finished my exams today, those exams took like 2 weeks + preparation time before that. As many of you probably know, I create all my maps (so far) cooperating with the awesome Koagel and there were some problems with the map I sent through and I couldn't work it out myself so I had to lay the burden on Koagel (hope you don't hate me for that).

Anyways... on to the teasers..
Was looking for the most conceiling pictures I could find from the map analyzer and some high-quality pictures Koagel had send to me.
So, without further ado, here are the teaser pics:

Unknown map #1:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Unknown map #2:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Note: These pictures are still subject to change until the day they are released.
TEEHEE
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
December 22 2010 14:16 GMT
#2
It looks awesome. The first map spawnarea is just clean and ready to be played.

These sort of maps remind me that Im really bad at making maps

I am working on my first map, but its not even close to what I see people do here, so Im not sure if I should make a topic for it...
KCCO!
Koagel
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria167 Posts
December 22 2010 14:27 GMT
#3
On December 22 2010 23:16 ihasaKAROT wrote:
It looks awesome. The first map spawnarea is just clean and ready to be played.

These sort of maps remind me that Im really bad at making maps

I am working on my first map, but its not even close to what I see people do here, so Im not sure if I should make a topic for it...

Yes you should. Comments can help you quite a bit in getting better.
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
December 22 2010 14:33 GMT
#4
#2 you should just open up the middle for more epic battles 8) unless the maps bigger than understand.
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 14:49:23
December 22 2010 14:41 GMT
#5
On December 22 2010 23:33 Merikh wrote:
#2 you should just open up the middle for more epic battles 8) unless the maps bigger than understand.


With the cliffs in the middle, Im trying to get multiple attack routes for players to (ab)use. I think this is also better for each and every race, cause each has their postives and negatives on this map, and they balance eachother out quite well.

So Terran can siege a choke, but if they want to siege both chokes, their force will be spread out quite hard.
For Zerg the positive side of this is maneuvrability of the units on creep and use the cliffs to outposition the opponent. But aswell, there's a negative about it. Creep has to be spread out, chokes can be blocked more easy than wide open battles.
On to Protoss, as I said before, sentries abuse the smaller chokes aswell as Colossus/HT play. But overall I think SC2 Protoss gateway play is very similar to SC1 gateway play. So I think pure gateway will benefit more from open fields + 1 attack route. So that's their weakness on this map.

As for now, I see no point in changing it so far, cause I think having Cliffs and splitting the map will benefit the competitive play on this map rather than hurt it.
TEEHEE
ilikeLIONZ
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany427 Posts
December 22 2010 16:09 GMT
#6
wow i love the style of the first map!
really looking forward to playing those maps, very gj so far.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51538 Posts
December 22 2010 16:11 GMT
#7
I have to ask are those ridges in the center of the first map?

so the first map is like shakuras plateau + Empire of the Sun this because that would be cool for terran promoting some positional mech play.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Koagel
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 16:28:32
December 22 2010 16:24 GMT
#8
On December 23 2010 01:11 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I have to ask are those ridges in the center of the first map?

so the first map is like shakuras plateau + Empire of the Sun this because that would be cool for terran promoting some positional mech play.

+ Show Spoiler +
Yep
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 22 2010 19:45 GMT
#9
The first map... yeah, it's very much like Shakuras Plateau, which is one of the better Blizzard maps. your map's texturing is significantly better and much more appealing though. I am very impressed with your skill on creating such a map. I've only used natural textures, and was thinking about attempting a city/space map soon, but I wanted to learn how to texture first.

The second map looks like Match Point, again, a very good map. The gameplay on these maps are going to be great, and as long as the second map is as beautiful as the first, then I would be surprised if you don't win MotM.

SilverJohnny
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States885 Posts
December 22 2010 20:38 GMT
#10
2nd map looks like match point, but with one less expo location. I wouldn't mind seeing that one have a few more mineral patches on it or something.
also i think you should be able to combine like 5 archons to make a really really shitty oliver stone film - Keanu_Reaver, bw balance genius
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 22 2010 21:14 GMT
#11
Wow Map #1 looks BEAUTIFUL!

Good work look forwards to playing them
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 13:37:24
December 23 2010 13:36 GMT
#12
Look nice, I just hope they aren't tiny maps. #1 looks big though, and #2 should be alright hopefully since the rush distances seem quite long.
#2 almost reminds me of match point, but with the middle cut out, and the top and bottom expos more open.
HOLY CHECK!
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
December 23 2010 22:09 GMT
#13
Mains on #1 look way too small and the middle way too open

#2 is Match Point with an open center which makes army positioning not very important, which was one of the key features in Match Point's success. I can't derive much information from the map analyzer overview though...
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
December 23 2010 22:39 GMT
#14
On December 24 2010 07:09 prodiG wrote:
Mains on #1 look way too small and the middle way too open

#2 is Match Point with an open center which makes army positioning not very important, which was one of the key features in Match Point's success. I can't derive much information from the map analyzer overview though...


Thanks for replying ProdiG!

The mains on map #1 were already changed to being bigger.As for the center, you'll need to see that when the map is released.

I based the second map Match Point, there's been some minor adjustments made on the map already. With these changes, I think positioning is more important. Also, there's a key element in the map that can't be viewed through the map analyzer.
TEEHEE
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
December 23 2010 22:45 GMT
#15
I like #1 though I can't judge the dammed size from the map editor. I think having a wide center is freakin amazingly good. Mains look too small though.

#2, widen the ramps a bit more. There's a problem with maps like that because you can just split the middle. Not possible on Match Point because of all the side paths but here, it's definitely possible.
NeoAlmost
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada8 Posts
December 26 2010 05:28 GMT
#16
Map # 1 looks super nice.
How did you manage to create the white lines and arrows? I tried to imitate that aspect and have been unable to come up with anything close. I found no doodads or textures that look like that.
TheUberMango
Profile Joined December 2010
United States77 Posts
December 26 2010 06:39 GMT
#17
Well the first map is just another plain 4 player map, though i shouldn't talk since i suck at making maps. Then again, the interesting 2 player maps always brings in balance debates
Fear the mango! update, ok I honestly didn't know there was a mod named Mango when I made this
EffectS
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium795 Posts
December 26 2010 18:34 GMT
#18
Unknown map #1 is reveiled to be: City of the Sun!

Unknown map #2 is pending release whenever I feel like it now. :D
TEEHEE
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
UpATreeSC 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1296
Mini 580
actioN 480
Light 231
BeSt 209
Rush 191
Dewaltoss 185
firebathero 93
Snow 90
hero 72
[ Show more ]
Zeus 59
Barracks 55
sorry 53
Trap 29
ToSsGirL 26
JYJ 25
Sexy 24
soO 23
Bale 22
Shine 20
zelot 19
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7250
qojqva2099
Dendi890
420jenkins166
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps961
Fnx 783
x6flipin517
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5549
crisheroes5315
Liquid`Hasu614
Other Games
Beastyqt641
B2W.Neo518
ceh9483
byalli417
ArmadaUGS165
Khaldor157
KnowMe144
C9.Mang0136
TKL 98
BRAT_OK 75
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV239
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 52
• blackmanpl 17
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV434
League of Legends
• Nemesis3400
• TFBlade820
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 32m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.