• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:59
CEST 14:59
KST 21:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7637 users

[Toronto] TSL/GSL event [may 14/15]

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 02:18:34
November 02 2010 18:20 GMT
#1
See http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=232932 for information on the upcoming GSL super tournament event

On sunday may 15th the TSL3 finals will be on and a Toronto event will be held at Molly Bloom's. Come and join us at 12:30pm for a special show match followed by the TSL3 at 2:00pm



Unfortunately we will not be hosting a gsl event this time, simply because the TSL and GSL are back to back. Also because the theater is not available during the day we will be trying something a little different and will be hosting the event in a bar (there are no age restrictions and I expect you guys to come even if you're under 19 :> ), the advantage is that there are no donations collected, it is completely free to come.

Also this was Pycckuu (Ruskie) idea so be sure to thank him.


thanks for the awesome promo Ice S.


WHERE?

+ Show Spoiler +
The event will be hosted at Molly Bloom's, 191 College Street, Toronto, ON
It will be held on the second floor


Schedule

+ Show Spoiler +

1:00pm - 2:00pm : show matches and stuff (as of now It's going to be Dmaga vs WhiteRa )
2:00pm - end : TSL finals stream live casted by chill and day9



Cost/PayPal donation

+ Show Spoiler +
IT'S COMPLETELY FREE, but please feel free to buy some drinks and food at the bar


Remarks
+ Show Spoiler +
Special thanks to Pycckuu (Ruskie), this was his idea so be sure to thank him when you come. If you have any questions please PM me or ask in the thread. On a last note I cannot guarantee stream stability however should it go down I will do my best to find an alternative.


Car pooling/meet up information
+ Show Spoiler +

ChiefSlapaho can drive anyone who lives around etobicoke on sunday as long as its not "TOO" far out of the way, and if it is just fork over 5 bucks or something


facebook event UPDATED, be sure to rsvp
FACEBOOK EVENT

Not sure if you want to go? check out the theater showing for season 2/3
Recap of the theater showing :
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFTu1joYik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFTu1joYik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFTu1joYik
After seeing that video 3 times I think I've made my case.



3 part recording of the inter event by threehundred
+ Show Spoiler +

If you are really in a rush the actual event starts half way through the second video but considering you are browsing teamliquid I'm sure you can make time








If you want to help out
+ Show Spoiler +

(send me a pm)

-a post on reddit; let's make it happen

-if you have an extra projector screen or hd projector you would like to lend for the day we could always use an extra.


kirkybaby
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)781 Posts
November 02 2010 18:22 GMT
#2
I think the price should be $40, and I'd pay twice.
tournament history: 512th place in Altitude TLOpen #1
Krigwin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1130 Posts
November 02 2010 18:23 GMT
#3
How would you be doing this? Projecting the livestream? Would it be the normal or HQ stream?
WCH
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada239 Posts
November 02 2010 18:23 GMT
#4
That would be sweet, but 6:00 am haha.... Kind of early and I have school too..
Yilar
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark90 Posts
November 02 2010 18:26 GMT
#5
Doubt you will get people to come at 6am. Most people that watch this are somewhat nerdy afterall and enjoy staying at home infront of their computer (no offense to anyone, just saying :p)
Not another Terran failure :(
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
November 02 2010 18:27 GMT
#6
On November 03 2010 03:23 Krigwin wrote:
How would you be doing this? Projecting the livestream? Would it be the normal or HQ stream?


Currently trying to see if I can get an even higher quality stream from Gretech but expect the regular paid HQ stream
makoplux
Profile Joined April 2010
88 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-02 18:31:27
November 02 2010 18:29 GMT
#7
I would be there. 100%. Abso-fucking-lutely. Hell yes. HELLL YESSSSSSSSS. Btw guys it's on a saturday so school/work shouldn't be a concern for most people.
who is john galt?
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
November 02 2010 18:30 GMT
#8
On November 03 2010 03:29 makopluxx wrote:
I would be there. 100%. Abso-fucking-lutely. Hell yes. HELLL YESSSSSSSSS.


Pure fanboy, I guess I'll come with you.
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
dtwo
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada125 Posts
November 02 2010 18:38 GMT
#9
Should probably add location Toronto in title.

I'm in Toronto too.. but wouldn't bust ass to commute and be there 6am. Good luck in your even though.
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
November 02 2010 18:41 GMT
#10
thats a great idea, i dont live anywhere near toronto but if i did i would go for 5-10 bucks.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 02 2010 18:43 GMT
#11
Have you put any effort into securing this? I've tried to do it for Brood War and it's basically not feasible unless you're talking more of a university lecture hall...
Moderator
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
November 02 2010 18:43 GMT
#12
I'd def go, wouldn't mind paying 5-10 bucks. Might be a lot of fun! :p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
November 02 2010 18:50 GMT
#13
On November 03 2010 03:43 Chill wrote:
Have you put any effort into securing this? I've tried to do it for Brood War and it's basically not feasible unless you're talking more of a university lecture hall...


Yes, I've already talked to a few people and have gotten some pricing, I know I will be shouldering a chunk of the cost.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 02 2010 18:52 GMT
#14
I just mean logistically. Getting a reasonable internet speed + them allowing you to connect a laptop to their projector are both things I wouldn't see any theater allowing.
Moderator
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
November 02 2010 18:53 GMT
#15
sweet mother of god i wish i wasn't at school right now
Dwell
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-02 18:58:10
November 02 2010 18:54 GMT
#16
It would be a valid idea I think if it was at 6 PM. But 6 AM, I doubt you're gonna get a lot of people leaving their homes for this.

TTC opens at 6 AM too btw, so you're not going to be able to get there in time if you have to use the TTC.

I'd just scrap the idea, get a few friends together at your place with a big monitor or something if you wanna do that. But paying for a theater when it's highly unlikely for more than a handful of people to show up probably isn't the best decision.

EDIT: Like Chill mentioned, university lecture hall would be a far more realistic idea. You don't need the extra room a theater provides at all and the lecture hall will have wireless internet + a projector. That said, if you're not a U of T student (or Ryerson I guess) I don't think you'll be able to book one. And I dunno if they actually unlock the rooms that early or if you'd be able to convince someone to unlock it for you.

All in all, the timezone difference just makes anything but a private gathering pretty hard.

Not to mention it's cold as fuck in Toronto now. It snowed three days ago...
wat
miniwheats
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada187 Posts
November 02 2010 18:56 GMT
#17
I'm pretty sure I would go to this. Good idea.
"Don't disturb my Circles!" -Archimedes
hkfosho
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada213 Posts
November 02 2010 18:57 GMT
#18
if its boxer vs foxer, then yes im up for it. I live in markham, but I wouldn't mind leaving early just to get to dt
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-02 19:02:18
November 02 2010 19:00 GMT
#19
On November 03 2010 03:54 Curu wrote:
It would be a valid idea I think if it was at 6 PM. But 6 AM, I doubt you're gonna get a lot of people leaving their homes for this.

TTC opens at 6 AM too btw, so you're not going to be able to get there in time if you have to use the TTC.

I don't get why people are so unwilling to meet up for these things, they're really unique times and always super fun.

I've driven 6 hours round trip several times for league finals, and I never regret it. We usually go for dinner, go to someone's house, play smash and other xbox games, drink beer, talk about starcraft, play starcraft, watch starcraft.

Hell, at the last one there were some guys who didn't even play Brood War but they still had a good time watching with us. I'm pretty sure Mikeymoo's gf had no idea wtf was going on but still seemed to have fun.

If I was at my parents' place I would go for sure. Sadly, I'm in Calgary now :X
Moderator
Katzenaal
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany194 Posts
November 02 2010 19:02 GMT
#20
can you just rent the theatre or do you have personal relationship with owner or something?

i can remeber i was once with 3 friends in a theatre and we were playing xbox on the silver screen, it was hell of fun but only cause we know the owner and the cinema was soon to be demolished.
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 566
Railgan 55
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68339
Calm 11648
Rain 2382
Bisu 1722
FanTaSy 819
Shuttle 606
Stork 573
soO 454
Rush 338
Soma 237
[ Show more ]
firebathero 232
Snow 208
Last 175
Light 114
Mind 97
Pusan 72
hero 58
Sharp 54
ToSsGirL 44
Free 42
Bale 39
Trap 35
Mong 28
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 23
zelot 20
Sexy 15
Noble 15
HiyA 14
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 2
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8519
Dendi735
Counter-Strike
fl0m2809
byalli1055
x6flipin269
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
gofns40942
singsing2229
B2W.Neo598
Pyrionflax257
Liquid`RaSZi133
Hui .52
Trikslyr33
Chillindude15
Beastyqt8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV469
League of Legends
• Jankos3046
• Nemesis2806
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1262
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 1m
OSC
10h 1m
Replay Cast
10h 1m
OSC
23h 1m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.