• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9492 users

[Toronto] TSL/GSL event [may 14/15] - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 73 74 75 Next
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
November 03 2010 04:17 GMT
#81
On November 03 2010 12:45 Beneather wrote:
I would certainly go if Koreans did not have their games so early in our time. Really great Idea. But I bet it will be hard for people to actually show up. Do you know what I mean people wake up and feel really tired and just cancel on you. I don't know if there's going to be a way to reassure that these people are actually going to come.


I know what you mean but I trust people wouldn't commit unless they actually intend to come, other wise this will be the first and last time.
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
November 03 2010 04:27 GMT
#82
Just a toss out ----


how fast to the vods go up ? cause if you can move this shit back just a few hours to 10-11 everything is actually open....

and I know vods aren't the same as live... but...................... might be balanced by the number of people just tossing it out for thought
jordancalifornia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States6 Posts
November 03 2010 04:37 GMT
#83
Without the permission of gomtv or blizzard, that would be illegal. I would be interested in seeing a theater allowing you to use their facility for illegal purposes
Chase the dream not the competition
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 03 2010 04:44 GMT
#84
Lol if only I still lived in Toronto ;( Man they have so many PC cafes in there (with starcraft of course, or at least in the asian sub-sections of Toronto)

That would be a sweet thing to attend lol.

At first before I clicked on the thread I was thinking this was like an official statement that a movie theater was going to be showing the GSL finals. I wouldn't be surprised, knowing how asian some parts of Toronto can be
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Guard
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada43 Posts
November 03 2010 04:55 GMT
#85
Sounds like an awesome idea. If this thing is going down I am going to be there. All my plans are getting rearranged if you pull this off.
Boundless
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada588 Posts
November 03 2010 16:37 GMT
#86
Just re-read this thread, and it looks like there are at least 50 people willing to do this. HOWEVER, there was a huge point about the GomTV licence agreement made on Page 3.

+ Show Spoiler +
Duties of the user
6. Unless the user has been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with 'Gretech', the user agrees not to reproduce, distribute, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any of the components of 'Services' for any purpose.

8. The user cannot use the information related to the copyright and intellectual property right of 'Gretech' or service providers acquired by using the 'Services' offered by 'Gretech' to copy, send, publish, distribute, broadcast and etc or allow a 3rd party to use such information.


This needs to be worked out before we even think about doing something like this. How annoying would it be to go there, have a great time, and wake up to a lovely licencing violation lawsuit next weekend?

This is what I'm proposing. Since this is literally in 3 days (I'm writing this as of Wednesday at noon), getting confirmation from GOM and getting a venue will be a stretch. How about we do this for GSL 3, and make it a regular thing for all the seasons beyond that? That'll give us a lot of time to check with various venues and check with GOM about the legality of this.
"Sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14
Jackle
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada859 Posts
November 03 2010 16:49 GMT
#87
@Boundless. The finals are on November 13th
You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind.
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
November 03 2010 17:01 GMT
#88
I would be interrested in this. I also live in Markham but would def be willing to make the drive at that ungodly morning hour. Ive got a couple friends that would also make the trip.
Boundless
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada588 Posts
November 03 2010 17:01 GMT
#89
Oh, they're doing this like the superbowl... Last season they did the finals two days after the semis (semis are tomorrow). I guess this time they're giving it a week.

I actually still have the same comments. Ten days is really short time frame to book a venue and get committment.
"Sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
November 03 2010 17:11 GMT
#90
Just a status report, I have a theater lined up with 300 seats and am still waiting on Gretech to reply to my email. In worst case scenario I could buy a one day pass for everyone :/
It's still a possibility I switch to a lecture hall, however if we keep getting more people I think a theater is the best bet.
MGHova
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada274 Posts
November 03 2010 17:32 GMT
#91
Hellz yeah!! I'll come. I'd rather pay 5/nothing but 10's okay I guess
Ezze
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada934 Posts
November 03 2010 17:33 GMT
#92
Which theater do you have lined up?
chromate
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada338 Posts
November 03 2010 18:30 GMT
#93
On November 04 2010 02:33 Ezze wrote:
Which theater do you have lined up?


I've actually got two, I'm going to check each one and see what is more suitable before going into detail.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
November 03 2010 18:52 GMT
#94
I'm down for this... but I need to take the subway so I'll be there by 7.
Kelume
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada6 Posts
November 03 2010 19:10 GMT
#95
I didn't vote, but I'm hosting a gaming allnighter/GOMTV finals. I think this would be a positively EPIC end to such an event. There'll probably be about 5 or 6 of us that I might be able to convince if it's close to Yonge and Bloor, or accessible on one of those bus lines.
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
November 03 2010 19:14 GMT
#96
I would definitely go and have a few friends that would most definitely join me!

Also i am +++'ing the suggestion to push it back from 6AM to 10AM-noon or so and watch the HQ VODs instead of the crappy livestream. It's what I do with normal season games and it's still hella exciting. Just make sure not to get spoilered obv. Definitely more people would show up to that as well.
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 03:43:07
November 03 2010 20:04 GMT
#97
Sounds awesome, you can probably expect me & focuspants plus a couple of our friends.
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 04:21:24
November 04 2010 04:15 GMT
#98
Frankly, I don't see there being any need to get premision from gretech if you're not making a profit on this, to everyone envolved we are just buddies, pitching in towards the retnal of a theater so we can watch the finals in epic fashion.

sure maybe techincally they have a point but who is going to hassle 50 nerds half way across the planet? Consdering the restreaming that steals 10s of thousands of views this doesn't seem like an issue.

but if people want to play it by the book, I'm not one to complain. Bought my season pass anyways
echobong
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada92 Posts
November 04 2010 04:22 GMT
#99
Dude. Post in Korea town. You'll be flush. Fack, wish I lived in TO again....
Gudeldar
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1200 Posts
November 04 2010 04:24 GMT
#100
Interesting idea but even the HQ stream will probably look like shit on a huge screen.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM393
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 393
ByuN 260
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko300
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM211
hiko187
Pyrionflax173
Livibee150
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV449
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 28m
The PondCast
21h 28m
INu's Battles
22h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.