• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:40
CEST 22:40
KST 05:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7712 users

A Glimpse into SC2 Progaming

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 23:41:28
October 17 2010 22:01 GMT
#1
I woke up with a wicked hangover at the OGS-TL house wondering why the fuck I was even there.

The day previous to that I originally told spunky come to seoul and lets go out real style, but he said, "fuck tomorrow we have gomtv teamleague finals let's just go out here and then tomorrow after we own everything go back to seoul and celebrate victorious"

(the OGS-TL house is in Bu-cheon on the border of Incheon which is very close to Mok-dong where the GOMtv studios is located, but a 1 hr drive to seoul)

I got in a cab and went there and when I arrived it was already around 12:30 AM. Everyone on the team was still practicing hardcore which is unusual that late as OGS-TL has very comfortable productive practice hours.

TheWind looked at me like WTF? (he knows i come to lead people into the night but they had teamleague the next day so that was impossible) then said "OH HI DAN!"

I looked at everyone then at my watch then a confused look to TheWind I asked him "WTF?"

with a chuckle (he knows going out that late in incheon which is the country side of seoul is only bad news LOL) he replied "we gotta win!"

Me and spunky decided to just have a simple night and drink a bit at a bar then rest up and chill to go watch teamleague the next day.

We drank a bottle at some random bar, I learned a few tricks (sorry, sensitive information cannot release it now), then we called it an early night.

Then back at the OGS-TL sookso for some reason decided to drink 2 huge bottles of beer with TheWind while watching some BS korean movie because I couldn't sleep (hence the wicked hangover beer on top of vodka ugh).

I got woken up at around 3:30 PM with people telling me to get fucking ready for the finals. Thankfully the cooking/cleaning ajuma they have employed at their house is the ultimate cook. I've lived in Korea almost 7 years now and recycled through countless amounts of these ajumas and this lady should be a master chef at a 5 star restaurant. The best part is all you have to say is "Bae go pa" which means "hungry" in korean then she will prepare it, then after you're done you just say "Jal mokossimnida" which means "I ate well" and she'll clean it. Easy life. Except I was still in pain.

I couldn't decide wtf I wanted to do so I just lazy'd around. Then everybody left and before leaving, MinChul told me "Dan Hyung u were snoring like crazy last night I couldn't sleep!!!" I apologized.

Despite the food my hangover was fking terrible, I had barely slept 4 hours because my sleep schedule is screwed up. I then made my mind up to fk the teamleague finals and just stay there and sleep and maybe watch online. Unfortunately for me some computer guys were there fixing some internet problems so TheWind had to stay behind. I screwed around not wanting to go but then TheWind told me "when these guys finish lets go together in an hour!"

I'm not a man to say no to honest requests so, "ok"

Me and Thewind took a cab there and the matches were just starting. We were in some backstage teamroom with a TV that displayed the match live on it (fuck sitting in the metal chairstands next to the stage when u can relax in nice chairs and use another one as a legstand in a backroom with the lights off). Zenio lost his first game. This was particularly funny for me because he's one of the top OGS-TL players in practice but he keeps screwing up in real games. After his loss he left the main area and came into the room I was sitting.

I was alone in that room. He came in and said nothing. I said nothing. Words weren't necessary. I felt some insane negative "FUCK" energy. I found it cute and succeeded at trying not to laugh. I could have attempted to comfort him but I've been there in that same situation (like when I lost wcg usa despite being in korea for a few months). Theres nothing to say really lol.

Then someone from OGS came into the room and made Zenio come back out to the booth because despite losing he still has to sit with the team. I found that hilarious as fuck but at the same time I was dying tired. I got comfortable and passed out at that point.

Suddenly the light got turned on and the prime team came in along with my old friend steve yea who has had success in war3/poker and now is a sc2 player in prime. It was now 1-3 with Werra in the lead and OGS needed a 3-kill to win it.

OGSTL-MC (Min Chul) was on the TV doing this pregame ceremony acting like a rockstar/wrestler basically telling the other guy he's going to fking rape him.

anypro/check/steveyea were all saying 'what the fuck how can he do that before his match? if he loses he'll look like a fucking idiot!'

I guess they didn't know that that MinChul's nickname in the korean community for SC1 was "suicide toss." In sc1 before one of his matches he went up to the camera and took his index finger and did the neck slice motion. Then he lost looking like a complete fool. Hence the term suicide toss was coined.

I knew this, but at the same time, TLO/Jinro had been telling me how good he is, plus in all my time spent at the OGS house I only saw him lose once. I told steve yea: "Okay let's bet. I'll give you 6-1 odds on 10$ I got MinChul. So if Minchul wins I get 10$ and if the werra guy wins u get 60."

He snap called. Thank you easy 10$ as Minchul steamrolled his opponent.

Game 2: "Okay I'll give you 7-1 this time." "Call"

Game 2 if you saw it MinChul opted not to get collusus range and all the prime guys were saying 'GG'

I almost got scared for a second then all the sudden MinChul just walked over the guy (apparently the units group better together and walk together over force fields (one group for collosus/unit and one group for immortal to target their collusus) + the money advantage from not having to invest 200/200 into it so it was good in that situation). Thank you.

I told steve not to fuck with a professional as he paid me 10$ more. Then I offered him 10-1 on the last game. He declined and everyone laughed.

As the suicide toss completed the triple kill I walked out to the main stage area and I could see the glee on every single OGS members' faces in person.

I was overwhelmed with memories. Not that we won very often when I was on hexatron: but the few days we did; it's a feeling that cannot be compared to anything. The best meal of your life, the best sex of your life, making alot of $....

Nothing can compare to that feeling. That feeling of ownage. That feeling of "we did it."

I saw MinChul and jokingly told him I was the reason he won: "If it weren't for me snoring you wouldn't have been able to wake up early and think about all your strategies today!!!!! BTW Thx for the 20$ u won me LOL"

I high fived everyone and they were soon after swarmed by press and fan girls. I stood on the outskirts looking at them proud as hell as they held up their check and trophy, these young boys with Nada on their team standing next to them. I haven't felt such a new fresh feeling in years. I was no longer hungover. I was just happy.

They had a team dinner afterwards and I came a bit late cause I had to do some stuff. I sat down at the far side of a very long table next to TLO and Haypro. Jinro was in the middle mingling with the koreans just like he was one of their very own. I saw everyone overjoyed, talking shit to eachother, clanging soju glasses, devouring good meat, as spunky handed out checks containing almost all 3k of the prize money split up amongst to the players. Thats what progaming is really about. (and P.s. the next day Zenio 7-0 all killed his round 1 of the new team league getting the monkey off his back. He's happy now LOL)

That being said there was no reason that night to go back to Seoul and drink like we always have. Tonight was the real night with the team. We realized there was no reason to go anywhere, and drank the night away in incheon.

Though I've talked about the possibilities with many people and the fact that I'll never be a competitive player again: at that very moment I realized: I want back in. Maybe not as a player. But I will be back.

The gamer pride can never be corrupted.
why so 진지해?
Nuri
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand280 Posts
October 17 2010 22:07 GMT
#2
nice read
The biggest risk in life is not taking any risks at all
BigBadSkathe
Profile Joined September 2009
United States234 Posts
October 17 2010 22:09 GMT
#3
nice
Hey.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 17 2010 22:10 GMT
#4
Iron is a baller
DonKey_
Profile Joined May 2010
Liechtenstein1356 Posts
October 17 2010 22:10 GMT
#5
o dam does this mean rekrul is back?
`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
xlat
Profile Joined August 2010
176 Posts
October 17 2010 22:13 GMT
#6
Really nice read, personal and interesting, thanks alot!
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 17 2010 22:14 GMT
#7
thanks for reading, almost makes me feel like i was there. gonna have to go check out the vods for the ceremony ^^
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
October 17 2010 22:16 GMT
#8
Heartwarming story by the one and only Rekrul! I can't wait to see you help out the esports scene in the future. Maybe try commentating?
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Elegy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1629 Posts
October 17 2010 22:16 GMT
#9
brilliant read

he knows i come to lead people into the night


LOL that cracked me up for ages.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 22:17:35
October 17 2010 22:16 GMT
#10
gogo Rekul becomes a progamer again. We need someone to record this on video and you'll be Hyung Joon v2.0 :D

The post was very nice to read and I learned a few things from it.

The 2 most important things I know is
1. If you ever get to hang out with Rekrul, DO NOT SLEEP NEAR HIM :D
2. Never bet against Rekrul or you'll lose too much money TT instead bet with him.

More plz :d
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 17 2010 22:17 GMT
#11
There's nothing like winning as a team. That and your topics are always awesome rek! Thanks
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
October 17 2010 22:17 GMT
#12
Oh man, I hope that means you're going to come back to the scene! The first time I ever heard of you was when you had your matches against Artosis.

Excellent read, I love your style of expressing yourself.
@DreamingBird
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 17 2010 22:17 GMT
#13
lol rekrul oldboy would be almost as sweet as kang min
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
October 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#14
Holy fuck...Artosis vs Rekrul grudematches again?
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
October 17 2010 22:23 GMT
#15
sweeeet read. cheers!
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Peanutsc
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States308 Posts
October 17 2010 22:24 GMT
#16
WAHAHAHAHA Rekrul come ... to the light side ... where optimism and can-do spirit reign supreme ...

GG dude.
"You only get one life on this earth, Tasteless, and if you're not spending the majority of it playing StarCraft, I would argue that it might be wasted." "I couldn't agree more, Artosis."
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 22:25:08
October 17 2010 22:24 GMT
#17
Ahahaha the part with TheWind made me crack up. Good read and I hope you give us some more back stories of the SC2 proscene. Thanks!
Taengoo ♥
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 17 2010 22:25 GMT
#18
I wish all TL members would post stories like this. Nice read.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
October 17 2010 22:27 GMT
#19
(and P.s. the next day Zenio 7-0 all killed his round 1 of the new team league getting the monkey off his back. He's happy now LOL)

whoa new team league?
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
October 17 2010 22:29 GMT
#20
Wow MinChul..what a baller
ggaemo fan
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason21
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3895
Liquid`Hasu2107
Other Games
summit1g5787
B2W.Neo528
byalli471
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0173
KnowMe156
Chillindude21
Railgan17
Trikslyr13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 20m
Stellar Fest
16h 20m
Stellar Fest
16h 20m
Stellar Fest
16h 20m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.