• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:59
CEST 09:59
KST 16:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10628 users

how can I get out of my awful losing streak?

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
gamelord12
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
September 11 2010 23:23 GMT
#1
I play Zerg, and I'm a 900+ point bronze player, approximately rank 7 in my division. For a while, I thought I was going to rank into silver any day now, but I went from about 38-34 to 41-49. I attributed my losing streak to switching to a 10-pool opening build rather than a 13-pool, due to its ability to better withstand cheese. However, now that I'm back to a 13-pool strategy, I still lost my last 3 matches. I'm on a roughly 10-game losing streak, and I have no idea why I've regressed so badly. Granted, two of those losses were matches where I had an advantage but my internet dropped, but still, losing 10 games in a row isn't fun. My matches have been marked mostly as "even match", even though my earlier matches were marked mostly as my opponent being slightly favored.

In addition to my general losing streak, I also got photon cannon cheesed today, but not in the normal way (he blocked off my ramp rather than going after my economy). I've gotten better at spotting photon cannon cheese (I at least see it coming just about every time it happens now), and I've even stopped it plenty of times, but this one was different, particularly because this guy took very good care of his probe, and I couldn't kill it with my drone in time. I got turtled into my base and ended up losing. Below are links to some of my recent losses. Please, please, please offer me some tips on how to improve my game. I spend so much time playing this game that it's kind of depressing I'm not better at it.

The photon cannon blockade:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78360-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis#rd:dna

other games:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78363-1v1-terran-zerg-blistering-sands
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78364-1v1-terran-zerg-delta-quadrant


Here are some wins of mine so you can see my play style when I don't utterly suck...I'm particularly proud of my win against a gold player who used mass reapers.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78368-1v1-terran-zerg-kulas-ravine
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78371-1v1-terran-zerg-delta-quadrant

Any help you guys can offer would be great. I desperately want out of bronze, especially since a good friend of mine is ranked 19th in diamond.
Zerokaiser
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada885 Posts
September 11 2010 23:27 GMT
#2
All anybody here can say is to keep practicing. All you need to get into the top of platinum is macro. Practice your macro. Always be making drones. Always be expanding. Make units when you need to.
Lanaia is love.
Barrier
Profile Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5 Posts
September 11 2010 23:34 GMT
#3
I recommend you to stop playing for a little bit, watch some casts/replayes, read some strategies, then try them a littlebit with friends or ai just to perfect the timing etc. and then try ladder again. thats what im doing and it works
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-12 00:11:58
September 11 2010 23:49 GMT
#4
Kinda on the same boat I watched just one replay (the one x terran nightrain) overall u didnt scout at all
I never seen not even on bronze a zerg that would control towers and leave 1 zergling at the barricade of the terran ...
u tried to fastly go to hive and build ultras (for what i could see) without even proper defense ....
even half of the bioball would have killed ya
first advice scout
second if u see bio ball act to it (the damned banes)
third dont go assuming terran wont harass ya because he is terran and u can take a lot of time to freely expand (and even on 1 base! )
if it would be u would be dead by cloaked banshees in half the time the guy took ...
or marines + hellions with blue fire combo ...
overall scout and react that is what zerg is about ...
sorry if i were harsh but it's what a bronze player like you feels...

edit: when i am on losing streak or constant battle net drop i watch replay play 2v2 or 4v4 and will just play the other day ...
Vorgrim
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (North)1601 Posts
September 11 2010 23:51 GMT
#5
Lots and lots of games. Reading all the build orders and counters won't get you anywhere if you don't have the ingame experience to go with it.

Forget about your ranking, don't worry about losses, just focus on getting better. When you lose, look at the replay and see what you could have done better, and try to incorporate it into your next game(s). Sc2 is my first rts, so I know what you are going through.
AmaZing
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Nepal299 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-12 00:08:39
September 12 2010 00:07 GMT
#6
Do what i did.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128752
Go to this thread. Download the map, drag and drop a common map ala Lost temple/ metalopolis into your starcraft2 exe.

Pick zerg and Choose the Lalush v2 build or the speedling build. practice practice practice till u can do it without the help provided in the map.
Test it in ladder.
ಠ_ಠ
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-12 00:11:52
September 12 2010 00:10 GMT
#7
First of all, this would be better as a blog. Second, why would you even bother mentioning your rank and points when you're a bronze player? I think it shows a lack of understanding of how awful your play must be. If you have a friend that's ranked in diamond, ask him to play 10 games as zerg or so and compare and contrast why he's better than you. Realizing some things you do in-game are mistakes and are bad play is important, because the moment you get too attached to a build or some kind of overly complex strategy there's a tendency to obsess about it and then you'll not see the core mistakes you're making.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
September 12 2010 00:11 GMT
#8
Yabot rocks
i would say it try timing the builds and get one you feel confortable with...
also you can try with someone, if you wish add me we can train together I play reasonable well with both T and Z (just dont ask for P) ...
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
September 12 2010 00:18 GMT
#9
Ok, I just watched you game on blistering sands so things I noticed, in order from most important to least.

Make more drones. You stand a much better chance of winning if you pump too many drones, than if you pump too few. You had 13 drones, when your opponent had 23 scvs.

Don't build 3 spine crawlers, they are not worth it. If you need saftey, just build 1 , or better yet, make zerglings with speed.

Get a queen out for each hatchery reasonably soon and use spawn larvae as much as you can. You don't have to be anywhere near perfect, diamond players still mis spawn larvae often. Just think of it as, everytime i can do it, it's a bonus!

Don't build buildings for the sake of building buildings. Decide which ones you want.

Use your zerglings to scout, just poke up his ramp. Your lings can always run away.

You don't need 2 gas before lair, or in general, unless you are building gas heavy units
Darthturtle
Profile Joined May 2009
United States718 Posts
September 12 2010 00:48 GMT
#10
I'm a very streaky player. When I go on my losing streaks, I'm generally just not playing at a level I'm capable of. I don't know why, and I don't know how I got there, but I know if I go to sleep and play again the next day, I'll be fine. It's okay to take a little break from gaming. Usually if I try to force myself to "win one" before I get off, I just wind up losing games for an hour or so.
AmaZing
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Nepal299 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-12 01:50:09
September 12 2010 01:49 GMT
#11
On September 12 2010 09:10 Mothxal wrote:
First of all, this would be better as a blog. Second, why would you even bother mentioning your rank and points when you're a bronze player? I think it shows a lack of understanding of how awful your play must be. If you have a friend that's ranked in diamond, ask him to play 10 games as zerg or so and compare and contrast why he's better than you. Realizing some things you do in-game are mistakes and are bad play is important, because the moment you get too attached to a build or some kind of overly complex strategy there's a tendency to obsess about it and then you'll not see the core mistakes you're making.

lol ur talking like he's a mid diamond and his "core" mistakes are actually established. humble beginnings would probably make more sense.
The fundamentals, More Drones, non stop drones
a Build Order
practice practice practice
ಠ_ಠ
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 445
Hyuk 241
910 107
Yoon 38
Dewaltoss 38
Bale 30
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 27
yabsab 14
Killer 14
[ Show more ]
Noble 3
Dota 2
XcaliburYe75
League of Legends
JimRising 546
Counter-Strike
ceh9528
olofmeister509
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King174
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1859
Khaldor248
Other Games
singsing690
WinterStarcraft395
Happy277
Sick228
Livibee176
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH96
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Stunt520
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 1m
Stellar Fest
5h 1m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.