• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:39
CEST 14:39
KST 21:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8753 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 Day 6 - Leta vs Action winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
August 13 2010 17:02 GMT
#1
MafiaZerg! How often do we see him interviewed? He's on eSTRO, right?

[image loading]


Q: Thoughts on making the Ro8?
A: From a practice viewpoint, I feel differently than others, I feel like I’ve been an unsuccessful Zerg. I don’t know if that’s the reason, but starting yesterday I was so worried about this game that I couldn’t sleep. However, I’m still very joyful that I won.

Q: Why did you feel dissatisfied?
A: In terms of practice, even though mutal can fly very quickly to the enemy base, and this is good, Terran also has a lot of techniques and can easily defend against mutal. Once the game reaches its mid-late stages, there is very little that benefits Zerg. (T/N maybe he’s trying to say that since he was dissatisfied since he didn’t use mutal?)

Q: You’re 3:0 against Leta, head-to-head.
A: In ZvT matchups, I have a lot of motivation to win the first game. Since I won so easily against Leta in our first game, I was filled with the same motivations for later games, and that was a great help towards practicing.

Q: Who do you hope to face in the Ro8?
A: I don’t want to face Zerg, hopefully I’ll face some other race. The Ro8 will be far away, and I’ll have to travel a long way to get there, but if I play a ZvZ, it’ll be over very quickly (T/N unless you play ZerO?). Of course if I win it’ll be good, but if I lose I’ll be dejected, so I hope to play another race.

Q: Your victory eliminated both Bisu and Effort.
A: Compared to my games, a lot more fans eagerly anticipate Bisu and Effort, so it feels like a burden, knocking them out. But I can’t throw games because of this (T/N LOL), I must exert full force in the coming games. I’ll repay the fans by showing them wonderful games myself.

Q: It’s your first time going to the Ro8, right?
A: Yes, I’m eager for it. Even though it’s only the Ro8, there should be a lot of fans coming to watch OSL, which will make me slightly anxious.

Q: Any final remarks?
A: Classic and fancy spent three consecutive days specifically practicing with me, so I thank them dearly for helping so much with my win. This weekend is my mom’s birthday, so this victory is my big present to her.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-13/20801.html
Translator:3
gn0m
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden302 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 17:11:44
August 13 2010 17:09 GMT
#2
Thanks for translation, although thats horrible news. Even Action himself seems to think so -_-
-_-
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
August 13 2010 17:13 GMT
#3
I wanted Leta to win, so that there would be tiebreakers.... I wish there were tiebreakers
:)
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
August 13 2010 17:15 GMT
#4
On August 14 2010 02:09 gn0m wrote:
Thanks for translation, although thats horrible news. Even Action himself seems to think so -_-

lol

He might just be saying that, seeing as he went into that game having already read Leta's build like a book (at least, it looked like that to me) and prepared thoroughly for it.
Translator:3
Husmusen
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden92 Posts
August 13 2010 17:26 GMT
#5
they all such humble guys even tho this sucks for an effort fanboy like me, I will be secretly rooting for him in the later rounds
Effort is the man Effort understands
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
August 13 2010 17:38 GMT
#6
Thank you for the translation.

Oh, Bisu, nooooooo.

There goes LeeSsang Taekbang semi-finals. I really didn't want Bisu to be the first amongst the four to drop out. :<
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
August 13 2010 17:59 GMT
#7
Oh Action, your worst fears have been confirmed. To be faced up against Jaedong in the Ro16. >.<
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
August 13 2010 18:08 GMT
#8
GOOOO ACTION!!! MAKE ESTRO PROUD!!!
aurum510
Profile Joined July 2010
United States229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:18:05
August 13 2010 18:11 GMT
#9
That's pretty impressive knocking out Bisu and Effort.
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:23:10
August 13 2010 18:22 GMT
#10
Motherfucker Action. You now have an anti-fan... j/k.. but I'm pretty sad about this

So much for a TaekBangLeeSsang Ro4 :[
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
August 13 2010 18:27 GMT
#11
Action is cute <3 Thanks for the trans.
ggaemo fan
trevabob
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom350 Posts
August 13 2010 18:27 GMT
#12
Sad that Eff0rt got knocked out... meh about beesuit...

Still, Action seems very nice :p
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
August 13 2010 18:29 GMT
#13
Fuck you Action. I wanted Bisu and Effort to fight one more time. Now my hero is down until the next questionable league. FMSCL.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
mkoks
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Turkey70 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:32:53
August 13 2010 18:31 GMT
#14

[image loading]

good job mafia zerg :D i hope better team pick you...
teh best~
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
August 13 2010 18:41 GMT
#15
Yay! :D
Care Bear Zerg ftw!
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 18:55:36
August 13 2010 18:55 GMT
#16
Man, I just noticed he looks like he got his zerg skills by assimilating Julyzerg.
mkoks
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Turkey70 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 19:00:14
August 13 2010 19:00 GMT
#17
read this;

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127078

i think Action deserve ro8 rooting for MafiaZerg!
teh best~
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
August 13 2010 19:07 GMT
#18
bastard. now why you gotta go eliminate bisu?

and bisu.. now why you gotta lose to a hydra bust :[

qq
Jaedong.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
August 13 2010 19:12 GMT
#19
damn, never would have expected bisu and effort out.

action, dont flop in too bad in the ro8
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 19:17:31
August 13 2010 19:17 GMT
#20
Ah, if it were (Z)great, I'd be furious, but I can't get too mad at (Z)Action. He outplayed (Z)EffOrt in the ZvZ, and that's that.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings163
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko379
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4793
Jaedong 3004
Leta 1768
actioN 864
EffOrt 743
Horang2 499
Soma 440
BeSt 397
Mini 320
Killer 305
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
Stork 231
Light 148
Barracks 139
Pusan 133
Snow 128
ggaemo 110
Zeus 110
Larva 97
Sea.KH 59
Mong 55
JYJ 54
HiyA 42
hero 41
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 32
Sharp 31
Shinee 24
sorry 20
zelot 18
Sexy 17
Sacsri 12
Aegong 10
JulyZerg 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5920
Dendi768
XaKoH 495
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_125
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3608
Other Games
gofns41155
singsing1484
olofmeister1473
B2W.Neo629
byalli489
Livibee190
OGKoka 98
ArmadaUGS65
DeMusliM63
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV317
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV278
League of Legends
• Jankos1629
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 21m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.