• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9486 users

Continuous Play

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
TyTaynium
Profile Joined March 2010
United States49 Posts
August 10 2010 04:04 GMT
#1
Hello Team Liquiders. Today I come with a very peculiar problem, which I can't quite seem to find an answer for. I play SC2 and am in Silver League(not very impressive, I know), but I find that I have trouble sitting down and just playing many games of SC2 in a row. I find that I'll play one, and it doesn't really matter if I win or lose, I just don't feel like I can play another game, as if I'm scared to click on the button to find another opponent. I originally played fps shooters, and have no trouble playing those for hours on end. I also can watch streams for hours on end as well. I believe I watched about 10 out of the 12 hours that BigT streamed yesterday. I don't know if its a strange fear.. or if I'm just mentally exhausted.

Does anyone else feel like this or am I just stupid? Tips would also be helpful on how I can play more than one game in one sitting.
The end of an era.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
August 10 2010 04:09 GMT
#2
You have the same problem as EVERY SINGLE other player. There is a lot of stuff to focus on in sc2, and it takes a lot of mental processing. In other games, you focus on one thing and let your natural reactions handle it. It takes a while for you to do everything naturally in sc2, but once you do, you won't feel stressed about sc2 anymore.
cive
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada370 Posts
August 10 2010 04:12 GMT
#3
LoL me too me too. All my friends feel this way too. Especially on Ladder.

Only solution to this i say, is don't care about your stats. If you get a IRL practice partner, you will find you can chew up 20 games no problem.
Play Terran
baeracaed
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States604 Posts
August 10 2010 04:13 GMT
#4
Here are a few other related threads.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139658

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129577

Here's one that has some interesting discussion in it that might help. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142131
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Cookies! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 04:20:18
August 10 2010 04:19 GMT
#5
I get the same thing. I could play UMS (assuming the custom game systems gets fucking fixed so I can play something other than Nexus Wars, Battlecraft and TD) all day, but I don't like laddering because I winding up below .500 (27-26 atm, I don't want to drop 2!) and I hate custom melee's because I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing as they don't go on my stats or anything.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
August 10 2010 04:23 GMT
#6
i think a lot of people feel like that, laddering can be intimidating. most normal human beings love statistics and love to see progress (positive ratios/stats) and fear losing of course.

but its best to get over that fear and just play. easier said than done ofcourse
Bartiemus
Profile Joined June 2010
New Zealand84 Posts
August 10 2010 04:23 GMT
#7
I use to to have that problem now I find it easy to mass game just spent my entire sunday playing starcraft 2 online got me promoted from bronze to gold I was pleased.
Id rather just kill you and call it a day.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
August 10 2010 04:26 GMT
#8
lol i felt the same back when i was playing BW ... i created a game and prayed that no one joined so i could give myself a pat in the back saying "at least you tried" ... but someone came ... and i was like "holy shit what am i gonna do T_T" ... then he's like "gogogogo" ... im like *click Start* ... and 10 minutes later i typed out feeling like someone just fucked me in the neck ;_;

though in SC2 it's much easier since there are so many wow newbies around so i could just spam dddddddd then stim then a-move then lolgg then feel good about myself :3
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
Kwidowmaker
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada978 Posts
August 10 2010 04:29 GMT
#9
I'm brain dead after a bunch of games of SC myself as well. I'd start to play sluggishly, wouldn't be thinking about the game, would make stupid mistakes, forget what was coming next in my BO, etc. Go blast your quads or something and come back
Kk.
G3nXsiS
Profile Joined July 2009
United States656 Posts
August 10 2010 04:30 GMT
#10
Yeah I have the same problem. When Im winning, I just get this satisfied feeling and I don't feel like playing anymore. My suggestion would be to get a rival or a friend and try to beat his rank or his score or record.
Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
August 10 2010 04:59 GMT
#11
try finding a friend at around ur level and play practice games with them instead. ladder can be boring for some people and u dont really improve as much as from playing vs a friend
fuck lag
sNes.
Profile Joined June 2008
United States377 Posts
August 10 2010 05:07 GMT
#12
Perhaps SC2 is not really the game for you or maybe something you don't want to take in a competative light. I mean i can be completly wrong but what I do on my down time is watch TONS of replays and take a lot a lot of notes. Also get a practice partner,on this forum their is a thread where you can probally find people on your level. You have to be motivated to play and to get better. For me its just the fact that SC has been in my life ever since the early BW days and i've always wanted to get better and better at it. Just find a reason to keep playing. If not just go casual and play custom maps :D. But yeah it can be a fear that you may have (nothing personal). What I would do is watch replays to get pumped and practice build orders. And you should really care if you win or lose because it gives you motivation to become a better player. Already not caring is making you develop into a casual player which I am not sure you want to be. If you do then all the power to you .
Heroes get remembered but Legends never die
speedyoctopus
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia7 Posts
August 10 2010 05:10 GMT
#13
Yes this is a common problem. This is why I believe StarCraft is a mans game.
What makes the grass grow? Blood blood blood!
CrunkOwns
Profile Joined April 2010
United States138 Posts
August 10 2010 05:19 GMT
#14
I get this sometimes too... Sometimes after a bunch of games I just feel like I can't think and my contacts are all hard and hurting my eyes.. I usually go eat something or go smoke a bowl or watch some porn or something then come back to sc2.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. – Seneca the Younger
Kakisho
Profile Joined January 2010
United States240 Posts
August 10 2010 07:05 GMT
#15
On August 10 2010 14:10 speedyoctopus wrote:
Yes this is a common problem. This is why I believe StarCraft is a mans game.


That's Awesome.


As for me, in the beta, even though I loved SCII I kept avoiding 1v1's. I made the rule that my first game could be a 2v2/3v3/4v4 or a custom as a warm-up but the next ones would have to be the dreaded 1v1. Just force yourself to have to do what you fear the most as much as you can. It's kinda exciting to be so into something and at the same time have such a strong feeling against it.
Cold wind, chilling.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
August 10 2010 07:10 GMT
#16
On August 10 2010 16:05 Kakisho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 14:10 speedyoctopus wrote:
Yes this is a common problem. This is why I believe StarCraft is a mans game.


That's Awesome.


As for me, in the beta, even though I loved SCII I kept avoiding 1v1's. I made the rule that my first game could be a 2v2/3v3/4v4 or a custom as a warm-up but the next ones would have to be the dreaded 1v1. Just force yourself to have to do what you fear the most as much as you can. It's kinda exciting to be so into something and at the same time have such a strong feeling against it.

Yeah, I like to warm up in team games as well. It helps the transition into 1v1's, for me at least.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
August 10 2010 07:15 GMT
#17
I always make sure I complete a few build orders as perfectly as I can in YABOT before I go to ladder. Helps with warming up while making sure you know you got your main BO's down.
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
August 10 2010 07:21 GMT
#18
On August 10 2010 13:04 TyTaynium wrote:
Hello Team Liquiders. Today I come with a very peculiar problem, which I can't quite seem to find an answer for. I play SC2 and am in Silver League(not very impressive, I know), but I find that I have trouble sitting down and just playing many games of SC2 in a row. I find that I'll play one, and it doesn't really matter if I win or lose, I just don't feel like I can play another game, as if I'm scared to click on the button to find another opponent. I originally played fps shooters, and have no trouble playing those for hours on end. I also can watch streams for hours on end as well. I believe I watched about 10 out of the 12 hours that BigT streamed yesterday. I don't know if its a strange fear.. or if I'm just mentally exhausted.

Does anyone else feel like this or am I just stupid? Tips would also be helpful on how I can play more than one game in one sitting.


A lot of people don't really like massing games... I personally like to play 2-3 games at a time, then taking a break. Works well when I practice with my team so we can take turns.

I do the same when I ladder... 2-3 games every few hours, and if I still feel like playing sc2, i'll play some challenges/campaigns.

It's too mentally demanding to play a game and actively improve for hours and hours.

If you're playing for fun, then just play whenever you want. If you play to get better, play until you don't feel you benefit from it anymore.
Mizzles
Profile Joined May 2010
33 Posts
August 10 2010 09:00 GMT
#19
For anyone who finds it difficult to play because they don't want to lose their precious >50% ratio, my advice to you is to tank your record. Switch to random and just play a few games with crazy strategies. Once you are 20 losses in the hole, it doesn't matter any more and you can just relax and focus on playing the game, having fun or getting better, whatever you want.

In the long run that semi-intentional lose streak will just be eaten up and disappear, but in the short term it may give you the mental relaxation required to enjoy the game.

Don't think about it, just do it, then it's too late. If you are super worried the ladder will probably be reset one day for some reason anyway.
Antario
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands23 Posts
August 10 2010 09:06 GMT
#20
i get the exact same thoughts after ending a match

what i do is i boot up the replay and analize my own preformance, allowing myself to calmly process the match

and then entering the next one with a calm mind and a couple reminders for myself
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 130
SpeCial 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12408
Artosis 359
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift3316
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox404
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4861
Liquid`Hasu1151
Khaldor1112
Other Games
summit1g7372
shahzam516
FrodaN141
ArmadaUGS100
NeuroSwarm65
Mew2King62
ViBE51
JuggernautJason42
Vindicta2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• HerbMon 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie847
• Scarra389
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 25m
Stellar Fest
14h 25m
OSC
23h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.