• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:37
CEST 10:37
KST 17:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8441 users

TL Comedians Thread

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 06:12:59
March 24 2010 19:15 GMT
#1
NOT a random comedian thread, I mean people on TL who are comedians!

Whats the only thing harder than Starcraft? That's right, Standup Comedy.

So I noticed a few weeks ago in a thread that there are a few other comedians on TL other than myself, this is where we shall gather!

Post videos of your performances, introduce yourself and say how long you've been doing comedy, post open mic nights or competitions your doing, etc etc.

Also describe what kind of comedian you are, always interesting to hear! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm Morrell "mOnion" Munyon and I've been doing standup since I was 14, so almost 7 years now. I don't have many good vids of my shows since I dont own a digital camera so this'll have to do.



kind of an older show of mine, most of that material I've sifted thru and replaced.

If you didnt notice I am a clean comedian, meaning no dirty jokes ^_^ I started that because I originally performed mostly in churches, but I kept doing it cuz I think it improves your writing a whole lotta buncha

Not funny + clean = not funny
Not funny + dirty = not funny and CREEPY

I'm doing Texas' Funniest Comic competition on April 14th, did a similar competition last year (Dallas's funniest) and got to the quarter finals so I'd feel good about this year, except I'm going up against paid pro's who've been on TV T________T

Anybody else? I know there's Day[9] and a couple others I talked to before, gogogogo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured Comic #2: Day[9]

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8198559878970672169

Sean "Day[9]" Plott is a great guy who I had the pleasure of talking with for almost 2 hours straight about SC/SC2/ and standup comedy at Blizzcon. He is a naturally HILARIOUS fellow who's been experimenting with a love for standup comedy and is doing a great job.

With an incredibly unique style of diction, and never shying away from a masturbation joke or 12, he en-captures the audience with his passionate delivery until the floor is moist with their tears of laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured Comic #3: unSpeak's Roomate

On April 23 2010 07:09 unSpeake wrote:
My roomate :


Idunno who the kid is, but this is his second show ever, and based on what he says in his set, that means his first time trying standup was on Last Comic Standing. Bravo!!!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
March 24 2010 19:23 GMT
#2
Funny + clean = Funny
Funny + dirty = Extra Funny

I'll watch your act when I get home, stand up is ridiculously hard to pull off well, and I wish you luck in your endeavors!
good vibes only
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 19:34:43
March 24 2010 19:25 GMT
#3
On March 25 2010 04:23 Meta wrote:
Funny + clean = Funny
Funny + dirty = Extra Funny

I'll watch your act when I get home, stand up is ridiculously hard to pull off well, and I wish you luck in your endeavors!

It's a risk. Dirty gives you potential, though I'd consider hilarious jokes that are clean to be much better. More skill to be funny without throwing obscenities everywhere. That's just my opinion though.

EDIT: And you were hilarious. The only criticism I had was it was a bit unorganized. Either way, I enjoyed it.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 19:26:27
March 24 2010 19:25 GMT
#4
On March 25 2010 04:23 Meta wrote:
Funny + clean = Funny
Funny + dirty = Extra Funny


sigh, this is true....

durn family always watching me >_< i hate being a role model x.x

EDIT: YAAAA archaic knows whats up. clean comedy is like playing Terran. harder in the beginning but bigger payout ^_^
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
March 24 2010 19:32 GMT
#5
I'm not sure why people think there is a bigger payout for being clean. It's just different topic matter with no relation to some supposed ceiling of potential funniness.

Your Terran example is exactly spot on. But I don't agree with your conclusion. Harder in the beginning but once you reach the upper echelon it doesn't matter what race you play.
twitter: @terrancem
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
March 24 2010 19:33 GMT
#6
On March 25 2010 04:32 GogoKodo wrote:
I'm not sure why people think there is a bigger payout for being clean. It's just different topic matter with no relation to some supposed ceiling of potential funniness.

Your Terran example is exactly spot on. But I don't agree with your conclusion. Harder in the beginning but once you reach the upper echelon it doesn't matter what race you play.


...ya that makes more sense, i like what you said better. i'll leave my edit unedited just so you look cool in the future n__n
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
March 24 2010 19:36 GMT
#7
On March 25 2010 04:25 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 04:23 Meta wrote:
Funny + clean = Funny
Funny + dirty = Extra Funny


sigh, this is true....

durn family always watching me >_< i hate being a role model x.x

EDIT: YAAAA archaic knows whats up. clean comedy is like playing Terran. harder in the beginning but bigger payout ^_^

You know, after watching that video, I swear I can hear you in my head saying that with your voice. And I play Zerg... With my "sunken colonies" and my "ultralisk caverns"...
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
March 24 2010 19:43 GMT
#8
mOnion, the new star of TL.

I'm glad you joined, your posts are all in good energy and bringing quality to the community.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 24 2010 19:43 GMT
#9
This was in the news, did you hear about this? Turns out the stock market is dropping faster than a Terran wall-in to a Baneling break.

How'm I doin? How'm I doin?
Moderator
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
March 24 2010 19:45 GMT
#10
On March 25 2010 04:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
This was in the news, did you hear about this? Turns out the stock market is dropping faster than a Terran wall-in to a Baneling break.

How'm I doin? How'm I doin?


LOL i hope this does/doesnt start a trend in this thread classy sir, classy indeed.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
March 24 2010 19:53 GMT
#11
On March 25 2010 04:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
This was in the news, did you hear about this? Turns out the stock market is dropping faster than a Terran wall-in to a Baneling break.

How'm I doin? How'm I doin?

Hey Kev, did you hear about this in the news? Another big internet company pulls out of China. Apparently GoDaddy.com wants to make sure it can qualify for TSL.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 20:02:56
March 24 2010 19:54 GMT
#12
LMFAO you're good, i don't mean anything by this but i didn't expect this to be great. LOL oh man

is your name m. onion as in monsieur onion or is it pronounced like your last name? the capital O throws me off, but monsieur onion is a sweet name
Moderatorsloppy little slug
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
March 24 2010 20:03 GMT
#13
hahahahahahaha you are good :D
Moderator<:3-/-<
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
March 24 2010 20:04 GMT
#14
lol that was good
Moderator
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 20:09:53
March 24 2010 20:09 GMT
#15
Finally got a chance to watch it, it was pretty funny but you also appear pretty nervous which was throwing off your segues. You have a knack for playing off the audience as well, which is important for development. Do you rehearse the path of topics you're going to discuss and the order you're going to recite the jokes? I've always wondered how comics do that (my only real experience with this is the movie Comedian).

EDIT: And I realize you mention that this video is pretty old, so who knows, you're probably completely over being nervous by now.
Moderator
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
March 24 2010 20:10 GMT
#16
Yeah i was really pleasantly surprised how good yours was mOnion. You're timing is really good haha.
Phantom
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada2151 Posts
March 24 2010 20:12 GMT
#17
haha that was awesome, i loveed the facebook bit
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/members/Phantom
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
March 24 2010 20:23 GMT
#18
Loved it bro, post some more ^^
AltaiR_
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Korea (South)922 Posts
March 24 2010 20:40 GMT
#19
that was nice but, it seemed like there were points where you were trying to be forcingly funny with mainstream jokes like blondes and you dont have a girlfriend, be creative man.
Translator
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
March 24 2010 20:46 GMT
#20
You give facebook too much credit. Every time I log in I see an advertisement for Hammerfall.

wtf Facebook, fuck you
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech55
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 317
Hyuk 241
Leta 92
910 79
Mong 63
Shinee 60
soO 57
PianO 44
Mind 42
HiyA 41
[ Show more ]
Killer 38
Bale 27
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 26
ZerO 23
sorry 16
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe30
League of Legends
JimRising 437
Counter-Strike
ceh9533
shoxiejesuss444
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1849
Other Games
summit1g8953
olofmeister1270
Happy315
crisheroes237
singsing141
ArmadaUGS112
Livibee102
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick546
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream254
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH188
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1516
• Jankos1324
• Stunt520
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 23m
OSC
4h 23m
Stellar Fest
4h 23m
OSC
15h 23m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.