• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:16
CEST 14:16
KST 21:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8683 users

The Ret Fan Club - Page 86

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 99 Next
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4534 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-23 20:09:48
November 23 2012 19:31 GMT
#1701
Hey everyone.

I've had time to cool my emotions and talk to a lot of people about what happened between me and nightend, and I realize that what I did was very wrong. I disappointed the people watching the stream, my fans, nightends fans, Dreamhack, the casters, ESPORTS itself. My actions are detrimental to our lovely sport, and if other people would have the same kind of attitude, then nobody would even bother to watch SC2.

I have recently gone through a lot of stuff, changes in my life and even though it's no excuse I am not ashamed to admit that I have probably been through one of the most emotional weeks of my life. All I really wanted was to play good starcraft as a way to escape from everything that has been going on in my head. There was nothing I wanted more than to advance to the ro12, and after failing that mission after losing game 1, I literally broke down. I sat there in my chair almost crying, and sadness took over me completely. Because of that I didn't bring what I should have brought to the 2nd game of the BO3 series. I want to apologize. I really feel bad about what happened, and even though I can't change what happened I can promise you it will never happen again. In 10 years of playing SC1/SC2 tournaments I have never thrown a game or acted like I did against nightend. But it is what it is, it happened and I can't change it. I can only ask for forgiveness and move forward after this and I'll try my best to do a better job at competing. To my team, my peers, and the people watching, I'm sorry.

I also hate the fact that im taking attention away from all the great sc2 games, so please cheer for the remaining players.
Team Liquid
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
November 23 2012 19:38 GMT
#1702
s'all cool yo.

Everybody tilts sometimes, especially if they've got RL issues on their mind.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
November 23 2012 19:42 GMT
#1703
Can't ask for more than an apology
Keeping a cool head under so much pressure is probably a tough thing to do.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Xova
Profile Joined November 2010
United States342 Posts
November 23 2012 19:54 GMT
#1704
S'all good man!
If you're a Starcraft fan, you're an Lim Yo Hwan fan.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-23 20:01:43
November 23 2012 19:56 GMT
#1705
It's cool man, I think this is all blown out of proportion by our drama loving community anyways. I don't think anyone can expect you to give your everything after you failed to achieve what you wanted so badly. More people in our community should actually try to understand how stressful the live of a progamer actually is, especially in tournaments.
I think if anyone is to blame here it's the flawed tournament system that actually allows for these kind of situations to happen rather than the pro gamer who was just really disappointed by his performance and sad that he couldn't achieve his goals.
Skyline026
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands1129 Posts
November 23 2012 19:58 GMT
#1706
Starcraft pro's are just normal people with higher apm. It happens Jos. Like you said, nothing can change it now. Positive mind, healthy life. There is always next time.
Liquid'Ret - Mana - Liquid'Dota fighting!
Drlemur
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States153 Posts
November 23 2012 19:58 GMT
#1707
At least you didn't drone rush.

Better luck in the next tournament, Ret.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 23 2012 19:58 GMT
#1708
Just stay yourself because you are awesome Ret and nobody is perfect! Don't be to hard on yourself, Ret fighting!!!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
greg19735
Profile Joined November 2011
United States15 Posts
November 23 2012 19:59 GMT
#1709
On November 24 2012 04:38 bonifaceviii wrote:
s'all cool yo.

I have to disagree. I don't think it is all cool now that he has apologized. I'm sure Ret would agree that everything isn't all cool now either. He made a huge mistake and this apology and honesty is good to see but it doesn't make up for it.

I'm not saying that Ret can't be forgiven in even a short amount of time because thankfully it didn't seem to effect the results. If Naniwa was out and Nightend was going through then it certainly wouldn't be "all cool"

I do appreciate Ret's honesty though.
splasha
Profile Joined August 2011
Brazil86 Posts
November 23 2012 20:00 GMT
#1710
S'all good man!
lnstantly
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom23 Posts
November 23 2012 20:01 GMT
#1711
Don't worry about it man, everyone needs to let off some steam sometimes, look forward to watching you play again soon At least you somewhat tried rather than doing a worker rush *cough* cough* Naniwa *cough* *cough* (i'm just kidding btw, not hating on Nani)
Axiom + Liquid <3
Roybs
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Netherlands500 Posts
November 23 2012 20:04 GMT
#1712
I just want to see the good ol' Ret Jos. Just get better soon, I don't care if you don't participate in tournaments for 6 months or something, just get back on track and go on beasting like you always did.

RET FIGHTING
Kikiwoelmuis <3
Valon
Profile Joined June 2011
United States329 Posts
November 23 2012 20:07 GMT
#1713
It's cool Ret keep working hard and crush at the next one.
NerVeLoN
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom12 Posts
November 23 2012 20:10 GMT
#1714
We still love you Ret! Keep on keeping on, we'll be here for you!
Trazati
Profile Joined August 2011
52 Posts
November 23 2012 20:10 GMT
#1715
Not a big deal my man. Stay strong, hope to see you again.
JimmyHollow
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom249 Posts
November 23 2012 20:27 GMT
#1716
We love you Ret !
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
November 23 2012 20:28 GMT
#1717
I think you've proven to be a good sport and people will chalk it up as you having a bad day.

An apology is cool, but don't beat yourself up for this.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 23 2012 20:29 GMT
#1718
We're people, we fuck up. Hope things get better soon for you!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Pimmeh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands120 Posts
November 23 2012 20:31 GMT
#1719
Pft. I still think you should've been able to advance with the score you would've had. Nevertheless, I'll be there with a cheerful for you the next time you make it to the finals.
Aeceus
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1278 Posts
November 23 2012 20:35 GMT
#1720
On November 24 2012 04:38 bonifaceviii wrote:
s'all cool yo.

Everybody tilts sometimes, especially if they've got RL issues on their mind.


Its very much not cool... :/.
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37069
Shuttle 2566
Bisu 1011
Horang2 948
Jaedong 936
Light 412
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 287
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
Stork 273
Hyuk 264
Soma 229
EffOrt 207
Zeus 191
ggaemo 175
Soulkey 160
Last 142
Leta 121
ZerO 119
Snow 110
Rush 78
Pusan 76
Killer 66
Mong 43
hero 40
Mind 38
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
Shine 29
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 21
soO 20
Terrorterran 18
PianO 18
Trap 18
Yoon 16
zelot 13
Free 13
sorry 12
HiyA 10
Noble 9
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3477
qojqva1482
Dendi937
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1342
x6flipin278
markeloff75
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2170
crisheroes872
Other Games
gofns28039
singsing2108
B2W.Neo635
XBOCT355
DeMusliM227
Livibee174
XaKoH 156
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS95
QueenE88
Mlord43
Chillindude10
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream276
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2283
• TFBlade464
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
44m
Stellar Fest
44m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 44m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.