• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7072 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 155

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 213 Next
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 27 2013 16:50 GMT
#3081
vivax mind explaining why you checked bugs out of all people?

If I remember correctly at that point in time something like FT / Toad / Yamato / chez was supposed to be team mafia according to you, wasn't it ?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 27 2013 16:51 GMT
#3082
I'm just going to say it now. Vivax was the scum read I mentioned yesterday. It requires a few things to fall into place to be possible, but if it's possible then I find it probable. I really don't see Vivax as a town player anymore. I think you'll see why I wanted (needed, really) scum flips before posting it, but I really don't feel like waiting anymore.

What makes me believe it's possible is that scum weren't given specific roles. They were able to hand them out to whoever, as long as it was before the end of D1. Who is someone that many people were absolutely convinced was town D1, but is now showing significant anti-town signs? Vivax.

I have yet to complete his filter (it is so very, very long) but there are a few things that I believe could indicate a scum Vivax.
  • Too much concern with who thinks he is town (this was centered around D1, when scum were choosing who would fill what role)
  • The existence of two DTs (This is one of the most important aspects, and the reason I wanted to wait for flips to discover if the godfather was someone else. Disregard for now, but remember it for later)
  • His insistence that the top townies in the game are scum. If he is scum, he is going to have to take down all the rest. Particularly FT, and he must do so quickly.
  • Emphasizing his towniness, even when what he's doing is anti-town, and the scumminess of others even when what they're doing is null at best
  • His reasonably useless N2 check, as well as the ridiculous hoops we had to jump through to get him to disclose it. What did we gain from what he said? What did our yamato reads, as well as our inferences about Vivax's undisclosed night check tell him? Why is moscta scum based on speculation regarding someone that Vivax hasn't investigated?
  • His checks so far included one scum, which made many believe he was DT, and then a dead townie. If he is scum, he hasn't had to show any evidence of having DT powers.
  • Vivax appears to have more scum reads than there are scum left in the game. This isn't just a pool of possible scum, he seems genuinely convinced. Who needs reasons to find the rest of the players in the game scummy?


I'm sure there's more. You can see why I wanted to wait for a scum flip (hopefully two, tonight) to reveal what I was thinking. It still feels like my acme case in that there's a significant bit of speculation involved, but much of that speculation goes away when scum flips. This one feels more legitimate. I don't believe I've overstepped the bounds of reason or am satisfying a confirmation bias. As I said earlier, if it is possible, I believe it is probable.

Since Vivax isn't likely to be lynched based on what I have now, I'm keeping my votes on BKE and Chezinu. Sorry annul, but I'm only voting for people I think are scum, and right now that list only contains BKE, Chezinu, and Vivax. It also just so happens that when the first two flip they might confirm/deny the third. I might find another possible alternative as I go through more filters, but this is where I stand at the moment. I'll look into mocsta, just because I felt that his mason discussion with you as well as the posts to yourself and Adam were antagonistic, but I felt townie about him for most of the game, and I think my filterdive will reaffirm that.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 27 2013 16:53 GMT
#3083
I mean it's kind of weird that I told people to protect Bugs, our DT.

You had reads that completly disagreed with everything someone said.
You're supposed to have had a red check on gonzaw.
You tell people not to protect Bugs, our unclaimed DT and mafia ends up killing him.
And on top of that you also check him.

That sounds kind of convenient, doesn't it? I mean what are the chances for that happening?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 27 2013 16:58 GMT
#3084
On January 27 2013 23:14 Vivax wrote:
Nono wait:

I said before I got a red check back.

Now Mocsta comes in and says that he assumes I got a green check back from checking yamato.

How the fuck does that makes sense?
Mocsta is scum.

You didn't say you got a red check. You said we were lynching your target today. There is a significant difference.

Both of those posts are lies.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
January 27 2013 17:01 GMT
#3085
Wow really? They are lies? Oh shit, dude. You got me.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 27 2013 17:02 GMT
#3086
Vivax, why don't you answer Toad's question?
Artanis & marv
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
January 27 2013 17:04 GMT
#3087
Reciprocity
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 27 2013 17:05 GMT
#3088
If you're town, now is the time to start showing it.

You never explained what made you check gonzaw, and now you're not explaining why you checked bugs, someone you never suggested was mafia, someone who pointed me towards prplhz, and someone who tried to get me off my Oats tunnel and on to gonzaw instead.

Please explain to town why you chose to check bugs last night.
Artanis & marv
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 27 2013 17:06 GMT
#3089
Oh, and since I've posted at least one scumread, I'm allowing myself to defend... myself.

I think those voting for me are looking at this the wrong way. Did you think my grand scum plan was to passively lynch all of my scummates without gaining any towncred for it? You're right in that I was "blendy". Town has lynched only scum so far. I am town.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 27 2013 17:07 GMT
#3090
On January 28 2013 02:01 Vivax wrote:
Wow really? They are lies? Oh shit, dude. You got me.

So you admit to voting moscta based on a lie? That's almost all the proof I need.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
January 27 2013 17:13 GMT
#3091
On January 28 2013 02:07 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 02:01 Vivax wrote:
Wow really? They are lies? Oh shit, dude. You got me.

So you admit to voting moscta based on a lie? That's almost all the proof I need.


Yea. I lied so that town to attract to attention to me initially.

Then I used that lie to build a fake case on Mocsta so that people would suspect him to be town and me to be dumb, when it was clear that it worked, I made the great revelation so that people would know I lied.

I obviously said I checked the dead guy so everyone would believe it and not ask me questions afterwards.

Shit, fuba, I never ever thought you would uncover such a nasty and well thought out scum powerplay. I am amazed by your deduction skills. Magnifique, truly magnifique.
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 27 2013 17:23 GMT
#3092
Vivax, please answer this, thank you.

On January 28 2013 02:05 FiveTouch wrote:
If you're town, now is the time to start showing it.

You never explained what made you check gonzaw, and now you're not explaining why you checked bugs, someone you never suggested was mafia, someone who pointed me towards prplhz, and someone who tried to get me off my Oats tunnel and on to gonzaw instead.

Please explain to town why you chose to check bugs last night.

Artanis & marv
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
January 27 2013 17:27 GMT
#3093
I gave my keyboard a headbutt and the first two letters said "bu"
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 27 2013 17:31 GMT
#3094
I don't understand this attitude if you are town, so for now I am going to assume you are mafia.
Artanis & marv
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
January 27 2013 17:40 GMT
#3095
On January 28 2013 02:31 FiveTouch wrote:
I don't understand this attitude if you are town, so for now I am going to assume you are mafia.


Well then games likely over!!! Yay!!!
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 27 2013 17:45 GMT
#3096
After nearly 24 hours of not even looking at the tread, I come back and find Vivax doing the same shit he's been doing all game, with even less justification than he's had before.

I am all for policy lynching him tomorrow. This is not how you play this game.
Writer@WriterYamato
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 27 2013 18:04 GMT
#3097
yeah we lynch vivax tomorrow if at least one of BKE / chez flips red. He could be doing a power play for mafia after all...

No explanation on gonzaw check when everyone thought he is town d1+n1 and everyone realized gonzaw is looking bad once the nighthits came him. No explanation was needed and Vivax didn't understand the situation. Vivax apparently thought gonzaw is mafia although he never explained a thing about gonzaw.
No explanation on his bugs check and why he picked him although bugs was literally mod confirmed at that time and on top of that our DT. He might have picked just picked it up when I kept answering instead of just ignoring him and Annul (remember how those two kept telling me to out Bugs as DT + the other guy?). My bad for talking about that instead of just ignoring people but there's no reason to ask me to out a blue whatsoever.
He keeps on stalling people like he did with his check d2 and he did it this cycle again instead of just giving us something so we know where we're at.

It could have very well been a bus on gonzaw and the check on bugs is still incredibly convenient, isn't it? There was 1 guy who died, a single guy out of 1951961169 people who doesn't provide ANY kind of information and Vivax conventiently choose him.
I'd rather take a look at wether he's mafia before lynching into slight townreads that just aren't confirmed yet like Yamato / whoever else.

On top of that he is supposed to be a DT while we already saw Bugs flip DT and I know more blue roles. It does look strange.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 27 2013 18:18 GMT
#3098
I knew there was a reason I liked you, Toad.
Writer@WriterYamato
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
January 27 2013 18:44 GMT
#3099
Should we double lynch to get rid of another scummy person to get more out of the day out is the second double lynch better saved for late game if we get that far?
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 27 2013 18:47 GMT
#3100
If we double hit mafia today a double lynch is unneeded.

We can vote for another tomorrow if we need to.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 213 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
ProTech121
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2147
Shuttle 1102
Snow 89
Dewaltoss 60
Noble 49
Bale 42
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor557
Other Games
summit1g8666
JimRising 630
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft282
Mew2King209
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 20
• practicex 18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Lourlo1064
• Rush656
• Stunt253
Other Games
• Scarra713
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 40m
OSC
17h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.