• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:59
CEST 14:59
KST 21:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9175 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 132

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 180 Next
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
March 01 2012 17:39 GMT
#2621
On March 02 2012 02:24 GreYMisT wrote:
I have an idea. If you get banned, instead of having to sit out your ban, you are instead required to stream yourself playing "I want to be the Guy The movie: The game" for a set number of hours depending on your ban.

thoughts?

The point is reform, not causing suicide.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
March 01 2012 17:49 GMT
#2622
On March 02 2012 02:39 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 02:24 GreYMisT wrote:
I have an idea. If you get banned, instead of having to sit out your ban, you are instead required to stream yourself playing "I want to be the Guy The movie: The game" for a set number of hours depending on your ban.

thoughts?

The point is reform, not causing suicide.


Its the fear that leads to reform
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
March 06 2012 15:28 GMT
#2623
I´m requesting a standard 1-game ban for Chaos13 for inactivity in Resistance 2.

He disappeared halfway through the game, missed several votes and only posted to say that he didn´t vote. The setup doesn´t use modkills, so we were forced to get a replacement, introducing a new player very late in the game.
:3
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 06 2012 20:17 GMT
#2624
Hi requesting to sit out Jubjub mafia for second game.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2012 00:31 GMT
#2625
On March 07 2012 00:28 Forumite wrote:
I´m requesting a standard 1-game ban for Chaos13 for inactivity in Resistance 2.

He disappeared halfway through the game, missed several votes and only posted to say that he didn´t vote. The setup doesn´t use modkills, so we were forced to get a replacement, introducing a new player very late in the game.


I concur. He seemed eager enough to play, it sucks, but rules is rules. If he thought he wasn't going to have the time to play, he could/should have requested a replacement earlier in the game as activity was a problem all game long until his replacement.

+1 for one game ban.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
March 07 2012 19:32 GMT
#2626
Has there been any official decision about policy of letting accumulated ban # expire after 10 games of proper behaviour? I know Foolishness have decided to let the warning expire in 3 games, but usually the punishment for going afk is straight-up ban instead of the warning.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
March 07 2012 21:44 GMT
#2627
I agree with Forumites request. I know he had some real life issues midway through the game but he could at least have contacted Forumite/Adam but as far as I know he did not.
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 08 2012 03:35 GMT
#2628
On March 07 2012 09:31 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 00:28 Forumite wrote:
I´m requesting a standard 1-game ban for Chaos13 for inactivity in Resistance 2.

He disappeared halfway through the game, missed several votes and only posted to say that he didn´t vote. The setup doesn´t use modkills, so we were forced to get a replacement, introducing a new player very late in the game.


I concur. He seemed eager enough to play, it sucks, but rules is rules. If he thought he wasn't going to have the time to play, he could/should have requested a replacement earlier in the game as activity was a problem all game long until his replacement.

+1 for one game ban.


I agree as well with Forumite's request for a standard 1-game ban for Chaos13. He had some IRL stuff come up in the middle of the game that wasn't anticipated. If his IRL issues were getting out of hand, he should have requested replacement instead of going inactive and missing several votes ;_;
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-10 04:36:57
March 08 2012 04:11 GMT
#2629
After much discussion with Qatol, I would like to request a one-game ban for FourFace for his behavior in Newbie Mini Mafia IV. He began playing pretty normally at the beginning, but on the second half of Day 1 he edited two posts in a row, posted a rickroll (which I believe would get you a brief TL ban on its own), and spammed trollish one-liners for a little while before he was replaced out.

Thank you.

Edit: Oh! I forgot, I would also like to request an inactivity ban for igabod, who failed to vote on Day 1. It looks like it will be his second inactivity ban, so I believe this means he should get a three-game ban.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 08 2012 04:37 GMT
#2630
On March 08 2012 04:32 Hesmyrr wrote:
Has there been any official decision about policy of letting accumulated ban # expire after 10 games of proper behaviour? I know Foolishness have decided to let the warning expire in 3 games, but usually the punishment for going afk is straight-up ban instead of the warning.

I'll bring it up at the next board meeting
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:03:23
March 08 2012 12:03 GMT
#2631
Bug fw to update the OP with the inactivity bans.

Waiting for FourFace to post if he so desires before giving a verdict (he has about 24 hours)
Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 08 2012 12:38 GMT
#2632
On March 08 2012 21:03 GMarshal wrote:
Bug fw to update the OP with the inactivity bans.

Waiting for FourFace to post if he so desires before giving a verdict (he has about 24 hours)

Oops don't spam me I have been AFK from Mafia section.

Speaking of which if you're near or around Princeton come play Mafia tonight.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
March 08 2012 14:07 GMT
#2633
sitting out jubjub mafia
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
March 08 2012 14:33 GMT
#2634
On March 08 2012 13:11 dreamflower wrote:
After much discussion with Qatol, I would like to request a one-game ban for FourFace for his behavior in Newbie Mini Mafia IV. He began playing pretty normally at the beginning, but on the second half of Day 1 he edited two posts in a row, posted a rickroll (which I believe would get you a brief TL ban on its own), and spammed trollish one-liners for a little while before he was replaced out.

To be fair, FourFace was polite and respectful to me outside of the game and acted quite graciously about being replaced out. But I still think that any behavior that warrants a modkill in a game also warrants a short behavioral ban. I do hope that FourFace will sit out his ban and continue to play TL Mafia constructively, as he certainly seemed enthusiastic and interested in the game.



Sitting out a game seems to be an appropriate punishment. I have nothing to contest and nothing to add just eager to start playing again. I also wish to apologize, for any inconvenience that resulted from my actions, to both the hosts and the players. Crossing the line like that is wack. I planned on playing seriously starting night 1, though.. which is a lame attempt of an excuse, I know.

So, do I announce a game I want to sit out that I would normally apply to play .. like for example SNMM VIII?
I don't know, lynch me!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 16:23:47
March 08 2012 16:18 GMT
#2635
KK, behavior bans are time based, usually its three weeks, based on mitigating circumstances (relative newness, respectful handling of the situation, etc), I think two weeks would be fair in this case (which is the length of most mini-games anyway), Newbie Mini Mafia IV ended on March 08 2012 12:08, so the ban would expire on March 22 2012 12:08.

Any complaints?

(this is also the start of our two month trial of using time bans instead of game bans for behavioral issues, we'll argue about it some more after we see how it works out)
Moderator
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
March 08 2012 16:33 GMT
#2636
It's fair.. guess I'll have reread Infinite Jest 3 times by then just to keep in shape.
I don't know, lynch me!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 08 2012 16:57 GMT
#2637
While I think a ban was appropriate for FourFace (rickrolling isn't appropriate anywhere on TL, and TL mafia should be no exception), I completely agree with reducing his sentence a little bit based on mitigating circumstances. He was absolutely no problem at all after he was modkilled and I like how he has posted here.
Uff Da
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 17:13:28
March 08 2012 17:13 GMT
#2638
Can we maybe ban two faces and leave the other two unbanned?

+ Show Spoiler +
hehehehhehehhe i r funneh
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 08 2012 17:38 GMT
#2639
On March 09 2012 02:13 Palmar wrote:
Can we maybe ban two faces and leave the other two unbanned?

+ Show Spoiler +
hehehehhehehhe i r funneh


huehuehue
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
March 08 2012 20:53 GMT
#2640
On March 09 2012 02:38 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 02:13 Palmar wrote:
Can we maybe ban two faces and leave the other two unbanned?

+ Show Spoiler +
hehehehhehehhe i r funneh


huehuehue

quackquackquackquack
:3
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1011
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings247
CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46601
Shuttle 11804
FanTaSy 1535
Hyuk 929
BeSt 474
Horang2 459
EffOrt 232
Stork 222
Last 170
Zeus 149
[ Show more ]
Soma 121
Pusan 119
Mind 94
hero 76
Killer 73
ggaemo 68
Hyun 68
sorry 56
Snow 53
Hm[arnc] 47
PianO 40
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 28
Aegong 27
zelot 19
JYJ 17
NaDa 15
Sexy 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 8
Icarus 1
Dota 2
qojqva1281
Dendi1136
XcaliburYe322
Gorgc0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2887
x6flipin748
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu546
Khaldor113
Other Games
gofns37234
B2W.Neo1146
byalli822
Beastyqt283
Hui .163
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King58
Mlord17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1896
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 1m
Replay Cast
10h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.