• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9545 users

[Stream] RuFF(TR)

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 09:25:39
May 16 2011 05:36 GMT
#1
Player: RuFF
Race: Terran
Game: StarCraft II
Team: vVv Gaming
Rank: Grand Master (US)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VVVRuFF/307989929230299#!/pages/VVVRuFF/307989929230299?sk=wall&filter=1
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/WMRuFFKiD?feature=mhee

[Stream] http://twitch.tv/ruff13

Brood War History:
I was a long term Brood War player. I've been playing Vinilla StarCraft ever since it came out. Once introduced to some of the Korean Pro-Players by a friend, I found a heavier interest in playing melee over user map setting games in broodwar. I created some very unique builds that eventually become personalized reaching B- on iccup before moving onto StarCraft 2.

BroodWar RuFF Unique Builds:
1. 2 Base Ghost Rush against zerg with nukes/flares.
2. 1 Base Ultralisk Rush against SK Terran Players with +4 Armor Upgrade into Queen Broodling/Crack Ling.

StarCraft 2 History:
With the knowledge of micro'ing from broodwar, I applyed this into StarCraft 2. I was a very cheesy player always proxy raxing players and made it to the top of diamond league doing so. Once the nerf happened, I tried to find another alternative to winning games with micro. At that point I created the Hellion/Viking/Banshee build against all players involving a really fast second factory before Starport. At this point I ran into EGIdra on the ladder. At first I thought he was a smurf and realized that it was the real EGIdra. At that point I took my game to the next level and started entering into small onlin tournaments for 20-50 dollars first prize. After 2 tournaments I made my first victory as a champion in the Weekly StarCraft Cup. Since then I have won many online tournaments for a small cash prize back in 2010. 2011 I stopped playing StarCraft due to infestor abuse. Once I returned summer of 2011, I was picked up by vVv Gaming due to my unique style in taking a lot of known names down on the ladder consistantly. Ever since I've been improving my game style since.

StarCraft 2 RuFF Uniqe Builds:
1. 4 Rax Marine into Reapers and Double Expanding.
2. 3 Rax Into Banshees.
3. Double Planetary Rush on Metalopolis Against Zerg
4. 2 Factory Blue Flame into StarPort. (Doesn't Work Anymore Due to Nerf)
5. +1 Attack, Stim, Combat, 2 Medivac Marine at 8 minute Mark
6. Hellion Outside Main Proxy into StarPort Proxy Reactor
7. 3 Rax into Nuke Rush
8. Mass Rush Viking Against Zerg
9. Standard Gold Expand TvT

Coaching:
20$/hr online
20$/hr live at the Fayetteville Elite Zone
Contact: ri-vik@hotmail.com
Battle.net: vVvRuFF.266

[image loading]

Interested in Replays? Check these out!
https://rapidshare.com/files/333223283/Replays.zip

Want more Replays? Check out http://www.topreplays.com and search RuFF !
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
Xog2
Profile Joined April 2010
United States97 Posts
May 16 2011 05:39 GMT
#2
lol
vvv-gaming.com
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
May 16 2011 05:40 GMT
#3
I miss your games against Minigun on the ladder. Why don't you two meet these days?
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
Devildeer
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico68 Posts
May 16 2011 05:55 GMT
#4
Excuse me, are you the same RuFF from AoEII:TC?

Sorry if this is off-topic.
Zerg Medic!
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
May 16 2011 06:08 GMT
#5
Nah, RuFF(TR) from Broodwar.

I've played Minigun a few times since I've been back.

I was told by a sponsor to upload some replays because they say I play weird and it works. So enjoy. :p
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-16 19:49:03
May 16 2011 06:09 GMT
#6
Moderatorgold coin
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
May 17 2011 21:35 GMT
#7
Main post was edited so enjoy!
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
July 13 2011 14:17 GMT
#8
RuFF, I've heard the term "gold standard" applied to you but I didn't know what it meant. Can you please explain?
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
July 13 2011 14:21 GMT
#9
Good luck have fun with streaming and a question: Does your comment mean Deezer too?
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 12:44:29
November 05 2011 12:42 GMT
#10
On July 13 2011 23:17 DivinO wrote:
RuFF, I've heard the term "gold standard" applied to you but I didn't know what it meant. Can you please explain?


Updated the Page!

To answer your question, when I play Terran vrs. Terran. I normally take the Gold Base immidiately with a standard 3 reaper opening. So anytime I expand, 90% of the time its on the gold base. Even if the enemy spots it, I can normally hold unless they do some crazy marauder all in.

(If an admin sees this, can someone edit the Stream Page and put vVvRuFF there instead of RuFF(TR)? I changed my name on TL a while ago, thx!!!) :D
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
November 07 2011 05:01 GMT
#11
On November 05 2011 21:42 vVvRuFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 23:17 DivinO wrote:
RuFF, I've heard the term "gold standard" applied to you but I didn't know what it meant. Can you please explain?


Updated the Page!

To answer your question, when I play Terran vrs. Terran. I normally take the Gold Base immidiately with a standard 3 reaper opening. So anytime I expand, 90% of the time its on the gold base. Even if the enemy spots it, I can normally hold unless they do some crazy marauder all in.

(If an admin sees this, can someone edit the Stream Page and put vVvRuFF there instead of RuFF(TR)? I changed my name on TL a while ago, thx!!!) :D


Thanks for answering. :3 That's pretty cool.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Ngokromo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States15 Posts
November 11 2011 05:45 GMT
#12
ruff, in my opinion you should be in the featured streams, i have learned so much watching you stream. thanks, and keep up the good work.
azndude3194
Profile Joined May 2009
United States156 Posts
November 11 2011 06:01 GMT
#13
YEEE Ruff FIGHTING!
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
November 11 2011 06:12 GMT
#14
Gotta love RuFF's unique builds.. Some are cheesy some are saucey.. but pure creative.

Love it man, Keep it up.
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
November 11 2011 20:00 GMT
#15
Thanks everyone! ^^
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
November 22 2011 23:27 GMT
#16
Facebook is up, I will also be creating a youtube soon for anyone who is interested.
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
November 24 2011 09:27 GMT
#17
Created a Youtube account and it is linked in the main post. Check out my twitter or facebook for updates on when more videos are coming out! I plan to do 1 each day from broodwar until I get done with all the replays and then proceed to StarCraft 2. If your interested in StarCraft 2 stuff, try to find me between 8:00 EST - 12:00 EST streaming on twitch.tv!
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
TheSurgeonTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States131 Posts
December 03 2011 20:26 GMT
#18
Sign me up! Want me to cast some of your games, hit me up on sc2!
Bringing Starcraft Main Stream
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
December 03 2011 20:29 GMT
#19
Ya that would be awesome dude! Love your casting.
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
Kng
Profile Joined November 2011
2 Posts
December 04 2011 00:40 GMT
#20
Ruff stream.... Play style is so unique and fun I love it!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
Nina 128
ViBE72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14984
ZZZero.O 182
firebathero 105
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm150
febbydoto70
League of Legends
Doublelift4000
Counter-Strike
Fnx 954
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g8255
FrodaN2323
JimRising 455
mouzStarbuck440
KnowMe265
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 34
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie787
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 10m
INu's Battles
13h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 10m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.