• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:02
CEST 20:02
KST 03:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7950 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
August 25 2011 20:04 GMT
#261
Are you going to train for this? And if yes stream it please!
Coal
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden1535 Posts
August 25 2011 20:29 GMT
#262
On August 26 2011 03:23 Facedriller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.


15-20 repetitions of [image loading] sure that's possible
15-20(consecutive) pull-ups [image loading] no way that you will be able to do 15-20 in a row, even less likely that you will be able to do 15-20 reps times four...
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 20:31:31
August 25 2011 20:30 GMT
#263
he is doing close grip underhand chin ups in the competition as stated in his video.

EDIT: some people may call them pull ups doesn't matter.
its the first picture ^ in that post.
watch the video.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
August 25 2011 20:47 GMT
#264
Tyler HWAIIITING!!!!
A time to live.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
August 25 2011 21:04 GMT
#265
This sounds like the worst idea ever to do and the best thing ever to watch.
Strike_
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands704 Posts
August 25 2011 22:15 GMT
#266
Is the vomiting going to be streamed too?
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 25 2011 22:52 GMT
#267
Yes close grip chin ups
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Sectral
Profile Joined December 2010
Ireland66 Posts
August 25 2011 22:57 GMT
#268
Should you not be doing 1 set of chin ups then 1 mile of running as a combo.. giving time for each of the 2 main muscle groups a small time of rest? or would that be considered cheating.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 26 2011 01:22 GMT
#269
On August 26 2011 07:57 Sectral wrote:
Should you not be doing 1 set of chin ups then 1 mile of running as a combo.. giving time for each of the 2 main muscle groups a small time of rest? or would that be considered cheating.

There is no cheating. He has the whole 26.2h to do w/e he wants and he has to complete all the tasks before the end.
I don't think it is a good idea to break up his running into every mile though because it would really stop you from getting into that rhythm.
The pull ups are defiantly going to be hard.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
p0lyph0ny
Profile Joined July 2011
United States217 Posts
August 26 2011 01:30 GMT
#270
sounds ez
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 01:52:13
August 26 2011 01:47 GMT
#271
On August 26 2011 03:23 Facedriller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.


Please do a video where you are doing 262 pull ups (clean) in 60 minutes, because I doubt you can. Its just pure bullshit and every pro coach and athlete will tell you with a clean execution its not possible. I doubt its possible if you rush it, but gl.

Ofcourse you can (if you are trained) do ~20 in below a minute, but its >13 times 20.. and it won't get easier.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Kiarip
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1835 Posts
August 26 2011 02:28 GMT
#272
On August 26 2011 05:29 Coal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 03:23 Facedriller wrote:
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.


15-20 repetitions of [image loading] sure that's possible
15-20(consecutive) pull-ups [image loading] no way that you will be able to do 15-20 in a row, even less likely that you will be able to do 15-20 reps times four...


As an athlete I'm largely a lower-body focused, and I'm pretty sure I can do 15 sets of 20 reps in 1 day.

I think Tyler should do mid-grip pull ups, those are the best.

Chin-ups have a very short explosive range of motion.
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
August 26 2011 02:35 GMT
#273
No backing out now Tyler

This is really awesome by the way, sick stuff.
insomdapowahouz
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada58 Posts
August 26 2011 02:45 GMT
#274
haha I hope vods go up
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
August 26 2011 05:24 GMT
#275
Sounds cool, except for the alcohol part. Seems you were wiser in college. =) Don't hurt yourself.
Seide
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 05:35:15
August 26 2011 05:28 GMT
#276
I would enjoy this like I enjoy things where people make idiots of themselves. This is one of the dumbest things i have yet to see from TL : /
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
August 26 2011 05:33 GMT
#277
Why not just do it for charity as well bro? You could raise some good money for a great cause. There would be no obligation to donate but it's always nice idea to have a social conscience
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
DH_Remorse
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark139 Posts
August 26 2011 05:58 GMT
#278
On August 23 2011 22:22 Chargelot wrote:
In short: No, I will not be ready.

I will, however, walk 2.62 miles, very slowly, drink 2.62 liters of soda (19 years old :D), eat 2.62 donuts, do 2.62 pull-ups (then fall over and die), and win 2.62 ladder games (it will only take me 50 games to accomplish this) in 2.62 weeks.

Why?
Because fuck yeah, that's why.


hahahahah xD
So what ,i just walk up to security and go: "Whats up bitches i'm huk!" or what... - HuK
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
August 26 2011 07:24 GMT
#279
On August 26 2011 05:29 Coal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 03:23 Facedriller wrote:
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.


15-20 repetitions of [image loading] sure that's possible
15-20(consecutive) pull-ups [image loading] no way that you will be able to do 15-20 in a row, even less likely that you will be able to do 15-20 reps times four...

That's true. The world record for pull-ups (the lower image) is actually fairly low. I don't remember, it was between 100 and 200 I think. Now, that is of course consecutive reps without rests so it is a bit different, but it still gives you an idea.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
August 26 2011 17:02 GMT
#280
On August 25 2011 00:14 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!


:D I'm glad you've planned out well, but my concerns were directed more at other people who might try to copy you and participate in the event (since it is worded as a challenge) who might not know what they are getting into.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 444
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1138
actioN 461
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 91
Zeus 65
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 25
Sexy 25
ToSsGirL 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
JYJ 19
Shine 18
NaDa 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7921
qojqva2095
Dendi733
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1200
Fnx 727
x6flipin456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu743
Other Games
Beastyqt745
B2W.Neo592
ceh9495
byalli368
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0148
Khaldor128
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3921
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• WagamamaTV391
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 58m
Stellar Fest
18h 58m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.