• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
soulcrusher
Profile Joined August 2010
United States143 Posts
August 24 2011 15:33 GMT
#221
Insanity
CEVO SC2 Official
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 15:51:19
August 24 2011 15:35 GMT
#222
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.

thats going to work for sure!
i hope your arms can take the heat tho!
you can do 10miles in 1:15 thats really good.
+ Show Spoiler +

Now ryder...

I talked about every aspect of the challenge in that post?
I retract my sissies statement although I think you should understand that it was to the people that thought drinking that much was impossible.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I mentioned I had drank that much becuase I thought it was plain my main point was it is possible.
You said you don't think anyone thinks its impossible but people are saying stuff like:
"I don't think this is possible"

You extrapolated my words to imply i suggested drinking all 26 drinks before running.
I didn't say anyone who couldn't drink 26 drinks was a sissy.

I wonder when you said "did you not notice the other parts of the challenge" did you realize I was the OP?

Yeah you would have to elaborate on why anything I did classifies me as short sighted. Use less "lol"s and "herp derp"s in your answer becuase it does a poor job of discrediting me
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 24 2011 15:36 GMT
#223
Tyler, you may or may not know this by now, but do not cure your terrible hangover and your body pains the next day with medication, specifically Advil or Tylenol. Your liver will seriously not like you.

♥
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 15:37:20
August 24 2011 15:37 GMT
#224
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.



Writing it out like this makes it seem very doable. Well at least if you can keep the running pace and the doughnuts flowing. I am sure you can win 26.2 games no problem in 20 hours.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 24 2011 15:39 GMT
#225
On August 25 2011 00:37 SigmaoctanusIV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.



Writing it out like this makes it seem very doable. Well at least if you can keep the running pace and the doughnuts flowing. I am sure you can win 26.2 games no problem in 20 hours.


I'm sure if you made a graph of one's ability to win a Starcraft game vs. how drunk/tired/full of donuts one is, it would become exponentially more difficult to win as the second group of variables increases.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
August 24 2011 15:45 GMT
#226
On August 25 2011 00:39 Chargelot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 00:37 SigmaoctanusIV wrote:
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.



Writing it out like this makes it seem very doable. Well at least if you can keep the running pace and the doughnuts flowing. I am sure you can win 26.2 games no problem in 20 hours.


I'm sure if you made a graph of one's ability to win a Starcraft game vs. how drunk/tired/full of donuts one is, it would become exponentially more difficult to win as the second group of variables increases.



Yeah I am sure it is, plus his arms and back are going to be nearly dead weight toward the end. Though he is leaving almost 20+ hours just for Starcraft. If he can win 3 games an hour I think he will be doing pretty good. He can just cheese out the last game if his arms die :D
I am Godzilla You are Japan
jambam
Profile Joined June 2010
United States324 Posts
August 24 2011 15:56 GMT
#227
On August 25 2011 00:36 Chargelot wrote:
Tyler, you may or may not know this by now, but do not cure your terrible hangover and your body pains the next day with medication, specifically Advil or Tylenol. Your liver will seriously not like you.

♥


This is so true. Stay safe Tyler!
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
August 24 2011 16:09 GMT
#228
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.


Question Tyler, will you be playing your normal safe macro style, or are you going to go for some all-ins to decrease the amount of time per game? Is playing on a lower-ranked smurf account allowed?
We found Dove in a soapless place.
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
August 24 2011 16:12 GMT
#229
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.

Good idea, putting the doughnuts during and after the run, since all those calories will help keep your energy levels up. The pullups will be the hardest thing I think, since 260 pullups in one day is real insane. Mad respect nony, and it's real cool that you're approaching this safely and responsibly with the aid of your wife.

Our university track team did a challenge similar to this one, but not nearly as awesome. We had to run 10x400m at race pace, but in between each 400 you had to chug a beer as fast as possible. Our track coach (who was one crazy dude), kept records of the students who had done it the fastest, unbeknownst to the rest of the athletic faculty.

I think I threw up after the fifth or sixth lap/beer.... I've never been able to drink very much. ^_^
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
August 24 2011 16:14 GMT
#230
This somehow reminds me of the Ashton challenge, except there's not 300k on the line.

I think the plan seems pretty good though, Tyler is really fit so he should be able to get through the physical stuff pretty easily. I want to see Idra do this.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Lucktar
Profile Joined July 2008
United States526 Posts
August 24 2011 16:25 GMT
#231
It takes a lot of courage to be able to deal with depression, a lot more to have that struggle be public knowledge. Keep up the fight, and know that you're an inspiration to myself, and I'm sure a lot of others out there with similar struggles.
NaDa, much, ZerO fighting!
Hydra3
Profile Joined September 2010
United States32 Posts
August 24 2011 16:34 GMT
#232
This is perhaps the most baller thing i've ever heard of, for even attempting it Tyler deserves so much respect!
Can't come up with a creative quote O.O
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
August 24 2011 16:38 GMT
#233
I want to do this as much as I dont want to do this!

Go Tyler, youll go down in unwritten history
Victoria Concordia Crescit
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
August 24 2011 17:53 GMT
#234
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.


that's quite the beastly pace man, good luck with your training!
Also I'm sure it's obvious, but I'd git the chin-ups hard the next few months. If you can do 20 in good shape, you'll be able to knock out 10 drunk and tired EZPZ.
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
August 24 2011 18:35 GMT
#235
Running 26,2 miles and also do 262 pull ups would fucking kill me. Creds if you pull this off.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
August 24 2011 21:26 GMT
#236
On August 24 2011 21:47 ComaDose wrote:
EDIT: buncha sissies in here seriously. sorry

Its not that hard for a regular drinker to drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours.
Hes not going to fucking die. Spend a year in residence and you will find at least 1 person in your building who does this every weekend. I've cleanly polished off 26ers (750ml) of 40% captain Morgans gold rum in much less time on really good Saturdays. - admittedly with serious symptoms. Which is far beyond the expectations of that section of the challenge.

Eating doughnuts is not fatal for a healthy individual. At the worst he will vomit and no this does not count as a disqualification. - In fact nothing counts as a disqualification.

Its nice to read peoples ideas on a good strategy. Its not nice to read someone say something like: "I hope he has a strategy. If he blends the doughnuts and mixes it with all 26 drinks and funnels the whole thing at once while he is running then he is going to DIE!" well no shit its a bad idea but he's not going to die. You think a pro starcraft player isn't going to have a strategy?

Don't say its impossible. IMO the hardest parts are the pull ups and the doughnuts. He can do the marathon in 3 - 4 segments and not really get tired but the pull ups take a real toll on your muscles. Something that you wont get back from resting. He will have to be in pretty good shape. The doughnuts well.. its just hard to eat when your full but honestly a doughnut an hour isn't that much food. You will just feel stuffed by the end which is uncomfortable. This is so doable. All you need is will power strong biceps, good cardio, and reckless abandon.

For reference, I am "that guy," the one that can finish 750mL of liquor in a night without any trouble, remain relatively coherent, and wake up fine in the morning. I'm not trying to be a downer, but most people simply don't have that tolerance.

Besides that, my main concern (and the concern of others) was the combination of heavy drinking with the other physical stresses, especially fatigue, dehydration, and lack of sleep.

On August 25 2011 00:14 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!

This is comforting. It's probably already in your plan, but you should make time for a few small meals.

Be well. Good luck.
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 23:40:55
August 24 2011 23:34 GMT
#237
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 25 2011 00:35 ComaDose wrote:
Now ryder...

I talked about every aspect of the challenge in that post?
I retract my sissies statement although I think you should understand that it was to the people that thought drinking that much was impossible.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I mentioned I had drank that much becuase I thought it was plain my main point was it is possible.
You said you don't think anyone thinks its impossible but people are saying stuff like:
"I don't think this is possible"

You extrapolated my words to imply i suggested drinking all 26 drinks before running.
I didn't say anyone who couldn't drink 26 drinks was a sissy.

I wonder when you said "did you not notice the other parts of the challenge" did you realize I was the OP?

Yeah you would have to elaborate on why anything I did classifies me as short sighted. Use less "lol"s and "herp derp"s in your answer becuase it does a poor job of discrediting me

In your post you only talked about the drinking aspect, not about anything else he has to do.

And 2 things, 1. For some people it IS impossible to drink that much, and 2. When people said it was impossible maybe they were referring to the entire challenge? Just because it is possible to drink 26 drinks, doesn't mean they will be able to do it amongst other things. I could bet my right nut when you were doing this challenge you had not run a marathon sometime before or during the challenge (not even mentioning the other things he has to do). It might make it that tiny bit harder, don't you agree? Maybe you doing the drinking challenge in isolation from doing anything else isn't a good comparison to make. And yeah chances are he won't die, he will just feel too sick to continue.

And I didn't extrapolate your words to suggest 'drinking all 26 drinks', if you go back and look at what I actually wrote, I included 'or any amount of alcoholic drinks (before running) for that matter'.

Anyway you clearly didn't read my last post so there is not much point in re-stating everything I said there again, but if you want to know why you came off as 'short sighted' read my post and particularily the part after I say 'you are being short sighted because'. As you didn't actually address any of the things I said there I'm gonna just assume you didn't read them.

Anyway no point cluttering an otherwise awesome topic up with our arguing, yes I do realize now you are the OP which only surprises me more after reading your replies.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
August 24 2011 23:41 GMT
#238
holy shit tyler is going to kill himself
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 23:58:46
August 24 2011 23:57 GMT
#239
On August 25 2011 08:34 Ryder. wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 25 2011 00:35 ComaDose wrote:
Now ryder...

I talked about every aspect of the challenge in that post?
I retract my sissies statement although I think you should understand that it was to the people that thought drinking that much was impossible.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I mentioned I had drank that much becuase I thought it was plain my main point was it is possible.
You said you don't think anyone thinks its impossible but people are saying stuff like:
"I don't think this is possible"

You extrapolated my words to imply i suggested drinking all 26 drinks before running.
I didn't say anyone who couldn't drink 26 drinks was a sissy.

I wonder when you said "did you not notice the other parts of the challenge" did you realize I was the OP?

Yeah you would have to elaborate on why anything I did classifies me as short sighted. Use less "lol"s and "herp derp"s in your answer becuase it does a poor job of discrediting me

In your post you only talked about the drinking aspect, not about anything else he has to do.

And 2 things, 1. For some people it IS impossible to drink that much, and 2. When people said it was impossible maybe they were referring to the entire challenge? Just because it is possible to drink 26 drinks, doesn't mean they will be able to do it amongst other things. I could bet my right nut when you were doing this challenge you had not run a marathon sometime before or during the challenge (not even mentioning the other things he has to do). It might make it that tiny bit harder, don't you agree? Maybe you doing the drinking challenge in isolation from doing anything else isn't a good comparison to make. And yeah chances are he won't die, he will just feel too sick to continue.

And I didn't extrapolate your words to suggest 'drinking all 26 drinks', if you go back and look at what I actually wrote, I included 'or any amount of alcoholic drinks (before running) for that matter'.

Anyway you clearly didn't read my last post so there is not much point in re-stating everything I said there again, but if you want to know why you came off as 'short sighted' read my post and particularily the part after I say 'you are being short sighted because'. As you didn't actually address any of the things I said there I'm gonna just assume you didn't read them.

Anyway no point cluttering an otherwise awesome topic up with our arguing, yes I do realize now you are the OP which only surprises me more after reading your replies.

Thanks I put a lot of effort into it.
This conversation will continue with pms.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 00:30:29
August 25 2011 00:29 GMT
#240
On August 25 2011 00:14 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!


After running a marathon's worth of distance and in the midst of doing all those pullups, I predict your metabolism will be at its peak. Couple that with all the carbs in the donuts and moderate drinking in the 3 weeks prior to your challenge date, and I bet you'll accumulate even less than that (at least in the initial hours after the run).

You know your own body best of course though. Anyways, what is the challenge date. Some friends and I would like to complete it alongside you
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings140
CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech119
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4257
Jaedong 2005
actioN 1024
EffOrt 785
Soma 619
Horang2 586
Killer 507
BeSt 453
Stork 228
Pusan 184
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
Zeus 137
Rush 121
Barracks 96
Light 91
JYJ 90
Snow 85
Larva 68
ggaemo 61
Sea.KH 52
Mong 49
HiyA 47
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 35
hero 28
Sharp 24
Shinee 24
sorry 17
zelot 17
Sexy 16
Noble 15
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
Dendi626
XaKoH 375
League of Legends
Reynor82
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3068
Other Games
gofns70457
singsing1551
olofmeister1288
byalli518
B2W.Neo215
Livibee204
OGKoka 102
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV378
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV188
League of Legends
• Jankos1791
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 54m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.