• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7897 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Detwiler
Profile Joined June 2011
United States239 Posts
August 25 2011 00:42 GMT
#241
holy hell.. is he sure he understands how hard thts gonna be lol but hey if he can do it more power to him thats hardcore
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
August 25 2011 01:06 GMT
#242
On August 25 2011 00:27 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.


This is almost not fair. It's such a cool idea, and we have to wait till december .Not fair man.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
August 25 2011 01:19 GMT
#243
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.
LolitsPing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States285 Posts
August 25 2011 01:33 GMT
#244
I would do this but...
I'm under 21 LOL
but other than that, I think I can do it in 26.2 hours ^^

Marathon will prolly take me 4 hours. First thing that you should do.
Eat/Drink after.
Pull Ups.
Starcraft.
Citius, Altius, Fortius
Barett
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada454 Posts
August 25 2011 02:38 GMT
#245
That is crazy. I don't even know how that is possible lol. Marathon, Winning 26 games. And 262 Chinups? Followed by Drinking and Eating? Wow. That is not alot of time for such a amount of activity. I support it though! Big Tyler fan.

GL HF~
Gym, Video Games, Laundry.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 25 2011 14:25 GMT
#246
To save stomach space and avoid soda in your drinks which may dehydrate participants more, I recommend Gatorade Recipes from This Site. Some of them look pretty good. But one will have to drink more water than usual as well.

Source: Logic off the top of my head.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
August 25 2011 14:52 GMT
#247
Have your sponsors weighed in on this yet?
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
August 25 2011 14:53 GMT
#248
Wow I cant imagine running after drinking haha. I figured you would do all the running first and then drink/eat etc.

@Dental Floss - it doesn't affect them.
RIP MBC Game Hero
CygNus X-1
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada169 Posts
August 25 2011 14:55 GMT
#249
Good luck, Tyler. I think that you ll do great and have a good chance of accomplishing this. Your first draft looks doable and only issue I see is the 10 mile run after doing 16, drinking, eating, and sitting for 3 hours.
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control.
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
August 25 2011 16:23 GMT
#250
This really isn't healthy Tyler. Oh god.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 18:25:28
August 25 2011 16:49 GMT
#251
On August 26 2011 01:23 sorrowptoss wrote:
This really isn't healthy Tyler. Oh god.


lol it's a challenge, it's not like he is doing it every day. Carpe diem!
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 17:36:15
August 25 2011 17:35 GMT
#252
I don't know, wouldn't it be easy to kill yourself, or seriousy induce some kind of serious shock/bad things. I would have someone supervising so that they can call the ambulance...People faint/pass out trying to do just doing one of these tasks.
xVoiid
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada199 Posts
August 25 2011 17:42 GMT
#253
As cool as he is for doing something like this, I'm extremely worried about the outcome. This is a bit extreme Tyler, health comes first. :/
It ain't over 'till it's over.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 17:42:31
August 25 2011 17:42 GMT
#254
On August 26 2011 02:35 Chronopolis wrote:
I don't know, wouldn't it be easy to kill yourself, or seriousy induce some kind of serious shock/bad things. I would have someone supervising so that they can call the ambulance...People faint/pass out trying to do just doing one of these tasks.
On August 25 2011 00:14 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!
relax and enjoy the show hes going to be safe.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
August 25 2011 17:52 GMT
#255
It is understood that pull-ups are not what is in the picture on the front page. Pull-ups are hands far far wide, and a grip opposite to that in the picture. It is atleast 5x harder than a chin-up... I hope I understand that's what he's doing.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 25 2011 18:02 GMT
#256
On August 26 2011 02:52 FiWiFaKi wrote:
It is understood that pull-ups are not what is in the picture on the front page. Pull-ups are hands far far wide, and a grip opposite to that in the picture. It is atleast 5x harder than a chin-up... I hope I understand that's what he's doing.

He will be doing the chin-ups version. I think the difficulty is relevant to bicep versus back strength and personally I can't lift my ass more than a handful 1 at a time on a good day but one doesn't seem harder than the other.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Facedriller
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 18:25:01
August 25 2011 18:23 GMT
#257
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.
A Marine walks into a bar and says: "Where's the counter?"
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
August 25 2011 19:07 GMT
#258
tyler is amazing.

this will be so epic.
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Slakkoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1119 Posts
August 25 2011 19:37 GMT
#259
I will join in on the beer part, the rest I'll watch, GL Tyler! :D
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
August 25 2011 19:53 GMT
#260
On August 26 2011 03:23 Facedriller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 10:19 Excludos wrote:
262 pullups within a day? I don't see how thats possible in any way unless you're a pro athlete. Maybe if thats all you did that day..but combined with other stuff?

Scrap that, and replace it with something else, and its definitively doable.


Rofl, are you insane? you dont need to be a pro athlete to do 262 pullups a day...

I'm not a pro athlete, and i can do atleast 4 sets of pullups with 15-20 repetitions each in 10 minutes.
So doing 262 pullups in 26.2 hours = extremely plausible.

Give it 1 hour and 262 pullups will be done, with time left aswell.


Nobody on TL can do 262 pullups in an hour. Even a pro athlete would struggle with that amount, though I'm sure there are some who could do it. 80 in 10 minutes I can believe, but that's a lot different from 262 in an hour. Your body needs time to regenerate.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings140
CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech119
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4257
Jaedong 2005
actioN 1024
EffOrt 785
Soma 619
Horang2 586
Killer 507
BeSt 453
Stork 228
Pusan 184
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
Zeus 137
Rush 121
Barracks 96
Light 91
JYJ 90
Snow 85
Larva 68
ggaemo 61
Sea.KH 52
Mong 49
HiyA 47
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 35
hero 28
Sharp 24
Shinee 24
sorry 17
zelot 17
Sexy 16
Noble 15
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
Dendi626
XaKoH 375
League of Legends
Reynor82
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3068
Other Games
gofns70457
singsing1551
olofmeister1288
byalli518
B2W.Neo215
Livibee204
OGKoka 102
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV378
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV188
League of Legends
• Jankos1791
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 54m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.